Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

The hostel is very easy to find now, they have a great big sign out the front so don't worry about that from the other reviews. The dorms are nice with lockers for backpacks only though, above the beds are personal lights with a power point. The location is great, took me 5mins from the bus station. Upon arriving the staff weren't the friendliest. There are only 2 showers for the whole hostel and only one female toilet

The only issue I had was that the door leading to the dorms was never locked. Staff were not there 24/7 so it was just the street door keeping people out. Other than that it was great, staff were awesome, location was ideal, and there were lockers big enough for all your luggage.

I have mixed feelings, firstly great location and some lovely staff. But I arrived a few hours before check in and was happy to just throw my bags down and come back later. I just asked for a recommendation of something to do and the staff were so rude to me and told me it was their time to clean. Which I appreciate but one suggesting in a nice way wouldnt be hard. Then on my 2nd night they had promised me a bed, yet after returning from a tour booked through them they had given my bed away.

I remember you very well so I`m little disappointed to see this reaction from you and to read this review. You know that in the morning is very difficult to show the details since it is very busy and there is really no time. Regarding the lost bed???? This is what borders me the most, I do not know why you did it, but I think we compensate our mutual mistake very well since you stayed with us the 2nd night as well and you stayed for free and in the better room that you booked earlier!

I really enjoyed everything about this hostel. The only downside was the fact that other travelers weren't as sociable as I would have liked, which obviously is not to blame the hostel/staff for. The stove top didn't work, but we made do. Very close to the beach, the train station and the bus station!

Very nice staff and very clean and comfortable rooms!

Perfect hostel for our needs as backpackers. The atmosphere was great and the staff was helpful. Big lockers and free towels. I really liked that the beds had a little curtain for some privacy. A few minutes to the harbour and busstation. A little bit confusing that they have two hostels, but I would stay here again.

Perfect for solo travellers - awesome staff - would definitely return

Kara who is working there is very great! very sincere and helpful. Every bed comes with a curtain which gives a lil more privacy. Personal charging point and light for every bed. It also comes with a big locker which allows u to dump your whole backpack in. Toilets are clean, almost always vacant whenever I need to use them. Supermarket is just 2 mins walk away. Beach is within walking distant as well. Great location. Quiet hostel, I slept very well. thumbs up.

Hi Leo, its Charlie from the UK - do you remember me? The guy who felt like he was going to die from sickness on the top floor. I think I added my review in the wrong place - sorry about that. There is nothing else you can do to improve the place - keep up the great work

The hostel is located close to the port and bus/train station, and thereby only a short walk from the old town. I only stayed there for a night, but met some nice people, got rest (not a party hostel) and the staff was extremely helpful. Recommended!

This was a great place to stay, easy to find and good location. The shared room's bed's have curtains which make it seem much more private.

Really clean and good facilities!

• 24th Jul 2014

Great location, very near to the center, the port, bus station, clubs, etc... Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, specially the guy from the night shift, he is great ! It's a small hostel so you manage to get to know everyone. The rooms are nice with individual curtains on the beds, but the bathrooms are really small. I would recommend is as a place to stay in Split !

Very good place to stay for few nights and very good staff with lot of useful insider information.!

The location is perfect, really close to Diocletian Palace and some bars and restaurants. Something I didn't like so much is the really tiny shower.. It was really small and so hard to change clothes inside it. Also the size of the room, is really small, it was hard to open my suitcase inside the room.

Excellent hostel. .. Could do with a better communal area and elevator

Nice clean hostel lovely staff powerpoint and lamp per bed was great

A good, clean secure hostel very close to Diocletian's Palace in Split. I was emailed good directions a few days before my arrival, although the sign advertising the hostel is very small and at the bottom of the door, so easy to miss! Overall a very good hostel though.

• 17th Jul 2014

Good location. Nice staff members.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Great place, very clean, walking distance from the center, beach, bus station, taxi station etc. great little common area and balcony for eating. Also, staff was very helpful with maps, directions, and also arranged for a door to door taxi service when needed in the middle of the night/airport transfer. I highly recommend split backpackers!

• 12th Jul 2014