Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Had an awesome time in spicy Thai, staff are super helpful, great social atmosphere, and for 4 pound a night? Unbelievable, only thing I'd mention is its slightly away from most things, but some could say that's a good thing, would definitely go again!

• 14th Aug 2014

I will definitely come back here! The atmosphere was great and really easy to meet people and go on an adventure or out to eat!

Stayed at Spicy Hostels before on several occasions and always come back! Atmosphere is fab and staff can not do enough to help make your stay memorable. Best Hostels in South East Asia :) Join the Spicy Family!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

I loved staying at Spicythai so much that I actually stayed longer than I had planned to! I arrived at 10am and was concerned that there weren't many people around but that soon changed - everybody was just off on treks, courses or other activities. As a solo traveller it was SO easy to meet people here - you're only alone if you choose to be, there's such a great atmosphere and the staff are ever so helpful in organising trips or transport for you. No complaints whatsoever!

LOVE SpicyThai and miss all the amazing people I met there. The staff are so helpful in every way, the hostel itself is comfortable and well thought-out, and the atmosphere is social and friendly. Highest praise.

I am definitely staying here again. The atmosphere is really friendly for meeting people and it's walking distance from the square!

This is a hostel with great atmosphere. Rooms were a bit cramped. To go to the shower we had to go through the common room of the hostel, which was a bit of an annoyance. The showers are very dirty and there's only one with warm water. The staff is really helpful and supportive and they speak very good english.

The atmosphere in this hostel is great. And Noom is the most helpful and nicest guy! He can help you with anything. The bathrooms are not great and dorms aren't the nicest but its a good place to stay.

Amazing atmosphere and staff!

We had a great time at the hostel. It had a good atmosphere and the staff we so friendly!

• 7th Jun 2014

Great hostel overall. The staff are super helpful and will make sure you have a good time there. (one even helped me buy the bus ticket while I was out on a trek) It's a bit further away from the main attractions, but wasn't much of an issue. They also really encouraged a social atmosphere in the hostel which was great.

The staff at Spicy Thai were extremely helpful, probably the most helpful staff I've ever come across whilst staying in hostels! They were always willing to give you advice on where to go and how best to get there and negotiate prices on your behalf etc. The only thing I would say is there aren't locks on all of the bedroom doors so if you do have anything valuable then bring a padlock and use one of their lockers - that being said I didn't hear of any issues during my stay!

• 25th May 2014

Spicy is the place to stay when youre in Chiang Mai! Really no complaints to report. The only thing I can comment on was that the wifi was a bit weak at times - no biggie tho, resetting your network settings does the trick :):)

BEST place to meet travelers. I had the most amazing time in Chiang Mai and this hostel did not disappoint. At night they will drive you to the bar which is great for both the people going out, and to keep the hostel quiet. I LOVED this place and was so sad to leave!

Top place with top people and a really helpful staff.

The best thing about this hostel is the atmosphere. The hammocks in the back are nice, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the vibe is great. The beds aren't that comfortable, especially the top bunks because the ladders are not that stable. The kitchen is difficult to use, but the free filtered water is great.

I really enjoyed my stay here. I had read that this hostel, in particular, catered towards solo travelers, and almost all those staying there were by themselves. This meant that everyone was very welcoming. The staff were very friendly and willing to help/answer any questions that I had. There was a lot of information for day trips etc that the hostel booked for me. If you are a single traveler and worried about meeting new people, then I would absolutely recommend staying at SpicyThai!

Great place for meeting other travelers, but if you're someone that needs your own space from time to time, this probably isn't the best choice. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness in the bedrooms, but other than that, the place was fine.

Great atmosphere and amazing staff, the beds are a bit noisy and you can´t take long in the toilet or else mosquitoes eat you alive! Great value considering how cheap it is and the staff is always ready to provide advice

A wonderful place to meet new people. The hostel is set up to encourage a social atmosphere. The staff are super helpful. I'll definitely be back!

• 16th Apr 2014