Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

Had a lovely time last year and an even better time this year! Wonderful atmosphere and overall vibes. The staff facilitated a good time, especially Ari. Aon, the chef at Oasis Restaurant made the best breakfast I've had yet. Book for a week at least!

• 25th May 2015

The hostel has a very good vibe and a party is going on almost every night. So bring your earplugs if you want to sleep early. If possible rent bikes in town as they overcharge at the hostel. The included breakfast is toast and butter but the chef will whip up something great for a decent price.

beautiful scenery, wonderful people, I couldn't be happier with my stay, it was hard for me to leave. I highly recommend staying at spicypai

• 19th May 2015

So much fun! The beds are hard and hot but that's what you get. The hammocks are nice and the staff is friendly. If you rent a scooter it's not far away from anything. The only bar open past 12 pm is a 5 minute walk down the road. The pool is also five minutes away. Have food there that is good but not cheaper than the ton. Would definitely stay here again.

Loved this place!!! Come here!! Great atmosphere easy for single travellers to meet people and its a beautiful place :-D

I stayed at spicy Tao last year and it was great, spicy Pai was even better

• 29th Apr 2015

Great hostel with amazing atmosphere. I loved the location as it was a nice 10 minute stroll from town, and very close to Don't Cry (great bar). Facilities are clean and staff are very helpful! I will most definitely stay at SpicyPai when I return!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Teacher that had some time off before the school year began. Excellent stay at Spicy, really nice mellowed out atmosphere (welcome to Pai), friendly staff, good place to meet people, and, oh, the parties are fantastic. Stayed for a few days longer than I had planned because of how much I liked it. I really enjoyed how cold I could get the water, very refreshing. What really set this place apart was the super friendly staff, good food, and the view from the hangout bungalow. You'll like it here.

• 25th Apr 2015

First of all, SpicyPai is a place to be in Pai. It is not located in Pai itself, which is really not a problem in this region of Thailand. You'll be in the centre after a 15 min walk. The price is good, and everybody I met, was happy to stay at this hostel. The whole place is made of wood, and the room you will stay in, will be partly open, so you can hear every fuggin frog and bug in the night. Which won't be a big problem at all, you will be drunk every night anyway.

Not a bad place, but if you really don't want to rent a motorbike then I wouldn't stay here as its pretty out of the way. Great view, friendly people. They could use some more comfy hammocks though and the free breakfast was just coffee/tea and toast. Nice vibe though.

Beautiful place outside of town. Can definitely get a little loud during the evenings but was able to sleep through it. I'd definitely stay again :-)

I had an awesome time at spicy Pai. The staff were really helpful, the food they cook was amazing. The main reason to stay here is for the great atmosphere, it was super easy to meet chill people. Very much of a family vibe, I will definitely stay here when I return to Pai.

Had a lovely time at Spicy! Cool location just outside of town. Was in the 26 bed 'treehouse' style dorm and it was real cool! Would definitely stay again!

This hostel is in a beautiful location but it is too far away from town. Spicy Pai is a party all day and night but you can get the same experience closer to town and to the bars. Reception rarely had anyone at the desk and wasn't even open (at 9am) when I went to get the taxi to the bus station (which they hadn't booked, even with a day's notice) forcing me to walk to town with my heavy bag in the heat. The facilities are clean but the dorms could use a fan. Not bad but I wouldn't stay again.

Just go here. Do it now. Why are you still reading this??

It's a cool place however we did not really find a vibe there. The common area is a bit weak. Rooms are very cool though and the view is great (not in dry season!)

The staff gave me a hard time about arriving later than they expected (but not after hours), and then didn't honor my reservation as booked, I booked the 8 bed dorm, but they put me in the 26 bed dorm. After 2 nights there, they finally warmed up to me and started to be more helpful and friendly. The nightly activities were not every night, the lockers are small, and the mosquito nets have giant holes, and you will have mosquitos in your bed.

The most social hostel I've stayed at! Such an amazing chilled out atmosphere, it's easy to get sucked in and stay for longer than planned so beware! It's a bit of a walk from town but it's not bad at all, and they have things like BBQs and themed nights where everyone gets together! Thanks spicy, for the great stay!

I think what makes this place special and so highly recommended is the people that go there, not necessarily the place itself. Bamboo huts are nice and it looks awesome inside the 26 dorm, but the beds are really uncomfy. Like, my pillow was a brick with a triangle cut out of it. And it only took 2 days for the dead rat outside the gents to disappear!

Showers weren't amazing and it was a little walk from the centre of pai but it was definitely worth staying here for the atmosphere and the awesome tree house style dorms!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4