Southend Hostel Bremen Reviews

Jakobistr. 23 A, Bremen, Germany

Nice place. Stayed for one night in 10-beds dorm. Tram stop is just within 1-2 minutes walking distance. Staff was nice and friendly. The place was clean and calm, but maybe the mattress is too thin for me. 1-2 nights should be okay, but no longer. Otherwise, great basic hostel to stay!

Its was nice, but the locker´s padlock didn´t work.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

We had to pay for the linen and that was not clean. Our room smelled like if someone was smoking inside and the bathroom was not clean.

Stayed for one night only, the place was clean, beds were ok. It was surprisingly calm in a 10 bed dorm. Location is good (very close to the train station). But I wouldn't stay in a dorm for longer than one night. Otherwise, no complaints.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

A decent low budget hostel near the historical downtown area of Bremen. We stayed in a 10 bed dorm and slept like babies. For extra euros you can buy breakfast which was also quite sufficient for starting your day in Bremen. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Recommended!

It smells bad, like an ancient building that they've never cleaned it well, maybe because of the carpet. The reception is disorganized and the receptionists are not really pleasant, they look lazy and not really interested in answering you. Moreover, you have to ring a bell to get in the first time, and in my case I arrived befor 3pm and I had to wait outside in the street till they opened (and they did late). The kitchen is such a horrible place: disgusting.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

This is an excellent location for a cheap overnight stay. We were there with 20 guys for a bachelor party, for which the hostel is an excellent location.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very basic hostel with ensuite facilities. Great for a stag do and right in the middle of Bremen 2 minutes from the river.

• 9th Aug 2014

In general the hostel is ok. Its location is simply perfect: very close to the centre and the train station. Staff was very very nice and helpful. My dorm was pretty ok, except for the fact the I had to hold the shower because it could not be possible to hang it on the wall. I found the kitchen really disgusting, it really needs a renew!!

• 11th Jul 2014

Excellent!

Basically it's not bad, and someone couldn't use wifi in our room depending on their devices. キッチンが付いてて寝れれば良いと思ってるので、問題なし。デバイスによっては部屋でwifi使えません。 地下にあるキッチンが陰鬱としていて、カビ臭い。 世界一周〜a rolling ball in the air

• 27th Jun 2014
  • tuchida1987
  • Japan

Everything in the kitchen was very dirty and the smell of cigarette everywhere in the hostel was horrible.

nice and cosy hostel near by the city center. Within a short walk you are at all famous places in Bremen.

The staff was very nonchalant, the whole hostel was very rundown and dirty - not in a good way. There weren't the things promised on the website and everything cost extra. The atmosphere was dead and somewhat depressing so about only good things about this hostel were the location and other guests. Also, the horrible kitchen was in the cellar bunker - which we were told nothing about. I had to find out by exploring that dank cellar floor. My friend wouldn't even go there.

Nice location with very good staff, however, the build is too old, the lift is broken and my room is at 5F, also they don't have hair dry even they said they have.