Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

Remote control didnt work problems with alarm clock hairs all over brown blanket on top everything else was ok Room service man was really friendly and tried his best for me dinner staff in cafe kept being on his mobile phone instead of serving hot water wasnt very hot Liked the set up of the room for a back packers

• 20th Jul 2015

Will be perfect with free wifi

Great location. The facilities and the staff were great. Awesome view of melnourne on the roof deck. But The dorms were quite small for 4 people and no free wifi. Great value for the money though.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Haiti

You have to walk a bit but the location is not that far from city center

• 8th Jul 2015

It is generally good. Most of the staffs were excellent but one of the staff, a black guy, in the reception counter was quite mean and impolite. Besides, no free wifi is not good.

I loved the 24 hour reception. The person greeting us told us about winter night markets and pointed it out on a map of Melbourne. The location is good because it's quiet but not too far away from the main CBD and close to the queen Victoria markets. Plus the free team is right down the street. I liked the shared "private" style bathrooms, but I'm not sure they clean them as often as they say they do. Definitely worth paying a tad more than cheap, dirty places you can find in Melbourne.

Overall, it feels like a commercial hotel. The human touch is not there, though the counter service was basic. It does not feels like a home away from home. I do not get the home feeling that i get from other hostels i have stayed. And there is a need to pay for wifi, which was disappointing when many hostels are providing free wifi. It serves tourists (those who just wants a room), but not travellers who wants to experience the culture of Melbourne and meet people.

This is a good hostel.

Excellent services, great and friendly staff, great building, great location, very recommendable place!!!

I stayed in the off-peak season so the hostel seemed quite empty and was fine for me, but if it were full, I could imagine that it would become quite busy making it less attractive for single travelers/small groups.

Best hostel ever. Very clean room, toilet and kitchen. Love the rooftop.

Excellent facilities, nice central location. Bar was a great place to meet people, cheap drinks and food, bar staff were really friendly. Always something happening in the bar each night

Overall, a very good experience.

A very nice hostel. If you're looking for privacy then this is great! Huge lockers, 4 plug sockets per person with some inside the lockers, a personal bedside light which you can dim too, and no communal showers or toilets! However wifi is very expensive. One of the best hostels we've stayed.

Stunning place to stay, great location and defiantly more a hotel than a hostel. Only downside is the wifi you pay for is shocking, worst wifi on my travels so far. Would stay again.

Free wifi would be good.

• 9th May 2015

Very comfortable and clean!

The best hostel, I've been in!!!

Great space, will definitely use again.

• 18th Apr 2015

Most of the staff were poor, like they didn't care and were grumpy most of the time. Wifi is a joke you have to pay and it still doesn't work once you've paid. My iPod and my mates bag got nicked and we told the hostel and they didn't look on the cameras or anything because I thought it might have been a cleaner. They didn't care. Rooms are nice and cool cinema room but that's about it. I probably wouldn't come back here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3