Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

Great friendly welcome to this multicultural, familliale, young funky hostel with an amazing location iny the heart of the country's capital....! With young Martin and his family this Irish, Spanish, italian,Croatian multicultural hostel is a real gem....!

• 26th Aug 2015

I know 24hrs check in might be good for some of the travellers. But ppl check in in the midnight def influence the other who are sleeping. Can hv better arrangement for that.

Very clean and central hostel, very busy hostel which is good to meet people. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I like the kitchen, it looks new and they keep it spotless. The breakfast was also really good, not only cereal and bread which is usual in other hostels.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

The only thing that could be improved is the water temperature in the showers. It would quickly change from hot to cold throughout the shower.

well equipeded kitchen, lot's of room to hang out and meet people it's so cool that you have free printing!

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location very central near bus and trains. Nice that breakfast is included and the hostel is very cheap. The room is quite cramped with not much space for luggage - esp if you are on the top bunk - but that's why it's cheap so I'm not complaining! Also good that you can choose a female only dorm as now it's not so easy to find that option in Dublin.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel in comparison to many others that I have been at before. The location is really great, you are in the center of Dublin and can get around easily. I also enjoyed the very helpful and kind staff, the free breakfast, and the clean bathroom. The only annoyances was the uncontrollable temperature of the shower and the limited outlets, but I had stayed in a girl dorm with about 10 other girls. Besides that, my stay in Dublin and the Spire was great.

• 15th Aug 2015

Most staff extremely friendly and genuinely interested in helping you. Great kitchen and great location. Rooms were a bit squishy and small. Overall a pleasant stay!

all the staff were very nice and helpful. location is good, and close to several different food places, pubs, and grocery store.

Room was tiny with quite a low ceiling. With six people in such a small room it was quite sticky and cramped... The bathroom (ensuite - two showers and a separate, lockable toilet) was clean, but in a mixed dorm it would be better to be able to lock the whole bathroom. The (also very tiny) window looked towards the inner patio and with the smoking area towards the back it was noisy in the evening/night and as the whole hostel is quite badly soundproofed it was noisy in the morning too.

The staff were very helpful and very attractive. ;-)

• 10th Aug 2015

Nice hostel, small and clean. Great breakfast included and very helpful and kind stuff. I staied for 3 nights in the 10 female bedroom. The room was a little bit too small and you can hardly move when all 10 people are inside it.

Great Hostel!!! Good price, clean... breakfast, attentive staff and they offer free beer and barbecue!

• 8th Aug 2015

Good location, rooms are all right. Staff are very friendly. Toilets can ve cleaner. Breakfast is not bad.

Decent beds. Pillows could be better. No lockers for your suitcase, just a luggage room that was easily accessed by others. Good wifi. Bathrooms were cleaned reg. Rooms could be hot. People seemed stand offish. Some were living in the hostel. Great location near Temple Bar and The Spire. Breakfast was corn flakes. Computer and printer access was handy for printing tickets. Not the best but far from bad. Fair price for what was offered. Construction happening next door starting at 8am.

Place is top shelf! Great location can pretty much walk everywhere. Staff are awesome! I was out partying and didn't rock back up to the hostel till checkout and they said it was all sweet take my time have a shower and check out when I'm ready to go. Dublin is an awesome place and I'll definitely be back and I'll be staying at the spire hostel again! Two thumbs up!

Thank you for your honest review! We are here to give our best to our guests and we want everyone feel comfortable and relaxed while stay with us! If guest don't tell us what they need we cannot help, if guest don't tell us problems we cannot help them! So you did tell us and it was a pleasure to help you with you needs =)

It was a great hostel experience. Very friendly staff that was highly attentive and informative. There were only two showers on our floor but never felt that it was busy. The bathroom ran out of toilet paper a lot but nothing too major. My only complaint would be that some of the bunk beds had railings while the others didn't. Wish I could've known that since I ted to move a lot when I'm sleeping. Overall - great experience. Wifi worked throughout which is always such a plus!

Thank you for your honest review! We must give all attention to our guest that's why our staff are always ready to help with anything! There reason you have found only two showers is because most of the other rooms have their own toilets and showers. sorry for the missing toilet paper you could tell us at reception and we have had sorted it out. Regarding to the bed with problem we apologise if there was any inconvenience. We are upgrading all the beds in the hostel gradually,

Pro: Room is big to fit 10beds. Outdoor terrace in wonderful. Cons: Lack of power point. Shower cubicle is small, no place to hang toiletries and clothes. Kitchen has very limited time usage, otherwise close especially in early morning for those who wakes up earlier than 7am.

12 people to a small room and 80 euro per night (weekend rate) was not worth it. If we're 40-50 euro per night would def be worth it.

Thank you for your review! Honestly you did not pay 80 euro per night but 69 euro for a 12 beds dorm which is different. Pricey weekend? yes! on the weekend with the biggest concert of the year in Dublin in summer time our prices weren't different but exactly the same to the other hostels. We do not make any person to stay with us it is guests choice! but a part of this we are happy that you have found a good hostel, clean with good location and great staff as your review says your marks.

Simple hostel, friendly staff, great location!

Thank you for your review and for the time with us! was really nice to have you here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5