South Gate Guesthouse Reviews

38 Guangming Road, Kenting, Taiwan

Really nice people and awesome location. The dorm itself is pretty charming and the City around interesting. A lot of activities are recommendable and the stuff will help you with all of that. There english ist great btw. 5 out of 5

This hostel is unremarkable in every way. Nothing to recommend it, and nothing to discourage you from staying here... except the town of Hengchung itself, which is not a place where a lot happens. Facilities are fine, the place is large and definitely Taiwan style. There were no lockers, at least not that I saw, and they were not pointed out to me. Scooters can be rented nearby, but there is little of interest near the hostel, or in Hengchun itself... except the city wall.

Very peaceful place. When you book a room, you also have access to laundry facilities, a full kitchen, dining room, living room and full bathroom- it's pretty much like living in a house. The staff is incredibly warm and friendly, and attentive to detail. I accidentally lost my earring there, and they actually emailed me a picture of the earring to ask if it was mine, and how to mail it back to me. The beds can be a little hard if you are not used to tatami mats/ chinese beds.

I have a "poor" for security because the lady just left the door unlocked so anyone can enter, but just carry your valuables with you, and honestly few people are thieves in Taiwan I find. I had no problems. It's also located near to the house used in Cape Number 7.

Excellent staff!