Split Backpackers Reviews

Kralja zvonimira 17, Split, Croatia

Small and cosy hostel.nice location. very close to old town. very clean. friendly and helpful staff with good tips,. free wifi big lockers in room and free coffee. bed is quite comfortable. small kitchen. easy to get to meet people. close to supermarket. very close to the main bus and train station. Only dislike is the location of the hostel which is on 2nd floor!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Staff really friendly. location is good and only a short walk from everything you need. Our room was quite warm on most evenings and found it difficult to sleep as a result. would of liked the air con to be used more. apart from that it's a pleasant hostel.

They said they had system problems and over booked the hostel. Since we were only staying one night they asked if we could stay at alternative accommodation. It was just a room in a woman's apartment and we were rammed in with two other girls in a tiny room and later another joined by another with a mattress on the floor. We had none of the facilities you would enjoy in a hostel such as a secure place to lock your belongings. We payed the same price for worse and seems like a scam for their mate

• 21st Aug 2015

Good hostel and helpful staff.

The hostel was clean, quiet and well air conditioned. Close to the port and a very short walk into the old town. Was the perfect place to stay after a week on a yacht! Staff were great also. No negatives to report.

Fantastic location, extremely clean, friendly staff. Big lockers with locks provided. Not much atmosphere in hostel but barely spend time there as always out in split

Nice hostel but nothing special. Staff was nice but not super outgoing. It didn't seem like guests socialized outside of their rooms which is always a bummer for solo travellers. Thankfully the guys in my room were super welcoming. There were only 2 showers but this wasn't a problem when I was staying there. Everything was clean. If you're staying in Split for a night before heading to an island, this is a fine place to stay. Good location right next to the port and bus terminals.

Split backpackers was an awesome place to stay, staff were super friendly and helpful. You can organise your tours through them. Had a great time here and mets some really cool people. Would highly recommend bonus if bring so close to everything you need

I suppose for a group of young travellers wanting to drink, this place might be OK, however not very good as a solo traveller. No atmosphere, and no great communal space for meeting people. The girl I met on reception when I got there was nice, however the male member of staff on the night shift was VERY rude to me when I was ill. The air con made the room comfortable, but I am glad I was there only one night. I wouldn't recommend for solo travellers.

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear that you had a bad night with us. On that night you stayed with us we had few big groups that went out that night and they were little laud before. We really try to keep quite time after 11:00 pm and also later on when people come back as well. It is hard when you have big groups and it is also stressful for our staff as well. You need to know that we really understand your position and we apologize for it but also we hope you will understand our position as well

We got an apartment which was very well priced given how nice it was!

We were only here for a night as we were going on a sail in the morning but it was a great place, really comfortable and homey. Staff were really helpful, great location so close to everything. Had a great nights sleep and a great shower. Very cheap too!

Hostel was in a good location. I arrived very early and they managed to check me in before 1pm which I really appreciated. Air conditioned room was amazing, large lockers and big rooms. Power points at each bed and lamps. The common area was very small and it was the kitchen. Wifi was good, no breakfast included, and only two showers and one toilet for entire hostel. Would probably stay again but not for tool long.

Excellent!

Best location in Split by far! Few minutes walk from bus station, ferry terminal and into old town. Staff extremely friendly and give great explanation of how to get around split and what to do!! Hostel itself is a smaller hostel yet has decent sized rooms and amazing aircon! Bathrooms and showers very clean. Would definately stay here again as its great value for money for location and hostel itself.

Our beds were comfortable & clean, the bathrooms also clean. There is a fridge & sink, bowls, plates & cutlery, but no stove, so just be prepared to not be able to cook much more than noodles & cereal etc. Staff recommended a good restaurant (Buffet Fife), & while its a 10 min walk along the harbour, meals are fairly cheap & portion sizes very decent. They are also incredibly quick to serve meals. Supermarket is 100m away. Staff were quite friendly and I would stay here again.

The stay was generally good and the staff was really helpful and friendly. We was facing problem with our luggage and they helped us to solve it. The only downside was that the wifi was not stable, it kept disconnecting. Otherwise, the toilets are clean and the room was comfy.

Had such a lovely time, wish I could have stayed even longer. The staff are so helpful and friendly, would 100% come back and highly recommend it to others! Thanks for a great stay

• 7th Jul 2015

Good stay, great price, good location. Highly recommend.

Perfect location, room doors don't lock, but building does and big lockers to lock valuables , computer to use beds comfortable

Good budget hostel.