Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

I think it depends entirely on what you're looking for. It was PERFECT for me after returning from a crazy few days on Hvar. They're located right outside of the city center, not far at all. I think there were only two rooms with 8 beds each, keeping it quiet and not a party hostel - which is exactly what I needed. There is a kitchen so thats nice, theres also a little courtyard. The receptionist was the sweetest girl and very helpful. Everything was really clean.

The staff went out of their way to show you places to eat and go to for sight seeing. Shower facilities were great as well as storage for personal items. Really close to nightlife as well as markets and some main attractions.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean facilities. 5 minutes walk to all the main attractions. We had our private room with our own bathroom for a very reasonable price. We highly recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

Great location and very friendly staff. We had a good stay!

I stayed in the annex which is up the road from the main building. Facilities were fine and the location makes a good base from which to explore Split.

The staff was really helpful! I was sick and the girl gave me some tips and told me what was the best way to get better! It was very calm and people were respectful. The hostel is close to everything!!! No problem to go to the supermarket, to the beach and to go to the bus station! My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel

Great location, nice and small which meant easy to meet people for solo travellers!

Overall this hostel ticks all the right boxes but we wouldn't stay again. It is good value and location but very noisy and we got very little sleep. This was due to paper thin walls and staff cleaning late at night. Although the group that arrived back at 4 weren't being loud we could hear their whole conversation. The staff were lovely though and it was clean.

Very well located! Nice staff and atmosphere. Only downside is the kitchen, you can only use a microwave, fridge and a toaster. No oven, no stoves!

Nice, small hostel on walking distance of the beach and the town. Helpful and friendly staff, and a really good atmosphere. Good place to stay as solo traveler. Would certainly recommend it!

Great hostel! I had a wonderful time here. Split Backpackers has great atmosphere and the staff are fantastic, super helpful and very friendly. The one downside is that the kitchen isn't really a kitchen as there's no stove or oven, just a fridge and a microwave. Otherwise, great hostel, highly recommended!

A really great place to stay and the staff made it feel like home

I really liked to stay at split backpackers. It's really worthy! The localization is perfect and all the staffs were really helpfull when I needed.

Had a private room which was excellent with ensuite and TV. Right near the old town, port and bus terminal. Perfect location without the hassle of navigating through the narrow streets and hoards of tourists inside the walled town. The staff were all friendly and gave us good recommendations on what to see and where to eat. No complaints at all from our experience.

This hostel had a good location but was not a great experience. The hostel was very small and the internet and hot water runs out when too many people are using it. The staff were friendly but not super helpful with recommendations on things to do or see. The common room is not an ideal space to hang out and/or meet people. We were always told to stay as quiet as possible and even asked to leave the common room by midnight on a Saturday night. Really Comfy beds though - good place to sleep.

Priced very well and in a convenient location. The staff were great and the bed was comfortable with it's own private light and power outlet. The only issues you may have are that the common room is very small and the timber floor means you can hear everything happening outside your room.

Great atmosphere in the common room. Neno is very nice.

Very enjoyable and simple to sort out. Thank you very much to the kind, helpful staff! No problem for me, but the hostel is at the top of a couple of flights of stairs. Bed and en-suite in private rooms fantastic (though coldish water one day). Room nice. View onto street, but good sunlight, and few minutes walk from Diocletian's palaces and Riva. Few minor details don't detract, for a hostel and the price it is absolutely outstanding.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Very friendly hosts and they had even picked us up from the Bus stop. Nice quiet location with good atmosphere with great views of surrounding area. Well equipped apartment for a good price.

Great Staff. super friendly and very helpful. Very clean with nice beds and individual lockers. Location is awesome, all round a great spot to stay in Split!