Spinner's Backpackers Reviews

342 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

This hostel is a relaxinb hostel, most people here work too and its very clique but it just depends when your there. It isnt a party hlstel, you can get a good night sleep, its got a good enoug location, and good facilities. No one on reception constantly though you did not know who was working as they could often be on the sofa watching tv. For $30 a night though I did not find it value for moneh especially when there were no windows in the room.

Thanks mate for your comments There are 2 rooms without windows These rooms have sky lights which let in natural light We do appreciate your feedback Cheers Spinner

Awesome hostel. Would definitely recommend. Very tidy and kitchen/bathrooms always clean. Was supposed to stay for 4 nights but still here 2 weeks later. Most people work during the week and enjoy a few drinks in the evening and the weekends. Hostel is a short walk to all the restaurants, bars and CBD but not so close so can sleep at night. Will definitely come back next year when I'm back in Perth.

The staff was excellent! They helped me with everything I needed, even going so far as to help me figure out a problem I had with my flight with my airlines when I was having trouble getting a hold of the airlines. All of the other guests who I spoke with were long term stayers on working holiday; I was the only tourist. The refrigerator and kitchen are useful for if you're trying to save a buck on food. Note: No free wifi! You have to pay to us it. Bring a lock to lock your pack in the locker.

A very clean hostel with helpful staff. The only downside was the additional cost to use the wifi.

Overall a good hostel. 10 minute walk to the city. Clean rooms, bathrooms average. Big kitchen, TV with foxtel. WIFI REALLY EXPENSIVE!!

Really great kitchen space! It was fun to cook there with everyone else. Rooms were fine, bathrooms were fine. A little walk to Williams St and the bus stations. Found a grab coffee shop called Little Wily's on Williams St too. Staff were really helpful and friendly. No free wifi and no breakfast included which wasn't ideal. But still an easy, friendly space with a nice homely feel.

Can't really fault this hostel. Spinner was really helpful, everything was nice and clean, good location etc. Bit of a quieter hostel as there were a few long termers, but I appreciated the peace and quiet after a crazy couple of weeks in Sydney getting woken up every night by drunk people! (not that I was totally innocent). Definitely recommend.

• 6th Jan 2014

I have been travelling for a year and this was one of my favourite hostels in Australia. Small hostel but a good sized 6 share dorm with big lockers you could put your entire backpack in. Nice toilets and showers. Most people staying in the hostel were friendly and it had a good atmosphere. Staff presence on reception was not the most visible but someone is always covering 24 hours a day. You may just have to find them :-). The guy I found on my last morning was really helpful :-).

This hostel has everything you need as a backpacker: huge lock boxes in the rooms for all of your things, very clean facilities, warm showers, huge kitchen. There were many people living long term in the hostel which didn't make it a very warm, fun, welcoming atmosphere. Also, most of the long term-ers work at the hostel which makes it hard to know who's on duty.... the desk isn't often staffed.

Over all, I enjoyed my stay at Spinner's. As it is only 5 minutes away from central northbridge it's not far to all the party locations, but you have a clean and quiet place to sleep at the same time. When we checked in, the staff was rather grumpy, but Spinner himself was a really friendly guy. The bathrooms and rooms were really clean, which was nice. Internet is not included and quite expensive to buy.

I've to say this is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. The atmosphere is really good, people are friendly and always make you feel welcomed. I can only find one negative thing to say about this hostel and it's was one of the staff, who seemed to be very moody and un-inviting from the moment walked into the hostel to check-in it appear as if I'd done something to him. However all the other staff were very happy to help even stop to have a chat.