Spire Hostel Reviews

90-93 Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

Perhaps it was just the room we were in, but the majority of those in the room were living there, and there was stuff everywhere! Having lives in Ireland I know it can be difficult to find a place to live in Dublin, but maybe keep the tourist reservations in different rooms? We were only there for like 7 hours before flights, but even at the price it was not somewhere I would stay again.

Good location and staff very helpful! It seems like a lot of people stays at this hostel for long term..

Perfect location, wifi works good in room 1, breakfast is small but included, young crowd of people, so not the best place if you are looking for a quiet night.

This is a great hostel located in an ideal spot. It has the right size for being social with other people in the hostel, and the staff are really friendly. My favorite person on the staff was by far Olga, who could entertain you for days with stories about hitchhiking across Europe. :)

This is a hostel that really feels like a hostel - many of the rooms are large and there are a lot people who have been staying here for a long time. The prices are often low, but you get what you pay for - in the twenty bed dorm I found it very hard to sleep, not just because it was summer but also from the constant coming and going of many of the guests, even at 3AM. The location however is nearly unmatched in Dublin. And all of the staff were friendly and helpful.

This guest stayed in a 4 beds dorm not in 20 beds dorm as he stated and made sort of points where is no sense as he wasn't in this room, he also stayed only one night and did not interacted with other guest at all, the price he paid was quite high and he said it is often low. Do not know what is behind of his review but this is wrong! We have no problem with any review except untrue comments or guest being extremely rude or abusive.

Good hostel on the south side of Dublin. Decent breakfast was included and wi-fi was free. O'connell Street was just a few steps away and most other sights were pretty close.

This location is a little freaky..right downtown dublin is a little sketchy. The bunk beds were comfy but you couldn't sit up in bed without bumping your head as it is very short. A bit of a party hostel as well.

• 15th Jun 2014

Friendly and helpful staff.very central location.everything was clean!! Only negative point was the noise of too young people and the permanently crowded kitchen so we weren't able to cook!

• 15th Jun 2014

Very clean place and very comfy bed, staff was very friendly and helpful, I found a lot of students staying long but they were very friendly too, great atmosphere! Kitchen is a bit small but really clean and new I would come back definitely.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I highly recommend to stay in Spire hostel if you plan to stay in the city center. Perfect location, lively atmosphere and especially very kind, warm hearted staff (special thanks to Mario and Joab) willing to help you at anytime. I really enjoyed staying there. Thanks guys, it was short but really sweeeeeet!!!!! :D

Amazing hostel! Situated on the main city center, close to everything, really nice atmosphere, i really enjoyed the courtyard where i made a lot of friends. The staff is very nice, really thankful to Mario and Joab who gave me really nice tips about Dublin and Ireland in general, thanks! I'll come back!

Stayed in a double private room, was pretty quiet for a hostel. Good location, about 10-15 min walk from most places in Dublin. Would stay again!

A hostel is a place where you're supposed to have some rest and SLEEP. That was IMPOSSIBLE untill 4 AM (and I was in a small 4 bed dorm). Just forget that place.

• 31st May 2014

Perfect location, short walk across river to Temple District. Had to pay for a small locker, and dorm was crowded with everyone's bags and stuff lying around. Could hardly move. Would be better if each bunk had a large locker and power outlet. I could only see 2 power outlets in a 10 bed shared dorm, but there may have been more, just couldn't find them amongst everyone's stuff. Was clean, but had to make your own bed and strip it before you left. Thought this would be done, considering price

Friendly and courteous staff members.

Although facilities are good I found it very crammed. Had a lot of long term people staying who were very rude with their belongings. They wrapped up their bunk areas meaning you couldn't access the top bunk. Also, they need to sort out the plug problem. Extension cords everything!! No place to store bags in room.

I stayed in a 20 bed dorm. Most of the occupants appeared to be permanents. Available storage was taken by permanents. I was concerned for the security of my belongings. There was electric power cords with multiple outlets laying across the floor, it was tripping and fire hazard. Although the toilet/shower was clean there were lots of flies because the windows had to be kept open. The room had two blue light fly catchers which were on at all times including at all night, hard to sleep.

Most staff is kinda not that friendly, but few of them r really nice. Itś a place to stay for couple of nights only as lots of foreigners stay there as long term customers.

Positives: the staff was really nice and helpful, there was wifi in the room, the location is pretty ideal, use of computer and printing of boarding pass Negatives: I'm pretty positive that 75% of the people staying in the 20 bed rooms live there. All of their belongings were spread out everywhere and the stench in the room was unbearable. All of the charging outlets were taken. Every morning at about 4 or 5am, I was woken up by people coming back from the bars. If you can, stay somewhere else!

The 20 bed room was disgusting. It smells like mold and feet. Plus you should be warned that people LIVE here. It doesn't look like it's ever been cleaned. The people that live there throw there stuff everywhere. They act like you are stepping on their turf staying there. It's noisy, the bathrooms are gross, I would not recommended to ANYONE!! Way better hostels in Dublin!!!

• 2nd May 2014

We are very concerned about cleanliness in our premises and obviously 20 beds dorm full and people with bad hygiene it is beyond our responsibility. All rooms are cleared and cleaned in a daily basis, showers and toilets are even more our priority and as they are new we want to keep them very clean for our guest. We feel sorry if you didnt like it. We DO NOT consider students staying about a month until they find accommodation as LIVE here. See previous reviews to compare what guests say.