Southern Laughter Reviews

4 Isle St, Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

The free soup and different nightly activities were a great added bonus.

The best thing about Southern Laughter was probably the staff - the receptionist was very helpful and nice to us! Other highlights are all the jokes (written and visual) around the hostel and a great veg soup which is free!

It's fantastic that they offer soup after 6pm. That helped me to keep me going. Nice rooms. I love the humour in the rooms too. Only thing for me is that the kitchen was a bit messy. As not enough people keep it tidy.

Close to town and the skyline gondola. Staff friendly and helpful. relatively clean, although kitchens seem a little understocked with pots and pans. Great atmosphere.

• 7th Mar 2015

Would go back in a heartbeat! Excellent hostel! Great staff! Free soup every night. We stayed in the cottage where there was only one other bedroom. Had a livingroom, kitchen facilities, and table and chairs. Gorgeous little courtyard. Free use of hairdryers---yippee!! Free BBQ on Monday nights. Close to town but not too close. Just a 5 ***** place. Probably our #1 choice of the hostels we stayed at this trip! Oh......and affordable laundry facilities that are great!!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really helpful and friendly receptionists. Very noisy on a Saturday night due to inconsiderate guests - maybe some signs reminding people to be quiet might be helpful?

The location is perfect. Comfortable beds, reasonably quiet. Overall great place.

Great location! Free wifi and game/food night. Awesome atmosphere!

WE WERE HAPPY TO VISIT THE PLACE AND HOSTEL ., ENJOYED THE GRAFFITI AT THE HOSTEL . KITCHEN FACILITY IS VERY GOOD . SPA IS GOOD WE CUD NOT ENJOY EVENING SOUP OVER ALL WE SHALL LIKE VISIT AGAIN AND RECOMMEND TO OTHERS .

• 12th Feb 2015
  • India

The staff behind reception are so friendly and easy to get on with. They really helped us when we were stuck for accomadation. The 4 bed dorm we were in had it's own kitchen which was really handy. The hostel is really clean and has lots of all the facilities that you need. We have already booked our next stay here for in a couple of weeks time!

Good atmosphere, helpful staff.

The hostel is in a great location, very close to town but not in it so its a bit quieter. The wifi is free and unlimited and is pretty fast. The free soup each night is good. The ensuite in our dorm was cleaned each day but the shower wasn't great as it fluctuated between hot and cold (the shower by reception was amazing). There are two kitchens, both are well equipped and clean.

Great hostel with delicious soup!

• 12th Jan 2015

Very helpful and friendly staff in this ideally located, neat backpackers. Plenty of interesting people and fellow travellers, but not a silly party spot. I stayed in a twin room, which was tidy and central to all facilities, but small.

Staff we're really helpful at organising activities for us In Queenstown, the room was great we had a mini kitchen and shared bathroom, always being cleaned by staff, plenty of parking space and we got free popcorn and soup- very close to main streets - great hostel

Of all the hostels I've ever stayed in, Southern Laughter is absolutely my favorite. Nothing but fantastic experiences there, probably due to it's stunning location and friendly atmosphere. The free soup at dinner is the bomb.

Great, friendly staff. They helped us arrange everything. Really fun place to meet other travelers. Set up is weird as rooms are all over the property. Also, Wifi only worked in common areas and not our room. But that's the only complaint. Definitely go here if you are younger and looking to meet travelers easily.

Only problem was with making follow-up reservations; first, these were incorrectly booked into the system. And second, when I raised the issue and was assured I would not be mistakenly charged, I was mistakenly charged. I then had to contest the payment with my credit card company and then again with the hostel.It was annoying that I had to go through all of this after speaking with two staff members explicitly about it at the hostel itself...

Lovely staff (lots of English, therefore probably biased). Room was ok - own fridge and kettle. En suite could gave been cleaner, as could communal areas... Great location though.

Great stay at a very cosy hostel with good facilities. Nice communal place. Our 8 share had its own kitchen and bathroom which was very convenient. Would definitely recommend!