8.5
Fabulous 879 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 879 Total Reviews
Spire Hostel Located at 90-93 Marlborough Street, , Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin Dublin 1 90-93 Marlborough Street
85% 879
53.3499236 -6.2583017
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
6.9

The location of the Spire Hostel is perfect for exploring Dublin city. The kitchen is very well equipped and the included breakfast is great. However, the bathrooms in the dorms are not very clean, one of the toilets was clogged when I was there and there is no hot water for showers. Overall, it's a good hostel to stay for the night, however I wouldn't want to spend any length of time there.

• USA, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2016

It was a great hostel. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind. The other travelers that stayed there were all very respectful of each others space, belongings, and time. The location couldn't have been better, right by O'Connel bridge which allowed almost any part of Dublin you could want to visit a short walk away. Also was very close to airport access at all times of the day. I definitely would recommend this hostel and if I am traveling to Ireland again, will try to stay here for sure.

14th Jul 2016
7.4

It was pretty standard and the staff was okay.

13th Jul 2016
5.1

When I arrived, the front desk wasn't too helpful in giving me suggestions and seemed irritated when I asked for directions to a specific restaurant. My bed was uncomfortable, the entire room smelled awful, and it was so dirty. I don't think my sheets were washed, the mattress and pillow were covered in long dark hair and there were stains all over them. I will not be staying at this hostel again.

Thank you for your review! We think you have made a huge mistake confusing yourself which hostel you have reviewed as your review only came through 7 days after your stay and this is not really here as described! We give clean and fresh bed sheets at the check-in so you didn't sleep in a dirty sheet unless you took wrong bed and slept on it. So we don't even comment about the hair found in your pillow because it is not possible to happened when you get fresh clean sheets to dress your own bed. The girls room which you stayed is a new painted room with new beds and if there was some bad smell it was definitely from someone not from the room. Reception is always happy to help our guests with anything they may need, always very friendly and we have plenty of suggestion where to go and what to do. Sorry if you had an bad experience with another property because what is in your review is not related to us!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

Good location, rooms big and spacious. Good wifi and bathrooms ! Highly recommend walking tour at 11 under the big spire

Thank you for your review! We hope you had a great time with us!

• sapeksha
  • India, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2016

I liked my stay here. The hostel is very close to the city center, the Spire. Getting anywhere is easy by walk. The hostel had clean bathrooms and provided toileteries too, which was helpful for me because I had forgotten to bring mine. The staff was also pretty helpful.

Thank you for your lovely words! We much appreciate truly reviews and guests saying exactly what they have found here and how they feel. It always help us to improve our service to give a pleasant stay to everyone!

• orla101
  • Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
7.1

Staff were very friendly, great location, 5 minute walk to the city centre. It was very clean. Only problem was we had to dress our own beds, sheet, duvet cover, pillow case etc. These were given to us on arrival. We paid €42 each for one night so we felt it was a bit mean as we had to dress our own beds. If we paid €16 somewhere else this would be done for us.

7th Jul 2016
7.4

Best part about this place is the location. Don't bother asking anyone at the front desk for advice on places to go and things to do, they are completely useless. The bed and bathroom were fine, but the room was right above the smoking area, which was loud until 4 am, and the people in my room insisted on having the windows closed. So the room was about 1000 degrees.

5th Jul 2016
8.0

The hostel is located in a great area. The dorm room we shared had a bathroom with two showers and two stalls. Overall a good stay with free luggage service. Breakfast isn't anything special. Staff was very helpful. Not much common areas for socialization or ability to create an atmosphere. Certain parts of bathroom and room could have been cleaned a lot better.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Jul 2016
7.4

Only here for one night. The locations is great, but I had to mark it down because there is a ton of construction going on right outside the door - really noisy in the mornings. Overall atmosphere good and facilities were clean. Would give it another chance for a full stay once roadwork clears up. Staff very helpful. No lockers in the room to secure your belongings tho - this would be very useful