South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Had a great time at the hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly at all times. The bar was a lot of fun and had a good happy hour! The bathroom upstairs had plenty of showers so that I never had to wait. Only things I would change would be to add more activities other than just big clubs every night and to add little lights/shelves near the beds, especially the top bunk where it is very easy to have things like your phone or water fall off in the night.

• 5th Feb 2014

rental service for beach is good, breakfast is simple but okay, 3 block from beach and close to park

My room was extremely small and it had a very small window. I slept in the upper bed and I hit my head with the roof all the time. The showers had hairs on the wall. In the lobby there was an ugly smell.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Argentina

The kitchen has no stove to cook on and with the high prices of South Beach it would be an asset to be able to cook our own food instead of always spending money in restaurants or eateries that charge an arm and a leg for a salad (almost $ 8.00 for just a small bowl of salad and another $5.00 for a bit of tuna or chicken - really?).

website looks much better than the hostel in reality

• 2nd Feb 2014

nice atmosphere, the bar is an awesome place to meet people. staff is quite friendly and helpful. the beds are very narrow, but they have quite spacious lockers. location is great, as you can walk to the beach. everything was clean. i'd definitely go there again.

Great vibe. Attracts cool people. Friendly staff. Nice facilities.

The staff are the most friendly and helpful I have encountered at any hostel!

• 26th Jan 2014

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed in. We arrived with a group of 3. First we got a 6 bed room instead our booked 4 bed room. Next thing to complain about was the lack of cleanliness. Dirty towels, dirty beds, dirt everywhere. Not to talk about the smelly floors and rooms. Last but not least the staff was far away from being friendly and competent. I stayed in this hostel for the second time since 2011. There was not much seen from the announced renovation..overall recommended to nobody!

• 24th Jan 2014

Awesome staff! Only complaint is small rooms and not the cleanest showers but everything else was great I'd definitely stay again and recommend to a friend!

Nothing wrong with this place but nothing too special bout it either. Beds were pretty average but the bar downstairs was a great way to meet people. Staff very helpful.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone! I found the hostel to be extremely clean and the staff to be especially friendly. I brought an expensive cello that I was able to practice on while there and able to store without any security issues whatsoever. The location is unbeatable...minutes from the beach and very close to a lot of shops and such. I will definitely be back!

• 17th Jan 2014

The localization is excellentt , and the hostel has a louge and a bar thatr you can meet people. ll will came back!

• 16th Jan 2014

The kitchen is too small and mainly there is no gas/electric cooker. Therefore is totally useless. People going to hostel need to have the spirit and willingness to meet other people and not to stay always connected alone with their electronic devices By the way, internet is working really bad since it loses connection every 5 minutes.

Very good hostel but they should isolate the bar from recepção because the loud music. I stayed in a bedroom, on the second floor located above of reception, and I couldn't sleep.

• 15th Jan 2014

I enjoyed staying here a lot! VERY CLEAN (100 %), 7 min to beach, very friendly and helpful staff, and fun international travellers, many from Europe. Free breakfast, linens and towels.Free luggage storage after check out. BIG comfortable luggage boxes in room under beds! Room for 4 pers is wide! Guests are friendly, not noisy, I slept excellent ) Only Internet was bad in SoBe. Kitchen nice and clean, but without stove to cook. Location is excellent and safe, good price.THANKS A LOT!!!

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Ukraine

Honestly an amazing time and place for about 20-25 dollars a night. I was able to travel to south beach and stay for 7 nights for 200 dollars. That's perfect for a student budget like mine. Do it if you're looking to meet young (people in their 20's) from across the world, and if you want to party, or just have some interesting experiences. Don't do it if you're a family, and want to get a good night sleep. My first hostel experience, and I loved it.

• 14th Jan 2014

Great atmosphere! I feel like I'm really relaxing this area when I stay there. Even they can keep my luggage after I chekck out. I like it!

Party location, always music at entrance!! Kitchen was much to small.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Great Location, wonderful staff, safe and secure for a great price. A little noisy in the halls late at night, but overall a great value for a short stay.

• 11th Jan 2014