Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

Overall pretty good! The location is awesome and the staff was even better. It's just that how the hostel is laid out that it was difficult to meet people (at least for me) because there was 3 or 4 places people could lounge and on different floors, not just 1 big area, and they were quite sectioned off. But like I said, still good!

Brilliant hostel, great staff, super clean, multiple bathrooms, comfy beds. After staying at a not so nice hostel in Dublin I was pretty sceptical, but It was great

Quite centrally located north of the River Liffey. Nice 6 bed dorm and I met a few cool people. Staff were nice but very involved within themselves and their friend group. Not a great social atmosphere, but overall the stay was fine. Showers are very small.

It is a good hostel in an excellent location and the wifi is working very well all over the building rather than just in the common area. Staff are friendly and very helpful. The place is nice and clean. There is smoke balcony at the back of second floor so you don't have to come out of the building. The only thing I would suggest them in term of improve service and facility is that they should have all day tea and coffee. Otherwise all is very good.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Thank you so much for your honest review and for your suggestion! We really appreciate reviews that help us to improve our service for our guests!

The location is what got me. Great and east to find. I wish there had been lockers in the rooms though. They let me store my bag in their luggage room after I checked out which was amazing so helpful! And the luggage room had lockers that I think were available to use, I didnt and everything was fine, no one had even touched my bag. The staff were super nice and friendly and they had a computer and printer that you can use for free!

• 15th Jun 2015
  • huguetlin

Thank you so much for your honest review!! We are so happy to hear that you really like the hostel and that everything went great for you! Our intention is not only provide a bed for our guest but to make everything easy for them and to help with anything and look after anyone that may have an issue!

Great atmosphere but just like everything in Dublin its spendy. Free beer when I was there so that made up for it

Thank you so much for your honest review! That's great that you like to stay with us! and the free drink is one of our events that we do on Saturdays and it is an courtesy to our guests, why not? We are happy that you have enjoyed it with us!

Great location and super helpful staff. However there were a bunch of people living there for an extended time and they kind of took over all the facilities as there own which was annoying. Also, my bed was taken by someone when I went to bed and though the staff was very helpful in finding me a new bed, it was still inconvenient when I just wanted to pass out. Other than that, great hostel and very convenient for the price.

• 11th Jun 2015

The staff was fantastic! Really liked them. The room was okay. The only couple of things: - Put railings on the upper bunk beds; That's a health-hazard and if someone falls off you could be sued! - 2 Showers for 3x6-8 females is NOT enough. - Showers were cold - I almost fell in the shower when I got surprised by the freezing cold water. - If you offer a packed breakfast, come through with it!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Wish the rooms weren't so packed! Like that you'll print boarding passes though.

Amazing place with amazing people! Clean, fun...a fantastic experience :) ..looking forward to coming back

I personally found the bathrooms to be unhygienic and the bed to be relatively gross. Rather than having one bathroom per room, there was one general bathroom for all of the males staying at the hostel. As well as that l, the general populace of the other individuals staying at the hostel was somewhat disproportionately older, one woman having a child with her, which negatively affected the atmosphere of the hostel for me.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review! We are focused on hygiene and cleanliness and we appreciate when guests tell us at reception any issue they may have and we look after the problem. We believe people have a clue what they are booking, 4, 6, 8, 20 beds dorm, En-suite or sharing bathroom, not hostel's fault if you don't even know what you have booked. Woman with a child is a babysitter taking care of staff child, noting wrong with that!

I liked the place on the photos but the reality is much better. I felt very welcome, especially thanks to the staff. They really do their best and want people feel welcome, try to help you with eveyrthing you need and nothing is a problem for them. And they smile while they are helping you, that´s great! :) The rooms are ok, I slept well and long that´s all I needed :) Just one detail - I would appreciate more space for our bags in the rooms.

A very pleasant stay and it was a great bonus that the reception happened to be from Finland as well and we got to speak some Finnish after a long while to someone else than ourselves, too.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

great hostel and location! staff were friendly! loved the bathroom in the 6 bed share room!

• 4th Jun 2015

Nice staff I enjoyed my stay. ;-)

I have stayed in numerous hostels and id say the best offer under-bed or in room lockers, where you can store your pack and get to it easily. this hostel did not have that. you could store your pack but in a separate room other than your dorm. the staff man the door well, but after you are in a room anyone can get at your stuff. value for the money. I spent 60 some euro for a bed in a 12 man dorm where I had to put my own sheets on the bed. not something id expect for a 60 some euro a night

• 2nd Jun 2015

The bathrooms could have been cleaner and it would have been nice if they had somewhere to put your clothes while you showered so you could change in there and avoid walking around a bunch in a towel.

Helpful reception team. Facilities fine. Good breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Spire Hostel. I arrived in Dublin very late at night, but check in was quick and easy. It is also easy to get to when using the bus from the airport. All staff I encountered were very helpful and friendly. It is centrally located, so very easy to walk to many of the sights. I didn't use the kitchen so I can't really comment on that. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel, I had a very comfortable two nights.

The temp on the showers couldn't be changed, just an on and off, I'm not sure if I'm particularly sensitive, but it burned me. That aside, hostel was decent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3