Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

This has to be the best hostel I've ever been at. It was like being in a qualityy hotel other than being in a dorm which was totally my choice.The staff was very knowledgable about a variety of subjects (which I think I put to the test) and more than willing to help with anything I threw at them. The atmosphere was very welcoming by everyone from staff to guests and the location couldn't have been more convenient. Now if they would just open more of these around the world, I'd be tickled pink.

• 14th Apr 2015

Also stayed at United. This was a much more enjoyable stay. Book early bc of surge pricing. Great place

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit, we do work on a dynamic pricing system so booking further in advance does allow you to take advantage of cheaper rates. Regards Space Hotel Team

Cross between a hotel and a hostel. Really nice private rooms and a great central location. Kitchen is a bit bizarre as you have to rent your utensils (?!) but it's refundable. Not a bad place. No free wifi.

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. It is great to read that you enjoyed our central location, good luck on your future travels and we hope to welcome you back to Space Hotel for another memorable visit. Regards Space Hotel Team

I have one principal complaint that must be sorted I booked in March 5 night Easter stay for a nominal 1st night on line payment with the on line booking system and confirmed by phone immediately after. At no stage was it indicated that additional Easter Levy would be applied to my charge.The female member of the reception staff on having debited my by VISA Card for the 5 nights refused to issue the bill till the end on my stay so not disclosing the multiple bunkroom berth £68 charge

Hello and thank you for your feedback, I have looked at your reservation and you had a remaining balance owing of $262.24, that you paid on arrival, this is the same amount that you will find on your confirmation details from HostelWorld, There were no additional charges charged to your card,if you have any further queries regarding your booking please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you. Kind Regards Space Hotel Team

This hostel is more like a hotel, but with hostel prices. The staff at reception were really helpful and friendly. Free drink token at check in is a nice touch. Rooms were great, comfortable and spacious enough with nice big lockers and bedside light/power outlet/shelf. Cinema room is such a good idea! Kitchen lockers great too for safe storage of your stuff. Plenty fridge space for everyone and all very clean. Never waited for a bathroom. Always hot water and clean towels. Loved it!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The staff love to hear our guests have enjoyed their time with us and the facilities we have available. We have a great team here and we certainly love what we do. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to them. We look forward to seeing you again.

best backpackers in Melbourne! amazing facilities. free cinema 24/7! the rooms are big and spacious clean sturdy beds. staff were great let me check in early only wish the meeting room was open to meet people. definitely stay there every time in Melbourne.

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit. Good luck on your future travels. Regards Space Hotel Team

Best Hostel I've stayed in since I arrived in Australia, excellent facilities and cleanliness. Would definitely have extended my stay had it not been for the price.

• 16th Mar 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, Space Hotel much like most Hotels and airlines, work on dynamic pricing. The prices change based on availability and demand in the future I would suggest booking further in advance, allowing yourself to take advantage of cheaper rates. Regards Space Hotel Team

Rooms and hostel were very nice, clean modern and everything I wanted. The staff at reception however, while helpful, we're not well informed. They gave me incorrect directions to where I wanted to go, and completely forgot about a much closer tram station that I only found on my last day. Wifi was also patchy.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback,your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and our facilities are truly appreciated. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the incorrect directions provided. Good luck on your future travels and we hope to welcome you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback so glad to here you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel in the future.

Helpful staff, amazingly sized kitchen and good bathrooms. The atmosphere was completely dead, and due to the marketing of it being a 'hotel' it attracted families and groups of older people - not that there's anything wrong with that, just something that we found affected us more than we wanted (social stuff). I'd strongly recommend adding daily social activities as every other Australian hostel did them and they were great for interaction.

Thank you for your review we are very proud of the facilities we are able to offer our guests and are happy hear you made good use of the facilities during your stay with us. We have taken on board the feedback received regarding the social activities available within the Hotel and we are actively looking for new ways to keep our guests entertained during their stay

Didn't get a towel during My last stay, , had to use My own, which then was wet during travel. I should have asked for a towel, but didn't so It's My Fault as well.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you fro taking the time to review your stay with us here at Space Hotel. Please note for any future stays here at Space Hotel fresh towels are available at our reception desk which is open 24 hours a day.

Space was our first experience in a hostel! The showers were always clean although the draining of the water isn't great and the dorm was clean too. Really good sized lockers and shelves by the beds. Kitchen was a great size and place to meet people!! The moon bar that's attached to the hostel is cool as well. Secure as you have key cards for the specific rooms! Only 10 mins walk to the centre. Would definitely recommend staying at Space even if it is a bit on the expensive side!

• 7th Mar 2015

Guys was wonderful experience to stay in this hostel. I liked the staff, very nice and friendly! The location is just...perfect!!! My room was with great view! Really was great time to stay in Space Hotel!!!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

A Brilliant Hostel, Great staff, facilities, awesome atmosphere! would definately stay here again and again :)

Cleanest hostel I've been to but first one I've been to in Australia so hard to compare.

More like a hotel than a hostel; comfy beds and amazing facilites - cinema is actually a mini-cinema and not just a bean bag and an old tv as I expected based on some previous hostels. Cleanliness was good, I moved rooms from the fifth to the first floor and with so many more people on the first floor some of the bathrooms were less than great but that mostly down to guests being messy rather than the staff!! Staff were v helpful and booked a great tour to Phillip Island from their travel guy :)

Great facilities. I stayed in female dorm. Plenty of sockets to charge phone

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at (although I've never stayed at a hostel in Australia before). It felt very much like a hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Wasn't impressed by the fact that you have to pay for wifi, although this seems to be the norm in Aus. I would stay here again.

Thank you fro taking the time to leave us your feedback. Our dedicated housekeeping team work very hard to ensure the building is kept clean at all times and always love to hear positive feedback so I will be sure to relay your review to them. Whilst we do not offer free Wi-Fi in the hotel our friendly staff are on hand 24 hours a day to direct you to several free Wi-Fi spots available throughout the city, for any future stays please ask at reception.

It has a different feel to it as it isn't a default hostel. Is slightly overpriced compared to hostels but you get some excellent facilities! Staff are very good and knowledgable and they have discounts on attractions around Melbourne. Second time I have stayed there. This time I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, very clean; the whole hostel is cleaned several times a day. Would recommend highly, just be wary of the price.

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit. Please be aware that Space Hotel much like most Hotels and airlines, work on dynamic pricing. The prices change based on availability and demand in the future I would suggest booking further in advance, allowing yourself to take advantage of cheaper rates.

The room was very small and had not enough space for 6 backpacks or suitcases (6beds) and the cleanliness of the bathrooms was not as expected for the price I paid. There were not many free activities to compensate the price. I even had to give a deposit for cutlery but there were not enough lockers to store them, so you have to take them into your small room. And the cutlery was not cleaned properly when I got it. All in all too expensive for shared facilities.

Thank you for your detailed review constructive comments like yours help us to tighten up the services we provide and to ensure we continue to deliver a quality experience to all guests. Our communal bathrooms are cleaned at least 5 times a day; we appreciate at peak times they can get messy. For any future stays here at space hotel please be aware our housekeeping team are available 24 hours a day and additional cleaning can be requested at reception.

« first « Prev 1 2 3