South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, Florida, USA

I didn't feel that the atmosphere was very good at this hostel, it was hard to meet people compared to the International Travelers hostel on 9th street. I checked into SOBE hostel but spent all my time at the other one as more friendly!

• 4th Nov 2013

We are sorry you felt this way, it would be helpful to know what you didn't like about the atmosphere. We are the only hostel in Miami with a full liquor bar and we offer 2 happy hours each day which can be a great way to meet other guests. Also our organized club nights have been a great way for our guests to socialize. We host parties and events such as ping pong or beer pong nights. Perhaps if you had spent some more time at SoBe Hostel you could have met more people during these events.

Having been here two years ago, I was shocked at the new decor--they replaced the calm, soothing beach-like interior with a bland, club-like orange-black-and-white motif. The white walls in the bedrooms were not as nice as when they were a light blue. The bathroom stalls did not have much room, but they were clean for the most part. The location is great for being close to the beach and also to the bus stops.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to hear you did not like the new colors, most of our guests enjoy the vibrant orange and black chalkboard wall that they are able to write on. We are constantly thinking about ways to improve so if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them. We hope you enjoyed the brand new beds that replaced the ones that were here when you were here last. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will come back to SoBe Hostel.

I love it, was my first time in hostel ! I recommend for all my friends.

The facilities were very inviting and festive. The bar really is what makes this place superior, as far as being a fun place to stay. The room I shared with multiple different people always felt comfortable and safe. This place seems to attract quite a good variety of respectable people, and that can make such a huge difference in ones stay. I had such a blast at this place and in southbeach, I totally recommend. Only complaint: kitchen needs oven and stove.

• 1st Nov 2013

Atatch the beds to the walls so they don't wiggle and squeek.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

Best stay ever in a Hostel, the experience was wonderful.

Actually I came here to relax after three weeks at sea crossing the Atlantic and for the most part was able to do so. Staff were excellent, friendly and obliging. Guests were a mixture of reserved Northern European apprentice bartenders, flamboyant latino's and talkative outgoing Americans. The location was excellent although the " kitchen " was a major disappointment with no hot plates, minimal cutlery and only a microwave and mini-oven. SoBe comes recommended. Trenton, Earth

The people at the hostal it's really nice and they answer all your questions, it's fabulous that they lend u umbrellas and towels to go to the beach. The breakfast it's not bad it's just what u need but try to go early because if you go at the end you are screwed. U can walk all the area and it's really good and secure. I went alone and I meet lots of people (: DON'T FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING TO CLOSE THE LOCKER, thank u SOBE. I'll definitely return!

• 19th Oct 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you enjoyed staying at our hostel. We will look into our breakfast system to see what we can improve. We do have locks available for purchase at the front desk to secure the lockers, just so you know if you do decide to stay with us again. We hope to see you again at SoBe Hostel!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »