South Gate Guesthouse Reviews

38 Guangming Road, Kenting, Taiwan

Nice hostel very close to the bus terminal . A lot of great commun area. The only problem was that We meet a few insects Which was not very pleasent.

Friendly owner, they gave me some local food to try. There were towels and mineral bottle. The rooftop was nice to relax. Location is perfect, just 1-2 min to the busstation and shops (7/11, family markt, Scooter rent...). Two thing which could be better: the door was all day open, I didn't get a key and there was no locker. So I had to bring all my valuables to the beach, which is not too good either. And then there were ants everywhere. The lady said it is because of the climat. Bring spray wi

The bed was very hard, and we were woken up several times during the night.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great location, friendly staff. The 4-person room was very peaceful even though it was Saturday evening. Our only complaint is that there was no warm water in the shower in the evening, so had to take a cold shower.

• 24th May 2014
  • Latvia

The staff is very nice, The decoration is simple but clean. A little bit far away from Kenting main street, but it would not a problem if u had hired a motor bike. This hostel has a large common area and a sheltered garden. I spent a few days at this hostel and I had very good experience.

We stayed there for 3 nights and it was perfectly comfortable. Rooms were clean, rooftop was enough large and convenient with kitchen and laundry space. All the staff was so helpful. I will definitely choose this cozy place for next visit in Hengcheng.

Really nice people and awesome location. The dorm itself is pretty charming and the City around interesting. A lot of activities are recommendable and the stuff will help you with all of that. There english ist great btw. 5 out of 5

This hostel is unremarkable in every way. Nothing to recommend it, and nothing to discourage you from staying here... except the town of Hengchung itself, which is not a place where a lot happens. Facilities are fine, the place is large and definitely Taiwan style. There were no lockers, at least not that I saw, and they were not pointed out to me. Scooters can be rented nearby, but there is little of interest near the hostel, or in Hengchun itself... except the city wall.

Very peaceful place. When you book a room, you also have access to laundry facilities, a full kitchen, dining room, living room and full bathroom- it's pretty much like living in a house. The staff is incredibly warm and friendly, and attentive to detail. I accidentally lost my earring there, and they actually emailed me a picture of the earring to ask if it was mine, and how to mail it back to me. The beds can be a little hard if you are not used to tatami mats/ chinese beds.

I have a "poor" for security because the lady just left the door unlocked so anyone can enter, but just carry your valuables with you, and honestly few people are thieves in Taiwan I find. I had no problems. It's also located near to the house used in Cape Number 7.

View all Kenting Bed and Breakfasts