Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

The Spire was perfect for what we needed; a one night stop over on the way to Galway. We stayed in the double bed private room which was clean and comfortable. The bathroom are, well, standard communal bathrooms. The breakfast was minimal, I.e. Toast, cereal, muffins. My only real complaint is that we were woken up at 7am sharp by very loud, very consistent construction right outside our window. If you are going in the near future, be warned that you will have a loud wake up call!

Overall I had a great experience. The staff were kind and helpful. The location was excellent and right in the city centre which was perfect for seeing the parade.The party atmosphere for St. Patrick's Day was awesome! The hostel gave out free drinks and had a DJ. It was definitely overpriced for St. Pattys Day though. My only complaint is that I didn't like the buttons for using the showers. You constantly had to hit them to keep the water running.

You get what you pay for. It's cheap for a reason. Saying that it is a great location, good staff and great common areas. Great atmosphere also. If you are after something basic it's recommended. The only thing I would really criticise is the top bunks don't have bars on them to protect you from falling out. This made me slightly concerned & I can see someone drunk possibly breaking their neck if the top bunks aren't upgraded a bit. However, overall is a good hostel.

Great hostel with nice terrace. They had great actvity with bbq lots of people joined the party, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 6th Mar 2015

I spent two nights in a 8 beds dorm. it was very clean hostel and very central with helpful staff.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Great location friendly helpful staff

My stay at the Spire Hostel was like no other, the hostel was absolutely superb. The staff were helpful & friendly, always ready to assist to any problem you may have. Its central location made it very easy to get around the beautiful city of Dublin. Something I noticed in particular was how clean it was. Everyday, sick & spam! The double bedroom was most comfortable. Warm and cosy, with the nice surprise of some chocolates on your arrival. With only good things to say, I can't wait to go back!!

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Romania

I stayed in a 20 beds dorm, toilets were very clean and room too. staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked the lobby very relaxing. Great hostel overall for me.

• 1st Mar 2015

A very bad night at the spire hostel, dangerous beds, tiny room for 6, dirty bathroom, very noisy and really expensive for the quality.

The breakfast could have been better rather than only providing the bread

Thank you for you review! Our courtesy breakfast served every morning from 7:30am till 10am has bread (toast), jam, butter, chocolate spread, milk, coffee, tea, two cereals, cookies, yoghurt and we have a staff in the kitchen to ensure everything are provided. I don't know HOW you only ate bread.

Hostel is very central. Our room was close to the kitchen/common room so it was very loud until the early morning hours. It would be good to close this area at a certain time to allow guests to sleep after midnight.

I stayed the 30th and 31st of December... though, yes, it is located right beside the city centre, and yes you can walk to all the main attractions, and yes, the bars and clubs are a stroll away, the best part of this hostel is the staff. Everyone–and I mean everyone–welcomes you, accepts you, invites you to dinners and parties and social hours. I highly recommend this hostel for any backpackers.

• 30th Dec 2014

The staff was really helpful and gave us good tips, and it's well located. But the bathroom was cold and the hand dryer was not working at all.It's really clean and the breakfast also is great.

• 19th Dec 2014

This was a good hostel to stay at. My only con is that they don't have lockers in the dorms. Pros: wifi, kitchen, breakfast, showers, warm blankets

Great hostel for a great price, right at the center of town so you dont have to pay 2.35 for the bus every time.

• 31st Oct 2014

It seemed like many of the people who were there lived there so people mostly kept to themselves. Staff was friendly and everything was kept clean but you had to pay to lock up your things and it felt awkward that you were a traveler among people who seemingly lived there.

Good location, staff were helpful. We were in a 6 bed mixed dorm and the room was tiny ! Atmosphere of the hostel wasn't very good, too many groups of people hanging out in the kitchen and made us feel uncomfortable.

Great location right of O'Connell street and a two minute walk to the Abbey Theatre, which was ideal for Dublin Theatre Festival weekend. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Best weekend trip ever! The people at the hostel really made the trip, staff and the others staying there. I definitely want to try to make it back for another weekend!

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel is new but will wear down quickly due to the large number of people literally residing there.

• 2nd Oct 2014