Spicytao Backpackers Reviews

25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan, Koh Tao, Thailand

Far from the beach, hard to find your was back and easy to get lost. we booked a room with aircon and yet we were told we had to have one with a fan. Not okay. Then we we given out bed linen and told to make our own beds, I've stayed in a lot of hostels before and have never had to do that. After a 20 hour journey I just wanted a shower, unfortunately there is no electricity during the day so I was unable to shower. We abruptly left and found a guesthouse next to the beach for the same price

• 23rd Jan 2015

Amazing location just a short walk to the beach! Dorms are clean and lockers are provided! Great atmosphere with a great chill out area, cheap beers and perfect for solo travellers to meet people. Booked one night and ended up extended up staying 5! Would definitely recommend and will defiantly come back next time I'm in Koh Tao

After staying in a lot of Hostels I learned to value atmosphere. And this hostel is all about atmospher. Very delightful place with great people around. Facilities are OK. Nice Bungalow dorm resort . Little far from main road (ca. 10 minutes walk) but this makes the hostel so perfect for chillout :-) A lot of possibilities to come together like watching movies, having card games, having a beer or joining all you can eat BBQ Parties. Simply Nice :-)

It wasn't the cleanest hostel, or at the best location, but the atmosphere made it all seem just minor faults. The best hostel so far. I strongly recommend staying at Spicytao!

The staff is great and the environment is awesome. This is the place to stay if you want to meet people. It's a bit of a walk from town, 5-10 minutes. There's nowhere close by to get food, you have to go to town, though there is a kitchen so you can cook if you want. It's a bit rustic, kind of an outdoors atmosphere, so don't expect one large facility with everything inside. Overall a cool place. Definitely the best value in town, and no question it's the best place to meet new people!

The atmosphere was really Nice and social. Location is not too bad, 10 min. walk from center/beach. It is in the dark however; solo girls may not like this. The hostel is very cheap. However, that is no excuse for the State of the rooms: disgusting. I have been in many hostels so I don't expect any luxury but this was too much. Dirty floors, matresses, even the sheets. There is a cat which smells sick and always sits on the beds/pillows. The dorm Doors don't lock so it's hard to keep it out

The staff really put in the effort to make sure everybody has a great stay with events and games every night!

Love this hostel and Spicy. The staff is amazing and there is free coffee/tea/toast in the morning and drinking water (by donation). It is a 10 minute walk out of town but the location allows a better atmosphere in the hostel and it's more in the woods of koh tao instead of just on the street. I guarantee you will extend your stay at least once when you arrive. Thanks Spicy for the great experience!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Free breakfast, friendly staff and and amazing family spicy atmosphere! This is a good place to make friends if you are travelling alone...I'll be coming back here if I ever visit koh tao again!

Out the way, no locks on dorm, hard bed, bucket shower, looked dirty, not a place I would ever stay

You must be a fool if you don't check that place out. A few tears were drippling from my eyes when I left. Might be the wind on my face though. I'm still trying to find the best adjectiv I could use to discribe the awesomeness of this place. I never write any comment about my staying in an hostel, because I reckon everybody has his own interpretation of what he lives, but it's the kind of place that you might find after death... Whatever people tell you, it's only 5 min away from the main Street

Do not stay here. No working shower or toilet, you have to use a bucket. Bed is rock hard and room smelt. Before we arrived we got told a drunk man urinated in the room and this is all we could smell.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very nice common area and nice atmosphere to meet plenty of people and nice to have a free breakfast (toasts,jam and butter and some coffee ^^). Only problem is that I couldn't stay in the dorm because of bed bugs but the staff took serious measures and shut it down immediately : that's how you can tell people who really care ! Again many thanks and continue like that!

We got recommended to come here due to the atmosphere! They were right, we met some awesome people and the staff here are wicked. The showers are bucket showers and the toilets didn't work properly but if you're not fussed about that kind of thing then it's not an issue. It's worth paying more for AC as some people were saying their fan dorms are too hot.

If you're looking to meet cool people to go out with this is the place for you. But if your looking for luxury it's definitely not

I looooooooove spicy. Not a single negative comment to add