Spicypai Backpackers

8.4
Fabulous 1209 Total Reviews

• Peru, Female, 31-40
20th Jun 2017

I like de a lot. You also could meet many interesting people. Nice view☺awesome.

12th Jun 2017

There basically isn't any security at spicy pai as the bungalows are open to the outside and there's no doors anywhere. But that's what makes the atmosphere. Wasn't a problem, just the style of the place. Bungalows were nice and the hammock common area was great. Rarely seems like there was a staff member at the desk but besides that a great hostel.

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017
8.0

Great place to stay, would recommend! Beautiful location and really friendly staff on desk.

7th Jun 2017

Really amazing staff!! And perfect location! A good walk to town and still felt peaceful and had a beautiful view!! Great for meeting other people as well!

• qaddis948562
  • USA, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2017
6.0

Spicy Pai is definitely an interesting experience but it's definitely way too hot to stay there! We were excited to go and experience something new, and we were expecting fans during our stay, but they were broken making it unbearable to sleep in the heat. Also the location is about 10-15 minutes walking from the main area, but you can always rent bikes. And it's definitely not social at all if that's what you're looking for!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2017

Great experience staying here, I really didn't want to leave :(

• madelinemacartney5301
  • USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

Had a great time at Spicy! Definitely good if you like to be outdoors as there is no Aircon and the bungalows are fairly open. Great staff helped us rent our motorbikes. Location is a bit out of town so probably would need a bike to get around. Good time!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th May 2017

Out of all my stays in Thailand my stay at Spicy was my favourite! The main open air hangout area is so great for meeting people. I loved hanging out in the hammocks morning noon and night. I was a little worried about the safety being a 20 year old girl traveling alone, but walking to and from town wasn't sketchy at all, and once you make friends you're never doing it alone. I highly recommend renting a scooter with the hostel also!

28th May 2017

The best part of my entire trip so far. So beautiful, and such a simple place. You're sleeping with the nature but I didn't get a single bug but because of the mosquito nets. Met some amazing people here and was super relaxing and had a great time.

• agnesbenak1112
  • Hungary, Female, 25-30
28th May 2017

I loved SpicyPai!!! The view is stunning, the people I met there were all amazing (we still meet up whenever we can in Asia) and it's just such a cool, relaxing experience. Unique hostel with the bamboo huts, it can be noisy sometimes as you literally hear everything, but it's worth it. I'd stay there again!