Spinner's Backpackers Reviews

342 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Perth, Australia

This place is awesome! Stayed for 4 nights and wished we could stay longer. The staff is extremely helpful and they clean every day which makes the hostel the cleanest we´ve ever stayed at. Lots of long-term guests stay here which gives the hostel a homely and friendly feeling. City centre is only a 15 minute walk away and there are nice cafés and parks close to the hostel. Would definitely stay here again :)

Very clean hostel, a big locker for each backpack in your room and your own, small shelf for food in the kitchen. The owner was really nice and helpful, only the cleaner was kind of strange. I would definitely go back there and recommend it to everyone!

The atmosphere is very laidback and many of the people stay for a longer time so you feel a little bit like at home after a while. It's a more quiet and small hostel but you can get a good sleep and if you want to party you can go to the nearby Northbridge pub and club district. It's not right in the city center but if you take the free shuttlebus you are there in 15 minutes. And I also appreciated that it was quite clean for a hostel! I enjoyed my stay there, thank you guys!

Great hostel, especially if you're staying a while as most people staying are on working holiday visas, the common area is very social and the staff go out of their way to be friendly and make sure you're looked after. The location is a bit out of the if you don't mind a 5-10min walk you're easily in Northbridge and 5mins on from that is the CBD.

I cant knock this place. Simply the cleanest place I've stayed in and ive stayed in a lot of places around the world. A good location just a few minutes walk from all the clubs and he city center. Pretty chilled out place with rules actually enforce. You will get a good nights sleep here, no problem. Quite a few long term stayers working everyday which means the hostel is quiet in the weekdays and it comes alive on the weekends. A room out the back where you can bring your own booze and chill.

• 9th Oct 2014

It is a very nice place, very chilled out with friendly people. It is quiet so you can sleep the night but still enjoy few drinks and party on week-ends. The kitchen and the bathrooms are always clean. I will definitely recommend this place if you want to stay somewhere in Perth.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Guy at the reception was very unfriendly, rooms are pretty shabby, no free WiFi. Worst hostel I've ever been!

I,m extremely disappointed with your comments We do have free WiFi On check inn you should receive a 2 hour voucher We pride ourselves on our customer service and our cleanliness I,m sorry you were disappointed Please feel free to discuss your issues with me personally Thank you Spinner

BEST HOSTEL highly recommended!

A chilled, comfortable hostel with everyone working, so empty in the day and relaxed and peaceful in the evenings. Stick a movie on and lounge around on the sofas and chat. Upstairs is for sleep only so it's silent. Some of the best nights' sleeps I got in Australia. Spinner is a top bloke, friendly and interested, and wants to help you find work / enjoy Perth. Free pool, decent kitchen. Criticisms: bit of a walk out of town so plan your groceries, and not really enough toilets. Still great.

• 2nd Aug 2014