Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Best place in Chian Mai

• 28th Jan 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Wish I could rate more for atmosphere and staff. Chris, Tim and the little Chinese man (inside joke) were just the best. Noom was great, took us out to his town for a Muay Thai boxing festival. Showed us what food to eat and what to drink. Chris and Tim took us out to the local pool and we had a huge all you can eat BBQ one night. They were constantly making sure we had something to do. Made some really good friends here. Wish I hadn't left. I miss you Goldie.

This is one of the best places I've stayed for lone travelling. You enter the hostel and think everyone knows each other but they don't they have just met! Chris and Tim also organise really good value trips and it's great to meet other staying at the hostel. Although out of the main square, you can easily walk in and at night it's cheap to get back. I love the honesty bar too, nice touch! Only negative is cold showers but you get used to it quickly!!

Staff were great at organising activities so a great place to meet people

rrific atmosphere, perfect for meeting other travellers. Facilities and bedding were clean, staff were helpful and friendly (even took us on a day trip hiking up Doi Sutep free of charge!) and the location is an easy walk from the old city so not really an issue. There's free toast for breakfast or (really good) cooked food for a small price. Only (minor) nitpick was that the showers were cold, but other than that I had a brilliant stay, highly recommended!

• 13th Jan 2015

good atmosphere, good staff & good food!!

My favorite hostel in Thailand. Amazing staff and a great building make for a great stay.If I come back to Thailand I'll definitely stay here again.

Spicythai's got the best atmosphere! People are always talking to each other - great for who's traveling alone. They promote activities everyday (written on a white board so everybody can see) and it makes people get together as well. Great idea! Noom is the guy, really nice person! I've got some rides with their transportation (they often go to a nice lake) as tons of help. Hot shower (just downstairs). Bed and pillow not so good. Small lockers. The location is not a problem! Cheers!!!

Tim, Rob, Chris, Goldie and the little Chinese guy (they told me to say that, I'm not racist, really) were amazing, I had so much fun-best hostel I've stayed at by a long way...so much so I didnt even bother going to Pai!

• 30th Dec 2014

Cool hostel, great stay.

An absolute pleasure to stay here. In no particular order the staff: Noon, Rob, Tim and Chris are top blokes. The atmosphere was brilliant, just a great environment. No issues with the hostel at all. Stay there.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great staff with an awesome atmosphere, perfect place to stay if you want a young, fun crowd to hang out with.

Staff were really nice and helpful and they organize trips to the lake or to the bars to encourage socialization! Met a lot of really nice people here. Kinda on the other side of CM though, but still a very good place to stay at!

Very chilled-out and easy-going place a 5 minute walk outside Chang Mai, which leads to a very nice and quiet location. Easy to meet people and the owner (forgot his name) helps you with everything from booking tours to taking you to the good bars in town! Recommended to book online, because it’s often full.

Great place, going back in couple of days :) highly recomended

Great atmosphere and staff! Great events! But the hostel is quite out of the way which was a bit annoying. Also dorms are a bit squishy but not really a problem

This was my first hostel experience but what a great start! This hostel is great for meeting people and they organise activities too, evening and day! The staff are brilliant and made everyone very welcome, they were also full of information too so were great if we had any questions. I would definitely recommend this place and would go back if I return to Chang Mai!

I really enjoyed this hostel. I was a bit nervous at first about staying here. Then as soon as I walked in, I was welcomed personally and asked If I would like to bowl later that night, which I did. Anyways, I met about 15 guests that night who were really really cool. I also booked another night here for my last stay instead of other hostel which I already paid for since I had such a good time. Highly suggest.

• 1st Dec 2014

My favorite hostel so far, met amazing people here and ended up staying much longer than intended!

• 30th Nov 2014

Great place to meet people amazing atmosphere. You won't want to leave!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4