Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good Hostel to meet other travelers, great atmosphere. The dorms are the loudest I have ever stayed in (beds, floor, doors), so this is not the place for you if you need a good sleep. Showers only downstairs, which was fine, 2 are kinda "hot". Breakfast is just toast and bananas, but was okay. The owner was really helpful when our train was canceled and helped us booking a bus. Location is right outside the city center, not the best but okay. 7/11 and laundry next door.

I stayed two nights in the end but found it was far from where I stayed last time, and not around any good restaurants,bars or general exciting life. Staff where lovely. Shower was cold, even the hot shower. Mattress was broken and u comfy and very old bunk beds

Spicythai is a great place for everyone to stay in. The people are awesome, a lot of sole travelers, the common area is an awesome place to meet them and the general atmosphere is the best. The location can be better but everything is just a Tuk Tuk away. Highly recommended!

Thought the Spicy Thai was excellent for my 3 day stopover in Chiang Mai. The location, I thought, was perfect lots of food stalls down the street and you're only a 10 minute walk away from the old city. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing, great staff, 1000's of movies, best WIFI on my trip so far and great/cheap on site restaurant.

Best. Hostel. Ever.

Was a nice hostel in a okay location, however was expecting more from the atmosphere of the hostel

So much fun and very social, met amazing people there!

I just love this hostel. Very social and the owner is very helpful and nice. If you want to meet people and have a good time in Chiang Mai, go to this hostel!

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Come here for an awesome social atmosphere and for Noom (the owner). The hostel has a fridge where you can take beer or water and pay when you check out which is super convenient and reasonable priced. Noom is super helpful with advice on what to do or where to go. This was my first hostel ever so I can't really compare but everyone that's staying here has been saying it's their favourite one so far!

Great hostel with really nice people, the manager (Noom) is really helpful and gave us some great tips and points, clean with lots and lots English movies (literally 1000s). Already recommended to friends coming to Chiang mai later on.

• 8th Jan 2016

Probably the best hostel I went to in Thailand. Made Chiang Mai my favourite place on my trip so far. Noom who owns the place is AMAZING. He can help with any questions and sometimes does a day trip on the motorbikes up to the temple then deep into the jungle. Lots of good films for those days you can't be bothered to do anything and a lovely atmosphere. I stayed with a group I met there for 2 weeks afterwards. Would highly recommend this place, say Hi to Noom for me - Morgan

I really enjoyed my stay at Spicy Thai. The staff is great, and the layout of the hostel makes it very easy to socialize with the other guests.

Very good hostel and very friendly staff who are able to help get the most out of the area. I would definately stayhere again if I was headed back to Chiang Mai.

Nice hostel with a good tv for movies, I've heard it's so social and good to meet people but sadly wasn't like that when I was there, it's a bit far from the square as well but a good hostel that I'd recommend

Hostel facilities are average, 6 powerpoints for 8 people and sunken mattresses/squeaky as hell beds. But the owner is very helpful and stays late to help you. Decent hostel

• 5th Jan 2016

Stayed here over New Years eve and had a great time. The rooms are well air conditioned, beds are comfortable enough. You have a locker to put any valuables, so bring a padlock. The owner Noom is an absolute star for booking tours, useful information about Chiang Mai and being a good laugh. Definitely stay here!

I found that his hostel in was a bit of a let down verses what I had been reading on hostelworld. The hostel is quite out of the centre - making it difficult to navigate to the main areas independently. The bathrooms are on the ground floor and resemble prison cells. They also require you to cut though the main social lounge which is a bit awkward when you have just climbed out of bed and just want to use the showers! I found the local staff slightly patronising and pushed poor activity options

• 28th Dec 2015

Came here as a solo traveler and met some really cool people. Noom is awesome and treats guests well. He is always asking what his guests are doing and will make great recommendations because he has done a lot of the activities himself. Come for the atmosphere!

I booked SpicyThai because it had lots of great reviews! I stayed for two days and it was a great stay overall--clean, friendly people, Noom is great. If you want to party however, the group is great but it's a bit small (3 rooms) and less of a party hostel. Location is just outside the moat.

The hostel posted signs about the dangers of dengue fever; however, only told us to keep the door closed. It would be more precautionary if mosquito nets were hung on every bunk bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3