Spinner's Backpackers Reviews

342 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Perth, Australia

This is my first bad experience in a hostel and i am definitely not going back to stay in this one. I found the guy on the reception to be thoroughly cold if not rude. It was as if he was doing a favor to accommodate me! I don't stay in hostels to save money but i do it to meet new people and here i could not meet anyone as it was almost like a nomadic caravan! People were sort of living in this hostel and maybe that is why it felt outdated and quite dingy to me.

Generally a good standard hostel, everything was clean just in need of an upgrade maybe. Comfortable rooms, decent showers, good kitchen. Guests seemed to be mainly log termers working so maybe not ideal if you're just in Perth for a visit. Staff were helpful but not overly friendly about it

I arrived nursing a broken ankle and was overwhelmed by the care and concern for my well being shown by the owner and staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Excellent hostel with lovely staff and very clean. Big kitchen and living area with large tv and loads of sofas. Big covered area out the back where you can sit and chill. Only a few minutes walk to central north bridge with bars and restaurants and close to transport to the CBD (10 mins by free bus). Booked for five nights and ended up staying for over a month, great little hostel :)

• 28th May 2015
  • Scotland

I really enjoyed my stay here. Even though I only started booking for 2 weeks I ended up staying for 5! The staff are really helpful and friendly and the rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday which is a nice touch. I also loved the location as it was just out enough to be quiet to sleep on a chill day or night in but a 5 minute walk to all the good clubs and bars in Northbridge. I would definitely stay again without any hesitation. Thanks, Spinners.

• 12th May 2015

I extended and stayed a week. A really nice hostel... Clean, tidy, good common room, nice kitchen, spacious rooms. I would definitely recommend it.

Glad you enjoyed your stay Pleasure to have you Cheers Spinner

Chilled out hostel, nice for long term stay

The hostel was about 15 min walk from the train station but I did get lost on the way there. The facilities were ok, the kitchen was always clean and the showers were good. Didn't get one night of good sleep because of a German guy snoring in the room or the fan outside the door being really loud. Free wifi was good. Wouldn't stay there again because 30 a night is far too expensive for this place.

very nice and familiar hostel, great respectful people, great location only 10 minutes to center and everythings clean and tidy,

Very clean hostel, but seemed like a lot of long term guests which made the atmosphere less than welcoming. It was definetly ok for a night stop over

Thanks Glad you enjoyed stay We do have many people that stay for a while as we are more a working backpackers We help people find work if they are looking for a job Cheers Spinner

This was my first hostel in Oz.. Was supposed to stay for a few days and ended up spending 2 weeks and will soon return for another couple of days before I go farming.. Perfect starting point in Perth.. Everyone is like a family.. Friendly guests.. Just love it.. Proper home away from home

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Malta

I'm still staying at Spinners, probably will stay for a few weeks so it's definitely good enough. Could use better wifi though. Quite relaxed, I'm not even sure who all are employees at the hostel. Most guests seem to be staying for a longer time, working in town.

I liked it, I was expecting something that would look cleaner. because, eventhough it was, somehow I hesitated how clean it was going to be...

It was great very convient for the Fringe festival and very clean and quiet.

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure having you stay with us Cheers Spinner

A happy, clean and friendly hostal.

Thank you :) it was a pleasure having you stay with us Cheers Spinner

Stayed here for 3nights with my boyfriend. Wasn't sure what to expect from previous reviews but don't be fooled, it's a good place to stay! People are friendly, big clean kitchen and chill out area, free pool! Nothing negative to say about it. Enjoy