Spain House Apartment Reviews

C/ Tamarit 164, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Everything was simply perfect. Salim (the guy who is taking care of the place) is an absolute delight. He even came to the metro station to guide me and my girlfriend to the hostel! The place itself was very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this hostel to everyone, so if youre reading this: BOOK ALREADY, you wont regret it! I will certainly come back one day! -NG

• 6th Apr 2014

staff is very nice to show us how to go to the sightseeing,and ask us to be careful of the wallet。the room is very clean,and facility is good。and i love the location,super convenient!

It is a nice apartment with all you need. Only a few minutes from Rambla and other sights.

Absolutley lovley hostel to stay in, especially if your looking to be right in the heart of barcelona! so close to the beach front and not to far from port olympic; if you want to go out for a weekend! The owner is fantastic always checking to see how everything is going. Especially loved our room with the balcony. if your looking for a cozy atmosphere this place definitly meets your needs!!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • olli16588

The staff, Salim, was very nice to remind us what not to do and introduce us what to do in Barcelona. He cleaned my room everyday. The toilets, common room and bedroom were clean and tidy. However, the beddings seemed a little bit old and not clean. And I lived in the room with balcony. I can always smell if people are smoking on the street and my clothes trapped the smell too.

Thanks for review. You requested for a balcony room. Sorry to say, but not all the time people smoke in the street.

ADVANTAGES Spain House is a well-placed hostel near to La Rambla, 15 minutes far from the beach on foot. For this money, you get what you can get. Salim was very helpful, and he did everything for us to enjoy our holiday. The apartment was very clean. The hostel is placed in a relative quite street,that's why are the shops not expensive next to Spain House. DISADVANTAGE Unfortunatelly our room didn't look the same as on the photos. All in all we can offer this hostel to anyone, we are satisfied

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

Because of new furniture, room looks different.

There are really no bad things to say about the place. It is perfect, for the price we payed. The location is very good. The host is the best you can have. He gave us a very helpful and informative reception and was allways available, asking if everything was ok all the time.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Linguas
  • Portugal

Really good deal, for 100 euro we stayed 3 nights in the Raval-area (address on hostelworld is address of office, appartment is located on Carrer de la Riera Alta). It's a bit run down, but the room was clean and Samir was really taking an effort in making us happy, we even got a welcomedrink. Wifi was good, showers were hot. We didnt use the kitchen but it looked well-equiped.

The only think we did not like about this hostel is that the address announced in the hostelword website is not the same where we stayed in. The person had combined to meet us at the address announced but the hostel is an another address, 5 minutes walking from there. It does not meaning security and trust for the turist that don't know the city. The local is good, clean, safe, close to the Las Ramblas, the staff is helpfull and attentive. I believe you should advertise the real address.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Portugal

For the price, this place is perfect. The host (Salim) was very informative and helpful. He was keeping the place clean every day and constantly asking us if everything was ok. We were very happy with the location and overall experience.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Lithuania

(+) Value for money location nice kitchen wifi (-) almost empty rooms, no table, no wardrobe, mirror standing at the bottom, uncomfortable bed,.... old, needs to be renovated thin walls no reception

This is bad behaviour. You booked a discounted room with lowest price. Why do you expect facilities like a normal room? At normal price, we provide all facilities. Next time please book a room with regular (normal) price to have all facilities.

The accomodation is very close to La Rambla (about 5 min walking distance), so very central. The place is not very big, it feels more like living together with the other guests and Salim, than staying at a hostel. Salim was very friendly, although we arrived in the middle of the night. We could also leave our luggage in the room until our departure in the afternoon.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Very friendly staff, always eager to be of help.

I was attracted to the "no noise" part of the description. I just needed a place to sleep before a flight the next morning. It was an excellent place to stay, I wish I could have been there longer. The towels were delightful, the bed large and comfortable. I was afraid it might be cold but the comforter was very warm and the space heater helped when needed. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I enjoyed the area being a multicultural neighborhood and non touristy. Highly Recommended.

a good hostel...very near to las ramblas and plaza catalunya...the stuff very lind and helpful...

The employee was great, very professional, carefull, place always clean and practical to use the kitchen with all accessories

Everything was great! Stayed as a couple. Not noisy, ideal location near all main places. Staff was very friendly and polite. Moreover, they provided us all additional information regarding transportation, entertainment, contacts, safety and etc. Great value for money, as it seemed to be the only accomodation that DID NOT rise a price for New Year night.

Un bon rapport qualité prix. Le logement est situé idéalement car il est à proximité des transports, de la ambla etc... Salim est accueillant, il est doté de bons conseils.

• 26th Dec 2013

Overall I had a good stay at this place. It is more like a shared apartment than a hostel though so I would not recommend staying here if you are wanting to meet a lot of new people. The apartment was in a really good location and central to many different things.

Great location on the other side of La Rambla (so it is close to everything but not in the super touristy area). The staff were great, coming to meet us on time and helping with anything we needed.

View all Barcelona Apartments