Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

LOVE this hostel. Ashley is AMAZING! It's a beautiful location, incredibly easy to meet people, the owners are the best. This hostel made my trip to Pai. Don't say no to the bathroom bar.

Really great atmostphere and an amazing location! It's pretty basic so if you don't like outdoor toilets and showers then maybe don't stay here. I loved it though!

Loved, loved, loved this hostel!!! The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, the hostel was clean and in a great location! Just a short walk to the centre for the bars, restuarants aqnd shops! I would highly recommend this hostel if you want a sociable, party atmosphere!! It was a brilliant price for what you got and i would definately stay here again!!!

loved it and I'm going back

Very poor value for money. The reception staff were cold, unfriendly, and ignored us when we arrived. Owner seems a decent guy though The fact is there are dozens more guesthouses and hostels throughout Pai for the same price that offer a great deal more. The facilities are minimal, very few electricty sockets, a common area that consisted of only a large bare floor, and four hammocks, one of which broke while we were there. No staff to control the guest at night, we were kept up until 4am

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate any and all feedback. Sorry for for any problem that happended while you were staying here,actually we turn the light off after midnight at a common area everynight so people can go to sleep or go out to any bars in town. but there are always some people who come back from bars and start talking or party again even no light .staffs are staying the hostel area too and have to wake up to tell them to be quiet.

Amazing hostel. I've been to hundreds of hostels and this is in my TOP 5!!. Really social, very good for either a group or a solo traveller. Plenty of partying at night, however relaxed in the day. Lots of time in a hammock staring at the beautiful mountains behind it. Staff are amazing and extremely helpful and knowledgable. It's a little out of town maybe a 15min walk into town. I recommend hiring a scooter will defiantly make your stay better. This is by far the best place to stay in Pai..!!!

Honestly the best hostel in Pai or Thailand, had so much fun I didn't want to leave, perfect place to party, relax, meet amazing new people and just have fun I would recommend to anyone that is going to Pai to stay at spicy you won't regret it, I will definitely be back again soon :)

The most social hostel I stayed at in Asia, great communal area with hammocks. Hot showers also! Only downsides- the frogs, and nothing to put on toast except butter, and usually no milk powder for tea (unless you enjoy tea a la ants) so we usually went out for brunch! So cheap tho can't really complain, definitely recommend staying here.

STAY HERE. The atmosphere is so cool! Made some really good friends. You get mozzie nets and there are lockers and toast/coffee/tea in the morning. Whilst we were there they also organised a BBQ which was really social. Such good value for money!

A great hostel, definitely recommended. Amazing atmosphere, epic location in paddy fields and its only 5/10min walk into Pai (the location is worth the walk into town)

SpicyPai is the only hostel i would ever stay at in pai! There is such a friendly atmosphere and is always full of likeminded backpackers. The receptionist May was one of the friendliest people ive met in thailand and greeted every single customer with a smile. Only down side of the hostel is that its pretty noisy (but I can sleep through anything so it didnt really bother me) plus sleep isnt that necessary in pai. Overall a great place to stay! I loved it.

Great place to stay and hang out. Surroundings are beautiful, can't beat that! Very chilled out, common area is great, dorms are nice and if you tuck your mosquito net tightly under the mattress, the bugs won't bother you.

The hostel to stay at to meet people! The walk into town is not very far - as others say. Only about 10-15 minutes.

Accommodations are definitely basic at best- open air bamboo huts and bamboo beds. However, they provide mosquito nets, and bathrooms/ showers were much better than we anticipated. We really enjoyed our stay at spicy pai; it had a cool vibe and was a very social hostel. Also, it was a short walk/ ride into town. Would definitely recommend for backpackers, but you definitely need to rent a motorbike (super cheap) to get around and fully enjoy the scenery pai has to offer.

Really social and fun place to stay for a couple of days. It's literally a bamboo hut in a rice paddy, which makes for a great experience! Loved the hammocks in the common area and the barbecue buffet we had on the Saturday night! A 10-15 minute walk from town, but the front desk can easily organise scooter rentals. A great place to meet people.

Loved the facilities here - were outdoors but felt pretty clean. Great place to meet people. Near to club. Free breakfast wasn't very good.

Best Backpackers in Pai. Don't expect to get much sleep though...

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing atmosphere! The people who stay here are great. This is not the place you want to be if you wish for a quiet night with great sleep. The info they posted kind of hints at this, but the hostel is really in a rice paddy about a 30 min walk outside of town (really fast scooter ride, which they rent from the hostel). As such, there are tons of mosquitos in the rainy season. They provide mosquito nets above every bed, but theres no real doors or windows. Also really loud frogs.

I stayed in the 26 bed dorm and I got no sleep all night. I knew it was a bit of a party hostel which i was looking forward to but people still falling around drunk at 6am throughout the dorm was a bit much for me. If your into that sort of thing I'd say it's good. I marked it down also as there's only one girls shower for the whole place and two toilets. Neither of which were clean. They staff were completely indifferent to the partying all night long.

Really good Hostel! Bid, comfortable and clean! Stay there!