Spinner's Backpackers Reviews

342 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Perth, Australia

The hostel was nice and homely, although possibly better for people who were intending to stay longer. Location was quite away out of the centre of the city so isgoodif youyou want a bit of peace and quite.

I'm still here now and not planning on moving somewhere else just yet. Spinner's is a great long term stay hostel, lots of people here look for work and the hostel staff often try and help with that. The huge open plan kitchen/living room area makes sure everyone who wants to can be social all in one place. There's enough of a "social scene" here, with people going out and organising trips to the beach etc but it's not just a party house where people keep you awake all night.

• 9th Dec 2015

I stayed there about 3 weeks in a 10 bed dorm. It was pretty quiet and clean, the atmosphere was very friendly. I recommend it! Its not too big and nicely located in northbridge. Mabye there could be some more parking bays for travellers with cars..

• 5th Nov 2015

Decent location, close to bars, restaurants, train and city. Owner was a friendly bloke. Significant number of long-stayers, seems like a good place if your working.

Arrived from UK and originally booked for 6 nights, had a delay in hiring a camper and the owner and staff were very helpful accommodating me for a further 3 nights. Friendly atmosphere and a clean environment. Staff take a lot of pride in the cleanliness. Chilled out hostel. Will be booking to stay again before flying back to uk. Cheers guys.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Seemed like a hub for long-stay visitors / those travelers who are working in Australia. As a one night visitor it was a bit intimidating. Quite expensive for what was offered. Didn't feel like the cleanest place I've stayed. It seems that some guests were offered free wi-fi while others were not? The owner (I think?) was very nice and helpful in checking out but the check in process was very complicated and the staff was not very enthusiastic to help out.

Thanks for your comments Firstly all guests get free wifi downstairs. Our check inn system is very simple. We check all guests in after 2pm the reason we do this is we clean all rooms after check outs and make sure our rooms are ready for the new arrivals. We are a working hostel as we do help our international guests find work. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels Cheers Spinner

Not a bad place to stay. I stayed for 6 nights in a private room. The staff was very helpful and always around whenever I need to ask something. Yes, maybe it is full with long term guests but they are all nice people. The only drawback is that I found that the toilet was not being clean everyday.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

I found the hostel ok. It had a nice social area/kitchen, but I felt they lacked adequate facilities, seeing as there was only 2 showers and 2 toilets for the entire male population of the hostel. Pretty good location only a 10 min walk from northbridge and 15 from the CBD. The staff could sometimes come across as quite cold. The wifi was terrible. Overall not too bad.