Spicytao Backpackers Reviews

25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan, Koh Tao, Thailand

You must be a fool if you don't check that place out. A few tears were drippling from my eyes when I left. Might be the wind on my face though. I'm still trying to find the best adjectiv I could use to discribe the awesomeness of this place. I never write any comment about my staying in an hostel, because I reckon everybody has his own interpretation of what he lives, but it's the kind of place that you might find after death... Whatever people tell you, it's only 5 min away from the main Street

Do not stay here. No working shower or toilet, you have to use a bucket. Bed is rock hard and room smelt. Before we arrived we got told a drunk man urinated in the room and this is all we could smell.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very nice common area and nice atmosphere to meet plenty of people and nice to have a free breakfast (toasts,jam and butter and some coffee ^^). Only problem is that I couldn't stay in the dorm because of bed bugs but the staff took serious measures and shut it down immediately : that's how you can tell people who really care ! Again many thanks and continue like that!

We got recommended to come here due to the atmosphere! They were right, we met some awesome people and the staff here are wicked. The showers are bucket showers and the toilets didn't work properly but if you're not fussed about that kind of thing then it's not an issue. It's worth paying more for AC as some people were saying their fan dorms are too hot.

If you're looking to meet cool people to go out with this is the place for you. But if your looking for luxury it's definitely not

I looooooooove spicy. Not a single negative comment to add

Nice place. I liked that it was a bit away from the senter and all the drunken tourists. Most of the staff were really lovely. With an exeption of one american girl who yelled at us for not checking out in time. But we all have our grumpy days/weeks i suppose.. And if you don't mind bucketshowers. I don't!

Favorite hostel! I dont mind a bit of cold showers or whatever, when the atmosphere at the hostel is so good! People paying music all day! (The guy working there is good at playing). The common room is made for meeting people! Best place if you are traveling alone. I've been there two years in a row, and I've meet several people staying there at has already been there before.. Cause you just have to get back ;)

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Really good place to meet people! There is a social area which contains a tv and hundreds of dvds to watch. Is a bit out of the way but only takes 5mins to walk into the town. Would 100% stay here again. Staff were lovely. Facilities are very basic but if you are fine with that then you will really enjoy yourself

After staying in what I thought was going to be a reasonably priced hostel for 3 nights, i would definitely NOT stay here as a trip to the pharmacy was necessary after being eaten alive by BED BUGS in mixed fan dorm. Tried to email the staff to let them know so try could avoid this issue with other travellers but their lack of reply meant a review was necessary. Also the staff aren't friendly and the breakfast was terrible- just bread before 9am which was left and covered in ants! Unacceptable!

• 10th May 2014

Hi Alex, We're really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us but I must contradict your review. It is incredibly unlikely that you have been bitten by bed bugs, as we have had not one other account of a guest being bitten. If we had an issue with bed bugs it would be treated and sorted immediately. I must mention that it can be very damaging to a business to use the words 'bed bugs' particularly when it's a false accusation. Also unfortunately we haven't received any email from you.

Great staff however.. Rooms were dirty a the water didn't work at all so no chance of shower or flushing the toilet. Was constantly told the water would be fixed but it wasn't. Cheap beer.

Far from city center and youvan find cheaper places for better conditions. They promaised breakfast which was never there...