Spire Hostel

Fabulous 1269 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1269 Total Reviews

22nd Apr 2017

Had a great stay here! The location was fantastic and easy to find, although you can pretty much walk anywhere in Dublin, haha. The staff were very friendly and kind as well! However, there is only one shower for a dorm of 22 people, and there weren't lockers in the dorm rooms, which would have been nice. Other than that, great place to stay! Had free beer at the party on Saturday!

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
6.6

Staff need to learn to smile.. checked in and it was like they souls where taken from they body. I work in a restaurant and live in a hostel so I understand what you are going though but smile.1 shower for a 32 bed room is a bit too much dont you think? One more thing.I am a morning person so I walked around town for a bit than got back around 720am nothing was at to desk to let me in about 735am when this Spanish girl walk to the desk with her food and let me in. So need to work on people skil

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2017

I lived in Spire in 2012 with friends for 3 months and now in 2017 it's even better with all the coloured and cool decoration. Bedrooms are better, everything clean as usual, hair dryer that I like was there in the female toilet with other useful stuff. Staff are great, happy, friendly and attentious. Joab (the manager) has been doing a nice job over the years to make everything look and be cooler than ever. His hospotality as well made feel at home. Thanks a lot, Joab and all staff! 💚🇨🇮☘

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Apr 2017
6.3

In our room there was a GIANT neon exit sign above the door and literally at face level with the bed situated there. I have stayed at tons of hostels and hotels and never have I ever seen anything like that! It was impossible to ignore, and if you're on a top bunk you can't hang something to block it out. Completely ridiculous. Also, the showers are completely clear. So rather than have clouded glass or just solid doors, it's completely clear. So have fun showering in front of everyone

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

It was a great stay, and breakfast included was nice.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2017

Great place, great people. I loved the environment, met a lot of people and the location is perfect!.

6th Apr 2017

Great location! The wifi was okay, but I occasionally lost connection upstairs. There were outlets by every bed, including top bunks, which was really convenient. The free breakfast was good - your basic hostel bread and jam. The showers could have been a little hotter (there was no temperature adjustment, but they weren't totally cold). The staff was super friendly!

8.0

Pretty good location and helpful staff. Really good free breakfast. Had to make up my own bed in the dark when I arrived at midnight without waking up the other girls in my room. The shower had a button you push for water that lasts only a few seconds like the sinks. That was really frustrating.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5.1

You had to keep pushing a button for the shower to work and you couldn't adjust the temperature The beds were pretty uncomfortable and we had to make our own beds which I guess was fine Breakfast was good Location was good Light next to bed we couldn't turn off

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear from you. Just to explain the shower push button is something very common in hostels across Europe. It is an ecosystem of saving water. Not everything can be expected or the same as in your own Country and it must take in consideration when you leave your home. Understand different cultures and systems is part of travel life. There is no light on next to bed, you may have had the emergency light which is Fire Regulation. Any problem guests may have we expect them to come to our 24h reception. We could have looked into your issues while you were here with us.

3rd Apr 2017

Great location, super close to everything. Staff was all friendly and helpful and they had lots of facilities to use. Free printing, free breakfast, 8 euros for laundry. Only problem was the lack of lockers.

We are glad to hear from you, our guests' reviews are very important to us! There is no lack of locker. Unfortunately, they are not in the rooms but we have all lockers available next to reception with easy access and CCTV surveillance in our free luggage room.