Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Amazing atmosphere and staff!

We had a great time at the hostel. It had a good atmosphere and the staff we so friendly!

• 7th Jun 2014

Great hostel overall. The staff are super helpful and will make sure you have a good time there. (one even helped me buy the bus ticket while I was out on a trek) It's a bit further away from the main attractions, but wasn't much of an issue. They also really encouraged a social atmosphere in the hostel which was great.

The staff at Spicy Thai were extremely helpful, probably the most helpful staff I've ever come across whilst staying in hostels! They were always willing to give you advice on where to go and how best to get there and negotiate prices on your behalf etc. The only thing I would say is there aren't locks on all of the bedroom doors so if you do have anything valuable then bring a padlock and use one of their lockers - that being said I didn't hear of any issues during my stay!

• 25th May 2014

Spicy is the place to stay when youre in Chiang Mai! Really no complaints to report. The only thing I can comment on was that the wifi was a bit weak at times - no biggie tho, resetting your network settings does the trick :):)

BEST place to meet travelers. I had the most amazing time in Chiang Mai and this hostel did not disappoint. At night they will drive you to the bar which is great for both the people going out, and to keep the hostel quiet. I LOVED this place and was so sad to leave!

Top place with top people and a really helpful staff.

The best thing about this hostel is the atmosphere. The hammocks in the back are nice, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the vibe is great. The beds aren't that comfortable, especially the top bunks because the ladders are not that stable. The kitchen is difficult to use, but the free filtered water is great.

I really enjoyed my stay here. I had read that this hostel, in particular, catered towards solo travelers, and almost all those staying there were by themselves. This meant that everyone was very welcoming. The staff were very friendly and willing to help/answer any questions that I had. There was a lot of information for day trips etc that the hostel booked for me. If you are a single traveler and worried about meeting new people, then I would absolutely recommend staying at SpicyThai!

Great place for meeting other travelers, but if you're someone that needs your own space from time to time, this probably isn't the best choice. I was a little disappointed with the cleanliness in the bedrooms, but other than that, the place was fine.

Great atmosphere and amazing staff, the beds are a bit noisy and you can´t take long in the toilet or else mosquitoes eat you alive! Great value considering how cheap it is and the staff is always ready to provide advice

A wonderful place to meet new people. The hostel is set up to encourage a social atmosphere. The staff are super helpful. I'll definitely be back!

• 16th Apr 2014

You want to party stay here!! I stayed during soungcron (wrong spelling am drunk) atmospher is awesome.

This hostel is amazing!!! I had stayed in a different one a couple months earlier and coming here made me wish I had stayed here! Great social atmosphere, massive bathroom, cool air con. The location isn't the best but I would stay here again regardless, and will definitely recommend!

great vibes at Spicythai! would definitely go back. comfortable social setting, events everyday. feels like you're hanging out at a friends house.

Rob and Tom are amazing and help you plan anything you want to do. This is a very social hostel so expect to make friends that last a lifetime! The common area is a good place to watch movies/pregame every night. The staff is good about kicking everyone out and sending them to the bars at 11:00 each night which is good if you want to get some sleep! Best hostel I stayed at in SEA because of the great atmosphere.

Pretty decent hostel, tons of people coming through so it's pretty easy to get your d dubya if you know what I mean. Pretty easy to clap cheeks. Only bad thing is the washrooms are all the way downstairs, didn't make it there one time but that's all good. Peed in the back part of the toilet by accident, Chang bro, but whatever it's all golden now. Anyways, good place to stay. O'doyle rules

Excellent staff and good social vibe really makes this place so cool. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying 6. Not the best location but the Chiang Mai center is easily achieved by foot. As they say this place makes you feel like home. Great for solo travellers.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The big communal space really helped to meet other travellers, rob and Dan were excellent hosts and guides and offered (a little nerve wracking, but fun) treks and some great nights out. Hostel was clean and had great shower/toilet facilities. Only problem was getting into tone at night as it's a little bit out of the main area (not too far). Getting back was fine, but tuk tuks were a little difficult to get hold of close to the hostel.

I got an amazing time when i stayed in spicythai, although i didn't got enough time to chill there, but I still met some new friends. And what I must say is the host in here are sooo helpful, they helped for organized my schedule and give me some recommendation for travelling Pai. The location is out of the old town but it's still not far, it's close to the west gate. I guarantee I will come back and stay longer when i come Chaing Mai again! Love this place!

• 5th Mar 2014