Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

in general don't feel that the front desk's staff are as welcoming as other hostels i've stayed in. just not as hospitable as i hope they would be. toilets with showers are flooded cuz of how it was built. and configuration of the whole space does not allow single travellers like me or whoever who wants to know more people. eventually chose to move out as i didnt really enjoy my stay.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at worldwide. A big hostel with advantages like a rooftop deck and spa, bar etc, but disadvantages being not really having a personal experience, and it is not 18+ so some teens were on our level which I'm not used to in hostels. But for what we needed it was excellent and would reccommend

the cleanest hostel i've ever been in Melbourne. great facilities.

When you pay for a hostel you expect a bed and a place to store your stuff. This was much more than that. It was a well oiled machine and I was very impressed by the extras of the hostel that I was not expecting. It was the best hostel I've stayed at so kudos to you guys. The atmosphere was a little wanting. I could have been nice to have organised events so that new people could meet other people. Like a movie night or a cooking activity in the kitchen.

• 5th Aug 2014

Overall I thought the hotel was good value for money and it was in a very central location only a short walk from a lot of city centre attractions. My only complaint would be the bathrooms which were clean but not very nice.

• 5th Aug 2014

Comfortable beds

Nice environment, though the pillow is rather thin. Like the fact that the hostel has private toilets as well as individual bed-side lamps for reading at night. Cost for washing & drying is CRAZILY expensive.

The perfect accommodation for single or group travelers.

Best hostel ever. Very very clean. Nice layout and there is a gym! The bathrooms are nice and clean at all times and the rooms are spacious. Best part is how each bed has a shelf with plugs and a light, so good!

• 17th Jul 2014

Getting the bad out of the way first, the staff failed to deliver an important message to me left by my tour group. If I were not the type to call the day before no matter what, I would have been in big trouble. That major snafu aside, this hostel is terrific with one exception. Clean bathrooms, comfy beds with well furnished rooms, terrific common spaces. There is however a distinct howl of the wind on the upper floors due to the shape of the building. With heavy wind, this howl is very loud.

I did not like how the staff did not clean/change the main blankets that are used in the bed. The bathrooms for the most part get cleaned but they can get really messy as well with a bad odour. Maybe have an easier paper towel roll on the table in the kitchen. It's impossible to tear off a piece. Other than that, the location is great, staff are friendly and the facilities are nice to hang around in.

• 6th Jul 2014

Clean place, good location however very sterile atmosphere. Quite dull and some staff were just plain rude and apathetic!

1 2 Next » last »