South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, Florida, USA

Don't feel air con on the top bunks, very uncomfortable sleep. Bunk beds are very noisy and almost no space for 4 people all with one suitcase each.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Rooms are too small and bunk beds pretty small, too. Besides these things hostel offers a great locación pretty close from the beach and many activities as Well. I can recommend it to You!

Pros: Good location close to beach and restaurants. Friendly staff. Social atmosphere. Cons: Tiny Rooms. Noisy

During our stay my friends passport got stolen as well as some jewellery of mine. It was taken from my suitcase. No one seemed interested in the situation and passed us on to the police. It was definitely one of the girls in our room and the fact that the hostel weren't willing to either search their bags or at least get involved with the situation was really disappointing!

We are truly sorry about the problem you had. Believe me that we care, and we want to solve the problem. Unfortunately it is against the law for us to open a guest luggage, the police are the only ones capable of doing it, and that is why we recommended that you get them involved. We always encourage out guest to leave their valuables inside of a locker to prevent this situations from happening, since it is a hostel and you share a room with strangers.

there was a group of 8 of u staying in a mixed bed dorm for 5 nights, we paid around $20 a night which was really cheap as it included breakfast, the hostel was full of young people which meant it had a really good atmosphere, the hostel also arranges nights out too which were usually around $20 for a party bus and entrance into one of the clubs, the hostel is a 5 minute walk from the beach and all in all we had an amazing stay here and would recomend it for any groups of young people.

Tiny lockers, tiny rooms, dirty towels and linen, had things stolen from our room, WiFi only worked in lobby, bathrooms were closed and cleaned during peak periods, nowhere to sit products whilst in shower, towel was too small to fit around my body, despite signs saying no partying in hallways we were kept awake all night with no one appearing to care that everyone was drunk and partying in the halls at 1am.

• 19th Aug 2013

the place was not clean at all, the small was pretty small (less than 8 square metters for 6 beds !), we had to share 2 showers with all people and the shower had only a curtain not even a door and it was not really clean. The kitchen is not really a kitchen, I couldn't even make pasta and it's always crowd with drunk people as they use this small room for pre-drink. I think the price is really expensive for what is it. Even the staff was not nice and the wifi is terrible ! It's not working !

• 16th Aug 2013

A good hostel - we only had two complaints. There are only a small handful of parking permits available, meaning guests have no choice but to use expensive street parking. There should be a system (e.g. Waiting list) for fair allocation of the passes that are available and the fact that this is not widely available should be advertised. Secondly, the air conditioning in our dorm was so loud and set so high that we struggled to sleep on both nights - there was no way of altering this.

• 16th Aug 2013

I love the place, but people screaming in the hallways? Not so much since you sing a little term agreeing not to do such! I really loved to be there, met a lot of great ppl, nice bar tenders, location, price and drink specials. :)

This is one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed at for two main reasons. The first is the cramped conditions in the bedroom. I was in room 103. It was a six person dorm. There was no ground space to even leave my bag when I arrived. The room was so cramped. The beds were small 3/4 size beds to fit the room. My second complaint was the noise in the hostel throughout the night.There was a kitchen opposite my room which hosted guests all night. Would not recommend this hostel.

Unless you're going to non-stop get drunk then i wouldn't bother this place. The hostel says want it does, but there's no sociable area but a bar which is soo loud. It's difficult to socialise and most people are there just to drink so conversations are quite dull. While the location is good, you will be able to do Miami stuff in the day without worry. Breakfast is pointless and there is no smoking area.

I would definitely stay here again, made friends so easily even though I was already travelling in a large group.

I was staying in a female room of 4 and in the middle of the night there was a lot of knocking I thought some might have locked them selfs out so opened it. I then had a 10mimuete struggle with a very drunk man who was trying to brake in and he in my bed after finally tackling him out I then had to listen to him going all every other room doing the same. there was absolutely no security. We left the next day and got a hotel as it was safer.

• 13th Aug 2013

You get what you pay for. The bedrooms are extremely small. Almost claustrophobic like. The kitchen facilities are poor as is the breakfast, all you get is a bagel or a banana. My bedding and towels where not fully clean even when I asked for a new towel every day. There isn't enough plugs in the rooms for the amount of people.

• 13th Aug 2013

I stayed there several times last month because its the best Hostel in Miami: clean, good atmosphere, close to the beach and to the city, Airportflyer goes directly from/to Airport - Hostel for 2,35 Dollar (30 minutes) and the staff tries to give you always good advises and help. Special thanks to Galy the cool Bartender and Mariano one of the receptionists who organised for us a lot and made the impossible things possible.

if you are in a good mood, travel on your own or with friends and want to make friends and have some fun in a good atmosphere place, so thats the hostel you have to go. really recommended.

Good nightlife and great location

• 10th Aug 2013

Good breakfast, but there was a server guy that was really impacient and rude, asking everytime for the ticket to get the food (unfortunately, i forgot to ask his name). Maybe this gentleman could be more pacient in the future to avoid a unnecessary serious discussion. Anyway, everybody else was excellent: the waitresses, the reception guys and all the maids, very polite all of them!

• 9th Aug 2013

Except the good location, there is no reason to recommend , the room is so small that even no space to keep the luggage.Not worth that price !

I enjoyed my stay. Enjoyable and an excellent location. Lack of parking was a bummer but expected, and not really much they can do about it on South Beach. The only issue was the air conditioner in our room not working, or being set to too low a setting on the last day. Staff were informed, but if it was dealt with it happened after I left. Not a big deal for me, but my room-mates were certainly grumbling!

• 8th Aug 2013