Spicypai Backpackers Reviews

291 Moo1,T. Mae Hee A. Pai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Thailand

Spicy Pai was by far the Hostel I stayed at! It is very basic, but you don't need much if you go Backpacking, have a good vibe in the hostel and basically sleep in a rice field! The tree house style beds have mosquito nets and it was a great experience to stay there. People come and go, but the atmosphere was always great. The common area with hammocks was very open and welcoming and the small restaurant behind had delicious food. The fact that many ppl extended their stay says it all!

Very sociable place, great hostel for meeting people. The setting is pretty cool as well. Amazing views from the hostel bar and lounging areas. Easy to end up at this place for longer than initially intended.

We extended our stay for two more nights! It's really clean for bamboo houses in the nature! And yeah it's sounds terrible to sleep with 25 other people in one dorm! But it's not! It's all kind a open and every single bed has it own Miskito net. A really good atmosphere and vibe in this hostel! Next to the hostel is a little bar! They play music till 11.30 pm. Good food and drinks...and quiet cheap! Would definitely recommend this hostel! And definitely gona stay there again!

Absoloutley loved my stay here, its a must if you're going to pai! Hope I get the chance to visit again!

Great hostel, walking distance from everything, perfect place to meet people

Amazing hostel, sociable because of the 26 bed dorm, incredible atmosphere had the best few days of my whole trip in thailand there.

You get what you pay for. Beds are comfy and have mosquito nets, showers aren't too dirty but people hang their clothes and shower items along the walls. The best parts about the hostel are the common room and location. Although it is a five min drive on motorbike from the city, there's a great view and people are always hanging out in the common room.

• 13th Aug 2015

This place is amazing!!! It's a little on the rustic side in terms of look but the atmosphere is second to none... Real chilled out ace to meet lots of fun people!!

Good experience, if you want to experience living in a bamboo hut this is the place. Lovely views. Lovely people. Everyone got invloved. Def would reccomend to people.

Spicy is amazing! The atmosphere was relaxed and everyone was friendly. My favorite thing to do was hang out in a hammock in the loft and enjoy the beautiful view. The staff will help with whatever you need, and Oasis has amazing food!

It's all about the atmosphere at this hostel! Everyone is so friendly, there are always activities going on (cooking classes, BBQs)--it really feels like a community and it's a great place to meet other backpackers. The hostel is a bit outside of town which I preferred as well-it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Hi thanks so much for your review.. hope you enjoy rest of your travels and hope you can visit again sooon! Spicyteam

The idea of this place is pretty cool but in reality I think it hasn't been kept particularly well. The shower facilities weren't the best and the dorms are starting to age - bits of wood rotting away and the roof doesn't seem that well sealed, the beds constantly felt damp as did your belongings. The location is great and lots of people to meet but I think that's about the best things going for it.

Great place to stay - shame we couldn't be there for longer

Despite the location being slightly out of the way of the main walking street, this hostel had an amazing vibe with many chill bars in walking distance and a great chill area where you meet a lot of people! The staff are friendly and organised a BBQ and you can also rent bikes from here which was fun for my first time driving around Pai with lots of other people. Will defiantly return to Pai and stay here at some point it has been one of my favourite hostels due to the amount of people and vibe

Amazing hostel. Incredible scenery, owners, social vibe, helpfulness and accessibility. Also the sleeping areas were rustic and cute.

location is lovely. the bamboo bedroom and washrooms also lovely. the first night I was kept awake but loud music but was alright. the second night my bed sheets and blanket had been taken? And the office was shut so couldn't do anything about it. then people smoking weed in the beds opposite me and at 4am woke up by some people screaming and running around the bedroom. I checked out early. Just annoying people ruined it and my sheets going missing. would have been better with a 24 h office.

Hi Rachel, sorry you had a terrible stay with us. We do feel this review score is unfair as is not to do with our hostel, but our guests. ie drunken and loud. We will be looking into the drug issue as we have a very strict No Drug Policy. Also 24 hour reception is not possible..and not anywhere in Pai. Not sure why your bed sheets went missing unless your name was not on the white board= which may have been cleaned by 12 noon. hope you enjoy rest of your travels.

So the mattresses are hard and your feet will never be clean. A few changes would transform the place and it would be cleaner. But this place is great because of the atmosphere and people. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Pai. You need a motorbike to do anything. Wish there was a few more pillows and seats in raised communal area, but the area above the restaurant is also awesome. Great food and drink prices. Staff are incredible. Booked for 3 nights and stayed for 6!

Place was uniquely awesome...not another hostel like spicy pai...sleeping in the middle of rice fields in a tree fort with the mountain breeze flowing in and the fogs to ease me to sleep....BEST SLEEP I HAD IN THAILAND. It's all open but you have a great big mosquito net so I didn't get one bite at night sleeping!

This is the best place to stay in Pai, and everyone in Pai knows it. Great atmosphere and really clean. Miss you Spicy!

Two things why this place is best for you (1) staffs are friendly (2) atmosphere is both laid-back and humbling. Not for you if you're too worried about your belongings or expecting near the town, or modern facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5