Spicytao Backpackers Reviews

25 M.1 T. Koh Tao A., Koh Pra Ngan, Koh Tao, Thailand

I've stayed here multiple times. Amazing vibe and can meet other backpackers very easily. Highly recommend.

Great hostel, loved staying here. Its only a 10 minute walk to the beach and in a nice quiet location. Good social area too to meet others staying here.

Had a nice little stay. Everything on Spicytao is not perfect but the great hang out and atmosphere is what you remember from the stay :-)

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Far from the beach, hard to find your was back and easy to get lost. we booked a room with aircon and yet we were told we had to have one with a fan. Not okay. Then we we given out bed linen and told to make our own beds, I've stayed in a lot of hostels before and have never had to do that. After a 20 hour journey I just wanted a shower, unfortunately there is no electricity during the day so I was unable to shower. We abruptly left and found a guesthouse next to the beach for the same price

• 23rd Jan 2015

Amazing location just a short walk to the beach! Dorms are clean and lockers are provided! Great atmosphere with a great chill out area, cheap beers and perfect for solo travellers to meet people. Booked one night and ended up extended up staying 5! Would definitely recommend and will defiantly come back next time I'm in Koh Tao

After staying in a lot of Hostels I learned to value atmosphere. And this hostel is all about atmospher. Very delightful place with great people around. Facilities are OK. Nice Bungalow dorm resort . Little far from main road (ca. 10 minutes walk) but this makes the hostel so perfect for chillout :-) A lot of possibilities to come together like watching movies, having card games, having a beer or joining all you can eat BBQ Parties. Simply Nice :-)

It wasn't the cleanest hostel, or at the best location, but the atmosphere made it all seem just minor faults. The best hostel so far. I strongly recommend staying at Spicytao!

The staff is great and the environment is awesome. This is the place to stay if you want to meet people. It's a bit of a walk from town, 5-10 minutes. There's nowhere close by to get food, you have to go to town, though there is a kitchen so you can cook if you want. It's a bit rustic, kind of an outdoors atmosphere, so don't expect one large facility with everything inside. Overall a cool place. Definitely the best value in town, and no question it's the best place to meet new people!

Great staff, and the communal area is great to chill out and meet people. ALWAYS use the lockers for your valuables!! Especially if you are in the dorms further away from the reception. Our dorm was robbed one evening (he didnt get much). He must have been hiding in the trees watching the dorm for a while, waiting for everyone to leave. There are no locks on the dorm doors. However, I would stay here again as its super chilled out and the staff are always friendly and willing to help.

The atmosphere was really Nice and social. Location is not too bad, 10 min. walk from center/beach. It is in the dark however; solo girls may not like this. The hostel is very cheap. However, that is no excuse for the State of the rooms: disgusting. I have been in many hostels so I don't expect any luxury but this was too much. Dirty floors, matresses, even the sheets. There is a cat which smells sick and always sits on the beds/pillows. The dorm Doors don't lock so it's hard to keep it out

The staff really put in the effort to make sure everybody has a great stay with events and games every night!

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing By far the best hostel I have stayed at whilst travelling. The staff made me feel welcome before I even got to the check in desk & I felt like I had known them years. Before I even got to the room I met people in the Common area. The hostel organise group meal nights so everyone sits together, no one was alone or in their own groups. The rooms weren't the cleanest but I do blame that more on the backpackers as the cleaner did clean everyday. Great Hostel :-)

Love this hostel and Spicy. The staff is amazing and there is free coffee/tea/toast in the morning and drinking water (by donation). It is a 10 minute walk out of town but the location allows a better atmosphere in the hostel and it's more in the woods of koh tao instead of just on the street. I guarantee you will extend your stay at least once when you arrive. Thanks Spicy for the great experience!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Free breakfast, friendly staff and and amazing family spicy atmosphere! This is a good place to make friends if you are travelling alone...I'll be coming back here if I ever visit koh tao again!

Out the way, no locks on dorm, hard bed, bucket shower, looked dirty, not a place I would ever stay