Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

Nice Hostel near the center of Melbourne. Everything was clean, good kitchen. Friendly stuff and a nice sunroof with a good view.

Greatly enjoyed my stay here. Only complaint would be the value for money; hostel was more expensive than I had paid anywhere else and you had to pay 5AUD for 24 hours of internet. That said, this seemed to be standard for Melbourne.

It's one of the best and cleaniest hostels I've ever been to!

Fridge space in kitchen very limited, kitChen lockers not enough, toilets to few on each have floor. Remember you are catering for possibly two to three hundred guests , other than that I was very impressed with the standard and quality

• 11th Jan 2015

Good facilities and location. The bar was fairly lively on the weekend which was good, and I like that it has a pool table. Annoying that you need your room key to get in and out of the bathrooms. Overall a good stay, and I would stay again.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a pleasant stay and staff has been helpful. Love to stay in Melbourne for longer next time.

• 6th Jan 2015

Loved this place, it was clean with great facilities and friendly staff!!

Excellent hostel - just like a top class hotel except that rooms are shared. Gym, bar and kitchen are all great. Great atmosphere and very clean. Friendly and helpful staff 24/7. Thank you very much!

We stayed in a private room on New Year's Eve. It was fine. The room was clean and modern...basic but what you'd expect for the price. The bathrooms were OK too, although people were leaving their used towels all over the place. Overall it is good.

It would have been nice to enjoy more the pool but was shut most of the time de were there. But the peolpe and the atmosphere in the hostel was great. An awesome news year!!!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I had booked an 8 bed mixed dorm and upon arrival I was told that I had been upgraded to a 6 bed mixed dorm. I was the only girl in the room the other 5 occupants were male. It would have been good to have known this at the point of check-in not after check-in when I got upstairs to the room.

A cross between hotel and hostel, you wont find better facilities for that price probably anywhere in australia let alone melbourne cbd, only critisism is you have to pay for wifi and even when u do pay for it 5dollars for 24hours or 20dollars for a week, its not a day or week you get its a small amount of data, so dont get it if u want to skype or watch videos,but dont let that deter you its still an amazing place to stay!

One toilet was working for the whole floor and it was dirty. Rooms tiny, not enough room for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is disappointing to see you did not enjoy your time with us. During your stay with us we had some urgent work that needed to be done on the bathrooms that required them to be completely dry. Unfortunately this meant having to close half of them at a time. This work had to be completed before the busy Christmas and New Years period. Please note there are extra bathrooms available on every floor. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Good location and clean. Staff was rude and not helpful. Dorm rooms are too small for so many people. The ceilings are very low for the top bunks.

Wifi and laundry is expensive! Bathrooms have train station character. Dorm was messed up that staff haven't cleaned for days.

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback from your stay. All the dorms are vacuumed and cleaned Monday's and Thursday's, although housekeeping will not move guests belongings for security purposes. We do have housekeeping available 24 hours and additional cleaning can be arranged through reception. Yes we have stainless steel bathroom facilities as it is proven to be more hygienic and durable with heavy usage.

Fab hostel in the CBD. Friendly and helpful staff, great facilities with a gym, kitchen and movie room. Each bed has a private lockable cupboard, shelf with power socket and lamp - fab! My only fault would be that it's not an overly sociable hostel. If you're looking to meet other people and solo travellers (as I was) then maybe consider staying elsewhere. Having said that I would consider staying here in the future.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for the great review! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our great team. We have started to introduce nightly activities in the bar to give a sociable and fun evironment for travelers to meet and mingle! We hope you come to stay with us again and come into Blue Moon Bar. Happy Travels, The Space Hotel Team

One the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Everything was just perfect. I strongly recommend to people who want to have good time in Melbourne.

• 4th Dec 2014

Thanks so much for the great review. We love to hear guests have enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you at Space Hotel again, happy travels. The Space Hotel Team

Love the design and location but the WIFI signal was so bad it was unusable. I even went down to the 1st floor so I could be as close to the router as possible. Not sure if it's because the internet service is poor or just because the place is so huge that they have way too many people logging on at any given time. Again...loved the place but because I need to work when I'm travelling and have to have a solid Wifi signal sadly I wouldn't be able to stay there again.

We are sorry to hear our WIFI signal was not sufficient for your working requirements. It is unusual to hear the WIFI is unusable from travelers using the internet for future travel arrangements, facebook and general use. We are pleased to see you rated the rest of your stay highly. The Space Hotel Team

Was my second time at a backpacker place and found the facilities really good for a backpacker place. Loved the deck and the theatre room.

• 27th Nov 2014

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the great facilities we have on offer! We hope to see you at Space Hotel again, Happy Travels. The Space Hotel Team

Great place to stay in Melbourne. Perfect location with great facilities in such an affordable price. On top of that we also get special discounts to go to the Aquarium and the Eureka Tower! Sweet! My only complaint is the bathroom that sometimes get wet and slippery, but that's not really a problem. The next time I visit Melbourne, I know exactly where I'll spend the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3