Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

We got an apartment which was very well priced given how nice it was!

We were only here for a night as we were going on a sail in the morning but it was a great place, really comfortable and homey. Staff were really helpful, great location so close to everything. Had a great nights sleep and a great shower. Very cheap too!

Hostel was in a good location. I arrived very early and they managed to check me in before 1pm which I really appreciated. Air conditioned room was amazing, large lockers and big rooms. Power points at each bed and lamps. The common area was very small and it was the kitchen. Wifi was good, no breakfast included, and only two showers and one toilet for entire hostel. Would probably stay again but not for tool long.

Excellent!

Best location in Split by far! Few minutes walk from bus station, ferry terminal and into old town. Staff extremely friendly and give great explanation of how to get around split and what to do!! Hostel itself is a smaller hostel yet has decent sized rooms and amazing aircon! Bathrooms and showers very clean. Would definately stay here again as its great value for money for location and hostel itself.

Our beds were comfortable & clean, the bathrooms also clean. There is a fridge & sink, bowls, plates & cutlery, but no stove, so just be prepared to not be able to cook much more than noodles & cereal etc. Staff recommended a good restaurant (Buffet Fife), & while its a 10 min walk along the harbour, meals are fairly cheap & portion sizes very decent. They are also incredibly quick to serve meals. Supermarket is 100m away. Staff were quite friendly and I would stay here again.

The stay was generally good and the staff was really helpful and friendly. We was facing problem with our luggage and they helped us to solve it. The only downside was that the wifi was not stable, it kept disconnecting. Otherwise, the toilets are clean and the room was comfy.

Had such a lovely time, wish I could have stayed even longer. The staff are so helpful and friendly, would 100% come back and highly recommend it to others! Thanks for a great stay

• 7th Jul 2015

Perfect location, room doors don't lock, but building does and big lockers to lock valuables , computer to use beds comfortable

Good budget hostel.

Split backpackers is well located near all forms of transport (ferries etc). It's clean, has giant lockers for your bag and the staff were nice and helpful. The kitchen isn't a full kitchen but it has a fridge to store food. My only complaint would be that one of the showers didn't really work due to a leak in the pipe. Other than that I had a nice stay there. Well worth the money

Very nice helpful staff. Bare-bones kind of hostel, but pleasant enough and cheap.

This would have been a great hostel for a group staying in a dorm, as it was a short walk to the city and close to supermarkets, bakeries, the market and a pharmacy. However as a couple I would not recommend it. The double room is quite small and only about 2 meters away from the front desk, and you can hear everything (and they can probably hear you)!! Very noisy group in the room next door, didn't get much sleep :(

Myself and my friend were fresh off yacht week, the staff were very friendly and let us come early to Drop our bags, they also gave us out beds early because we were exhausted which was very nice of them! Clean, good atmosphere, good wifi would totally reccomend

• 20th Jun 2015

When I tried to pay they told me that the deposit I had paid on the Hostelworld website does not count towards my bill because the deposit goes to Hostelworld, not the accommodation. So I ended up having to pay the deposit amount twice. I have since inquired with Hostelworld and they have informed me that this is incorrect and I should not have been charged the deposit amount again. Seems like the accommodation should know this well by now and are just being dishonest to try and get extra money.

Hi there, as soon I saw your remark I immediately checked your reservation and I need to inform you that you paid only the balance due plus city tax of 21 kuna. I understand that you are angry but let me explain you that we charge you only your balance due plus city tax which is 7kuna or around 1€ per person per night. We amend the deposit for hostelword and you only pay the remaining balance due on arrival and plus the city tax. Please check on our site that city tax is not included.

The kitchen was not very well equipped, there was no oven or stove, only a microwave oven. The hostel was very clean and a special thanks for very comfortable beds! Had a good night sleep here, would recommend :)

1st we do not have the kitchen. 2nd we never say that we have kitchen or that we advertise it like that. 3rd Your lets say "kitchen" was actually the common area of the Hostel so the remark about not having the stove or oven is meaningless. I wish that you asked us what is the reason of not having the kitchen since there is a good reason for that and this missunderstanding will be avoided.

Me and my friends stayed 3 nights and it was the perfect location and very calm amd quiet. It's not the party hostel however you cam easily find pub crawl in the city. I would definitely come back.

The staff were really friendly and chatty and were nice enough to let us stay for a bit longer when we came back to get our luggage since we were a bit too early to catch the ferry. Also, they made good recommendations for meals!

• 30th May 2015
  • Singapore

It's close to the bus/ferry but a bit out of town. Not a very social hostel. People in my room didn't lock the door but luckily we had lockers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Wifi worked well. Showers were hot and clean.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Small kitchen to socialize in. Fantastic location near bus station and city centre. Supermarkets close by. Beds are ok. Rooms have balconies. Only 2 toilets and showers for whole hostel, definitely not enough.