Spicythai Backpackers

8.7
Fabulous 1418 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
30th May 2017

Great place to stay, friendly and welcoming staff and guests. Great facilities, nothing bad to say about this place. Not the most modern building or rooms but very clean and great value.

11th May 2017
6.0

I was recommended this hostel by a friend but I really didn't get the hype. The common area is pretty bleak, the beds were very uncomfortable and it's pretty out of the way (though you can get taxi's most places). The staff were helpful when booking buses and activities etc but I've stayed much nicer places in Chiang Mai. Wouldn't personally recommend this hostel though I know lots of people did love it there

• England, Male, 18-24
7th May 2017

Arrived during down season and a couple of days before full moon so hostel was relatively quiet. However still a great atmosphere and great staff willing to help with anything. Would stay again.

4th May 2017
6.6

Location was not very walkable Hostel was empty when I stayed in low season, no atmosphere :(

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd May 2017

I loved my stay in Spicy Thai, For a solo traveller I think the atmosphere they create is amazing. I was in Chiang Mai twice and stayed here both times!

1st May 2017

Cool place to stay and there was cheap restaurants and street food near by (35 baht) aircon worked great only downside is the beds a really hard!

26th Apr 2017

I know my review is an 8.5, but only bc this hostel is simple. Beds are hard, bathrooms are indoor/outdoor, showers kind of warm but good pressure. But it's cheap! And the atmosphere and staff make up for it all by far. This was one of my favorite hostels in all of Asia! Perfect combo of a homey feel where everyone watches movies together but still social! Honor system with drinks which was nice. Simple breakfast, staff SO helpful! Location decent, quick tuk-tuk to town. Highly recommend!

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

I loved this hostel! My friend and I stayed 3 nights here and it was my favorite hostel we stayed in the whole 2 weeks. Air con, yummy food, host is wonderful! He helped us pick out the right things to do while we were in chiang mai! Clean, good location, welcoming!

• USA, Male, 31-40
25th Apr 2017

I don't leave a lot of reviews, but this has been the best hostel I have ever stayed at, the atmosphere was fantastic. There is an honor system for beer and water (very much appreciated in Chiang Mai where all the bars close at 12) and the common area is incredibly social, it just feels like home. The hostel also draws the more serious backpacker through word of mouth. I met wonderful authentic people there, more so than than you will ever find at newer, fancier hostels. Best so far!

20th Apr 2017
8.0

Very social, fun hostel. Really great for meeting new people. The hostel offers daily group activities. Free breakfast is basic but the cafe attached does a really great breakfast. The bathrooms aren't the cleanest but acceptable. Would definitely stay again.