Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

12 people to a small room and 80 euro per night (weekend rate) was not worth it. If we're 40-50 euro per night would def be worth it.

Thank you for your review! Honestly you did not pay 80 euro per night but 69 euro for a 12 beds dorm which is different. Pricey weekend? yes! on the weekend with the biggest concert of the year in Dublin in summer time our prices weren't different but exactly the same to the other hostels. We do not make any person to stay with us it is guests choice! but a part of this we are happy that you have found a good hostel, clean with good location and great staff as your review says your marks.

Simple hostel, friendly staff, great location!

Thank you for your review and for the time with us! was really nice to have you here!

Overall nice place but really needed more outlets.

Thank you for your honest review! We apologise for the inconvenience without many power sockets in your room we definitely will be installing more as we are upgrading the hostel. Thank you again for your stay!

Good hostel for a good price. Kitchen was always impeccably clean and the breakfast was uncapped and diverse, so I was happy! Not a lot of power outlets in the rooms, but overall great stay!

Thank you for the honest review! We really appreciate when our guests make it honestly as it will help us to improve our service. As you saw here our concern is cleanliness and specially where people make their meals must be impeccably clean. We apologise for the inconvenience you have found without many power sockets in your room but is one of our priority of improvement as we are working on that. Thank you again for your stay!

Great location, staff were good. Small rooms, ensuite was average, nothing amazing, standard average place. Okay for cheap accommodation.

Good hostel with a poor atmosphere. Location is great, staff friendly, but book only if you are traveling in a large group or are under 21. If you are looking for a hostel to party in, this is a good one, but if you are looking for a place to sleep well, probably look elsewhere

We loved the location of the spire itwascloseto everything we wanted to do and had planned. The staff was friendly and quite helpful. We enjoyed the atmosphere throughout thehostel.

• 18th Jul 2015

Thank you for your honest review! We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

enjoyed this hostel. dorms were a good size and the kitchen area was pretty good. only negative thing was that our dorm was facing the road and next to the lounge so it was pretty much noisy all the time. that aside I would definitely stay here again. location was great!!!!

Very clean hostel with super friendly staff! All staff was willing to help me out in terms of what to do in the city. Would stay here again!

• 14th Jul 2015

Great staff and location. The price went up substantially on weekends and I only realized once it was too late to cancel. They wanted to charge extra for locker, and other luxuries that most hostels (I've stayed at) have provided as a courtesy. The beds were very uncomfortable. They seemed to cater to Spanish speakers who appeared in large groups that monopolized the common areas. Not the ideal "irish" experience. Would not stay again.

Hostel was clean and well-kept. Staff was excellent. Excellent Wi-Fi coverage. Guest computer for printing boarding passes was a nice touch as well. We arrived late so it was difficult to see most of the facility. We were in a 12-bed dorm which realistically should have been a 10-bunk...TIGHT quarters, hard to maneuver around in the dark without waking other guests. This would have been fine if we didn't need to make our beds upon arrival, which it made difficult.

Nice hostel to stay at, was very busy which was good.

• 12th Jul 2015

Very nice hostel! The staff is very kind, wifi in every location, clean dorm and bath rooms,good outdoor area Thumbs up!

The Spire Hostel was the only available option I founded for staying at Dublín one summer's saturday, booking one week before de arrival date. Considering that, the Hostel accomplished my expectatives: it was clean, tiny, well located and the staff was kind. However the beds are too close each other and there is no doubt that a bed in that 6 beds-room does not worth 48 € at all. So.. If you need accomodation and you havent got any better, The Spire Hostel is an aceptable option

fantastic location. helpful staff. clean hostel. definitely recommend

Very nice Hostel at a very good location! I stayed in 6 bed room and it was very clean. There were also quite a lot of young people in the hostel, so there was always someone to talk to. Maybe if you're looking for a quiet place, this is not the right option for your. There was only one downside, which is the prize, they charge you for a Friday/Saturday night, but I guess, this is everywhere in Dublin if you book something last-minute...

There were people in the common room making a huge amount of noise all night. When I woke in the morning to get my ferry home they were still in there drinking and being noisy. There were signs saying no noise after midnight. When I mentioned it to the receptionist he just said sorry. He could hear all of the noise but did nothing about it. This annoyed me a little but overall it was a good hostel

Staff were really friendly and accomdating.

• 3rd Jul 2015

This hostel is the best of Dublin. I got very good friends and I really enjoyed my time here. There is always something going on. Someone to hang out with. You can relax or have fun. Spire hostel suits for everyone. I left my pub guidebook in the living room but I can say it is hard to choose one of 900 pubs. Also hard to leave the hostel if you spend only one night. I come back as soon as possible! x

My visit to the spire was wonderful because of the staff, thanks Jenna! Basic breakfast included was a plus, and lockers available for daily rental.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4