Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This place is not the most comfortable. Nor the cleanest. But has a great atmosphere and is probably the most fun hostel in chiang mai. I would definitely stay there again.

This is absolutely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is absolutely amazing and the stuff is super nice. The daily activities made it easy to enjoy Chiang Mai properly. Everything was awesome except for the lack of hot showers. If you turn the pressure down, you can get it warm, which was okay. If you want a great time in Chiang Mai, stay here!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Loved spicy thai! The beds/pillows were a bit hard/lumpy but other than that it was great! The shower/toilets were separate from the dormitories, and were always clean and well maintained. The best part about the hostel was that it was super social and had daily activities for you to get to know everyone/a great common area that also facilitated that. Overall really enjoyed our stay. The only thing that would really improve spicy thai is their beds/pillows.

• 23rd Feb 2015

It really great. i was the only Chinese over there,everyone so nice and teach me english.will never forget the Chinese NewYear party.my team was champion by my cheat...:-)

It is an awesome experience to stay at Spicy Thai. You will find a second family there, very helpful and welcoming staff, good beds, breakfast for free and an atmosphere that you won't find anywhere else in Chiang Mai - What more could you wish for as a backpacker?!

• 10th Feb 2015

This hostel came very highly recommended by many people and while I did enjoy it I found it overrated. The kitchen was nice though.

Kinda outside the Old Town centre, but easy to walk if you don't want to take a taxi on your own. Everyone very inviting and the atmosphere is very relaxed. People left cellphones and other things left plugged in around the house and no one had any complaints about theft while I was there. Activities everyday to promote getting to know other hostel-stayers as well as fairly priced.

Great social hostel! Activities every night. Noom and Chris do a great job. Keep it u

Best place in Chian Mai

What it loses in location. It makes up for in atmosphere Helpful staff and a lot of team hostel events

Stay here!! Most social & fun hostel I've stayed at, so good if you are travelling solo. The staff are amazing and daily activities are organized for the hostel which can be a welcome break from super touristy activities. The post - bowling day at the lake was my favorite day in chiang mai :) Showers are pretty cold, but totally worth dealing with it haha

One of the most fun hostels I have stayed in. Activities every day and the staff are really fun!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Wish I could rate more for atmosphere and staff. Chris, Tim and the little Chinese man (inside joke) were just the best. Noom was great, took us out to his town for a Muay Thai boxing festival. Showed us what food to eat and what to drink. Chris and Tim took us out to the local pool and we had a huge all you can eat BBQ one night. They were constantly making sure we had something to do. Made some really good friends here. Wish I hadn't left. I miss you Goldie.

This is one of the best places I've stayed for lone travelling. You enter the hostel and think everyone knows each other but they don't they have just met! Chris and Tim also organise really good value trips and it's great to meet other staying at the hostel. Although out of the main square, you can easily walk in and at night it's cheap to get back. I love the honesty bar too, nice touch! Only negative is cold showers but you get used to it quickly!!

Staff were great at organising activities so a great place to meet people

rrific atmosphere, perfect for meeting other travellers. Facilities and bedding were clean, staff were helpful and friendly (even took us on a day trip hiking up Doi Sutep free of charge!) and the location is an easy walk from the old city so not really an issue. There's free toast for breakfast or (really good) cooked food for a small price. Only (minor) nitpick was that the showers were cold, but other than that I had a brilliant stay, highly recommended!

good atmosphere, good staff & good food!!

My favorite hostel in Thailand. Amazing staff and a great building make for a great stay.If I come back to Thailand I'll definitely stay here again.

Spicythai's got the best atmosphere! People are always talking to each other - great for who's traveling alone. They promote activities everyday (written on a white board so everybody can see) and it makes people get together as well. Great idea! Noom is the guy, really nice person! I've got some rides with their transportation (they often go to a nice lake) as tons of help. Hot shower (just downstairs). Bed and pillow not so good. Small lockers. The location is not a problem! Cheers!!!

Tim, Rob, Chris, Goldie and the little Chinese guy (they told me to say that, I'm not racist, really) were amazing, I had so much fun-best hostel I've stayed at by a long way...so much so I didnt even bother going to Pai!

• 30th Dec 2014