Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

Fantastisk staff and atmosphere!

Good vibe and spacious dorm. Because it's made of bamboo, it's very very shaky though. Whenever someone walks in the room, all the beds shake. Just two showers for all women which is not enough in rush hour. And the hostel is quite far from town. However, the environment is beautiful and the staff is nice. Good size lockers too. And it's clean enough for me!

Cracking place, amazing people - could go on but only advice is just go there for yourself

• 10th Mar 2015

great place to meet people and hang out. staff organizes nice bbqs, dinners and trips. centre is a 10-15 minuten walk.

We had so much fun here, awesome people and beautiful surroundings. Not the cleanest place but the common areas are so good and the dorms are big. Slept so good even though it was cold during the nights.

Although the atmosphere is great and the place is really authentic, I felt the cleanliness wasn't up to scratch. There are three female toilets between 20 girls and the toilets barely got cleaned once a day. When you can't flush paper down he loo the bins become over flowed which I think is gross. There are no fans in the room which I feel is necessary as its gets ridiculously hot durin he day. The blankets you are given aren't clean and have no covers on them. However he surrounding are pretty.

This hostel is so relaxed and super cheap! The dorms get a bit cold at night but as long as you have a jumper you shouldn't be too cold. If I wasn't on such a time restriction with my trip I probably would've stayed here for ages as it's such a nice place to relax from the craziness of thailand and its really easy to meet people here

Awesome culture; met great people who shaped my time in Pai. Had campfires every night, just off a rice paddy field, hung in the communal hammocks, loved this place.

This is by far my favourite hostel. As long as you aren't looking for a super clean (or warm) place to stay, this is the hostel for you. Ask for a second (or third) blanket and make sure to dress warmly at night. The way the place is designed makes it so easy to meet people because everyone sits in the communal area. Booked for 2 stayed for 4 nights and wish I could've stayed longer. The atmosphere makes up for how cold you get. Who could say no to a dorm that feels like a tree fort!?

Very helpful thai owners, our friend was sick and they offered to drive him to the airport. However one of the staff seemed uninterested in helping after we paid. A short 10min walk out of town but an awesome setting. Really good vibe for meeting people. It can get really cold at night so make sure you ask for blankets!

Awesome Hostel. Awesome Staff!! Great location, a bit out of town but soooo worth it :) THANK YOU SPICYPAI!! I will be back :D

• 20th Feb 2015

Best hostel I have stayed at in all of Thailand hands down no contest. The best by far. Location is incredible, setup is beautiful, and they got a f@#%!n BONFIRE! Book in advance this is the only review you need to read. You're welcome.

Fantastic place if you want to meet people, 15 minute walk to town, incredible views and common areas. It gets very very cold at night sometimes so bring extra clothes! Would definitely stay here again

• 13th Feb 2015

Best hostel I've ever been to, great staff, really good vibes, booked one night and ended up staying ten days. Highly recommended!

Hands down the best hostel I have stayed in! This is a great place to meet people and chill out. The staff are so friendly too. They even organised a free 8 hour trek to a waterfall that would have cost us 800baht to do privately. The only downside was the cold showers. But I LOVED spicypai and want to return in the future!

Loved every minute of it. Great place for solo travellers. The atmosphere in itself is worth the stay. In the middle of a field with a common area with hammocks and bonfires, the cold showers don't really matter. The breakfast is just bread and butter, but it's included and you can easily go to the town for a more fulfilling breakfast. 10/10 would recommend to anyone!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Stay here!! Most social & fun hostel I've stayed at, so good if you are travelling solo. The staff are amazing and daily activities are organized for the hostel which can be a welcome break from super touristy activities. The post - bowling day at the lake was my favorite day in chiang mai :) Showers are pretty cold, but totally worth dealing with it haha

Although the hostel isn't in the centre of Pai it is definitely worth the walk out of town to get there, it is beautiful, I stayed with a friend in the 6 bed mixed female dorm (the cheapest at the time) and was fine. The dorm was clean and the beds and blankets are fine for the price you pay. I would recommend staying here for anybody unsure, it's a bit like camping! My only problem was the staff, they was quite rude, cleaner pointed in my face when asked a question and reception was not 24/7...

Great location little bit outside town. Recommend to rent a scooter when you arrived at the busstation. Great view on the mountains with sunset in a great Thai countryside hut.

good hostel. however, they gave away our booking without any notice which stuffed my trip up a bit

« first « Prev 1 2 3