South Coast Backpackers Reviews

1400 K.F.I. Road, Diani, Kenya

My dorm was by the pool and my bed had clean sheets, a mosquito net and a drawer underneath for storing my things (there are also lockers at the bar for storing valuables). There are lots of nice spots to sit and chill at backpackers including some comfy beds by the pool. The daily food special was local seafood which was so good! I had an early bus to catch so I went to bed early but I could see a group of people hanging out at the bar having fun too! Great location and staff..awesome place!

• 9th Jan 2016

Great Hostel, friendly staff, very easy to meet fellow travellers. Good pool area to spend your time beside. Food is good - I got great food when I asked for something local. Dorm rooms have nicer facilities than basic privates. The basic privates have rather run down shared bathroom, but you can just use one of the other ones. From everything I heard this is a lot better than Stilts. Much better facilities and more friendly, etc.

Nice hostel, there could be more toilets and showed though - it was quite busy in the mornings/evening

The hostel is the best hostel in Kenya :)

• 20th Jun 2015

I enjoyed Southcoast, great atmosphere and very social. The staff is friendly and arranges activities. The meals that they offer were good and inexpensive. The beach is a short walk directly down the road (10 min). Be aware that there is not air conditioning and it is quite hot at night.

We had a really nice stay at South Coast Backpackers. The breakfast was good and it was nice that the bed was prepared and towel and locker was provided for free.wifi could have been better, some more light in the bathroom and a fan or two in the dorm would be some suggestions. We'd love to be back soon!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Loved everything about South Coast. Louis has created an incredible atmostphere and you feel like family the second you walk in. Rooms and facilities are kept well, and the pool/bar area is great for hanging out. Short walk to the beach as well. Definitely loved our stay.

Very relaxed place, which has its pros and cons. It manages to remain relatively clean despite the chilling out that takes place. The amount of toilets/showers is very low compared to the potential number of guests, but there rarely seems to be a queue. I wonder why. Very nice pool bar where all the action takes place.

the staff are clicky

great staff, great rooms and very close to the beach although I was happy to spend most of my time within the beautiful grounds which is its own little oasis. You can party or you can chill out.. great place :)

A beautiful backpackers place, hidden behind a high fence. Great staff and great atmosphere. The staff tried to include everyone with games, going out and chilling around. They were very helpful and I understood why people book for a few nights and end up staying much longer.

The best atmospere of any hostel in kenya if you like to party and have a good time. Count on runds of free shots in the bar before an evening of partying until the sun rises. Check out the activities board for lots of fun daytime activities at discounted prices. Planned on staying two nights, ended up staying a week. If you are a real backpacker, this is the place to be. / Joe and Elin

had a great time, nice staff, great surroundings

• 22nd Nov 2013

I went to Southcoast backpackers for 1 week and stayed 6!! Amazing hostel with a great mix of partying and relaxing. Beautiful comman area with a clean swimming pool, and great places to chill out. The owners make everyone feel welcome, and make sure no one is left out, great for a solo traveller. I absolutely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Nov 2013

Bar far the best Hostel experience I have been part of..

Franchement très bonne place à recommender absolument.

• 6th Jul 2013

This is a great place to stay for a beach holiday or to explore the coast. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, there's a lively atmosphere, a nice pool, comfortable beds and furniture, and it's quite cheap. The beach is just a few minutes away and is a spectacular place to spend a few days.

• 23rd Feb 2013

It only took a couple of hours - then we extended our stay! This place was like staying at a friends place, I have been living in Kenya for 4 months and this time it felt like home... and safe! I would recommend it to everyone!!!

South Coast Backpackers has set a very high standard for me, no other hostels will ever compare when it comes to value for money, atmosphere, amazing staff and just an all round fantastic stay. I highly recommend all travellers to Diani Beach to stay here, you can't go wrong.

• 14th Oct 2012

bloody awesome. best place i ever stayed