Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

Overall, a very good experience.

A very nice hostel. If you're looking for privacy then this is great! Huge lockers, 4 plug sockets per person with some inside the lockers, a personal bedside light which you can dim too, and no communal showers or toilets! However wifi is very expensive. One of the best hostels we've stayed.

Stunning place to stay, great location and defiantly more a hotel than a hostel. Only downside is the wifi you pay for is shocking, worst wifi on my travels so far. Would stay again.

Free wifi would be good.

• 9th May 2015

Very comfortable and clean!

The best hostel, I've been in!!!

Great space, will definitely use again.

• 18th Apr 2015

Most of the staff were poor, like they didn't care and were grumpy most of the time. Wifi is a joke you have to pay and it still doesn't work once you've paid. My iPod and my mates bag got nicked and we told the hostel and they didn't look on the cameras or anything because I thought it might have been a cleaner. They didn't care. Rooms are nice and cool cinema room but that's about it. I probably wouldn't come back here.

This has to be the best hostel I've ever been at. It was like being in a qualityy hotel other than being in a dorm which was totally my choice.The staff was very knowledgable about a variety of subjects (which I think I put to the test) and more than willing to help with anything I threw at them. The atmosphere was very welcoming by everyone from staff to guests and the location couldn't have been more convenient. Now if they would just open more of these around the world, I'd be tickled pink.

• 14th Apr 2015

This place feels way more like a hotel than a hostel. You have to pay a deposit to get a plate and cutlery, lots of big groups, no athmosphere. Not for you when you are looking for a home away from home and hope to meet new people. That said; spotless bathrooms, good beds, lockers with powerpoint for everyone.

It was clean and safe. It was kind of annoying having to walk up and down several flights of stairs to have to use the fridge in the kitchen.

Also stayed at United. This was a much more enjoyable stay. Book early bc of surge pricing. Great place

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit, we do work on a dynamic pricing system so booking further in advance does allow you to take advantage of cheaper rates. Regards Space Hotel Team

Cross between a hotel and a hostel. Really nice private rooms and a great central location. Kitchen is a bit bizarre as you have to rent your utensils (?!) but it's refundable. Not a bad place. No free wifi.

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. It is great to read that you enjoyed our central location, good luck on your future travels and we hope to welcome you back to Space Hotel for another memorable visit. Regards Space Hotel Team

I have one principal complaint that must be sorted I booked in March 5 night Easter stay for a nominal 1st night on line payment with the on line booking system and confirmed by phone immediately after. At no stage was it indicated that additional Easter Levy would be applied to my charge.The female member of the reception staff on having debited my by VISA Card for the 5 nights refused to issue the bill till the end on my stay so not disclosing the multiple bunkroom berth £68 charge

Hello and thank you for your feedback, I have looked at your reservation and you had a remaining balance owing of $262.24, that you paid on arrival, this is the same amount that you will find on your confirmation details from HostelWorld, There were no additional charges charged to your card,if you have any further queries regarding your booking please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you. Kind Regards Space Hotel Team

This hostel is more like a hotel, but with hostel prices. The staff at reception were really helpful and friendly. Free drink token at check in is a nice touch. Rooms were great, comfortable and spacious enough with nice big lockers and bedside light/power outlet/shelf. Cinema room is such a good idea! Kitchen lockers great too for safe storage of your stuff. Plenty fridge space for everyone and all very clean. Never waited for a bathroom. Always hot water and clean towels. Loved it!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The staff love to hear our guests have enjoyed their time with us and the facilities we have available. We have a great team here and we certainly love what we do. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to them. We look forward to seeing you again.

best backpackers in Melbourne! amazing facilities. free cinema 24/7! the rooms are big and spacious clean sturdy beds. staff were great let me check in early only wish the meeting room was open to meet people. definitely stay there every time in Melbourne.

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit. Good luck on your future travels. Regards Space Hotel Team

Best Hostel I've stayed in since I arrived in Australia, excellent facilities and cleanliness. Would definitely have extended my stay had it not been for the price.

• 16th Mar 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, Space Hotel much like most Hotels and airlines, work on dynamic pricing. The prices change based on availability and demand in the future I would suggest booking further in advance, allowing yourself to take advantage of cheaper rates. Regards Space Hotel Team

Rooms and hostel were very nice, clean modern and everything I wanted. The staff at reception however, while helpful, we're not well informed. They gave me incorrect directions to where I wanted to go, and completely forgot about a much closer tram station that I only found on my last day. Wifi was also patchy.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback,your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and our facilities are truly appreciated. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the incorrect directions provided. Good luck on your future travels and we hope to welcome you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback so glad to here you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel in the future.

Helpful staff, amazingly sized kitchen and good bathrooms. The atmosphere was completely dead, and due to the marketing of it being a 'hotel' it attracted families and groups of older people - not that there's anything wrong with that, just something that we found affected us more than we wanted (social stuff). I'd strongly recommend adding daily social activities as every other Australian hostel did them and they were great for interaction.

Thank you for your review we are very proud of the facilities we are able to offer our guests and are happy hear you made good use of the facilities during your stay with us. We have taken on board the feedback received regarding the social activities available within the Hotel and we are actively looking for new ways to keep our guests entertained during their stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3