Southend Hostel Bremen Reviews

Jakobistr. 23 A, Bremen, Germany

The staff was very hospitable. They help directly. It is a great hostel.

• 21st Feb 2015

The pillow and mattress are horribly uncomfartable. Everything else was fine. The girl at reception was super helpful answering my million questions, but somebody let in this really creepy guy into the building who had asked for me and I had to sit with him for like twenty minutes because of it-so I don't know why he was let in but that pissed me off. Good for a couple nights.

I spent one night with 20 friends in this hostel. We booked shared rooms and of course it is expected to sleep with another people but my girlfriends shared the room with a homeless man (quite disapointing and smelly) We came from Hamburg, from a cheaper and better hostel. The problem wasn't the hostel instalations but the staff interest. Wifi was only available in the common areas and they turned it off during the night. You have to pay for the sheets and it wasn't the cleanest thing I've seen.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Spain

Regards to the flexibility of the staff. Even when things don't go as expected, they maintained a friendly and warm contact. Cheers!

Nice place. Stayed for one night in 10-beds dorm. Tram stop is just within 1-2 minutes walking distance. Staff was nice and friendly. The place was clean and calm, but maybe the mattress is too thin for me. 1-2 nights should be okay, but no longer. Otherwise, great basic hostel to stay!

Its was nice, but the locker´s padlock didn´t work.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

We had to pay for the linen and that was not clean. Our room smelled like if someone was smoking inside and the bathroom was not clean.

Stayed for one night only, the place was clean, beds were ok. It was surprisingly calm in a 10 bed dorm. Location is good (very close to the train station). But I wouldn't stay in a dorm for longer than one night. Otherwise, no complaints.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

A decent low budget hostel near the historical downtown area of Bremen. We stayed in a 10 bed dorm and slept like babies. For extra euros you can buy breakfast which was also quite sufficient for starting your day in Bremen. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Recommended!

It smells bad, like an ancient building that they've never cleaned it well, maybe because of the carpet. The reception is disorganized and the receptionists are not really pleasant, they look lazy and not really interested in answering you. Moreover, you have to ring a bell to get in the first time, and in my case I arrived befor 3pm and I had to wait outside in the street till they opened (and they did late). The kitchen is such a horrible place: disgusting.

• 28th Aug 2014