Southern Fried Rice Reviews

Kata Road 100/14-15, Phuket, Thailand

Don't let the name deter you. Southern Fried Rice is a restaurant with spacious guest rooms upstairs. Their food is delicious and vegetarian friendly. The staff were friendly and helpful; the owner, Terje, assisted us in finding places nearby and booking our tours. We had an early morning tour, and the staff pre-made food for us so we wouldn't miss breakfast. The location was perfect for us -- tucked quietly behind the main road, but walking distance to Kata and Karen Beaches.

Great, clean hostel in a nice area with friendly staff. The other travellers staying there seemed to be really boring but that could have just been my bad luck as there were some good socialising areas. I would stay there again!

The place was hard to find but once we did find it we could not have been happier. We were upgraded to a bigger room and it was the birthday of our Norwiegans hosts son so we were also treated to a free buffet dinner. Close to everything including the night market. I can't recommend this place enough. We had an amazing stay. Thank you for everything

• 25th Nov 2014

Very nice overall. There was a little issue in the bathroom but was then was timely resolved. The owner is very kind and helpful. If you want yo go to koh phi phi might not be the best in terms of proximity to the port but you can reach it in about 30mins. It has a nice beach at walking distance from the hotel.

Very close to the beach and clean , rooms huge

Very friendly staff and the owner is very accomodating. It feels like your home away from home. They have spacious rooms and the best part is, their food was superb.

Amazing Food and lovely people. Clean bedroom and perfect atmosphere. I really recommend this place. We slept and had dinner there; the food is just amazing!

I went on a three city vacation and my last stop here was great. The room was much larger than I expected, actually it was huge! And best of all, very affordable. There was also a large HD TV, aircond and kingsize bed. It's only a 5 minute walk to Kata beach. If you're hungry there's a kitchen with a full menu thai and western, it's also cheap and delicious! The owner is really down to earth and helped me out my last day to get a taxi and see some more stuff before my flight back to Korea.

The owner is very kind, but some of the travel advices were for older people and he really wanted us to stay which was a little bit too much...