South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Very nice place! The best in Miami Beach!

• 17th Sep 2013

Will tell others to stay here when they visit South Beach.

I would like that breakfast has more options available as another hostels that I stayed!!

Thank you for your review and high score of our hostel! We are glad you enjoyed the bagels, coffee, fruit and juice provided in the mornings. We hope to see you again!

The social aspect was great and the bar downstairs was good also but the bathrooms were horrible! No where to get dressed but in the wet shower and not enough hanging space. The toilets were to small my knees were almost touching the doors! Cleaning of bathrooms needs to be done more often also!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Hangout Bar and the lobby at the hostel. I'm very sorry you felt the bathrooms were too small. We are always looking to improve and we will take this into consideration. The bathrooms are cleaned at least twice a day by our housekeeping staff. If something appears dirty we encourage our guests to let the desk know so that we can take care of it. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in South Beach!

Ridiculously small rooms, very loud all night, dirty bathrooms (some showers didn't work), poor breakfast (one bagel). wifi breaks down all the time and location is not the best (far to walk to bars/clubs). Next time I would stay somewhere else.

I'm sorry you were unhappy with us. We try to keep the sleeping areas quiet but we pride ourselves on having the best hostel lobby in South Beach with a full service bar and pre-parties before we bring everyone to the clubs nearby. The bathrooms are cleaned daily. If something doesn't work if you let the front desk know we can have it fixed. I hope you got to enjoy the fresh fruit that comes with the breakfast. We have since fixed the wifi. Thank you for your review.

The room we were in was very cramped and above the bar so a loud bass all night if you wanted to stay in. No where to really relax at the end of the day. But if you wanna party it is the place to be and so close to the beach.

• 12th Sep 2013

If you want to cook your own food... Good luck to you there is 1 pot, no bowls, about 3 spoons and forks. So that's not really great. Showers worked on and off the first few nights bit they seemed to fix that. Everything else was good. Cool bar downstairs pricey drinks for a hostel bar but they have promoters which take you to different clubs every night which is pretty good. Rooms get cleaned well everyday and the location is just a few blocks from main south beach nightlife, about 10 mins walk

We and other guests nicknamed this hostel "The prison". The rooms are some of the poorest I've ever seen, the whole place is extremely noisy (you won't sleep much), kind of far from interesting locations on SoBe, the bathrooms are dirty, two out of three showers didn't work and concerning the "breakfast": you have to get in line for 30 minutes just to get one bagel (not more). Oh, and they were lying in the description: they do not offer parking - the closest parking lot costs 20$ per night.

I'm sorry you feel this way about our hostel, however I think we are far from deserving the name "prison." With a full service bar and lobby, free internet cafe and free wifi, organized club nights and tours, a 5 minute walk from the beach, I don't think any prison offers these amenities. About the parking, we are temporarily out of parking passes but we are working to find a better solution for parking. We do appreciate your review and will look into the problems you mentioned.

The rooms were really cold, U cant change the the degree of air continional. And the rooms are small, they dont have anything except beds :) and the car park is also a Big problem, they sould have free parking for the customers. But the bathrooms and rooms were so clean, thanks.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

At $20 something for a 4 bed dorm, you really can't ask for more. Fantastic location - no I'm not even referring to it being 5 mins walk from South beach. The relatively lush green surroundings outside the hostel don't make you feel that you are in the middle of a noisy noisy party center.of the city. It's isolated enough yet just minutes from the 'action'. Will definitely recommend this place to all.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • India

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, helpful staff, fun ambience, couple of blocks to the beach. Great place to stay!

Thank you for your kind review and score! We hope to see you again when you visit South Beach!

I often stay here when I come visit South Beach. It's good value for what you get but no frills. I went on one of their pub crawls//club outings for the first time on this visit and I wasn't too impressed. I would recommend staying elsewhere if you want more of a fun and party atmosphere and opportunities to meet and connect with people.

Thank you for your review. Most of our guests enjoy having VIP entrance to some of the best clubs in South Beach. Perhaps the club was having an off night? Unfortunately we have no control over that. We try to create a fun party atmosphere in our lobby with our full bar and 4 large screen TVs and projector. We are always open to suggestions to make our hostel more fun though! Thank you for being our guest!

Miami South Beach Hostel is definetly the best hostel. Reasonable price including breakfast, airport shuttle and everything. Loved there!

The wifi didn't work most of the time and the background music was so loud that it was hard to have a conversation there. For me it was the worst hostel experience ever - next time I will go to. International. Travellers Hostel, where the atmosphere is much better

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Austria

We had amazing time at this hostel and met such a cool people! And staff here was the best! I definitely recommend this hostel :)

Great hostel realy enjoyed my stay here fantastic atmosphere and good location for the beach, will definitely be visiting again next year :)

• 1st Sep 2013

This hostel was once the best little-kept secret in South Beach. But now, it's pretty horrible. It is pretty dirty. The wi-fi is terrible. You cannot connect anywhere in the place and pages are slow when you do. There is absolutely no privacy anywhere. The music at night is so loud, you have to plug your ears. Rooms are tiny and everyone is frustrated with how small the rooms are. If you have more than one bag, you should stay elsewhere. I am pretty sure I won't be staying here again.

We did not expect this to be a party hotel, the bathrooms need improving

• 31st Aug 2013

No one controlled the entrance of the rooms, anyone could go there and the cleanliness was terrible, dirty bathroom and room, maybe I had no luck on that. Me and my friends had booked and payed for 7 days but stayed only 4 nights, we went to other place to stay. And when we asked for the money back we only got 1 day, the other 2 they told me we had to pay. Never back there.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

It was great that we could change the room to get together with some girls we already knew. But the Everglades tour was not the best. In future I will prefer to book it via internet.