Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

I had a very nive stay at Split backpackers this summer. The staff at the hostel is so friendly and helpfull and they love to tell you what to see in the city. The hostel is very warm and clean and there is a good atmosphere. I really enjoyed my stay at Split backpackers and I really can recommend it to all of you. It's central near the harbour and the shops.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Really nice staff able to help you with everythin. Great location and clean hostel! Definitely, good place to stay in Split.

Location is great, very convenient, staff were very nice and helpful!! I just stayed one night through Split and stayed in the 6 person dorm with a private bath. No towels were given though. It's what you'd expect of a hostel, lots of friendly backpackers--but people like to party in this town so don't be surprised if people come back late at night (or early in the morning!). The room also had A/C which was nice!

Good hostel which is close to the bus and port station. Also staff are very accommodating and helped with my changed plans!

• 21st Aug 2014

This hostel is in a great location only a few minutes walk to the centre and close to a supermarket. The girl at reception was so friendly and helpful explaining best places to go and visit. The hostel was very clean and a great place to meet other travellers. I would stay here again and recommend this hostel to a friend!

Really nice hostel, but not anything special - facilities very basic and quite small kitchen area but nice enough. Staff are fantastic, really lovely people and always willing to help; also as many free towels as you like! Very clean too. Met some really nice people but not a huge atmosphere!

Best Hostel we stayed in during our interrail trip! Really friendly staff, beautiful rooms, everything looks really new and very nice! I would definitely come back if I am ever in Split again.

• 16th Aug 2014

We stayed at split backpackers2, though we booked through here and weren't informed.

We stayed in the newly renovated part of the hostel which was lovely. Shower facilities could have been a bit cleaner. The kitchen/common area was a little disappointing as it was small in size and there was only a microwave and tiny sandwich toaster to make hot food. This wasn't too much of a concern for us as we ate out but could be for other backpackers. The hostel is in a great location for catching ferries and buses and close to the market.

Staff was very helpful. We had each a big locker, which was really convenient. Rooms were quiet and clean, as well as the bathrooms and kitchen.

The winning factor for me was that each bed has it's own curtain giving you complete privacy when in bed. Such a small thing but when you've been travelling a while sometimes it is the little touches that count! Room was small (6 bed dorm en-suite) were great; clean, comfy, cool. Location is great-5 mins walk from the harbour which is the central hub of Split. Staff were average, not rude in the slightest but not overly helpful/friendly

This Hostel has a really great atmosphere ! Rooms are very confortable and clean. We had helpul information about what to visit, where to eat, where to party, etc. We meet lots of interesting people there, good memories :)

Atmosphere can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. I was hoping for a quiet and restful night sleep, and the place and room were rowdy well into the AM. Probably would stay here again though, because the price, location and staff were all excellent. Note: I was in the 2nd hostel owned by this group. The main hostel could be completely different...

Loved the hostel and the staff was awesome!

We were a large group of guys and really liked this hostel. Location is great, clean and plenty of room. Hostel is pretty small which means it's easy to meet people - the kitchen area with table and balcony helps. Downsides are there is no cooking facilities, only a microwave and toastie maker. Shower has to be held above head height but no real problems.

I really enjoyed my stay at Split Backpackers hostel. The location was great and conveniently only a 10 min walk to the center, train station, and ferry port. The rooms were very nice and clean - came with free towels, linens. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. I would recommend staying at Split Backpackers

• 9th Aug 2014

Excellent location, clean, and very friendly and helpful staff. My only issue would be that it is a lot of people crammed into a small space.

Excellent hostel, very clean and the staff is great.

Not a bad hostel, relatively standard, however, even though it has a kitchen, there is no hob, and therefore nothing to cook food on, which is a must for travellers in split, especially as it isn't cheap. Generally not bad.

Dear Guest, like other hostels in Split we only have a kitchenette because of regulations. You could have used a microwave, toaster and a fridge so meals like pasta or rice can be easily done. Note for backpackers- eating out in Split is relatively cheap in restaurants that we recommend- for example Fife Restaurant or Toć Restaurant offers lunch or dinner for approx 6,50 Euros

Really close to the bus station and was clean and comfortable