Spenard Hostel International Reviews

2845 W 42nd, Anchorage, USA

I really hope Spenard is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to hostels. For my first time staying in a hostel, this was a fantastic experience.

• 20th Aug 2015

Amazing, super friendly staff that make you feel right at home, free tea, coffee and hot chocolate all day, cheap bike rentals. A bit far out of town, but close to the airport and right on the bus line into town. Also not far from the coastal trail.

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere :) I had a great stay!

• 16th Aug 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

One very good member of staff,the other not so helpful - encouraging a group of guests to be quite loud one evening, music ,singing etc right up until 11 pm,right next to dorm rooms.11 pm quiet time policy but many people have early starts planned. Great to have 3 kitchens so everyone can spread out to cook.

Staff was very helpful, but Erin seems to have a bit too much lemon in the diet. Lighten up, lady!

I just had the best hostel experience I have ever had at Spenard hostel. The amazing staff made my time in Anchorage unforgettable and I miss everyone already. I honestly cannot put into words how fantastic this place is. And as a bonus you get free breakfast and access to a hair dryer, what more could you want?

• 30th May 2015

It was really close to the airport and in a neighborhood near a McDonalds and Gas station, etc (easy to find). My flight came in very late, and we left early so we never actually saw any staff. They contacted me with a security code and I paid with a credit card and that was that. I had a bed and a shower and I was off the next morning. That's all I needed it to be, before I headed out into the woods. It would also be a nice place to clean up and rest after camping before you catch a flight.

• 22nd May 2015

I certainly go back to stay with Spenard. I also recommend the place to my travelling friends. The staff were so accommodating. KK and Erin were amazing. They were very kind and attentive to the guest's needs. I felt at home during my entire stay. Location is excellent as well.

• 14th May 2015

Lovely hostel, three kitchens! Four bathrooms, four dorms and two awesome friendly cats. And the surroundings are beautiful snowy mountains :)