Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

REALLY GOOD ! Everyone in the staff are nice, helpful and they seem to be like a family. From the morning guys, to the night shift man - that opened the door everynight when we came bit drunk from all the Guiness we had. Good location, to walk and go all around the city. CLEAN bathroom, like hotel standards. RECOMENDED !

The hostel was brilliant, well set out, very chilled atmosphere, helpful staff & great value for money. I particularly loved that the all female form felt very safe & secure - you could leave all your things out on the bed & no one would touch them. Really nice touch to the environment. Obviously not every place is like that - but this hostel really promoted good behaviour. Thanks :)

Fantastic hostel. Great staff and and great location. Only problem was the bass were really creaky and the exit light shines in your eyes. But overall great

Thank you for your lovely words! The emergency light is a fire regulation and we really cannot change it but thank you again for your honest review and for take the time to tell us that you have enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you in another time soon!

Great social spaces (movies available!), very friendly, good cooking facilities, most central location. Stayed in 3 Dublin hostels, and this was the best.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Thank you for stayed with us and for your honest words! We feel so happy the you really enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you soon in another time!

The worst customer care, disappointing.

Thank for your review! We feel sorry for you if you didn't like the hostel because the reception didn't let you bring a person from outside to sleep with you in your shared dorm which is not allowed. We are proud of our guests that have been given compliments for all our staff to being very kind and helpful and so many reviews that anyone can see here. Our main concern is how our guest feel and how we can help them with anything they may need while staying in Dublin. Thank you

The place is awesome...very friendly and extremely helpful I would recommend this hostel to anybody

• 8th Jan 2016

Thank you for your honest review! We are very happy that you enjoy your stay with us and you have had everyone friendly and willing to help you with anything you needed. We hope to see you in another time!

Great hostel, best location, staff are very helpful. very clean hostel and modern facilities.

Thank you for your lovely words and we hope to see you in another time very soon!

Absolutely loved it here, I stayed in a dorm with 22 beds. It was great, met amazing people and was sad to go. Hope to be back soon!

Thank you so much for the lovely words! We feel so happy that you enjoy the time while you stayed with us and could meet nice people here. We hope to see you soon!

Was very expensive compared to other hostels I have stayed in in other European capital, prehaps the time of the year caused it t be so expensive but far more paid then any other hostel I have ever been too.

• 31st Dec 2015

Thank you for your review! The price you paid in Dublin cannot be compared with most of other countries' capital in Europe and our prices were lower than other hostels in Dublin for this time.

The water is never one temperature. 2 seconds hot then cold again.. Not very nice. The breakfast is really nice for a hostel and the cooking facilities as well.

new hostel very central confortable

I had an incredible stay that this hostel! The staff are so friendly and willing to help. They know everything about Dublin and the surrounding area, and give the best suggestions on what you should do during your stay. I've stayed in many other hostels, and none have compared to this one. Incredible facilities, amenities, and a great atmosphere. Thank you so much, Spire Hostel!

• 22nd Dec 2015

the hostel is mosdern clean central alot common area is good

Thank you for your honest review!

The hostel was in a prime spot. It was near the Spire which is a major attraction and buses passed by frequently which was convenient. The hop on/off bus tour also had a stop near the hostel which made traveling Dublin easy and accessible. The hostel served a modest breakfast, but it was good, which occasional specials such as crepes. The staff were very helpful and even gave out suggestions of which attractions were worth it or not. Overall, my stay at the Spire Hostel was worth all that I paid

• 16th Dec 2015

Thank you for you honest review! We are glad that you enjoy your stay with us and we hope to see you in another time!

My trip to Dublin was very brief so I didn't spend much time in the hostel. The staff was extremely helpful, and very kind. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty decent. Sadly, the wifi never worked. Also, you must pay for use of a locker in the luggage room, instead of the usual refundable deposit at most hostels. I was a little worried about the shower in the shared bathroom. Anyone can come in while you're showering. But thankfully I discovered the ladies' bathroom!

Thank you for your honest review! We apologise if you had trouble with Wi-Fi that day. We rent our lockers available at reception as stated in our description. As you stayed in a mixed dorm En-suite, the bathroom is also mixed which is not an issue for hostels travellers, however we Ladies only or Gents only bathrooms indicated by signs in the halls/corridors!!

DO NOT STAY HERE if you are female and plan on staying in a mixed room. There are no lockers for your clothes in your room, the beds are about an inch away from each other, there are 22 beds in one room with ONE see through shower( no curtain, no door) and two toilets. The plugs are away from the beds so you have to leave your phone away from you. The room stank of BO my quilt had a poo stain on it. We did not feel safe at all. Great location however.

• 14th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere, mostly young travelers. Had free drinks in a common area during night and made it very easy to meet others staying at the hostel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful as well! Enjoyed my stay here. Only complaint is there are no lockers in the room, but I had no problems.

I loved my stay in this hostel. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, made it feel like a home away from home. The kitchen and toilets were always clean and there was always someone working at reception so I felt safe.

• 6th Dec 2015

I think it is great about bathroom. The two shower booth in one room is really goood. And the other thing is satisfying.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

No access to plugs near beds

• 4th Dec 2015