Spenard Hostel International Reviews

2845 W 42nd, Anchorage, USA

Staff was very friendly and informative, had a great stay and would highly recommend this for any stay

• 22nd Jan 2016

Staying at the Hostel International locations is like joining freind (to be made) at a self service lodge. I like this better than a hotel room for an overnight stay in my travels. Amanda, one of the guests, even changed bunks with me, for the one night, as it was too hard for me to get into my bunk and she drove me to the airport at 6am the next morning. Everyone staying there is always friendly..I was offered a hotel room at an exhorbitant rate and said no, I will book a room at the Hostel.

• 13th Sep 2015

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and made some new friends while you were here. Long live hostelling!

I miss my digital luggage scale. I dont know where is it? The laundry was bissy bat the clothes was not in the cleaningprocess. The absolutly no go was, that the shoes must standing outsode the house. My shoes was permanently wet in- and outside. The shoes in the house was strictly prohibitet. The rooms are a litle bit small. The baggages are during blocked the way.

We're sorry that you found your stay less than ideal, and thank you for your feedback. We do have three bathroom scales available for guests to weigh their luggage, and if there is ever anything you can't find, just ask a staff member. We're here to help! Also, we don't allow shoes to be worn in the house as it keeps things much cleaner, but as stated in our check in rules, you are more than welcome to carry them with you up to your room. We wish you safe and happy travels in the future!

Amazing space with amazing staff! Loved it!! KK supported me with my 26 glacier tour with calling and printing out necessary information. KK was always in good spirits and pleasant! Thank you KK!!! BIG hug😀😀

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay, and we're glad you love Spenard as much as we do!! Safe Travels!

I really hope Spenard is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to hostels. For my first time staying in a hostel, this was a fantastic experience.

• 20th Aug 2015

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! We think Spenard is pretty exceptional, but we're a little biased. Safe travels!!

Amazing, super friendly staff that make you feel right at home, free tea, coffee and hot chocolate all day, cheap bike rentals. A bit far out of town, but close to the airport and right on the bus line into town. Also not far from the coastal trail.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! While we are not downtown, we are just a 10 minute bus ride away. We love being in the trendy Spenard neighborhood--great restaurants, bars, live music, grocery store, and outdoor gear shops all within walking distance, and easy access to nature via the coastal trail. Safe travels!

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere :) I had a great stay!

• 16th Aug 2015

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! Safe Travels!