Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

pros: great staff, cool layout, free coffee at breakfast, very social, value for money! cons: stay away if you want to sleep haha. I was unfortunately partied out when I got here and this place does not allow you to sleep. Beds are all interconnected so anytime someone gets in their bed yours shakes as well. Seems to be a bit of a party hostel to as people came back every night I was there loud and drunk at 3 to 4am. If that's your scene, this is your place!

Great atmosphere, loved the place! Easy to meet people.

Great time at spicy pai's! We were there for less than 24hrs but had a great time!

Great staff, fun atmosphere and really good value for your money. Tim

Really cool place to spend a few days! About a 10 minute walk outside of town means that this place is as peaceful as it gets! Lots of cool stuff to do around Pai or just hang out in a hammock and relax. Love the open feel of the place, bathrooms were outdoors, but always clean and stocked! Lockers available to keep your stuff in. Great place to just come and get away from the city.

The place to be in pai if your not here your simply missing out its a complete social hub of backpackers complete with mosquito nets - hallelujah

Very basic but fun hostel and you get to stay in a bamboo house with awesome views. Would recommend to everyone just for the atmosphere!

LOVE this hostel. Ashley is AMAZING! It's a beautiful location, incredibly easy to meet people, the owners are the best. This hostel made my trip to Pai. Don't say no to the bathroom bar.

Really great atmostphere and an amazing location! It's pretty basic so if you don't like outdoor toilets and showers then maybe don't stay here. I loved it though!

You don´t go to Pai to be in the city, This hostel is amazingly located just a 10 minute walk from the city in the country side. For 150 baht, you get an amazing outdoor experience. Only complaint is breakfast..... the bread runs out early and the bannanas weren´t ripe and the tea was gone by 9. But most people went into town for a nice breakfast later.

Loved, loved, loved this hostel!!! The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, the hostel was clean and in a great location! Just a short walk to the centre for the bars, restuarants aqnd shops! I would highly recommend this hostel if you want a sociable, party atmosphere!! It was a brilliant price for what you got and i would definately stay here again!!!

loved it and I'm going back

great looking place among the rice field , don't go here if u want a quiet night , breakfast a included I would mention it on the booking site , slightly far from centre and no lighting at night

Very poor value for money. The reception staff were cold, unfriendly, and ignored us when we arrived. Owner seems a decent guy though The fact is there are dozens more guesthouses and hostels throughout Pai for the same price that offer a great deal more. The facilities are minimal, very few electricty sockets, a common area that consisted of only a large bare floor, and four hammocks, one of which broke while we were there. No staff to control the guest at night, we were kept up until 4am

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate any and all feedback. Sorry for for any problem that happended while you were staying here,actually we turn the light off after midnight at a common area everynight so people can go to sleep or go out to any bars in town. but there are always some people who come back from bars and start talking or party again even no light .staffs are staying the hostel area too and have to wake up to tell them to be quiet.

very nice view around the hostel but quite far from the center(its okay if u rent a bike or scooter).very friendly and helpful staff.

Amazing hostel. I've been to hundreds of hostels and this is in my TOP 5!!. Really social, very good for either a group or a solo traveller. Plenty of partying at night, however relaxed in the day. Lots of time in a hammock staring at the beautiful mountains behind it. Staff are amazing and extremely helpful and knowledgable. It's a little out of town maybe a 15min walk into town. I recommend hiring a scooter will defiantly make your stay better. This is by far the best place to stay in Pai..!!!

Honestly the best hostel in Pai or Thailand, had so much fun I didn't want to leave, perfect place to party, relax, meet amazing new people and just have fun I would recommend to anyone that is going to Pai to stay at spicy you won't regret it, I will definitely be back again soon :)

The most social hostel I stayed at in Asia, great communal area with hammocks. Hot showers also! Only downsides- the frogs, and nothing to put on toast except butter, and usually no milk powder for tea (unless you enjoy tea a la ants) so we usually went out for brunch! So cheap tho can't really complain, definitely recommend staying here.

STAY HERE. The atmosphere is so cool! Made some really good friends. You get mozzie nets and there are lockers and toast/coffee/tea in the morning. Whilst we were there they also organised a BBQ which was really social. Such good value for money!

A great hostel, definitely recommended. Amazing atmosphere, epic location in paddy fields and its only 5/10min walk into Pai (the location is worth the walk into town)