Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The guys running this place are excellent. Super friendly and helpful. They make delicious food on site and the community atmosphere is fun. Definitely a backpackers dorm, so nothing fancy but we enjoyed meeting new people and chilling out!

• 28th Sep 2015

Staff are very friendly. Sociable hostel.

The dorms were so small, one little room with 4 bunkbeds inside. No windows and the ground was full of stuff from other people. It was hard to find a place where you can put your luggage. The room had only one socket on the ground so if you had to sleep on top your mobile wasn't. On the first floor were three dorms and only one toilet and it was absolutly not clean. At the ground floor there have been a big 'bathroom' with toilets. It smelled very bad like there's dirt everywhere.

• 13th Sep 2015

Awesome staff and super chill atmosphere. It's been around awhile so all the taxi/tuk tuk drivers know where it is, which is always helpful. Downsides were the bed was very hard and bathroom wasn't very clean but guess you can't expect too much for that price.

Really awesome hostel. Noom and the rest of the staff were amazing. Very funny, helpful and accommodating. Booked on the wrong day but they still made space for me. A little far from the Sunday walking street and night market but a group of 4-5people can get a red car there for 20baht each.

Great to back again at good old spicy. Was there in summer '14 and was glad to be back. Enough said I guess.

We booked 4 nights at SpicyThai and ended up staying an extra 3. Atmosphere in this place is great - very easy to meet other travellers in the lounge and breakfast area. Our room door was never locked and our valuables were never in the safe. I don't think I've ever felt more safe anywhere in the world. Staff are absolutely great - so friendly and helpful. They even organised a night at the boxing for us. Laundry is at end of the road which is delivered back to you. Clean beds and bathrooms. 5*

Spicythai is a great place to stay! Everyone you meet there is beyond friendly and I honestly enjoyed all of my roommates, they were awesome! The staff is so great, especially Noom, he will always take care of you. I even got food poisoning one night, and the next day he gave me medicine and allowed me to stay way past the time of check out in order to sleep. Just incredibly kind staff and travelers that stay there, with a very chill/homey vibe. Still able to access old city easily as well!

Great value, lovely place to meet people and the staff are really, really friendly. There is free unlimited breakfast from 8:30 until 11 am which is fab, and tea and coffee all day. There is loads going on like nights out, film nights, book swap etc. The toilets are outside so a bit buggy, but there are loads and they are clean. The only downside was that the hostel is a little walk outside of the main city, but we still walked back at night and it wasn't bad. A solid choice.

Quite far away from everything, very quiet hostel

A very nice, clean place. Friendly and helpful staff; I only stayed for one night but from what I experienced it was great.

Had a really good one night stay at Spicythai, easy to meet other travellers and Noom was so helpful. I told him I was doing the Mae Hong Son loop and he not only offered marked places to visit on my map but also lent me a windbreaker and pants - super sweet! Would def recommend.

Noom makes this place, he is super helpful and have an amazing film collection. It is just like home, the atmosphere is great. If you are travelling yourself this is a great hostel to meet people. The showers are powerful and a couple are hot, the aircon in the rooms are good. One of my favourite hostels!

Great hostel! The common area is a great place to meet others so it is good for solo travelers. The staff is helpful and can book you for multiple tours or busses. The location is about 20 minute walk to the walled city, but the atmosphere of Spicy makes it worth it. Good value for money, I would stay here again.

Great place to stay, about 20 min walk from city centre and short taxi ride from the airport. Good AC at the room. Lots of good street food and 7eleven right next to the Hostel. Good value for money.

Spicy Thai is a awesome place to stay in chiang mai, staff are very helpful an honest with different tours an prices, great with food advice an offer nightly group activities with nice social vibes, aircon in the bed rooms is great, large showers n bathrooms, an located perfectly just on the edge of the old city close to markets and street food, an 10 walk to party streets

The staff was never around, there's no good hang out space and the air con kept breaking. It's kinda far from where people go out and not a good place for solo travelers.

Very good fun hostel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the Muay Thai night and Family Meal night they put on. Overall good hostel but a bit of a walk to some of the sights and places.

Best hostel I've stayed at. Good location, great atmosphere, helpful English speaking staff, WiFi was faster than I had at home. I recommend everyone I meet to stay here if they are heading to Chiang Mai.

Amazing hostel! Fantastic atmosphere, very social and lots of fun. It was up there with the best places I have stayed. I loved that the hostel staff organised little trips and event for everyone. Although location wise it's a bit far out, it's still close enough to get to places easily. Would recommend to anyone travelling in Chiang Mai.