Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

Not a bad place, but if you really don't want to rent a motorbike then I wouldn't stay here as its pretty out of the way. Great view, friendly people. They could use some more comfy hammocks though and the free breakfast was just coffee/tea and toast. Nice vibe though.

Beautiful place outside of town. Can definitely get a little loud during the evenings but was able to sleep through it. I'd definitely stay again :-)

• 9th Apr 2015

I had an awesome time at spicy Pai. The staff were really helpful, the food they cook was amazing. The main reason to stay here is for the great atmosphere, it was super easy to meet chill people. Very much of a family vibe, I will definitely stay here when I return to Pai.

Had a lovely time at Spicy! Cool location just outside of town. Was in the 26 bed 'treehouse' style dorm and it was real cool! Would definitely stay again!

This hostel is in a beautiful location but it is too far away from town. Spicy Pai is a party all day and night but you can get the same experience closer to town and to the bars. Reception rarely had anyone at the desk and wasn't even open (at 9am) when I went to get the taxi to the bus station (which they hadn't booked, even with a day's notice) forcing me to walk to town with my heavy bag in the heat. The facilities are clean but the dorms could use a fan. Not bad but I wouldn't stay again.

Just go here. Do it now. Why are you still reading this??

It's a cool place however we did not really find a vibe there. The common area is a bit weak. Rooms are very cool though and the view is great (not in dry season!)

The staff gave me a hard time about arriving later than they expected (but not after hours), and then didn't honor my reservation as booked, I booked the 8 bed dorm, but they put me in the 26 bed dorm. After 2 nights there, they finally warmed up to me and started to be more helpful and friendly. The nightly activities were not every night, the lockers are small, and the mosquito nets have giant holes, and you will have mosquitos in your bed.

The most social hostel I've stayed at! Such an amazing chilled out atmosphere, it's easy to get sucked in and stay for longer than planned so beware! It's a bit of a walk from town but it's not bad at all, and they have things like BBQs and themed nights where everyone gets together! Thanks spicy, for the great stay!

I think what makes this place special and so highly recommended is the people that go there, not necessarily the place itself. Bamboo huts are nice and it looks awesome inside the 26 dorm, but the beds are really uncomfy. Like, my pillow was a brick with a triangle cut out of it. And it only took 2 days for the dead rat outside the gents to disappear!

Showers weren't amazing and it was a little walk from the centre of pai but it was definitely worth staying here for the atmosphere and the awesome tree house style dorms!

Fantastisk staff and atmosphere!

It's just outside of town which is quite nice as it overlooks rice fields. It's open air bungalows and chill out area have a very Thai feel to it. Very social and the staff are really nice.

Good vibe and spacious dorm. Because it's made of bamboo, it's very very shaky though. Whenever someone walks in the room, all the beds shake. Just two showers for all women which is not enough in rush hour. And the hostel is quite far from town. However, the environment is beautiful and the staff is nice. Good size lockers too. And it's clean enough for me!

Cracking place, amazing people - could go on but only advice is just go there for yourself

• 10th Mar 2015

great place to meet people and hang out. staff organizes nice bbqs, dinners and trips. centre is a 10-15 minuten walk.

We had so much fun here, awesome people and beautiful surroundings. Not the cleanest place but the common areas are so good and the dorms are big. Slept so good even though it was cold during the nights.

Really cool facilities. Had an outdoor bungalow feel, with rooms that were open to the outside (mosquito nets are included) and bathrooms as well. One of my favorite hostels. Canadian receptionist could be a bit rude, but other than that really helpful staff who also plan fun activities.

This hostel was one of my favorites in Thailand. Book here if you want a wonderfully communal environment to meet other backpackers without sacrificing cleanliness and security. Community meals. Beer pong. Organized group acitivities. You can either book individual rooms or one of the twenty-four mosquito net beds in a large outdoor building. This hostel is not in the heart of Pai, but offers a quiet, relaxing mountain feel. Motorbike/scooter rental recommended. GREAT hostel. 10/10

Although the atmosphere is great and the place is really authentic, I felt the cleanliness wasn't up to scratch. There are three female toilets between 20 girls and the toilets barely got cleaned once a day. When you can't flush paper down he loo the bins become over flowed which I think is gross. There are no fans in the room which I feel is necessary as its gets ridiculously hot durin he day. The blankets you are given aren't clean and have no covers on them. However he surrounding are pretty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4