Spenard Hostel International Reviews

2845 W 42nd, Anchorage, USA

The Spenard is well located to the airport but is a ways out of downtown. This didn't cause many issues because of the close proximity to the bus stop. It has a very traditional "hostel" feel with lots of common rooms and places to hang out. Highly recommended for people with time to stay around Anchorage but if only one day being closer downtown may be better. I would definitely stay again.

Great staff and good hostel with a good friendly vibe. Its right next to the airport (15 minute walk) , but its way out of town with no supermarkets or attractions near by, they do have pushbikes for hire though.

They gave me a bed that was almost impossible to get into because it was blocked off by another bunk bed. They did allow me to switch to another bed when I told them how difficult it was to get into and out of the bed but they acted like it was a big hassle even though there were plenty of empty bottom bunks available. I've stayed in many hostels and this one had the least friendly staff and the dirtiest bathrooms. But it was a cheap place to stay and there was the use of the kitchen.

• 22nd May 2014

We apologize if you misunderstood our process when you wanted to change bunks. It's no problem to move you, we just needed to double check our reservations to make sure we put you in a bunk that was available for the duration of your stay to save you the inconvenience of having to move. Regarding bathroom cleanliness, while we can't clean after every person, the bathrooms are cleaned both morning and evening, and as all of the staff live here, touched up frequently throughout the day.

Really warm and welcoming atmosphere! Little bit far out of town but it's a good thing. I arrived late and there was a welcoming note and my bed was made!

I loved this place. Clean, very quiet, friendly, and most importantly, a great vibe (as we say in California.) I stayed there for a week and a half and will stay there when I visit again.