Southern Fried Rice Reviews

Kata Road 100/14-15, Phuket, Thailand

Our stay at Southern Fried Rice was amazing! The staff were very accommodating and always happy to provide information on the area. They helped us to book several day trips at prices far below what you would find in the tourist shops or brochures. It was the low season, so it was relatively quiet in Kata Beach generally. But we were a five minute walk from the beach. The food at the Southern Fried Rice restaurant is the best. The prices can't be beat and it was always delicious. No complaints!

I've done a lot of travel around america,Asia and Europe. but this is the best hostel I've been so far. clean, big rooms like a 4 start hotel. nice food, best tours sold directly from the hostel owner. 5 min. walking distance from Kata and karon beaches.

• 24th May 2015

Everything about this place was fantastic. Great room, lovely hosts, perfect location. I recommend you stay at this place. Great value for money and the food at the restaurant was really good too, well worth a meal there on your stay!

Southern Fried Rice was perfect for our vacation. It's just a few minutes' walk from Kata Beach and Karon Beach, and has tons of dining options nearby and places to shop. The staff was very helpful and the food was delicious (get the pineapple pancake for breakfast). Our room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again!

Very good food and the most comfortable bed in Thailand! I had my first full night of sleep here. We had a standard double room which had ac, fan, bathroom with hot water. The room was also light and spacious. Despite being advertised as near a night club (in the directions) it was very peaceful, no problems with noise. The Norweigan owner Terje was very helpful. The beach IS genuinely a 7 minute walk. They provide beach towels and umbrella free to use. I would definitely stay here again.

The location is excellent. Close walk to the beach and many bars/ restaurants. It is also located on a nice quite street off the main road. You must try the food here, the Thai food is amazing. The owner and his family are very helpful and genuine nice people who care about the wellbeing of their guests. I would definitely stay here again

This hostel is a 10/10! Great stay, close walk to the beach, very clean. Lots of shops and lively-hood around and restaurants. The restaurant in the hostel is so authentic and delicious for a great price! Amazing service and the hostel owner has lived there for 15 years and he can help you with almost anything you want to see or do in Phuket.

• 7th Jan 2015