Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

The Spire Hostel was very accommodating to my needs. The bathrooms were exceptionally clean. The staff were friendly and always willing to help. I would definitely go back and I look forward to it! One of, if not the best hostels in Dublin.

One of the worst hostels I've stayed at. The bathrooms were particularly bad. Good location though

Good breakfast, clean and in a fantastic central location. My only criticism is that a lot of people in the hostel are living there. This meant that two spanish girls in my room acted like they owned the place - playing music until late, having loud conversations when others were on Skype/trying to sleep, leaving their stuff everywhere etc. There's definitely a culture here that those visiting for a few days play second fiddle to to the full timers. That being said it's still decent value :-)

Thanks a lot for your honest review! We really appreciate when guests SAY THE TRUE and how they feel. We apologise for any inconvenience may caused and to clarifying that some long term mentioned on this review means that they are students booked by college as Dublin is a popular destination for this purpose and the students stays in many hostels for 2,3 or 4 weeks, "not living". We always say to our guest that any problem must be reported at reception and we will do our best to solve any issue!

My husband and I did not enjoy our stay at Spire. While the bathrooms in our room and the bed sheets were clean, we did not like the location (the other side of the river is better- this was tourist centra like), and we felt like we were intruding on a close knit group that lives there long term. We did not feel welcome in the kitchen/common rooms because they would yelll constantly, open the windows we were sitting right next to without saying anything. They had no regard for others. So rude.

The amount you pay for this hostel is not worth it at all!! Do not book the mixed room it's so cramped barely could even spend the night there. Worst.

• 28th Mar 2015

The amount guests see online is the amount they will pay BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE IT. Our service is the same to everyone and when you book into a 12 BEDS mixed dorm sharing with other people it can be noisy, quiet, cramped or empty depending how busy or what is happening in the city during the weekends, not hostels fault really. We do our best to make our guests feel comfortable and if there is any issue our reception is 24 hours open, no stop, to look after our guests whatever they need!!!

The Spire was my favorite hostel I've been to in Europe. The environment there is very family like with a large kitchen/ hang out areas and staff that are more than willing to chat it up any time. When I left something at the hostel and realized after I left Dublin, they were in direct contact with me to get it back.

• 26th Mar 2015

The Spire was perfect for what we needed; a one night stop over on the way to Galway. We stayed in the double bed private room which was clean and comfortable. The bathroom are, well, standard communal bathrooms. The breakfast was minimal, I.e. Toast, cereal, muffins. My only real complaint is that we were woken up at 7am sharp by very loud, very consistent construction right outside our window. If you are going in the near future, be warned that you will have a loud wake up call!

Great location, right off O'Connell Street. Walking distance to just about anything. Easy to get to/from airport. Friendly staff. Room and bathroom were regularly cleaned. Lockers were good. Price was low. Spotty wifi, in rooms and in common areas. Very loud all the time - bring earplugs. The guy above me in the bunk bed threw up all over me and my stuff in the middle of the night, and the staff did nothing and just let it sit. All in all, I probably won't return.

Great hostel and in a very good location. Room was not as loud as expected for a 20 person dorm although the pillows were pretty uncomfortable and the emergency exit sign lit up the whole room. Can't complain really though. Shower could have a door on it like the toilets in my opinion in the shared room but again if you have stayed in dorms before then it's not a massive issue. Overall had a great stay, staff and fellow guests nice and friendly too.

Overall I had a great experience. The staff were kind and helpful. The location was excellent and right in the city centre which was perfect for seeing the parade.The party atmosphere for St. Patrick's Day was awesome! The hostel gave out free drinks and had a DJ. It was definitely overpriced for St. Pattys Day though. My only complaint is that I didn't like the buttons for using the showers. You constantly had to hit them to keep the water running.

The location was great, and staff were helpful. The common areas were a bit small but my overall experience was good.

You get what you pay for. It's cheap for a reason. Saying that it is a great location, good staff and great common areas. Great atmosphere also. If you are after something basic it's recommended. The only thing I would really criticise is the top bunks don't have bars on them to protect you from falling out. This made me slightly concerned & I can see someone drunk possibly breaking their neck if the top bunks aren't upgraded a bit. However, overall is a good hostel.

Great hostel with nice terrace. They had great actvity with bbq lots of people joined the party, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 6th Mar 2015

I spent two nights in a 8 beds dorm. it was very clean hostel and very central with helpful staff.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Great location friendly helpful staff

My stay at the Spire Hostel was like no other, the hostel was absolutely superb. The staff were helpful & friendly, always ready to assist to any problem you may have. Its central location made it very easy to get around the beautiful city of Dublin. Something I noticed in particular was how clean it was. Everyday, sick & spam! The double bedroom was most comfortable. Warm and cosy, with the nice surprise of some chocolates on your arrival. With only good things to say, I can't wait to go back!!

I stayed in a 20 beds dorm, toilets were very clean and room too. staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked the lobby very relaxing. Great hostel overall for me.

• 1st Mar 2015

A very bad night at the spire hostel, dangerous beds, tiny room for 6, dirty bathroom, very noisy and really expensive for the quality.

Not a bad stay. Would stay here again.

The breakfast could have been better rather than only providing the bread

Thank you for you review! Our courtesy breakfast served every morning from 7:30am till 10am has bread (toast), jam, butter, chocolate spread, milk, coffee, tea, two cereals, cookies, yoghurt and we have a staff in the kitchen to ensure everything are provided. I don't know HOW you only ate bread.