Southern Fried Rice Reviews

Kata Road 100/14-15, Phuket, Thailand

The owner Terje helped us book a day boat trip to Phi Phi without those typical booking fees and touristic prices: it was half as expensive for us, because Terje had a good contact and doesn't keep any provision :) He was also very nice regarding the fact that we arrived two days later due to illness: we didn't have to pay for those two days, just the hostelword booking fee. Thank you!

• 5th Jan 2016

Great place to stay. The room was big and so was the bed. Air con and wifi. Shared bathroom with only one other room. The staff were very helpful. The food is the restaurant was yummy and well priced. Overall a pleasant place to stay.

Laid back, chill atmosphere. The building is three stories, and Is set up like an apartment building. The bottom floor is a restaurant and has a pool table for free. This is the only common area so it is shared with anyone eating in the restaurant. We weren't sure if it was okay to bring in our own food/drinks since we didn't want to be rude. Continental breakfast of coffee/tea, fruit/juice, and toast! The owner and staff is very helpful and friendly! Clean rooms and A/C was great!

Nice place. Friendly staff and owner. Particularly chuffed they let us come and shower after we'd checked out, before our flight. Definitely not a place to meet new people, but a nice play to have a clean room, good showers, food, etc. Close to a nice beach. Also rents our scooters with no hassle.

The owner is awesome!! He helped us so much with setting up trips. He saved us money also! The staff is sweet and the place was very pleasant. I would stay here again. One note: be careful of the minivan drivers... They drop you off at the wrong locations on purpose and leave you purposely... Make sure you're at the right location before allowing the drivers to leave.

Nice place to get a private room. Rooms facing the street might be loud on party nights, not a problem when I was there. Close to the beach, which unfortunately has lots of trash in the water and on the shore. I don't see why people talk up the beaches in Thailand, yuck.

Great location! Lovely staff who gave me medicine when I got sick. Strong wifi, good air con, clean bathroom. Can't find a fault.

I think its the best place I stayed not only in Thailand. The owner Terje was superfriendly and helped us getting great deals for 1 day travel. The staff were super friendly and helped whenever asked about any details. The food was awesome and both the stay and food was good value for money. I would definitely recommend it for other travellers.

This place was really nice, the room we had was huge and had a balcony. The cleaners came round everyday which was great and the food downstairs in the restaurant was delicious. The owner was really friendly and helpful, and it any in bad location, only 5/10 minutes walk to the beach.

Absolutely fantastic- the only hostel I've taken the time to review. It was almost like a hotel. The room was clean and beautifully maintained, with huge windows and fresh linens. The complimentary breakfast was great, and there were beach mats, umbrellas, and a book exchange that made my time at the nearby beach great. The highlight, however, was the owner- he took time out of his day to make sure every guest was having a great time and had everything they needed. Highly recommended.

Such good value for money in a great location not far from the beach, shops and bars. The staff, especially the lovely Norwegian owner, couldn't do enough for us! The food was delicious and we never ventured anywhere else for our mealtimes!

I am traveling solo and stayed here a few nights. I was very happy to have my own nice and big room! The staff is very friendly, the food is good, and the beach is 5-7 minutes walking. There isn't a whole lot to do there if you don't have a scooter or another means of transportation. But it's good to relax!

Very helpful and hospitable staff with a great restaurant on site. Location is safe and fairly quiet, but away from the main attractions.