South Beach Hostel Reviews

235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Miami, USA

Funcionários muito solícitos.

• 21st Nov 2013

The staff was excellent and the rooms are ok except for the bed which is not so comfortable and and the AA is too noise, you should consider a split and new matresses The atmosphere is excellent.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

I found the staff at the reception desk friendly and helpful.....however the staff member on the breakfast service was very rude on more than one occasion! I noticed he was rude with most guests. It was an unpleasant and uncomfortable start to the day with him around. Other than that the hostel was ok, clean rooms and bathrooms and a decent communal kitchen.

a lot way better than the hostel nearby and staff service as perfect! was smiling and happy!

The Hostel is the best. location, parties, breakfast, all very good! unfortunately an employee who works anoite. V. .. is extremely arrogant and rude.

The smell was very strong (cleaning products). Bed was a bit uncomfortable for a tall person (especially the top bunk). Breakfast was mediocore at best..

• 16th Nov 2013

Keep up the good work!

• 15th Nov 2013

I had a great one night stay here. Awesome location and great security.

The mattress to sleep on should have benn better.

• 14th Nov 2013

People running down the halls very drunk around 2am wen our room were trying to sleep.

I was there just for 2 days, but everything was ok. The staff was nice and helpfull! You can meet nice people at the bar every evening, yes it is a party hostel but I never heard the music at the second floor during the night. The rooms are small and the beds shaky (yet comfortable for 2 nights) but for this price it was totally ok and nice breakfast. The only thing that bothers me, is the garbage produced everyday, at breakfast or at the bar but I guess that is normal all over Miami..

• 11th Nov 2013

Very nice hostel. Good price, staff is amazing (always there to really help you), location is good, it is clean (I saw people constantly cleaning bathroom and common room). It can be calm if you want and also eventful (depends on you). Breakfast is good if you are not staying too long but you can buy your things and use the kitchen. Rooms are a little bit narrow, but it's ok and not very different from other hostels I've stayed. And again, staff is helpful, nice and friendly.

Great place to stay! I would recommend!

I didn't feel that the atmosphere was very good at this hostel, it was hard to meet people compared to the International Travelers hostel on 9th street. I checked into SOBE hostel but spent all my time at the other one as more friendly!

• 4th Nov 2013

We are sorry you felt this way, it would be helpful to know what you didn't like about the atmosphere. We are the only hostel in Miami with a full liquor bar and we offer 2 happy hours each day which can be a great way to meet other guests. Also our organized club nights have been a great way for our guests to socialize. We host parties and events such as ping pong or beer pong nights. Perhaps if you had spent some more time at SoBe Hostel you could have met more people during these events.

Having been here two years ago, I was shocked at the new decor--they replaced the calm, soothing beach-like interior with a bland, club-like orange-black-and-white motif. The white walls in the bedrooms were not as nice as when they were a light blue. The bathroom stalls did not have much room, but they were clean for the most part. The location is great for being close to the beach and also to the bus stops.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to hear you did not like the new colors, most of our guests enjoy the vibrant orange and black chalkboard wall that they are able to write on. We are constantly thinking about ways to improve so if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them. We hope you enjoyed the brand new beds that replaced the ones that were here when you were here last. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will come back to SoBe Hostel.

I love it, was my first time in hostel ! I recommend for all my friends.

The facilities were very inviting and festive. The bar really is what makes this place superior, as far as being a fun place to stay. The room I shared with multiple different people always felt comfortable and safe. This place seems to attract quite a good variety of respectable people, and that can make such a huge difference in ones stay. I had such a blast at this place and in southbeach, I totally recommend. Only complaint: kitchen needs oven and stove.

• 1st Nov 2013

Atatch the beds to the walls so they don't wiggle and squeek.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

Best stay ever in a Hostel, the experience was wonderful.

Actually I came here to relax after three weeks at sea crossing the Atlantic and for the most part was able to do so. Staff were excellent, friendly and obliging. Guests were a mixture of reserved Northern European apprentice bartenders, flamboyant latino's and talkative outgoing Americans. The location was excellent although the " kitchen " was a major disappointment with no hot plates, minimal cutlery and only a microwave and mini-oven. SoBe comes recommended. Trenton, Earth