Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great atmosphere and amazing staff, the beds are a bit noisy and you can´t take long in the toilet or else mosquitoes eat you alive! Great value considering how cheap it is and the staff is always ready to provide advice

A wonderful place to meet new people. The hostel is set up to encourage a social atmosphere. The staff are super helpful. I'll definitely be back!

• 16th Apr 2014

This hostel is amazing!!! I had stayed in a different one a couple months earlier and coming here made me wish I had stayed here! Great social atmosphere, massive bathroom, cool air con. The location isn't the best but I would stay here again regardless, and will definitely recommend!

great vibes at Spicythai! would definitely go back. comfortable social setting, events everyday. feels like you're hanging out at a friends house.

Pretty decent hostel, tons of people coming through so it's pretty easy to get your d dubya if you know what I mean. Pretty easy to clap cheeks. Only bad thing is the washrooms are all the way downstairs, didn't make it there one time but that's all good. Peed in the back part of the toilet by accident, Chang bro, but whatever it's all golden now. Anyways, good place to stay. O'doyle rules

Excellent staff and good social vibe really makes this place so cool. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying 6. Not the best location but the Chiang Mai center is easily achieved by foot. As they say this place makes you feel like home. Great for solo travellers.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The big communal space really helped to meet other travellers, rob and Dan were excellent hosts and guides and offered (a little nerve wracking, but fun) treks and some great nights out. Hostel was clean and had great shower/toilet facilities. Only problem was getting into tone at night as it's a little bit out of the main area (not too far). Getting back was fine, but tuk tuks were a little difficult to get hold of close to the hostel.

I got an amazing time when i stayed in spicythai, although i didn't got enough time to chill there, but I still met some new friends. And what I must say is the host in here are sooo helpful, they helped for organized my schedule and give me some recommendation for travelling Pai. The location is out of the old town but it's still not far, it's close to the west gate. I guarantee I will come back and stay longer when i come Chaing Mai again! Love this place!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great staff, awesome hostel for solo travelers.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

I love Spicy Thai! Best atmosphere around, such a homey place. Noom, the owner is the most helpful and understanding person ever! The crowd the same.

• 21st Feb 2014

Location is a big minus for this as its a very long walk to anywhere of interest so I wouldn't stay here next time if I wanted to be in town a lot. However that aside its a great social place with good comfy dorms, well air conditioned and clean and the staff (Tom) are brilliant and always helpful and show interest organising things for people. Breakfast included!!

Awesome fun, best hostel in Chiang Mai! great vibe and great people and staff. Run by locals and Foreigners and they were so helpful and sociable! Id come again for sure!!

I loved staying at sicythai! Great atmosphere, perfect for people traveling alone. Awesome value for money. Great being part of the spicy community! Would totally stay here again and really recommended it!

The staff here are amazing! So helpful and really trying to ensure you enjoy your time in chiang mai. Very social hostel and good for solo travelers. Heard that their main bathroom / shower facility is different (think many concrete stalls in a garage) but it works, it's clean, and I actually came to prefer it. Overall awesome hostel, would definitely stay again!

I had an amazing time at this hostel. The guys running this hostel helped book any day activities we wanted to setup, like our cooking course and day with the elephants. They run an honor system with the drinks where you take anything and pay at the end, really relaxed atmosphere. They set up events at night too so everyone at the hostel can meet people and have a good time. Hot showers were a minor issue, but I would definitely highly recommend this place to anyone going through Chiang Mai!

it will be good if the shower heater works well. otherwise, 5* :)

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Rob makes this place. Give him a raise.

Was supposed to stay for 5 nights, ended up staying for 10, loved this place!! Staff were great, rooms cleaned every day and fantastic social atmosphere! Would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone!

Good hostel. Spended a good time there.

Great hostel, superb atmosphere. Had a great time here. Very helpful staff. Great place for solo travelers who want to meet people!

• 30th Dec 2013