Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at worldwide. A big hostel with advantages like a rooftop deck and spa, bar etc, but disadvantages being not really having a personal experience, and it is not 18+ so some teens were on our level which I'm not used to in hostels. But for what we needed it was excellent and would reccommend

the cleanest hostel i've ever been in Melbourne. great facilities.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

When you pay for a hostel you expect a bed and a place to store your stuff. This was much more than that. It was a well oiled machine and I was very impressed by the extras of the hostel that I was not expecting. It was the best hostel I've stayed at so kudos to you guys. The atmosphere was a little wanting. I could have been nice to have organised events so that new people could meet other people. Like a movie night or a cooking activity in the kitchen.

• 5th Aug 2014

Overall I thought the hotel was good value for money and it was in a very central location only a short walk from a lot of city centre attractions. My only complaint would be the bathrooms which were clean but not very nice.

• 5th Aug 2014

Comfortable beds

Nice environment, though the pillow is rather thin. Like the fact that the hostel has private toilets as well as individual bed-side lamps for reading at night. Cost for washing & drying is CRAZILY expensive.

The perfect accommodation for single or group travelers.

Best hostel ever. Very very clean. Nice layout and there is a gym! The bathrooms are nice and clean at all times and the rooms are spacious. Best part is how each bed has a shelf with plugs and a light, so good!

• 17th Jul 2014

Getting the bad out of the way first, the staff failed to deliver an important message to me left by my tour group. If I were not the type to call the day before no matter what, I would have been in big trouble. That major snafu aside, this hostel is terrific with one exception. Clean bathrooms, comfy beds with well furnished rooms, terrific common spaces. There is however a distinct howl of the wind on the upper floors due to the shape of the building. With heavy wind, this howl is very loud.

I did not like how the staff did not clean/change the main blankets that are used in the bed. The bathrooms for the most part get cleaned but they can get really messy as well with a bad odour. Maybe have an easier paper towel roll on the table in the kitchen. It's impossible to tear off a piece. Other than that, the location is great, staff are friendly and the facilities are nice to hang around in.

• 6th Jul 2014

Clean place, good location however very sterile atmosphere. Quite dull and some staff were just plain rude and apathetic!

great location - a short walk between lygon st and the cbd. good value for money.will be going back next time we're in Melbourne

The best hostel I've ever been. Really clean, great lounge room, terrace with an amazing view and a jacuzzi, nice workout area, big kitchen with space for storage. The only thing that wasn't good was the ridiculous price that they charge for the internet. 24h or 600MB 10 dollars or 1 week and 4Gb for 40 dollars. That's too much!

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait to serve you again in the future!!!!Internet in Australia is highly competitive and overly priced. At Space Hotel, having the convenience of internet access without the hassles of contracts, is easy. Our prices are reasonable and affordable. Ask any of our friendly reception team and they will help you with access.

I would stay there again and would tell people to stay there.