Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

You want to party stay here!! I stayed during soungcron (wrong spelling am drunk) atmospher is awesome.

This hostel is amazing!!! I had stayed in a different one a couple months earlier and coming here made me wish I had stayed here! Great social atmosphere, massive bathroom, cool air con. The location isn't the best but I would stay here again regardless, and will definitely recommend!

great vibes at Spicythai! would definitely go back. comfortable social setting, events everyday. feels like you're hanging out at a friends house.

Rob and Tom are amazing and help you plan anything you want to do. This is a very social hostel so expect to make friends that last a lifetime! The common area is a good place to watch movies/pregame every night. The staff is good about kicking everyone out and sending them to the bars at 11:00 each night which is good if you want to get some sleep! Best hostel I stayed at in SEA because of the great atmosphere.

Pretty decent hostel, tons of people coming through so it's pretty easy to get your d dubya if you know what I mean. Pretty easy to clap cheeks. Only bad thing is the washrooms are all the way downstairs, didn't make it there one time but that's all good. Peed in the back part of the toilet by accident, Chang bro, but whatever it's all golden now. Anyways, good place to stay. O'doyle rules

Excellent staff and good social vibe really makes this place so cool. I booked 3 nights, ended up staying 6. Not the best location but the Chiang Mai center is easily achieved by foot. As they say this place makes you feel like home. Great for solo travellers.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The big communal space really helped to meet other travellers, rob and Dan were excellent hosts and guides and offered (a little nerve wracking, but fun) treks and some great nights out. Hostel was clean and had great shower/toilet facilities. Only problem was getting into tone at night as it's a little bit out of the main area (not too far). Getting back was fine, but tuk tuks were a little difficult to get hold of close to the hostel.

I got an amazing time when i stayed in spicythai, although i didn't got enough time to chill there, but I still met some new friends. And what I must say is the host in here are sooo helpful, they helped for organized my schedule and give me some recommendation for travelling Pai. The location is out of the old town but it's still not far, it's close to the west gate. I guarantee I will come back and stay longer when i come Chaing Mai again! Love this place!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great staff, awesome hostel for solo travelers.

• 1st Mar 2014