Southern Laughter Reviews

4 Isle St, Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

Very good location in queenstown and great value for money,very clean and good atmosphere,the girls Rachel and keiglea were very nice and helpfull,if I visit queenstown again I will stay again Cheers Danny (Ireland)

• 4th Jul 2014

Great hostel, having small kitchen and sitting area in the room was awesome.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Though we signed up for a 4 bed room, we were unaware that we'd be sharing a toilet with another large room. The toilet and the shower were in the same room, so it was difficult to find a time when the toilet was free, especially during high traffic times. The room itself wasn't bad but the common area wasn't clean. While I recognize this is not necessarily the hostel's fault, it was very off-putting. Not the worst, but not the best hostel in QT. Also had someone enter our LOCKED room at 2am.

We apologize that the room wasn't completely satisfactory for you, The room is listed on hostelworld as a four bed dorm with shared bathroom, and the unit you where in is only sharing with another four bed room, other bathrooms are available around the hostel for your use when the one in your unit is occupied. As for someone entering your room, it was an unfortunate misunderstanding with another guest and the situation was explained to you when you spoke to us the next morning. happy travels.

loved all the extra amenities, free popcorn, tea, coffee and soup. The spa was great too, the staff is very friendly and super helpful

• 27th Jun 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location and I liked the way in which the rooms were set up with a kitchen and lounge for each room.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed in a double room with windows that looked into a hallway, so had to keep blinds closed at all times for privacy. Kitchen was big enough, and clean, but bathrooms were disgusting (mostly due to male hostel residents, but one shower was actually in need of repair). Good location two blocks from main street. Off road free parking, hot tub, and free soup and wifi were all appreciated. Residents were loud at night. Door to building stayed unlocked and just a button doorknob lock to room.

Booked myself in for 2nights so I could get the feel of the area and see where I wanted to stay. In the end I have booked myself in for another to weeks and would like to stay here till the end of my trip. It's a awesome place to stay! Staff are so helpful and lovely. It's off the high street so you don't get street noise. But you will be in town in 3mins! The soup is beautiful and the hot tub is amazing on a cold evening and the other guest are fantastic too. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else

Our double bedroom was small but for the price it was still good value for money. The shared kitchen area with another room of 3 was very basic with the cooker not working properly and a TV from the 80s but, again, you get what you pay for! The main annoyance was the WIFI which we we couldn't connect to in our room. Had to go to the communal areas to get online and even then it was painfully slow.

Great staff, free WiFi, free soup, free hot tub. Can't ask for much more than that.

I stayed in a 4 bed room and I was impressed to have a kitchen in the room as well as lots of space. Would be a good place to get a group of 4 to share. If you want free internet access don't try the wifi here though, go for a walk to one of the tourist places down the road.

First off, I booked a 4-bed female dorm and ended up with 2 male roommates, so they definitely screwed up that one. The hostel was old. Our room smelled, and one guy seemed like he had been there for at least a week. The shower did not drain well and the roof above leaked. It seemed like the place was hanging on my a thread. They also said there were lockers, but I never saw any.

really cool hostel, the friendliest staff, close to everything you need to get to and a free bowl of yummy soup every night. pretty good deal!! :)

Nice hostel, close the the centre. Lots of people around and has a really nice feel. Hot tub there, but difficult to find time when it's empty!

Great atmosphere. Really enjoyed my stay here.

The hostel is a very lively place with a nice atmosphere, very well located, full of young Europeans to enjoy more the real atmosphere of Queenstown. The most I appreciated excellent staff which was very helpful to me when I needed any help whatsoever. The kitchens were neat, the bathrooms might have been cleaner but good enough to choose the hostel again the next time. Zita (Czech republic)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very friendly and happy staff. Love the free popcorn.

Was very nice there. A quite good average hostel!

• 10th Mar 2014

We had a great stay there and everyone was very friendly including the guests. It was a little loud in the middle of the night when guest would return from the pubs but other than that a good stay. would stay there again

• 26th Feb 2014

Good location, helpful staff, I would stay here again.

Close to town centre. Good price.