Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

I would stay there again and would tell people to stay there.

Good: the location is awesome and hotel has good facilities. The rooms are very nice. Bad: Staff don't know how to work in hospitality, unfriendly and not helpful. Bathroom setup is weird. You could go to another place for this price. I've stayed at Miami Hotel and Claremont guesthouse, staff was much nicer and prices were better for similar stay (yet better service).

The hot tub is awesome.

Definitely one of the best "large" hostels I've ever stayed in. It is very centrally located in Melbourne and offers lots of opportunities that might even prevent you from exploring the city such as the beautiful rooftop terrace with jacuzzi or the large and well-equipped kitchen where you can cook your own meal instead of having to eat out every day in pricey Melbourne. Only point of criticism: wifi could be free at least for those who pay the add-on for a private room.

It was a great place to stay, location was central, quiet at night time, nice bar, our room was nice and the kitchen was nice and big. The only criticism I could make would be the bathrooms. Although there were plenty of them, they were not always that well kept. Clean,yes but the layout of them doesn't do any justice as 90% of the time the floors were covered in water.If there was a shower tray or at least a step or guard blocking the shower floor to the rest of the bathroom it would be great.

Nice rooms but in my room the air condition was too cold. Had to sleep in a jogger. Big kitchen with good stuff for cooking. Really nice rooftop to relax and hang around in the yakuzi. 10 minutes walk to the Federation square and art museeum. Staff was ok.

I'd definitely stay here again. Big hostel, nice clean facilities, great location for walking around downtown. We really enjoyed the night-time view from the rooftop hot tub.

The staff at the reception was not verry good trained and not helpful as possible (e.g. information re. public transport, shops, train to the airport). At the reception there should be at least one person familiar with the local infrastructure. Someone has stolen a milk out of a bag labeled with my name in the fridge. The staff didn't care. The gym was not opened at 7:00 as stated according to the opening hours. It was still close at 7:30.

• 21st Feb 2014

Very clean and modern hostel. I had a single room which was more hotel than hostel. The toilets and showers are within the same cubicle and sometimes in the morning it was hard to access. Wii Fii was a bit of a rip off but overall the place was ultra clean with secure entry. I wasn't disturbed at all by noise during my stay.

Really good place to stay cheap clean staff all very good. Bar nice and clean and the pizza is wicked and really a really good price. Toilets and showers very clean stayed there 3 nights and they were spotless dorms were clean big locker for your backpack or case just remember a padlock if your in Melbourne give it a go

I stayed at Space for nearly 3 weeks and loved the place. The whole place is very clean, the dorms and bathrooms are modern and comfortable. The location is awesome, in the north of the CBD so can walk everywhere. The jacuzzi on the roof is an added bonus with a nice view over the city. Facilities are all excellent and the bar/restaurant downstairs always has good deals on food and drink. Only downside is you can't BYO drinks so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place.

Overall, Space Hotel is very central and economical for my needs. As the hotel is fairly new, there is a fresh feel about the place that makes staying there comfortable.

I really like this hostel and this was my second time staying. My only issue is that it wasn't as peaceful the second time round. It's supposed to be a dry hostel yet a lot of people were visibly drinking on the roof terrace and in the kitchen this in turn led to the hostel not being as quiet to sleep in during the night which was a shame

The staff here and very friendly and helpful. We received a complimentary upgrade to and ensuite room upon arrival which only further improved our stay. Rooms and clean and pleasant and the hotel is situated in an ideal location. Great for backpackers and visitors to melbourne alike.

As a lone female traveller I spent a lot of time looking for hostels in Melbourne

• 3rd Feb 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Space Hotel. Rooms were good, great location. Only fallback were bathrooms and wifi (stayed on hostel world that it's free- it's not) which was inconvenient as I was with a foreign friend who couldn't contact family unless we visited somewhere else in the city with free wifi. Bathrooms were alright, sometimes untidy- people not flushing toilets- flooding from shower- and I was walked in on and I walked in on someone, very awkward. But I would stay there again :-)

• 1st Feb 2014

Terrible hostel I've ever seen.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great location and faciliteit. Feels like a real hotel instead of an hostel. However as the different common 'spaces' are scattered, it is a bit difficult to meet people.

The rooms are the best rooms I've found in Australian hostels. The kitchen was huge and good for cooking. Caught one person consistently stealing every day from the fridges. Drinking a cup of milk. every day taking from someone elses cooler bag. Then the next day I see him wearing staff clothing. The shower/toilet rooms are good, but after you've had a shower the whole place is soaked.

Nice, clean and very luxe hostel. You have your own personal closet, outlet and light. You can locked the closet but then you must bring your own lock! In the kitchen you have also free lockers, you can lock it with your roomcard! Also very clean kitchen. Very nice! Little bit expensive but you get were you pay for :-)

• 21st Jan 2014