Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

Best hostel ive ever stayed at!! Honestly not to be missed!!

Due to a convention in Melbourne that weekend Space (along with every other accommodation place in town) massively increased their room rates to profiteer the extra demand. $150 for a bunk bed in a 6 bed dorm is not good value. Their normal rates provide a cost-effective option with modern and clean facilties.

• 18th Oct 2014

Hotel quality stay at a hostel price. Fantastic facilities including gym and large movie room. Great deck on the roof with lounge chairs and a whirlpool. Excellent front desk staff. Great location near the main sights and the Victoria market. Would recommend to any traveler looking for a full service hostel that's spotlessly clean. Only complaint was the poor soundproofing so bring earplugs.

The space was great- very clean and you could tell the hotel tried to create lots of spaces for hanging out. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice!

• 9th Oct 2014

Best hostel in Melbourne!! Super clean and location is brilliant!

Location was amazing, room was great but was greeted by a rude girl on the front desk who barely looked up during my check in.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Absolutely unbelievable! Best hostel I've ever stayed in! We booked for 3 days and ended up staying 10. The bar, Cinema room, Gym, and kitchen were all excellent, but the piece de resistance was most definitely the roof top! We spent a lot of time in the hot tub or sunbathing on the loungers with an amazing view of the city! All the staff are so helpful and really go out of their way to make your day! We will most certainly be back! Thank you for an amazing stay SPACE! Katie

• 19th Sep 2014

This hostel was the best! It had been recommended to me by a friend; I was not disappointed. Exceptionally clean, big kitchen with lots of fridges and cooking space, several individual washrooms per floor, and the location is very central to attractions or trams. I hope to visit Melbourne again one day and when I do Space is where I will stay for sure.

in general don't feel that the front desk's staff are as welcoming as other hostels i've stayed in. just not as hospitable as i hope they would be. toilets with showers are flooded cuz of how it was built. and configuration of the whole space does not allow single travellers like me or whoever who wants to know more people. eventually chose to move out as i didnt really enjoy my stay.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at worldwide. A big hostel with advantages like a rooftop deck and spa, bar etc, but disadvantages being not really having a personal experience, and it is not 18+ so some teens were on our level which I'm not used to in hostels. But for what we needed it was excellent and would reccommend

the cleanest hostel i've ever been in Melbourne. great facilities.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

When you pay for a hostel you expect a bed and a place to store your stuff. This was much more than that. It was a well oiled machine and I was very impressed by the extras of the hostel that I was not expecting. It was the best hostel I've stayed at so kudos to you guys. The atmosphere was a little wanting. I could have been nice to have organised events so that new people could meet other people. Like a movie night or a cooking activity in the kitchen.

• 5th Aug 2014

Overall I thought the hotel was good value for money and it was in a very central location only a short walk from a lot of city centre attractions. My only complaint would be the bathrooms which were clean but not very nice.

• 5th Aug 2014

Comfortable beds

Nice environment, though the pillow is rather thin. Like the fact that the hostel has private toilets as well as individual bed-side lamps for reading at night. Cost for washing & drying is CRAZILY expensive.

The perfect accommodation for single or group travelers.

Best hostel ever. Very very clean. Nice layout and there is a gym! The bathrooms are nice and clean at all times and the rooms are spacious. Best part is how each bed has a shelf with plugs and a light, so good!

• 17th Jul 2014

Getting the bad out of the way first, the staff failed to deliver an important message to me left by my tour group. If I were not the type to call the day before no matter what, I would have been in big trouble. That major snafu aside, this hostel is terrific with one exception. Clean bathrooms, comfy beds with well furnished rooms, terrific common spaces. There is however a distinct howl of the wind on the upper floors due to the shape of the building. With heavy wind, this howl is very loud.

I did not like how the staff did not clean/change the main blankets that are used in the bed. The bathrooms for the most part get cleaned but they can get really messy as well with a bad odour. Maybe have an easier paper towel roll on the table in the kitchen. It's impossible to tear off a piece. Other than that, the location is great, staff are friendly and the facilities are nice to hang around in.

• 6th Jul 2014

Clean place, good location however very sterile atmosphere. Quite dull and some staff were just plain rude and apathetic!