Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

Was a very quiet hostel, which isn't necessarily bad. Staff were so bubbly and friendlu which made us feel right at home, especially when our flight was delayed and thr night guy was super chill and friendly and just let us go to sleep I stead of bombarding us with details etc. Everything was very clean and great to have a nice big locker for our packs to fit.

Awesome hostel, it's an apartment turned into a hostel so it is very cosy. Would deffinitely go back. Ivica is one of the best receptionists I've ever seen, he would recommend places and things to do and be attentive to our problems. Klara was also very nice. Good kitchen and common area, good beds, air conditioning, good wifi, very clean, great atmosphere - everybody having a good time. Felt at home. Absolutely recommended.

Really clean and has everything you need. Ideal location if stopping over in split for a night and catered for people travelling alone. Staff are friendly and you feel very safe.

great hostel, staff very friendly and gave great advice for our time in Split.

• 21st Jun 2014

This hostel was located in an okay place however we struggled to find it, there is a peice of A4 paper with the hostel name on it - very hard to see. The receptionist was very nice and helpful however I felt unsafe at night, there was no lock on our bedroom door and I'm pretty sure there was no lock in the main hostel door either. Apart from these aspects it is a decent hostel for a nights sleep.

Hi, i think you reviewed a wrong hostel otherwise i am confused , since our hostel is extremely easy to find, only 5 minutes on foot from the main bus/train station and the ferry port , all off our guests say it was a nice- no stress stroll to our hostel, Also we don't have an A4 paper in front?! Also main doors of the hostel are locked as well are the ones from the street at all time

Really well located if you want to go to the beach. Staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was really cool. I really enjoyed my time there. The only drawback I found was that they don't have fire to cook in the kitchen, so you'll have to eat sandwiches or eat outside!

I love this hostel! The staff was absolutely the best I've met. The rooms and toilets are very clean, and the location is only 5-minute walk from the main train, bus station and the old town. One of the fastest wifi encountered in Croatia. It's a pity that the common room was a bit small for comfortable chat.

I think it depends entirely on what you're looking for. It was PERFECT for me after returning from a crazy few days on Hvar. They're located right outside of the city center, not far at all. I think there were only two rooms with 8 beds each, keeping it quiet and not a party hostel - which is exactly what I needed. There is a kitchen so thats nice, theres also a little courtyard. The receptionist was the sweetest girl and very helpful. Everything was really clean.

The staff went out of their way to show you places to eat and go to for sight seeing. Shower facilities were great as well as storage for personal items. Really close to nightlife as well as markets and some main attractions.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean facilities. 5 minutes walk to all the main attractions. We had our private room with our own bathroom for a very reasonable price. We highly recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

Great location and very friendly staff. We had a good stay!

I stayed in the annex which is up the road from the main building. Facilities were fine and the location makes a good base from which to explore Split.

The staff was really helpful! I was sick and the girl gave me some tips and told me what was the best way to get better! It was very calm and people were respectful. The hostel is close to everything!!! No problem to go to the supermarket, to the beach and to go to the bus station! My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel

Great location, nice and small which meant easy to meet people for solo travellers!

Overall this hostel ticks all the right boxes but we wouldn't stay again. It is good value and location but very noisy and we got very little sleep. This was due to paper thin walls and staff cleaning late at night. Although the group that arrived back at 4 weren't being loud we could hear their whole conversation. The staff were lovely though and it was clean.

Very well located! Nice staff and atmosphere. Only downside is the kitchen, you can only use a microwave, fridge and a toaster. No oven, no stoves!

Nice, small hostel on walking distance of the beach and the town. Helpful and friendly staff, and a really good atmosphere. Good place to stay as solo traveler. Would certainly recommend it!

The free coffee is really appreciated. And the service was great. One of the desk ladies was really trying to help me and make sure that my stay was good. She helped me with the laundry and made room for me in another room so i can hang my clothes outside. Really appreciated!

Great hostel! I had a wonderful time here. Split Backpackers has great atmosphere and the staff are fantastic, super helpful and very friendly. The one downside is that the kitchen isn't really a kitchen as there's no stove or oven, just a fridge and a microwave. Otherwise, great hostel, highly recommended!

A really great place to stay and the staff made it feel like home