Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Cool hostel, great stay.

An absolute pleasure to stay here. In no particular order the staff: Noon, Rob, Tim and Chris are top blokes. The atmosphere was brilliant, just a great environment. No issues with the hostel at all. Stay there.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great staff with an awesome atmosphere, perfect place to stay if you want a young, fun crowd to hang out with.

Staff were really nice and helpful and they organize trips to the lake or to the bars to encourage socialization! Met a lot of really nice people here. Kinda on the other side of CM though, but still a very good place to stay at!

Very chilled-out and easy-going place a 5 minute walk outside Chang Mai, which leads to a very nice and quiet location. Easy to meet people and the owner (forgot his name) helps you with everything from booking tours to taking you to the good bars in town! Recommended to book online, because it’s often full.

Great place, going back in couple of days :) highly recomended

Great atmosphere and staff! Great events! But the hostel is quite out of the way which was a bit annoying. Also dorms are a bit squishy but not really a problem

This was my first hostel experience but what a great start! This hostel is great for meeting people and they organise activities too, evening and day! The staff are brilliant and made everyone very welcome, they were also full of information too so were great if we had any questions. I would definitely recommend this place and would go back if I return to Chang Mai!

I really enjoyed this hostel. I was a bit nervous at first about staying here. Then as soon as I walked in, I was welcomed personally and asked If I would like to bowl later that night, which I did. Anyways, I met about 15 guests that night who were really really cool. I also booked another night here for my last stay instead of other hostel which I already paid for since I had such a good time. Highly suggest.

• 1st Dec 2014

My favorite hostel so far, met amazing people here and ended up staying much longer than intended!

Great place to meet people amazing atmosphere. You won't want to leave!

Very social place if traveling alone, staff is amazing, they set up all different events for each day, ie hangover at pool, thai 101, drunk bowling night ect. Showers lacked any hot water and location isn't great but that is the spicy brand staying outside the center of the city.

The staff were so wonderful- they really helped us get everything we needed, from giving recommendations on things to do, providing group activities through the hostel, hailing taxis for us, etc. Thanks spicy thai for making us feel at home!

The atmosphere in this hostel is amazing!!! It's very easy to met people. Every day the staff plans an activity where you can go with them. Cool Cool place!! I really like it when the staff is working at the reception located right in the middle of the common room, it gives me a feeling they are not really working but just a part of a group. Best hostel in Thailand for me! Grtz to Tim (leuk om nog eens ff Nederlands te kunnen spreken) & little Noom ;-)

This is a great hostel if you're looking to meet people. The first night I was there they arranged a bowling outing which about 25 people signed up for. It was some of the worst bowling I've seen, I'm not sure if anyone broke 100, but it was lots of fun.

A tad out of the way, but hardly a bother. Extremely accommodating

Nice place :)

One of my favorite hostels in Thailand, a great place to meet people, or just relax. Tons of movies on the TV (really an incredible amount), which is playing most of the day, so really easy to sit back and zone out for a while if you've been on the move too much. Big main table, just sit down and join the conversation and it's easy to make new friends. Laid back staff, but always willing to help, a fridge full of beer and and tons of street food stalls nearby. Thanks Tim, Noom and Chris!

• 11th Nov 2014

Really recommended to stay in Chiang Mai

Great stay and staff pretty helpful. Great that they organize a tour or event each day. location is accessible to the main city but a decent 15/20 minutes to anything of note although a mall is within 5 minutes.