Space Pod Houston Reviews

10046 Rosbrook Drive, Houston, Texas 77038, Houston, USA

great stay

This place is quite far from downtown Houston (and the museum and medical districts), so if that's where you need to be, it's not a great option. The host was very nice to us and we felt welcomed, but it is a private home in a suburb, and not a hostel. The beds are cots with thin mattresses, so be prepared for that too.

• 4th May 2014

Always use the Internet - Map Quest, GPS, Telephone, E-mail, etc., to be sure you are where YOU need to be.

Lovely Charismatic Host makes all the difference. Thank you Carol. Best wishes.

The stay was really good, thank you for a great couple of days..

I had a great time time!!!!! She help me with the directions, although I couldn¨t see her!!!!!

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Carol was great! I had a great time and she even went out of her way to help me out at everything about my trip. AND she fed me! I was not expecting that :) Very friendly. Very clean. The beds arent very big but it was ok. Thanks Carol!!

At Space Pod I received a cheerful welcome. I loved the pictures of all the previous guests! It is a very suitable place for people looking for a bed near the airport.

• 5th Aug 2013

Carroll was amazing, we had such a good time at Space Pod. Would highly recommend it to any travellers who are looking to stay in the Houston area! Breakfast that she made us (which was unexpected bonus) was delicious and we had such a good time just hanging out with her and chatting! Very easy walk to the 24 hour Walmart which we really enjoyed and Carroll helped us out with directions which made things much simpler.

• 7th Jul 2013

Best hostel me and my friend stayed in throughout our trip across America. Carroll was so welcoming and made us feel at home. Her home-cooked breakfasts were delicious and she introduced us to traditional Texas food we hadn't tried before. Was a great place to stay and I hope to visit again at some time.

Overall a good place to stay. I've stayed in many hostels before but this is someone's home. There is about a $5 extra tab you have to add onto your online bill. She treats you like a house guest so the service is very generous. As far as I could tell there is only one room. This is not a place with hostel parties all night and I wouldn't think it's OK to bring a new friend back with you. It's just like staying at an acquaintence's home so be a little more respectful I think. She's nice.

I would stay here again. Carroll was so accommodating and really a great host. She makes a mean breakfast! Thank you!

My stay at Miss Carrol's Space Pod was really lovely, nice atmosphere, good tips + nice socializing with her, Lena and Carlitooo :-D if i'll come back to Houston i know where i will stay again :) cheers, Sandra

• 15th May 2013

Carroll is without a doubt the most accommodating and welcoming hostel owner I've ever come across. I'd easily stay with her again.

• 6th Mar 2013

Nice chill location

I loved staying here. Its like staying at Carroll's house and it was great. Carroll is a wonderful host, a joy to be around, even helped me study! It is super convenient for people who need to stay close to the airport, and Carroll will pick you up. If you are staying in Houston for a while you better have a car though because the hostel isnt close to anything else but the airport. Fortunately there are many people who fly in for a night and are out the next day or so, for them this is perfect.

• 19th Aug 2012

Lovely lady

• 29th Sep 2011

It was pretty comfortable. Owner, Carroll is so kind, I had a fun to talk with her. Actually I don't know how to go from Air port, but she told me kindly. So I didn't lost.

• 7th Sep 2011
  • Japan

Really great welcome and comfortable night from the airport - good location from the airport.

Carroll was a really friendly host. She makes you feel right at home. The place is a little far from town but is good to get to know the place.

A really lovely place to stay, and Carroll was wonderful (thank you!). We have nothing negative to say about the Space Pod - friendly, comfortable with great breakfast. Public transport links nearby are good - there are bus stops within minutes of walking, but the Pod's location means that it does take a while to get anywhere (2 hours one way to get to the Space Center for example), so having a car would be great, but not absolutely necessary.

View all Houston Bed and Breakfasts