Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

Cleanest hostel I've been to but first one I've been to in Australia so hard to compare.

More like a hotel than a hostel; comfy beds and amazing facilites - cinema is actually a mini-cinema and not just a bean bag and an old tv as I expected based on some previous hostels. Cleanliness was good, I moved rooms from the fifth to the first floor and with so many more people on the first floor some of the bathrooms were less than great but that mostly down to guests being messy rather than the staff!! Staff were v helpful and booked a great tour to Phillip Island from their travel guy :)

Great facilities. I stayed in female dorm. Plenty of sockets to charge phone

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at (although I've never stayed at a hostel in Australia before). It felt very much like a hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Wasn't impressed by the fact that you have to pay for wifi, although this seems to be the norm in Aus. I would stay here again.

It has a different feel to it as it isn't a default hostel. Is slightly overpriced compared to hostels but you get some excellent facilities! Staff are very good and knowledgable and they have discounts on attractions around Melbourne. Second time I have stayed there. This time I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, very clean; the whole hostel is cleaned several times a day. Would recommend highly, just be wary of the price.

The room was very small and had not enough space for 6 backpacks or suitcases (6beds) and the cleanliness of the bathrooms was not as expected for the price I paid. There were not many free activities to compensate the price. I even had to give a deposit for cutlery but there were not enough lockers to store them, so you have to take them into your small room. And the cutlery was not cleaned properly when I got it. All in all too expensive for shared facilities.

Loved the secure luggage room. More activities would be really nice

Nice Hostel near the center of Melbourne. Everything was clean, good kitchen. Friendly stuff and a nice sunroof with a good view.

Greatly enjoyed my stay here. Only complaint would be the value for money; hostel was more expensive than I had paid anywhere else and you had to pay 5AUD for 24 hours of internet. That said, this seemed to be standard for Melbourne.

I really enjoyed my stay at the space hotel, It is by far the best hostel I have stayed in different offers excellent value for money ! This is the 2nd time I have stayed here for the duration of the Australian open and I am likely to stay again !

It's one of the best and cleaniest hostels I've ever been to!

Fridge space in kitchen very limited, kitChen lockers not enough, toilets to few on each have floor. Remember you are catering for possibly two to three hundred guests , other than that I was very impressed with the standard and quality

• 11th Jan 2015

Good facilities and location. The bar was fairly lively on the weekend which was good, and I like that it has a pool table. Annoying that you need your room key to get in and out of the bathrooms. Overall a good stay, and I would stay again.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a pleasant stay and staff has been helpful. Love to stay in Melbourne for longer next time.

• 6th Jan 2015

Loved this place, it was clean with great facilities and friendly staff!!

Excellent hostel - just like a top class hotel except that rooms are shared. Gym, bar and kitchen are all great. Great atmosphere and very clean. Friendly and helpful staff 24/7. Thank you very much!

We stayed in a private room on New Year's Eve. It was fine. The room was clean and modern...basic but what you'd expect for the price. The bathrooms were OK too, although people were leaving their used towels all over the place. Overall it is good.

It would have been nice to enjoy more the pool but was shut most of the time de were there. But the peolpe and the atmosphere in the hostel was great. An awesome news year!!!

I had booked an 8 bed mixed dorm and upon arrival I was told that I had been upgraded to a 6 bed mixed dorm. I was the only girl in the room the other 5 occupants were male. It would have been good to have known this at the point of check-in not after check-in when I got upstairs to the room.

A cross between hotel and hostel, you wont find better facilities for that price probably anywhere in australia let alone melbourne cbd, only critisism is you have to pay for wifi and even when u do pay for it 5dollars for 24hours or 20dollars for a week, its not a day or week you get its a small amount of data, so dont get it if u want to skype or watch videos,but dont let that deter you its still an amazing place to stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3