Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great place, going back in couple of days :) highly recomended

Great atmosphere and staff! Great events! But the hostel is quite out of the way which was a bit annoying. Also dorms are a bit squishy but not really a problem

This was my first hostel experience but what a great start! This hostel is great for meeting people and they organise activities too, evening and day! The staff are brilliant and made everyone very welcome, they were also full of information too so were great if we had any questions. I would definitely recommend this place and would go back if I return to Chang Mai!

• 7th Dec 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel. I was a bit nervous at first about staying here. Then as soon as I walked in, I was welcomed personally and asked If I would like to bowl later that night, which I did. Anyways, I met about 15 guests that night who were really really cool. I also booked another night here for my last stay instead of other hostel which I already paid for since I had such a good time. Highly suggest.

• 1st Dec 2014

Great place to meet people amazing atmosphere. You won't want to leave!

Very social place if traveling alone, staff is amazing, they set up all different events for each day, ie hangover at pool, thai 101, drunk bowling night ect. Showers lacked any hot water and location isn't great but that is the spicy brand staying outside the center of the city.

The staff were so wonderful- they really helped us get everything we needed, from giving recommendations on things to do, providing group activities through the hostel, hailing taxis for us, etc. Thanks spicy thai for making us feel at home!

This is a great hostel if you're looking to meet people. The first night I was there they arranged a bowling outing which about 25 people signed up for. It was some of the worst bowling I've seen, I'm not sure if anyone broke 100, but it was lots of fun.

A tad out of the way, but hardly a bother. Extremely accommodating

Nice place :)

One of my favorite hostels in Thailand, a great place to meet people, or just relax. Tons of movies on the TV (really an incredible amount), which is playing most of the day, so really easy to sit back and zone out for a while if you've been on the move too much. Big main table, just sit down and join the conversation and it's easy to make new friends. Laid back staff, but always willing to help, a fridge full of beer and and tons of street food stalls nearby. Thanks Tim, Noom and Chris!

• 11th Nov 2014

Great stay and staff pretty helpful. Great that they organize a tour or event each day. location is accessible to the main city but a decent 15/20 minutes to anything of note although a mall is within 5 minutes.

The nicest staff and the best atmosphere from everywhere I've been. Wish I could have spent longer here.. Make sure you go out to group activities with everyone, best social hostel in all of the land!!

I did meet some nice people during my time here but found the atmosphere to be quite cliquey/intimidating. Most employees only seem interested in the main crowd. There is not a lot of space in the girls' dorm at all and only one plug to share between everyone. Saying that, they organise fun activities every evening which are good for breaking the ice. Next time I would choose hostel for same price in more central area however.

Excellent extra miles by the staffs... we made our own huge traditional fireworks... also did out of the beaten path experience by joining local villagers' ceremony... Location is in the middle of everything... very close to the old city. Property is spacious and comfy... Free transport from hostel to night market... Definitely an excellent place to stay in Chiang Mai. Thank u Tim, Noom and Rob! U guys are great

This is by far the best place I have stayed. Always such a good time, so many cool people to meet. Really social, laid back atmosphere. Close to everything, staff are always joining in on the fun! Stayed over the Loi Krathong Festival and Noom, the owner, planned so much cool stuff for us to do. This is the must stay place in Chiang Mai, do yourself a favour and book in immediately!

Great hostel, family athmosphere, the staff is amazing

• 27th Oct 2014

Great for solo backpackers looking for a social experience. The hostel owner is very involved and will help give you custom itineraries based on what you're looking to do. Board games, cheap alcohol, cheap food (take a right out of the hostel and walk 3 min) They also organize many activities. Only downside is location, a 15 min walk from the city, but not a huge deal

If you're looking for the social vibe, this place has it. The staff is excellent and organizes fun events, and will help you arrange anything you want to do. Decent location and all the tuktuk drivers know where it is.

The first night i had to stay in a different hostel because this one was fully booked. Making a reservation is a good idea. Atmosphere in this hostel is amazing, met so many nice people. Te manager, Noom, is the best. He speaks very good english and knows a lot of things about the area. I was a little sad to leave this nice place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3