Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

Despite the location being slightly out of the way of the main walking street, this hostel had an amazing vibe with many chill bars in walking distance and a great chill area where you meet a lot of people! The staff are friendly and organised a BBQ and you can also rent bikes from here which was fun for my first time driving around Pai with lots of other people. Will defiantly return to Pai and stay here at some point it has been one of my favourite hostels due to the amount of people and vibe

location is lovely. the bamboo bedroom and washrooms also lovely. the first night I was kept awake but loud music but was alright. the second night my bed sheets and blanket had been taken? And the office was shut so couldn't do anything about it. then people smoking weed in the beds opposite me and at 4am woke up by some people screaming and running around the bedroom. I checked out early. Just annoying people ruined it and my sheets going missing. would have been better with a 24 h office.

Hi Rachel, sorry you had a terrible stay with us. We do feel this review score is unfair as is not to do with our hostel, but our guests. ie drunken and loud. We will be looking into the drug issue as we have a very strict No Drug Policy. Also 24 hour reception is not possible..and not anywhere in Pai. Not sure why your bed sheets went missing unless your name was not on the white board= which may have been cleaned by 12 noon. hope you enjoy rest of your travels.

This is the best place to stay in Pai, and everyone in Pai knows it. Great atmosphere and really clean. Miss you Spicy!

Two things why this place is best for you (1) staffs are friendly (2) atmosphere is both laid-back and humbling. Not for you if you're too worried about your belongings or expecting near the town, or modern facilities.

So far the coolest hostel I've stayed at in terms of setup and vibes. Fab view of the mountains and rice fields from all the hammocks and the common area is a treehouse. Rent a scooter and it's so easy get around Pai, and bring toilet paper as it runs out often. The frogs at night are perfect white noise to fall asleep to and staff is awesome.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Well try get ontop of that TP situation.;)

Completely overrated. The blonde female staff member with the shaved side of her head was rude, treated guests like they were burdens and calling us assholes for trying to pay for a two nights stay with 1000 baht notes. BBQ was good, and the people I met were nice. I just don't think it's worth the hype, and you can get better amenities in town for cheaper.

I am very sorry if I came across as Rude or in any type of ill Manner. I deffinalty do/did not mean to come across is such a way. I was very busy preparing BBQ and was stressed out for personal reasons-yes; Sorry if this made me passive& seem unwilling. Also please i would not have used the word "Asshole(s)"; I may in a passive joking manner said no to breaking 1000(we do to all guests as it is difficult to carry so much change for so many guests). Sorry again, I will try to be more sensitive

I was recommended this place by so many people and it didn't disappoint! I loved the traditional outdoor hut/dorms which had mosquito nets on each bed. I had no issues with there not being fans as it got cold most nights when I stayed there. There are little lockers to store your valuables in each dorm which was more than enough. Would have liked a few more powerpoint though. It had a really chilled and social vibe and the staff members I came across were so friendly and willing to help.

Horribly hot 'rooms' no hot water, no soap for toilets, no toilet paper for toilets after 10am, lack of social activities, lack of security in rooms, beds are uncomfortable. For 50 baht more you can get your own bunagalo in pai. Would not stay here again.

Thanks for your comment, We are sorry you didnt have a great time at our hostel. We would like to address that we DO have hot showers (all 7), & toilet paper is also provided- yes sometimes it runs out but we always try to be ontop and make sure is available. Social activies- very sorry you missed them but weekly we put on a BBQ party, Pub Quiz. Family dinner nights, Beerpong tournaments ect. Heat=Thailand but it just during the day cool at night time- we do plan to add fans soon.

Secluded, but everyone is at the hostel. An amazing experience, and something you won't get in other hostels. Very surprised about how clean it was. Overall, highly recommended

thank you for your review. Hope you have the chance to visit our other hostels on your travels! and hope to see you again soon

I checked in and was shown to the open room by the lady from reception - it all started well until at about 11pm I was woken up by the sound of vomiting coming from beside me. At the time I was very confused but as I looked closer it was the lady that was working there who was also staying in the same room. She vomited on the ground next to my bed also getting my bag. I was not very unimpressed. Very unprofessional for a staff member to do this. I checked out early as that was disgusting!!

Hi Hanna, sorry this happened to you and this ruined your stay... our staff said she appologized many of times and was very embarrased. however we are all human afterall- very sorry this ruined your opinion of our hostel though. hope you enjoy your travels

This hostel was amazing! I loved the rustic, open air feel. It was a great escape and I can't recommend it highly enough!

so this place is a bit rustic when it comes to amenities but its super easy to meet other young travellers and the hostel is great at organizing activities like drinking games to help a solo traveller like me meet others. the people who run it are great and theres a super cute pomeranian that also runs around. only negative is that it is a 15 min walk from town where all the bars and night market is.

One of my favourite places I stayed on my trip. Great common area making it really social and a cool dorm design. 10 minutes walk to town but most people hire scooters so not really an issue. Staff are really helpful. Could have stayed forever.

Thanks Sophie! Wish to have you back with us again in the future!!!! make sure you try visit our other spicy locations too:)

Staff was nice and in English. But I didn't like that you can just walk in to a room without any security. Everyone can just grab your stuff if they want to. You do have a small locker though. Showers and toilets are very basic. The best thing though is that is you come here alone. You will meet a lot of other people.

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL! The common areas which are just covered with a roof are open to the beautiful mountain air and the views were spectacular. There are hammocks to chill in, there are social events at night, and sleeping in the open air dorms with the mosquito nets were the best sleep I had in Thailand. Everyone in Pai who stays at other hostels comes to hang out here during the day and usually end up changing their reservation (if there was space!). Can't wait to return to this hostel & town.

My favorite hostel ever, and i've seen a lot. The 'blond girl' mentioned in previous comments has a name, Ashley, and she is very cool and so sweet. You go girl! She came out with my friends and I one night to a local bar, such a good time. The facilities are beautiful and the location is simply breath taking. The common areas are the best and they really bring people together like nothing i've ever seen. + this place is walking distance to sunset bar. Reserve in advance and come here! :)

The atmosphere is really great here. If you want to meet people, this is the place you can meet them. It's a lot of fun and everyone was very nice. You can also rent your motorbike here very easily. Don't expect to much of your room though, there is no door and you might have some cats or dogs laying in you bed, but that was totally worth it!

My favorite hostel to date. This is the perfect hostel to meet others, especially solo travelers. It has a laid back vibe and is relaxing. Definitely worth the 15 minute walk to the Main Street (or just rent a motorbike and it's a 2 minute drive). Multiple people moved from a different hostel to Spicy while in Pai. The dorms are open and breezy so no AC was not a problem for me. If you go to Pai., stay here!

What a wonderful place! The vibe, the staff, the quirkiness, everything about this hostel was amazing. I would fully recommend it to any solo traveler trying to meet people.

• 13th Jun 2015

The hostel is just okay; atmosphere and location in the countryside sells it. Near a nice pool. Walk into Pai town is easy, but i wouldn't have done it alone at night, so make friends (very easy to do here!). outlets sparse for a 20-person dorm, sinks are outside. mosquito nets over each bed (you're basically sleeping outside) but some have holes, which is pretty bad. no AC or fans. lockers are SMALL. my 28L bag, half-emptied, barely squeezed in. had a nice time but don't know if i'd return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4