Sparta Team

Rating 120 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017
6.3

Great room but sanitaries not so ckean at the end of the day.... Hotel close to touristic attractions but in a very bad neighborhood! I wouldnt recommand girls to stay alone in this hotel, never felt so unsafe to walk alone in a street...

18th Jul 2017
4.6

Google the street this hostel is on and the first result is "most dangerous street in Athens." Walking down it during the middle of the day and with my large boyfriend I was still terrified. We saw people doing drugs in broad daylight on this street. Hostel is also not very clean. We used it to crash for about 6 hours of sleep mid-travel and that's about all I would recommend it for. It's worth exactly the small amount that you will pay for it.

7th Jul 2017
2.3

I've used Hostelworld for years, and this was by far the worst experience I've ever had using this site. Beware of THIEVES in hostel; my backpack was stolen right out of the lobby. Even more disturbing was response of staff and management- they were defensive and accusatory (suspiciously so). When they found out I reported the theft to hostelworld, the manager screamed at me in the lobby. Additionally, the neighborhood doesn't feel safe and the hostel was dirty. Spend a few extra € for better.

6th Jul 2017
4.6

area was sketchy during day. at night it was on a whole other level. cat called at many times. saw people doing lines of cocaine. was told by a townsman not to walk on that street at night. Prior to arrival tried to cancel after hearing about bad area. staff did not allow even though we tried to within given time frame. was yelled at on the phone. could not cancel and had to deal with unsafe area. do not stay if you are traveling alone no matter if male or female. not a bad place but bad area

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Jun 2017
5.7

Pros Cheap AC and showers work well Comfortable beds Balcony in room Staff who make an effort Cons Street outside is homeless / heroin addict central, extremely intimidating Pictures aren't representative No communal kitchen

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2017
4.9

The hostel itself may be fine, but the neighborhood it is in is notorious in Athens. Walking up to it in broad daylight was incredibly sketchy, I couldnt imagine waking home there at night. This is probably why the hostel itself was quiet and empty - its not a neighborhood you want to spend time in. I cancelled and booked another hostel without ever seeing my room.

• Barbados, All Male Group, 18-24
1st Apr 2017
8.0

Overall, we had a great stay here, the staff are very helpful, and the facilities are decent. The location is very central, however, it is in a rundown section of the city.