Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

This Hostel has a really great atmosphere ! Rooms are very confortable and clean. We had helpul information about what to visit, where to eat, where to party, etc. We meet lots of interesting people there, good memories :)

Atmosphere can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. I was hoping for a quiet and restful night sleep, and the place and room were rowdy well into the AM. Probably would stay here again though, because the price, location and staff were all excellent. Note: I was in the 2nd hostel owned by this group. The main hostel could be completely different...

Loved the hostel and the staff was awesome!

We were a large group of guys and really liked this hostel. Location is great, clean and plenty of room. Hostel is pretty small which means it's easy to meet people - the kitchen area with table and balcony helps. Downsides are there is no cooking facilities, only a microwave and toastie maker. Shower has to be held above head height but no real problems.

I really enjoyed my stay at Split Backpackers hostel. The location was great and conveniently only a 10 min walk to the center, train station, and ferry port. The rooms were very nice and clean - came with free towels, linens. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. I would recommend staying at Split Backpackers

• 9th Aug 2014

Excellent location, clean, and very friendly and helpful staff. My only issue would be that it is a lot of people crammed into a small space.

Excellent hostel, very clean and the staff is great.

Not a bad hostel, relatively standard, however, even though it has a kitchen, there is no hob, and therefore nothing to cook food on, which is a must for travellers in split, especially as it isn't cheap. Generally not bad.

Dear Guest, like other hostels in Split we only have a kitchenette because of regulations. You could have used a microwave, toaster and a fridge so meals like pasta or rice can be easily done. Note for backpackers- eating out in Split is relatively cheap in restaurants that we recommend- for example Fife Restaurant or Toć Restaurant offers lunch or dinner for approx 6,50 Euros

Really close to the bus station and was clean and comfortable

The hostel is very easy to find now, they have a great big sign out the front so don't worry about that from the other reviews. The dorms are nice with lockers for backpacks only though, above the beds are personal lights with a power point. The location is great, took me 5mins from the bus station. Upon arriving the staff weren't the friendliest. There are only 2 showers for the whole hostel and only one female toilet

The only issue I had was that the door leading to the dorms was never locked. Staff were not there 24/7 so it was just the street door keeping people out. Other than that it was great, staff were awesome, location was ideal, and there were lockers big enough for all your luggage.

I have mixed feelings, firstly great location and some lovely staff. But I arrived a few hours before check in and was happy to just throw my bags down and come back later. I just asked for a recommendation of something to do and the staff were so rude to me and told me it was their time to clean. Which I appreciate but one suggesting in a nice way wouldnt be hard. Then on my 2nd night they had promised me a bed, yet after returning from a tour booked through them they had given my bed away.

I remember you very well so I`m little disappointed to see this reaction from you and to read this review. You know that in the morning is very difficult to show the details since it is very busy and there is really no time. Regarding the lost bed???? This is what borders me the most, I do not know why you did it, but I think we compensate our mutual mistake very well since you stayed with us the 2nd night as well and you stayed for free and in the better room that you booked earlier!

I really enjoyed everything about this hostel. The only downside was the fact that other travelers weren't as sociable as I would have liked, which obviously is not to blame the hostel/staff for. The stove top didn't work, but we made do. Very close to the beach, the train station and the bus station!

Very nice staff and very clean and comfortable rooms!

Perfect hostel for our needs as backpackers. The atmosphere was great and the staff was helpful. Big lockers and free towels. I really liked that the beds had a little curtain for some privacy. A few minutes to the harbour and busstation. A little bit confusing that they have two hostels, but I would stay here again.

Perfect for solo travellers - awesome staff - would definitely return

Kara who is working there is very great! very sincere and helpful. Every bed comes with a curtain which gives a lil more privacy. Personal charging point and light for every bed. It also comes with a big locker which allows u to dump your whole backpack in. Toilets are clean, almost always vacant whenever I need to use them. Supermarket is just 2 mins walk away. Beach is within walking distant as well. Great location. Quiet hostel, I slept very well. thumbs up.

Hi Leo, its Charlie from the UK - do you remember me? The guy who felt like he was going to die from sickness on the top floor. I think I added my review in the wrong place - sorry about that. There is nothing else you can do to improve the place - keep up the great work

The hostel is located close to the port and bus/train station, and thereby only a short walk from the old town. I only stayed there for a night, but met some nice people, got rest (not a party hostel) and the staff was extremely helpful. Recommended!

This was a great place to stay, easy to find and good location. The shared room's bed's have curtains which make it seem much more private.