Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

This hostel in itself was fine facilities wise, but I would not recommend staying here. I paid 34€ for a 26 bed dorm which is outrageous , it was just the only room in the city left. Also it is filled with people living there/ doing long stays and as a solo traveller this made for an awful atmosphere. I had a brief conversation with one person and everyone else ignored me as they have their groups already from living there. Not good for solo travellers at all

This Hostel has a great locantion and the staff are very helpful. I liked this hostel and I recommend it. The bathroom and bedroom are very clean

• 30th Mar 2014

This was my first stay in a hostel and it was wonderful! The staff was above and beyond my expectations, the atmosphere was fun, I felt very safe and the location is ideal. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 23rd Mar 2014

This hostel was very centrally located and at a great price. The rooms were ok, but not the cleanest and the bathrooms were constantly out of toilet paper. I found the front desk staff excellent and very accommodating, but the cleaning staff not great. They said certain rooms closed at a certain time, but if they'd already cleaned it early I got yelled at to get out because it was cleaned and closed. Overall I don't think it was a bad hostel, but I wouldn't stay here again.

I was here for Paddys day and it was REALLY over priced. It was also kind of a weird atmosphere, there were a lot of people that working/living at the hostel permanently and they weren't particularly friendly. No lockers in the rooms, but I didn't feel like anything would be stolen because everyone had cell phones left everywhere. It's a good location to O Connell's St, about 10minutes to temple bar. I think maybe it was just the atmosphere that was a bit off, not recommended for solo travelers.

Thank you for your review! Everyone is free to book a bed or not and the price concerned was there as the same for other place and you chose us, it was your decision only! Our property doesn't have lockers in the rooms which is normal but they are located at reception. The reason you have seen smart/mobile phones all over the place is because our hostel has friendly atmosphere as mentioned by most of reviews and also is a secure hostel. We also have only three volunteers as work exchange.

My stay at Spire was over St. Patricks day celebrations. The hostel was one of the most welcoming I've stayed in. Everyone including staff and guests socialized together. The staff were very helpful and aimed to please. The hostel itself wasn't the cleanest I've stayed in but was the most homely. Huge amount of common areas including a great kitchen and dining room. Also a lounge and large outdoor BBQ area. If you want somewhere where you feel your amongst friends then I suggest spire hostel.

• 16th Mar 2014

We would like to say thank you very much for the honest review! We do concern about our guest to few comfortable and welcome as a friend not just as a guest in the hostel! We also concern about security and cleanliness but obviously some time is beyond our control to keep rooms tidy and clean at all time specially when we are completely full for 5 nights in a row and also some people do not respect/ cooperate to keep the place pleasant to themselves. We hope you had a nice stay with us!!

A bit of a party hostel with lots of long term guests. It will be loud with lots of banging doors and drunk people throughout. Great location and great staff

• 15th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review! We apologise for any inconvenience you may had. You just came on the beginning of St. Patrick's weekend when everyone was celebrating the festival. The average age in our hostel is between 23 to 30 years old and they always want to enjoy life! However we really appreciate your review which helps us to improve our control of guests being drunk and disturbing some others, also we always ask our guest to report any issue to the reception and we can look into it.

Lovely place, lovely athmosphere and perfect staff. I just stayed only one night , but this is the place that I will come back for sure. The location is very very good, aswell as the room and the bathrooms. Everthing is clean, and you feel easly at home. Is also very secure, and you can relie on this staff for good tips on Temple Bar district :D

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Good hostel, the living room a is very comfortable and "sociable" place. Security is one their primary concerns and the staff is very kind. Perhaps, the breakfast could be a little better organized: the room is a bit narrow and is not always easy to find a seat.

I had an amazing time there. There were so many nice people that wanted to hang out with you and the environment was very open. If you like a family oriented environment this is the environment for you.

Great hostel, has everything you need. Was a bit loud with a big group of people staying there at the same time, but other than that it was fine. Everything just a short walk from there and you can't get lost, just look for the Spire!

Couple - clean dble bedroom with shared bath as advertised. Security very good as access only by card. Luggage room handy after check out but do not leave valuables there (no tag for identification of bags). Not their fault but there was very early roadworks in the street off our room then (started at 8:30am on sunday) so very hard after late night. Good atmosphere, nice bkfast, mighty location as well for Luas. overall a good central address. friendly + helpful staff

Great hostel with good area to hang out, best staff, allways helpful

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Thanks for your review. We appreciate all review from our guests and thank you for being very honest. We know that the choice is always made by guests to stay with us and we do our best to give them a great stay.

The best hostel I have ever seen

• 27th Oct 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Spire, it is not a far walk from Temple Bar and Trinity Collage. The staff there are excellent, were very helpful and friendly!

• 25th Oct 2013

It was two lovely weeks there...good staff, good people, very clean and the most amazing thing: really near to EVERYTHING. Atmosphere was like a big family, I never saw something like that in another hostel. Very good place!

• 24th Oct 2013