7.8
Very Good 79 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 79 Total Reviews
Spenard Hostel International Located at 2845 W 42nd, , Anchorage.
USA
Anchorage AK 99517 2845 W 42nd
78% 79
61.1824060 -149.9388612
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

Spenard is a homey place to spend the night. The hostal is in a quiet neighborhood outside of downtown, but there is a bus stop really close and the bus system is easy to use! You can also rent bikes which is nice in such a bike friendly city.

22nd Jul 2016

Great place, I'll definitely come back!

• katie_schmucker9204
  • USA, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
21st Jul 2016

Amazing hostel! Wonderful staff:) Super close to the airport and bus routes. Lots of kitchens and bathrooms. Even better if you like cats:) I definitely recommend it!

• USA, Male, 41+
20th Jul 2016
8.0

Super easy, super clean. Thank you.

3rd Jul 2016

Although there are just few fast food near hostel, you can rent bike and go everywhere. Like a regular house, there are some rooms, bathroom, kitchen and hosts with smile. They always answer my questions patiently. I like here. This place let me feel like home.

28th Jun 2016
3.7

I thought it was disgustingly run down and lacked cleanliness. Yes it was close to the airport but the vibe was unwelcoming The staff didn't interact much and wasn't on top of the cleaning. The place was very muggy and musty smelling. The reviews were good but I was disappointed. I didn't feel that comfortable there. I would not recommend staying here.

11th Jun 2016

I had a great experience at Spenard Hostel in Anchorage! House parents Leeza, Justin, and David were all very nice and helpful. Everything was cleaned daily and it was nice to see that everyone staying at the hostel pitched in to keep things tidy as well. My stay was quiet, not many instances where people were being loud. Plenty of washrooms, kitchens, and space in the rooms to feel comfortable living here short or long term. In a bit of a dodgy part of town, but overall 2 big thumbs up :)

13th May 2016

I love Spenard! It was super easy to take a taxi from the Anchorage airport, and check-in. The owner is amazing!! She is super friendly, goes out of her way to make your stay great and is super chill. You get fresh sheets, access to a shower, kitchen and free wifi. Great location-- right around the corner from a great coffee place, basic groceries, a couple good restaurants and the bus to downtown. If you want to rent a bike to go downtown you can do that too!

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016

I looked up all the hostel in the area & I made the right decision picking Spenard International Hostel! From the moment I got there is felt so welcome :) . I suggest staying @ Spenard Hostel to everyone I know that might be pass though Anchorage. There is a quirky vibe to the place that everyone can enjoy. The owners is absolutely amazing. She took me & a couple others out to a local place for some free tacos on Cinco de Mayo!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Mar 2016
4.3

The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in what seemed like a long while. The bed comforters don't appear to get washed, ever. No lockers or any safe area to leave personal belongings. Didn't see any employee the entire time. No towels were provided for showering. A person sharing our room took our pillows of of our made beds for himself. Hostel cat is sweet, but clearly needs grooming.