5.8
Rating 514 Total Reviews
5.8
Rating 514 Total Reviews
Southend Hostel Bremen Located at Jakobistr. 23 A, , Bremen.
Germany

• laurajclayton
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th Nov 2016
2.6

TERRIBLE SERVICE and we felt UNSAFE! We arrived at 3pm when reception was due to open but no one was there! We called the number and they told us we could only check in at 7pm. We had been travelling all day and now had to carry our rucksacks for another 4 hours. Wifi was only in the common room so we sat in there when 2 men started acting strangely around us and we felt incredibly nervous! We locked ourselves in our dirty, foul smelling room, slept together in a single bed and left first thing

5th Oct 2016
4.9

Location is good, close to the river and main attractions. The stuff is not friendly and they are never there. When I got there I rang the bell for 20 min, a guest came and open the door for me. I still had to call them to let them know I was there for the check in. And all the others days I saw the reception.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
1st Oct 2016
6.3

The Hostel have a very good location, near to the city center. Easy to get there. The reception is always alone, I did my check out at 10:30, and asked to leave my backpack tehre until 5 O'clock, and the receptionist just allowed me until 2 O'clock. wi-fi don't work very well. But it was also cleanand good located. I'd come back there.

24th Sep 2016
3.7

yes for all the hostelworld places i have visited this is an unsatisfactory place and i will not recommended for anyone.i booked for 8 bedroom and i was given 9 bedroom,i paid 2 euro for bed covers that in my opinion should be in the bins. the environment is not welcome the place needs an update.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016
4.6

I have been to many hostels around the world before but this one was probably the most disappointing experience I had. The rooms and and the common room are not very clean and cozy. Beds are uncomfortable. And when checking in you have to pay an additional fee for bed linen and city taxes. Even though it is comparably cheap and located near the city center, i would not recommend it to others.

4th Sep 2016
3.7

Don't recommend. Linen extra $; zero atmosphere. Cheap but didn't see other backpackers. A lot of temporary living for locals or the like it seemed. Have check-in times but aren't there for them. Must call no matter the time. Apparently charge 10 euro if you check-in after time you call about but no discount when they aren't there for their check-in times and you wait 30 minutes. Most lockers aren't functioning and I had to push the issue to have them change my room to one with working l

27th Aug 2016
6.9

Nice clean rooms and surprisingly cost a lot less than expected. Expected a shared room got a private room. Result. Would definitely return.

• Switzerland, All Male Group, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

The hostel was good

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2016
6.3

We stayed here for one night while waiting for a train connection and the stay was as expected. It was the cheapest hostel and within walking distance of the train station (about 20 min walk). It wasnt the height of luxary but the Dorms were acceptable and the toilets clean. The pillows are sligthly lumpy but ok when folded! the kitchen in the basement has everything for light meals, but wash everything before use. Overall I would say the hostel is reasonable for an overnight stay.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
2.9

I stayed in a 10 dorm bedroom. And it was not worth the money at all. You sleep on prison beds, very uncomfortable. Everything is really old and dirty. WiFi only I'm the common room of course no cooking facilities which are of any use. It's close to the train station that's good. BuBuf they should ask have the price for it. Very disappointed.