Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, not the cleanest of places but great value for money. Really fun and social would definitely recommend.

The staff is amazing!

• 18th Aug 2014

Staff can be unfriendly and blunt but warm up the longer you stay. Not a great location but easy to rent a bike or motorbike and tuktuls are cheap.

Great place to meet people! The staff are awesome as well. I would totally recommend this place to all solo travelers!

Had an awesome time in spicy Thai, staff are super helpful, great social atmosphere, and for 4 pound a night? Unbelievable, only thing I'd mention is its slightly away from most things, but some could say that's a good thing, would definitely go again!

• 14th Aug 2014

Hostel is really good at booking tours and transport for you. Very easy to flag down taxis and taxi to airport is only 120baht.All drivers know where hostel is. There is a huge collection of movies to watch. Very good price, plus breakfast of toast and bananas is included. There is an honesty system with beer and water which works really well. I'd definitely recommend to stay in this hostel if you're visiting chaing mai.

I will definitely come back here! The atmosphere was great and really easy to meet people and go on an adventure or out to eat!

Stayed at Spicy Hostels before on several occasions and always come back! Atmosphere is fab and staff can not do enough to help make your stay memorable. Best Hostels in South East Asia :) Join the Spicy Family!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

I loved staying at Spicythai so much that I actually stayed longer than I had planned to! I arrived at 10am and was concerned that there weren't many people around but that soon changed - everybody was just off on treks, courses or other activities. As a solo traveller it was SO easy to meet people here - you're only alone if you choose to be, there's such a great atmosphere and the staff are ever so helpful in organising trips or transport for you. No complaints whatsoever!

LOVE SpicyThai and miss all the amazing people I met there. The staff are so helpful in every way, the hostel itself is comfortable and well thought-out, and the atmosphere is social and friendly. Highest praise.

I am definitely staying here again. The atmosphere is really friendly for meeting people and it's walking distance from the square!

This is a hostel with great atmosphere. Rooms were a bit cramped. To go to the shower we had to go through the common room of the hostel, which was a bit of an annoyance. The showers are very dirty and there's only one with warm water. The staff is really helpful and supportive and they speak very good english.

The atmosphere in this hostel is great. And Noom is the most helpful and nicest guy! He can help you with anything. The bathrooms are not great and dorms aren't the nicest but its a good place to stay.

Amazing atmosphere and staff!

We had a great time at the hostel. It had a good atmosphere and the staff we so friendly!

• 7th Jun 2014

Great hostel overall. The staff are super helpful and will make sure you have a good time there. (one even helped me buy the bus ticket while I was out on a trek) It's a bit further away from the main attractions, but wasn't much of an issue. They also really encouraged a social atmosphere in the hostel which was great.

The staff at Spicy Thai were extremely helpful, probably the most helpful staff I've ever come across whilst staying in hostels! They were always willing to give you advice on where to go and how best to get there and negotiate prices on your behalf etc. The only thing I would say is there aren't locks on all of the bedroom doors so if you do have anything valuable then bring a padlock and use one of their lockers - that being said I didn't hear of any issues during my stay!

• 25th May 2014

Spicy is the place to stay when youre in Chiang Mai! Really no complaints to report. The only thing I can comment on was that the wifi was a bit weak at times - no biggie tho, resetting your network settings does the trick :):)

BEST place to meet travelers. I had the most amazing time in Chiang Mai and this hostel did not disappoint. At night they will drive you to the bar which is great for both the people going out, and to keep the hostel quiet. I LOVED this place and was so sad to leave!

Top place with top people and a really helpful staff.