8.5
Fabulous 836 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 836 Total Reviews
Spire Hostel Located at 90-93 Marlborough Street, , Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin Dublin 1 90-93 Marlborough Street
85% 836
53.3499236 -6.2583017
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2016

Close to O'Connell st, the Spire was a great place to stay for a weekend in Dublin.

19th Jun 2016

Good hostel for the price and walking distance from everything I wanted to do in Dublin. There was construction right outside the window, but I was able to sleep through it. Breakfast was better than what I have experienced at most hostels.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
18th Jun 2016

Staff are awesome here definitely one of the most professional hostels we have stayed at with a proper group of staff who were fun but attentive. Free beer and sangria on Saturday night was awesome and great opportunity to meet people. Would def recommend to anyone coming through. Particularly if you are keen on meeting people and having a chat.

18th Jun 2016

Value for money is decent unless you're booking for a weekend: Saturday night was nearly 3x the price of Monday. I can understand increasing price with demand, but this strikes me as ridiculous. There were activities, but I felt like they could be better posted for planning purposes. Facilities were decent, fairly close to the center of everything. Everyone there seemed interested in meeting others.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6.0

There were a couple staff that were very helpful and friendly , but the guy at the desk when I came and left wasn't really the best. I came back from my night out and to get my belongings for an early flight only to find a strange guy in my bed , and had thrown my stuff from my bed all over the room. I told this to the guy at the desk and he said "why didn't you come and complain" well obviously that's what I was doing! He did nothing. Also nowhere to lock bags or valuables. Never stayin

Thank you for your review! We are very sorry for your disappointment but you have returned late night around 2am and left 3:30am and only told reception just before leave, there was absolutely nothing we could do anymore. That's way the night porter said why didn't you come to reception straightway as we could have assisted you? We cannot control what is happening in the rooms until someone reports it to reception and there is no point to tell us on check-out but indeed at the time you have problem. Sorry for you bad experience, not really hostel's fault.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
17th Jun 2016
8.0

Perfect Location and friendly staff. It was a good start for our Ireland tour!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Jun 2016

Staff was great! They were so helpful on every inquiry that I had. Location was awesome, there's so much to do around you. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Thank you for your lovely words! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you have found a pleasant place to stay as we work to give the best experience to our guest helping each of them in any needs! Thank you!

• Slovenia, Male, 25-30
8.0

This is not your typical backpacker hostel. The guests were a diverse crowd of travellers, English students and workers, a demographic very reminiscent of the entire central Dublin area where the hostel is located. It was amazingly easy to meet some very interesting people in the large kitchen area where we all had a delicious free breakfast every morning. The only downside were the tiny showers without a single shelf or hook for a towel. Overall, a very decent hostel.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

I was only here one night so I can't give much of a review. The showers were hot, the staff were nice, and the layout was kind of funky. Very nice location too.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5.4

If I wanted to be supervised every waking moment I would have taken a holiday to stay at my parent's place. The staff who live here take over the whole hostel and watch you like a hawk in the kitchen and lounge room, upon which they do absolutely NOTHING other than be on their phones whilst being paid. There are no lockers in the rooms for your valuables and the shower situation is very exposed to other hostel guests. Twice they had no clue which bed to remake and touched everyone's belongings.

Thank you for your review! Sometime yes guests needs to be supervised to avoid those ones that try to steal other guests food from the fridge for example or not just concerned about trying to breaking remote control TV or even do not know how to use our oven/microwave. So we are there to assist our guests and to keep an eye who doesn't respect the meaning of sharing accommodation.