Fabulous 1,253 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,253 Total Reviews
Spicythai Backpackers Located at 14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50200 14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang
83% 1253
18.7984339 98.9801216
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2016

First time ever going solo travelling and this was the first hostel I stayed at. Within 30 minutes of being here, I was chatting to others staying there, and the staff are super cool too. It's very social and chill. Theres activities like bowling or a cabaret show or a night market that are planned pretty much every evening that you can opt into if you want. Staff are super knowledgable on stuff to do in and around Chiang Mai and will book you onto anything and sort transport if you just ask :)

• Cape Verde, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016

Loved it. Location meant that everything was walking distance from the hostel. Clean, friendly, and a great social atmosphere.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016

This was the best hostel ever!

• France, Female, 18-24
7.7

Amazing staff!!!! so helpful and so nice! they give good advice and help to arrange activities and buses (even if the night bus they booked for me was not comfy at all, but it is not their fault !) Rooms are ok, clean. The big bathroom is a plus. But I am a little disappointed by the atmosphere. I think I wasn't lucky but the social atmosphere promised in the past reviews wasn't really one. No night activities during the 3 nights I spent there... But I met nice people anyway! Thanks Spicythai

8th Aug 2016

This is an extremely great hostel for solo travelers. The hostel is small enough that you are easily able to make friends. There is a big table in the common area, and each night everyone would gather around it with drinks and then the whole group would go out together. It is a little bit out of the main hustle and bustle of Old City, but transportation in Chiang Mai is so cheap that it does not make much of a difference. I recommended this hostel to everyone in Thailand.

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

I totally fell in love with this hostel. I never give a perfect score, but this hostel really deserves it! It is by far the best one I have been to in Thailand! The atmosphere is amazing, everybody is very social, the rooms and bathrooms are really clean and the staff is so friendly and amusing. This might be the reason I came back here after going to Pai and I am definitely coming back here again!

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2016

Really like spicythai! It was my second hostel in Chiang mai. Really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The bathrooms are really nice- absolutely huge! Mattress could have been a bit better but who cares really? I got a tuk tuk most places, it's way easier to do that in Chiang mai cos all the places you want to go are spread out but the transport isn't expensive. Hostel where good at booking transport and arranging group activities for anyone that wanted to join in. Would recommend this place!

28th May 2016

Awesome place and you will meet awesome people. They will tell you about chiang Mai and have all sorts of connections for things to do around chiang Mai like the elephant tour (please visit only the non riding elephant sanctuaries!). Awesome place and I will be staying again when I head back there

14th May 2016
2.9

Stayed here for 1 night. Common room was good for meeting people. The staff were short with us and not very inviting. Facilities could have been a lot cleaner (rooms/bathroom/common area). Location was not great, but close to a 7-11. Was not given a key as there are no locks on the doors. In my entire month stay in Thailand, this hostel was the worst I stayed in.

Hey, we usually do not reply to the reviews here on Hostelworld but your review definitely caught our eye. We are very concerned about your experience here at Spicythai. We would like to apologize to you first of all. We like to make sure everyone enjoys our hostel and also the great city of Chiang Mai. We have read your review carefully and would like to let you know that the facilities have been up kept to the best of our cleaning service(s) ability. As for you know that it is hard to keep a hostel clean due to the high amount of people coming and going at times. If the cleanliness of the hostel was not up to your standards, I am sorry. Also I would like to talk to you about the location and the security of the hostel. I know this has been a problem with some travelers coming to the hostel. The location I cannot change or improve to standards that some people want. Although our Spicy Hostels are all outside of major areas because we want you to have a more local experience being immersed into a local neighbourhood/culture. But that 7-11 near us is a pretty amazing place for toasties! We have great shops, local food (some of the best in Chiang Mai, in my opinion) and local malls and Muay Thai gyms in the area. As for the security, we offer lockers for people to lock valuables in. We have never had an issue with theft and we are always on site to make sure people feel safe and that personal property is respected. Lastly I wanted to touch on your opinion about the staff. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the staff we employ here. These people are human as well and have good days and bad days, just like you and me. So if they were not inviting or rude, I apologize for that. Our staff always like to put on something every night for the people at the hostel, to enjoy the activities here in Chiang Mai. Out of everyone that has written a review (A good or bad one) you have been the first person to say these things about the staff we employ here. People who have left reviews about our hostel have had great experiences with our hostel staff. We try to employ friendly and outgoing staff to make peoples experience a good one. Most people decide to stay longer here in Chiang Mai because they're having such a great time. Unfortunately you weren't able to give us more than 14hrs to prove how amazing our city and hostel can be. Hopefully your next stay here in Chiang Mai is more of a pleasant one. Regards, Spicy Staff

• England, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016

if you are a lone traveler, spicy thai is the place to be.. you'll make new friends in no time! Huw- a member of the staff is a great craic, he bring everyone together and creates the best atmosphere, legend. Definitely recommend this hostel for a social vibe

Thank you so much for your amazing review! Spicy is probably one of the best hostels for solo backpackers. We pride ourselves on our social atmosphere. That Huw guy is a great guy for sure, we are lucky to have him here.