Space Hotel Reviews

380 Russell Street, Melbourne, Australia

This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at (although I've never stayed at a hostel in Australia before). It felt very much like a hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Wasn't impressed by the fact that you have to pay for wifi, although this seems to be the norm in Aus. I would stay here again.

Thank you fro taking the time to leave us your feedback. Our dedicated housekeeping team work very hard to ensure the building is kept clean at all times and always love to hear positive feedback so I will be sure to relay your review to them. Whilst we do not offer free Wi-Fi in the hotel our friendly staff are on hand 24 hours a day to direct you to several free Wi-Fi spots available throughout the city, for any future stays please ask at reception.

It has a different feel to it as it isn't a default hostel. Is slightly overpriced compared to hostels but you get some excellent facilities! Staff are very good and knowledgable and they have discounts on attractions around Melbourne. Second time I have stayed there. This time I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, very clean; the whole hostel is cleaned several times a day. Would recommend highly, just be wary of the price.

We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Space Hotel Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit. Please be aware that Space Hotel much like most Hotels and airlines, work on dynamic pricing. The prices change based on availability and demand in the future I would suggest booking further in advance, allowing yourself to take advantage of cheaper rates.

The room was very small and had not enough space for 6 backpacks or suitcases (6beds) and the cleanliness of the bathrooms was not as expected for the price I paid. There were not many free activities to compensate the price. I even had to give a deposit for cutlery but there were not enough lockers to store them, so you have to take them into your small room. And the cutlery was not cleaned properly when I got it. All in all too expensive for shared facilities.

Thank you for your detailed review constructive comments like yours help us to tighten up the services we provide and to ensure we continue to deliver a quality experience to all guests. Our communal bathrooms are cleaned at least 5 times a day; we appreciate at peak times they can get messy. For any future stays here at space hotel please be aware our housekeeping team are available 24 hours a day and additional cleaning can be requested at reception.

Loved the secure luggage room. More activities would be really nice

Here at Space Hotel we love feedback it helps us to improve our facilities and service. We have taken on board the feedback received regarding the activities available in the hotel, we hope to welcome you back to Space Hotel for another memorable visit.

Nice Hostel near the center of Melbourne. Everything was clean, good kitchen. Friendly stuff and a nice sunroof with a good view.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The staff love to hear our guests have enjoyed their time with us and the facilities we have available. We have a great team here and we certainly love what we do. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Greatly enjoyed my stay here. Only complaint would be the value for money; hostel was more expensive than I had paid anywhere else and you had to pay 5AUD for 24 hours of internet. That said, this seemed to be standard for Melbourne.

I really enjoyed my stay at the space hotel, It is by far the best hostel I have stayed in different offers excellent value for money ! This is the 2nd time I have stayed here for the duration of the Australian open and I am likely to stay again !

It's one of the best and cleaniest hostels I've ever been to!

Fridge space in kitchen very limited, kitChen lockers not enough, toilets to few on each have floor. Remember you are catering for possibly two to three hundred guests , other than that I was very impressed with the standard and quality

• 11th Jan 2015

Good facilities and location. The bar was fairly lively on the weekend which was good, and I like that it has a pool table. Annoying that you need your room key to get in and out of the bathrooms. Overall a good stay, and I would stay again.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a pleasant stay and staff has been helpful. Love to stay in Melbourne for longer next time.

• 6th Jan 2015

Loved this place, it was clean with great facilities and friendly staff!!

Excellent hostel - just like a top class hotel except that rooms are shared. Gym, bar and kitchen are all great. Great atmosphere and very clean. Friendly and helpful staff 24/7. Thank you very much!

We stayed in a private room on New Year's Eve. It was fine. The room was clean and modern...basic but what you'd expect for the price. The bathrooms were OK too, although people were leaving their used towels all over the place. Overall it is good.

It would have been nice to enjoy more the pool but was shut most of the time de were there. But the peolpe and the atmosphere in the hostel was great. An awesome news year!!!

I had booked an 8 bed mixed dorm and upon arrival I was told that I had been upgraded to a 6 bed mixed dorm. I was the only girl in the room the other 5 occupants were male. It would have been good to have known this at the point of check-in not after check-in when I got upstairs to the room.

A cross between hotel and hostel, you wont find better facilities for that price probably anywhere in australia let alone melbourne cbd, only critisism is you have to pay for wifi and even when u do pay for it 5dollars for 24hours or 20dollars for a week, its not a day or week you get its a small amount of data, so dont get it if u want to skype or watch videos,but dont let that deter you its still an amazing place to stay!

One toilet was working for the whole floor and it was dirty. Rooms tiny, not enough room for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is disappointing to see you did not enjoy your time with us. During your stay with us we had some urgent work that needed to be done on the bathrooms that required them to be completely dry. Unfortunately this meant having to close half of them at a time. This work had to be completed before the busy Christmas and New Years period. Please note there are extra bathrooms available on every floor. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Good location and clean. Staff was rude and not helpful. Dorm rooms are too small for so many people. The ceilings are very low for the top bunks.

Wifi and laundry is expensive! Bathrooms have train station character. Dorm was messed up that staff haven't cleaned for days.

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback from your stay. All the dorms are vacuumed and cleaned Monday's and Thursday's, although housekeeping will not move guests belongings for security purposes. We do have housekeeping available 24 hours and additional cleaning can be arranged through reception. Yes we have stainless steel bathroom facilities as it is proven to be more hygienic and durable with heavy usage.