Spicythai Backpackers Reviews

14 Hassadisewi Rd. T., Sriphum A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good hostel with nice people and spacious dorms with ac and good size lockers. Little outside town so a taxi is necessary to get there. Chris is very helpful and friendly. Showers have cold water but since it's very hot outside, this didn 't bother me. There's movies playing all day and night and the hostel organizes stuff as well!

Really great hostel full of lovely people!

Very sociable hostel!! Could be a little closer to old town but accessible by tuk tuk- About 20 baht each. We all thought Chris was very friendly, especially Erin.

STAY HERE.

SpicyThai was my favorite hostel out of everywhere I stayed during my first SE Asia trip. The atmosphere is incredible, and it'll be hard to find something like it elsewhere. The food is great, free toast & bananas, daily activities hosted by the hostel and Goldie, the resident dog make this place seriously special. Can't wait to try out the other Spicy locations!

I really enjoy my stay in spicythai. Staffs are very nice and helpful. I met many awesome guys there and had very good time. I will definitely go back to Chiangmai again and will choose spicythai.

This place is not the most comfortable. Nor the cleanest. But has a great atmosphere and is probably the most fun hostel in chiang mai. I would definitely stay there again.

This is absolutely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is absolutely amazing and the stuff is super nice. The daily activities made it easy to enjoy Chiang Mai properly. Everything was awesome except for the lack of hot showers. If you turn the pressure down, you can get it warm, which was okay. If you want a great time in Chiang Mai, stay here!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Loved spicy thai! The beds/pillows were a bit hard/lumpy but other than that it was great! The shower/toilets were separate from the dormitories, and were always clean and well maintained. The best part about the hostel was that it was super social and had daily activities for you to get to know everyone/a great common area that also facilitated that. Overall really enjoyed our stay. The only thing that would really improve spicy thai is their beds/pillows.

• 23rd Feb 2015

It really great. i was the only Chinese over there,everyone so nice and teach me english.will never forget the Chinese NewYear party.my team was champion by my cheat...:-)

It is an awesome experience to stay at Spicy Thai. You will find a second family there, very helpful and welcoming staff, good beds, breakfast for free and an atmosphere that you won't find anywhere else in Chiang Mai - What more could you wish for as a backpacker?!

This hostel came very highly recommended by many people and while I did enjoy it I found it overrated. The kitchen was nice though.

Kinda outside the Old Town centre, but easy to walk if you don't want to take a taxi on your own. Everyone very inviting and the atmosphere is very relaxed. People left cellphones and other things left plugged in around the house and no one had any complaints about theft while I was there. Activities everyday to promote getting to know other hostel-stayers as well as fairly priced.

Noom and Chris are great guys and have truly made the atmosphere at spicythai one of the best I've ever seen. Hostel is small enough that you will meet everyone and the daily activities are tons of fun. Will definitely stay here again anytime I'm in chiang mai

Nice hostel, fun staff, great hostel activities almost daily, which I highly recommend taking part in. Great movie watching area with big tv & lots of movies if u just want to have a chill night.

Good hostel, nice staff, good location

• 30th Jan 2015

A great place to meet other travellers! As a solo traveller it is so valuable to go to a sociable hostel and they even organize events every night I was there where it makes it easy to mingle.

Great social hostel! Activities every night. Noom and Chris do a great job. Keep it u

Best place in Chian Mai