South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

I definetely like the hostel! The place is very clear, people are a lot of fun, price is very good. I would go back to this hostel for sure.

Thank you for your kind review! We will be happy to have you as our guest again.

SoBe Hostel was really good! The location is good, the rooms are nice and it's clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful and really helped me and my friends to a great time at SoBe. I totally loved the atmosphere and the hangout bar. I don't have anything bad to say about my stay there. A big plus are the low prices, the breakfast and the possibility to use their beach umbrellas.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We are proud to have a full bar, free breakfast and a less than 5 minute walk to the beach. Thank you for providing your review and we hope to see you at our hostel again!

Liked the hostel, as it is located in a quiet, but still well located place. Close to the beach and to Ocean Drive (bars/restaurants). As it has a happy hour every night and an offer in cooperation with some club, you meet a lot of fellow travellers, which is great travelling alone! :) Rooms are small, but clean. Beds are okay - not too comfortable, but what more do you expect for this price in South beach?! ;) Recommendable, if you are up to meet people and party - not, if you come to relax.

don´t like, we didn't have internet in rooms, only in lobby, the price versus the rooms was really expensive I reserved a private room and they showed a really DIFFERENT Photos that really was the hostel. very disappointed of this hostel

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy. I'm not sure which pictures you are referring to however as our Hostelworld pictures are current pictures. We keep the internet in the lobby so that people spend less time in their rooms and more time meeting other travelers. We want to provide an environment for people to meet other travelers and make memories while they are in South Beach. We hope you found some time to make some friends while you were here. Again we are sorry you were not happy.

Very noisy, very bad mattresses, no A/C in our room, the towels reek, shower curtains are molded

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy. If there was a problem with our towels we hope that you brought it to the attention of the front desk so they could replace your towel. All of our linens and towels are professionally washed daily to ensure each guest gets a fresh clean towel and clean sheets to sleep on.During spring break the hostel is a bit nosier than usual because of all the students celebrating a break from school, although we try to keep the guest area quiet.We hope you try us again.

I've been there a few days. For this price you won't find a better hostel in South Beach. If you're more into party you should book a hostel nearer to Ocean Ave. But this worked for me I'm not such a party person and it's really hard to find an affordable. clean and nice place in Miami. Wifi is not that good at the hostel, officially just works in the lobby, but surprisingly worked in my 4 bed female dorm upstairs. The lockers under the bunk beds were nice, just the matresses are not so good.

5 mins to the beach. Very secure, fun, clean place. 6 person dorms are very cramped if full. Organised Pub crawls every night. Bar on site with a free drink on checkin. Only downside is it's down on 2nd st, so is a few blocks to walk to most places and a short Cab ride to the other end of south beach.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel as well as our club nights and full bar. Next time ask the front desk about the SoBe Local bus which goes all around South Beach for 25 cents so you don't have to spend money on cabs. Thanks for staying at SoBe Hostel!

I would recommend South Beach Hostel. Staff is nice. Beds are ok. Lockers are big enough. Breakfast is decent. They have outings every night and a bar is available downstairs for guests only. You meet loads of nice people. The only thing I could reproch is the cleanliness and the shabbiness of the showers which were tough not to frown upon.

I hate to say that some guests didn't respect the rest and sleep of the others by screaming and laughing verdy loudly right in the middle of the night.Some came back drunk from the night club and woke me up sevral times during the night.....

• 5th Apr 2014

Facilities are very poor, got a cold shower most of the time (and wear some footwear) . Staff always seemed to be ticked off about something. Price was ok but there are far better hostels in a better location closer to beach and shops for similar $$$ do some shopping around

• 4th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is only 5 min. away from the beach. They clean the bathrooms twice a day, the only thing that was dirty was my bed. The sheets of the person before me were still there and when i brought them to the reception the lady just left me standing there with dirty sheets, checking if she put me in the wrong room, instead of showing me where to put them. There isn't wifi in the room and there aren't cooking facilities. There is wifi in the lobby, but is noisy, cause the music is always on.

Best party ever. The guys from the hostel organize everything.

• 3rd Apr 2014

good location and friendly people. Wi-Fi is not available in room, you must go to lobby to use internet. everyday doing party but the music and noise are shut out by doors between rooms and lobby, so I could sleep comfortably. room is really tiny.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Japan

No kitchen. Please, even a hot plate where you could fry an egg. Too expensive to eat out all the time.

Excelent. Very good staff, and the people everybody were happy and friendly.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Had a brilliant stay at SOBE hostel, met a fantastic bunch of people as well! Brilliant atmosphere especially at the main lobby/bar and great place to meet new people. Rooms were a bit small but sure you just need it to sleep! Showers I had to wait awhile for the water to heat up but nonetheless it done the job! Would definitely go back again!

2 night stay during the week. Quiet in second floor room despite electronic music festival in town. Convenient location between beach and restaurants.

• 25th Mar 2014

Great place to stay for those on a budget. Staff are great and the bar is the cheapest you'll find in Miami. The on thing I would say is that the rooms are small and can get really hot, especially if you're in a room with 6 people! But for all the time you spend in them you don't care!! Great hostel overall!

• 24th Mar 2014