Southern Laughter Reviews

4 Isle St, Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

really cool hostel, the friendliest staff, close to everything you need to get to and a free bowl of yummy soup every night. pretty good deal!! :)

Great atmosphere. Really enjoyed my stay here.

The hostel is a very lively place with a nice atmosphere, very well located, full of young Europeans to enjoy more the real atmosphere of Queenstown. The most I appreciated excellent staff which was very helpful to me when I needed any help whatsoever. The kitchens were neat, the bathrooms might have been cleaner but good enough to choose the hostel again the next time. Zita (Czech republic)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very friendly and happy staff. Love the free popcorn.

Was very nice there. A quite good average hostel!

• 10th Mar 2014

We had a great stay there and everyone was very friendly including the guests. It was a little loud in the middle of the night when guest would return from the pubs but other than that a good stay. would stay there again

• 26th Feb 2014

Good location, helpful staff, I would stay here again.

Close to town centre. Good price.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Great location, walking distance to everything in Queenstown. Staff is helpful in planning trips/excursions. The private room was very small and very hot. Expensive, but every hostel is that way. Overall, the reason I would recommend it is because of the great location.

A great location, less than 5 min walk to the centre of town. I loved the break-out spaces with kitchenette for every two rooms :) Very social, great staff. Free soup was great in the evening after a day of activities. My favourite hostel in six months of travelling.

lots of nice spacious kitchens!

This place was wonderful. I was staying here as a base before and after the Routeburn Track hike. It was perfect for this. Laundry facility and storage lockers while I was away on the hike. I met some really great people here and wish I could have stayed longer. I gave it a lower rating on security because there wasn't really any. We had locks for our doors but we often left it unlocked because we felt our things were safe. There are no lockers in the rooms. Wi-fi could be better. You get 1 hr

Pleasant, helpful staff and good location to enjoy Queenstown. A pieceful and clean, well-run place...except for a few guests! Great place to relax and have fun, lots of good humour around the place. Close to the centre of town, we were busy while we were in Queenstown so this place was perfect. Would recommend.

We stayed 3 times at Southern Laughter because it has a great atmosphere! There is free soup every day, which is very nice. It has the best hostelbeds ever! Good pillows, good matressess and good blankets. The staff is helpfull and you can leave your luggage overthere for free when you are on a hikingtrip for a few days.

very lovely hostels with puns and jokes on the wall. nice place. if only there;s free wifi it'll be perfect.

More airflow Cleaner toilets Hand wash and paper hand towels in the toilets Better options when people's items are stolen

• 29th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Bathrooms needed a much better clean, was meant to pay only $63 when arrived but was charged $70 when got there.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

I really liked the free vegetarian soup and the free popcorn. I also liked that you have your own kitchen and fridge in your room.

One of the worst hostels I've stayed in NZ (or any other part of the world for that matter). The only good thing about it was the location. During the 3 days I stayed there the bathroom and toilet wasn't cleaned even once! The mattress, pillow and duvet were old and stained. The bed was so squeaky that it was impossible to move without waking someone up. The walls are really thin and so lots of VERY loud talking and music in your room till very late. Luckily I had earplugs. NEVER AGAIN.

Lovely staff, clean and welcoming rooms (except for the room upstairs where you can hear EVERYTHING from the bathroom next door…). Kitchen was clean, great lounge space, nice gardens. Overall I'm very happy with my stay:)