Sparta Team Reviews

Menandrou 21 Athens, Athens, Greece

The Sparta Team Hostel was great! It was the best hostel in our week long trip around Greece

I am a college student traveling through Europe (aka = low standards). We got into the hotel in the evening and were showed up to our room. The room key is required to use the lights in both the bedroom and the shared bathroom, so one of us would be forced to sit in the dark if the other needed to use bathroom, or be forced to shower in the dark. The sheets were incredibly dirty, and the room was already inhabited by extremely large cockroaches. We stayed up late that night to find a hotel.

• 5th Jul 2014

Good-Friendly and helpful staff! Bad-Quite far from the metro station, poor and old furniture, stuffy, air conditional not working.

• 24th Jun 2014

I had a discussion when I arrived since they gave away my room. I reserved and paid for a room with private toilet. they gave me a room with shared toilet. their reaction was horrible and they wanted to kick me out from the hotel at midnight since I did not accept a different room from what I booked. they talked about 'priorization', but it was not mentioned in the web site when I booked the room. I had to change 3 rooms in 3 days.

• 21st Jun 2014

horrible. Firstly, it's located in a really dubious area menandrou with loads of migrants and people doing illegal dealings even in broad daylight. There are also very frequent police presence in the area. One of the staff was also really rude and yelled at us. Many others received the same treatment from her too while she was checking them in. The entire hotel is filled with smokes stench it was horrid. Hot water runs out halfway while you are showering and the lights aren't even working.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I walked through a very rough area at night to reach Sparta hotel. I had originally booked a room for 2 but was now travelling solo. Instead of giving me the room I booked as a sole occupant they sent me down the road at night to another hotel, which was the worse I have ever been to. Just because this is the cheapest option does not mean it is worth the risk of being moved to another hotel, feeling unsafe, in a questionable room.

• 15th Jun 2014

I would avoid this place at all cost. Although the location is very close to everything it is in a very sketchy area. The staff were not the most friendly besides one guy, who would only help us. The room was disgusting. The sheets had crusty spots, there was hair on the bathroom floor and old dirty cups. The whole room and bathroom was super dirty, didn't feel comfortable touching anything or taking off my shoes at all. The view outside our window was all broken windows, so not very safe.

Good hotel for the price, but don't expect too much. It's in the middle of todays capital city, not seaside resort. Have spent there a pleasant week in a single room. The room is very basic, but had everything I needed. The only problem I had was the temperature at the night, I had to choose between squeaky ceiling fan or noise from open window. The area is more Asian than Greek.

It's a nice place, but their location isn't good, it's far to more important sites.

Great experience, was very cheap, I had a single room that was very nice. About 10 minute walk from the city center, and the blonde lady working the desk was very kind and helpful, she circled just about everything on the map she gave us and gave us multiple suggestions on where to go / nightlife / etc. Great experience, would recommend.

• 16th May 2014

In a great location re metro and sites but the public bar in the reception area and large numbers of men hanging around doesn't give it the best of impressions. The police vans seem always to be parked outside so no bad thing as the area is pretty poor. Staff great but over worked as have to do Bar and Reception duties plus give information as the internet connection on computers in reception never worked during 3 day stay. Twin room booked but double given and not cleaned during stay.

Absolutely disgraceful I cancelled my booking via email a few days before I was due to arrive due to family problems and also in their terms and conditions you must confirm your booking 24 hours before arriving, which I also did not do. Yet a few days ago I found that they had taken 1 night money from my account after already having a £6 deposit that I had paid so in fact took nearly 1.5 days money for somewhere that I did not even stay. I have emailed and they refuse to answer. Disgraceful

• 23rd Feb 2014