South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Great place well maintained & good location

Loved my experience! Simple check-in and check-out, good amenities, CLEAN+++, and equipped with a friendly and helpful staff; specifically Jose- he was the front desk agent who checked me in, was VERY accommodating to my needs and requests, and SUPER friendly. GREAT EMPLOYEE TO HAVE!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Very good location, easy to get there from airport on bus. Bar was nice. Rooms are small and cramped but that should be expected at a hostel.

Bathrooms need to be cleaner .. and staff to check on things as they go bad .. (like a soap dispenser that was broken) .. or just cleaner floors ... overall the cleanliness was ok though

• 25th Nov 2013

It's too loud and its difficult to sleep sometimes. The bedrooms are really really small. The bathrooms are clean and quite nice. The kitchen, however, is so small and has not enough supplies for cooking. The place was packed and the common rooms were not enough for the amount of people.

Nice location and really nice and helpful staff!

Funcionários muito solícitos.

• 21st Nov 2013

The staff was excellent and the rooms are ok except for the bed which is not so comfortable and and the AA is too noise, you should consider a split and new matresses The atmosphere is excellent.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

I found the staff at the reception desk friendly and helpful.....however the staff member on the breakfast service was very rude on more than one occasion! I noticed he was rude with most guests. It was an unpleasant and uncomfortable start to the day with him around. Other than that the hostel was ok, clean rooms and bathrooms and a decent communal kitchen.

a lot way better than the hostel nearby and staff service as perfect! was smiling and happy!

The Hostel is the best. location, parties, breakfast, all very good! unfortunately an employee who works anoite. V. .. is extremely arrogant and rude.

The smell was very strong (cleaning products). Bed was a bit uncomfortable for a tall person (especially the top bunk). Breakfast was mediocore at best..

• 16th Nov 2013

Keep up the good work!

• 15th Nov 2013

I had a great one night stay here. Awesome location and great security.

The mattress to sleep on should have benn better.

• 14th Nov 2013

People running down the halls very drunk around 2am wen our room were trying to sleep.

I was there just for 2 days, but everything was ok. The staff was nice and helpfull! You can meet nice people at the bar every evening, yes it is a party hostel but I never heard the music at the second floor during the night. The rooms are small and the beds shaky (yet comfortable for 2 nights) but for this price it was totally ok and nice breakfast. The only thing that bothers me, is the garbage produced everyday, at breakfast or at the bar but I guess that is normal all over Miami..

• 11th Nov 2013

Very nice hostel. Good price, staff is amazing (always there to really help you), location is good, it is clean (I saw people constantly cleaning bathroom and common room). It can be calm if you want and also eventful (depends on you). Breakfast is good if you are not staying too long but you can buy your things and use the kitchen. Rooms are a little bit narrow, but it's ok and not very different from other hostels I've stayed. And again, staff is helpful, nice and friendly.

Great place to stay! I would recommend!

I didn't feel that the atmosphere was very good at this hostel, it was hard to meet people compared to the International Travelers hostel on 9th street. I checked into SOBE hostel but spent all my time at the other one as more friendly!

• 4th Nov 2013

We are sorry you felt this way, it would be helpful to know what you didn't like about the atmosphere. We are the only hostel in Miami with a full liquor bar and we offer 2 happy hours each day which can be a great way to meet other guests. Also our organized club nights have been a great way for our guests to socialize. We host parties and events such as ping pong or beer pong nights. Perhaps if you had spent some more time at SoBe Hostel you could have met more people during these events.