Spinner's Backpackers Reviews

342 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Perth, Australia

Decent location, close to bars, restaurants, train and city. Owner was a friendly bloke. Significant number of long-stayers, seems like a good place if your working.

Arrived from UK and originally booked for 6 nights, had a delay in hiring a camper and the owner and staff were very helpful accommodating me for a further 3 nights. Friendly atmosphere and a clean environment. Staff take a lot of pride in the cleanliness. Chilled out hostel. Will be booking to stay again before flying back to uk. Cheers guys.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Seemed like a hub for long-stay visitors / those travelers who are working in Australia. As a one night visitor it was a bit intimidating. Quite expensive for what was offered. Didn't feel like the cleanest place I've stayed. It seems that some guests were offered free wi-fi while others were not? The owner (I think?) was very nice and helpful in checking out but the check in process was very complicated and the staff was not very enthusiastic to help out.

Thanks for your comments Firstly all guests get free wifi downstairs. Our check inn system is very simple. We check all guests in after 2pm the reason we do this is we clean all rooms after check outs and make sure our rooms are ready for the new arrivals. We are a working hostel as we do help our international guests find work. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels Cheers Spinner

Not a bad place to stay. I stayed for 6 nights in a private room. The staff was very helpful and always around whenever I need to ask something. Yes, maybe it is full with long term guests but they are all nice people. The only drawback is that I found that the toilet was not being clean everyday.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

I found the hostel ok. It had a nice social area/kitchen, but I felt they lacked adequate facilities, seeing as there was only 2 showers and 2 toilets for the entire male population of the hostel. Pretty good location only a 10 min walk from northbridge and 15 from the CBD. The staff could sometimes come across as quite cold. The wifi was terrible. Overall not too bad.

This is my first bad experience in a hostel and i am definitely not going back to stay in this one. I found the guy on the reception to be thoroughly cold if not rude. It was as if he was doing a favor to accommodate me! I don't stay in hostels to save money but i do it to meet new people and here i could not meet anyone as it was almost like a nomadic caravan! People were sort of living in this hostel and maybe that is why it felt outdated and quite dingy to me.

Generally a good standard hostel, everything was clean just in need of an upgrade maybe. Comfortable rooms, decent showers, good kitchen. Guests seemed to be mainly log termers working so maybe not ideal if you're just in Perth for a visit. Staff were helpful but not overly friendly about it

I arrived nursing a broken ankle and was overwhelmed by the care and concern for my well being shown by the owner and staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Excellent hostel with lovely staff and very clean. Big kitchen and living area with large tv and loads of sofas. Big covered area out the back where you can sit and chill. Only a few minutes walk to central north bridge with bars and restaurants and close to transport to the CBD (10 mins by free bus). Booked for five nights and ended up staying for over a month, great little hostel :)

• 28th May 2015