Spenard Hostel International Reviews

2845 W 42nd, Anchorage, USA

Staying at the Hostel International locations is like joining freind (to be made) at a self service lodge. I like this better than a hotel room for an overnight stay in my travels. Amanda, one of the guests, even changed bunks with me, for the one night, as it was too hard for me to get into my bunk and she drove me to the airport at 6am the next morning. Everyone staying there is always friendly..I was offered a hotel room at an exhorbitant rate and said no, I will book a room at the Hostel.

• 13th Sep 2015

I miss my digital luggage scale. I dont know where is it? The laundry was bissy bat the clothes was not in the cleaningprocess. The absolutly no go was, that the shoes must standing outsode the house. My shoes was permanently wet in- and outside. The shoes in the house was strictly prohibitet. The rooms are a litle bit small. The baggages are during blocked the way.

Amazing space with amazing staff! Loved it!! KK supported me with my 26 glacier tour with calling and printing out necessary information. KK was always in good spirits and pleasant! Thank you KK!!! BIG hug😀😀

I really hope Spenard is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to hostels. For my first time staying in a hostel, this was a fantastic experience.

• 20th Aug 2015

Amazing, super friendly staff that make you feel right at home, free tea, coffee and hot chocolate all day, cheap bike rentals. A bit far out of town, but close to the airport and right on the bus line into town. Also not far from the coastal trail.

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere :) I had a great stay!

• 16th Aug 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

One very good member of staff,the other not so helpful - encouraging a group of guests to be quite loud one evening, music ,singing etc right up until 11 pm,right next to dorm rooms.11 pm quiet time policy but many people have early starts planned. Great to have 3 kitchens so everyone can spread out to cook.

Staff was very helpful, but Erin seems to have a bit too much lemon in the diet. Lighten up, lady!