Spicytao Backpackers Reviews

25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan, Koh Tao, Thailand

The staff really put in the effort to make sure everybody has a great stay with events and games every night!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Free breakfast, friendly staff and and amazing family spicy atmosphere! This is a good place to make friends if you are travelling alone...I'll be coming back here if I ever visit koh tao again!

Out the way, no locks on dorm, hard bed, bucket shower, looked dirty, not a place I would ever stay

You must be a fool if you don't check that place out. A few tears were drippling from my eyes when I left. Might be the wind on my face though. I'm still trying to find the best adjectiv I could use to discribe the awesomeness of this place. I never write any comment about my staying in an hostel, because I reckon everybody has his own interpretation of what he lives, but it's the kind of place that you might find after death... Whatever people tell you, it's only 5 min away from the main Street

Do not stay here. No working shower or toilet, you have to use a bucket. Bed is rock hard and room smelt. Before we arrived we got told a drunk man urinated in the room and this is all we could smell.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very nice common area and nice atmosphere to meet plenty of people and nice to have a free breakfast (toasts,jam and butter and some coffee ^^). Only problem is that I couldn't stay in the dorm because of bed bugs but the staff took serious measures and shut it down immediately : that's how you can tell people who really care ! Again many thanks and continue like that!

We got recommended to come here due to the atmosphere! They were right, we met some awesome people and the staff here are wicked. The showers are bucket showers and the toilets didn't work properly but if you're not fussed about that kind of thing then it's not an issue. It's worth paying more for AC as some people were saying their fan dorms are too hot.

If you're looking to meet cool people to go out with this is the place for you. But if your looking for luxury it's definitely not

I looooooooove spicy. Not a single negative comment to add

Nice place. I liked that it was a bit away from the senter and all the drunken tourists. Most of the staff were really lovely. With an exeption of one american girl who yelled at us for not checking out in time. But we all have our grumpy days/weeks i suppose.. And if you don't mind bucketshowers. I don't!