7.8
Very Good 321 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 321 Total Reviews
Spicytao Backpackers Located at 25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan, Koh Tao.
Thailand
Koh Tao 84360 25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan
78% 321
10.1003390 99.8342013
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
2.0

I wouldn't recommend anyone to make a booking with this place as they don't have trained staff which then may end up to no booking. We had booked one month in advance to be sure we have somewhere to stay when we arrive to Koh Tao but that didn't happen. we arrived and the lady at the reception said she wasn't working that day of us booking it so the other person forgot to write it down on the system so we had no booking at the place.

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
7.7

We arrived quite late after having done the full moon party, the staff were kinda rude but very helpful. The beds are uncomfortable and our bathroom had such an unpleasant smell we could barely go in but the atmosphere was great with a nice hangout area and you'll meet some lovely people. It's also a bit out from the main beach so nice and quiet but only five minutes walk so you won't miss out. We only had one night booked and hoped to stay for longer but they were fully booked.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Jun 2016

Spicytao was my favourite place that I stayed in Thailand, although the location is a 10 minute walk from the beach don't let it out you off as it is an idyllic location despite this. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and also run events such as bbqs and day trips. This is a very social hostel with an outdoor communal area where there are always people there looking to meet others whilst drinking cheap beer. Highly recommend spicytao!

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2016
8.0

Great hostel for meeting people, I was traveling solo and met a tonne of people I've seen again on my trip. Staff are friendly and helpful, organised parties and activities etc, and the cats are super cute! I stayed in a fan dorm and it was very basic but for the price, for me, it did the job. The mattresses were fine for me to sleep on, even with a bruised back from a bike accident. A few things could do with a tidy/fix up that would make a big difference - like the mozzie doors on the dorm

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Jun 2016
7.7

Amazing place the staff make it. Very fun social and relaxed but the security and all round cleanliness lacks abit but you move past that very quickly and so cheap!

• British Virgin Islands, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016

Favorite hostel from my whole trip! Definitely recommend, if you're fine with basic facilities, great atmosphere and a 10 minute walk to the 7/11 then this is the place for you. Outside area is fantastic and location is great, hidden in the trees there is privacy and quiet!

30th May 2016
7.1

This is the kind of place you should stay if you are willing to put up with a lot in exchange for a great location and an even better atmosphere. This place was extremely dirty, really hot, and the bathroom was broken one of the nights I was there. However, people at this hostel are friendlier than any other hostel that I've stayed at, they have free breakfast and it's about a 15 minute walk to the beach.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
29th May 2016

Really nice hostel for nature lovers. If you prefere luxury than you should go somewhere else. If you like nature and a dschungle feeling - that's your place to go. Really nice chilling and meeting up area, good music and you can use their kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay here. The next time on koh Tao I will definitely come back

• joejcyril2109
  • India, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016
7.7

It's apparently the cheapest good hostel. Set in this amazing hilly compound. The free breakfast is decent. There are good lockers available. Bathrooms can be cleaner. WiFi only in the common area (which is fine). It's a bit away from the main areas and the pier. I rented a scooter all throughout (200 B - Auto Ride) I liked it Cuz unlike most other hostels it was in a nice secluded green area. You should stay here :-)

20th May 2016

My time at Spicy Tao was amazing, this has been the best hostel hands down. The atmosphere and the staff are incredible. Tyrone will go out of his way for the guest and he also throws awesome parties at the hostel. I can't recommend this place enough ! -Eden