Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Cannot fault my stay with Josko at split hostel. Seriously this dude is a legend. Also his mother in law cooks an epic brekky for €3. I would stay there again without a doubt and will make sure I do! Thanks for a great stay, the meal and the shots of grampa juice.

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!! Josko thanks for everything! For sure we will come back :)

I can't praise this hostel enough! It's amazing how Josko, the owner, made this place truly a home for all of us guests. I've met hospitable hostel owners, but none like Josko who would go all out to get to know us and even cook us a family dinner! I had such an amazing time at 'our home' and my only regret is not spending more nights there!

Just stay here if you're in Split, it's just awesome. The staff, atmosphere, the turtle. There's nothing bad to say about it. Just tricky to extend for more nights sometimes, cause it's so popular, but Jusko always have a solution.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Incredible experience.

I planned staying 1 night in Split, and I ending up spending 2 since the hostel was so nice! Josko and his wife are simply amazing. They welcome you with a shot of homemade grappa that makes you part of the hostel family! The breakfast cooked by grandma was also to die for (chocolate pancakes, yum!!) Thank you for a great stay! Love from Montreal!

I came here because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews about Josko, and every single review was spot on. Amazing host, greets everyone by name and makes you feel like part of the family. Highly recommended. Just be careful with how much of granddad's rakia you drink! Superb hostel!

This hostel is dope May the force be with you

Superb atmosphere I was greeted with much friendliness and care from the moment I met the wonderful host Josko. Very easy to meet people as it's a relatively small place which makes for great social atmosphere

Josko is the best!!!!!

Josko, the owner, really makes you feel welcome and creates opportunities (like cooking us dinner) for all his guests to gather together. I think this hostel attracts very sociable people that are interested in meeting new people.. great for solo travellers. The Plitvice Lakes tour is a must! No one does a tour like this, Josko organizes and does the tour himself - it was a memorable experience. Thank you for a fabulous stay in Split!

Amazing stay just wish we had more time the the one night. Josko is a great host and is more like a little family, he went out of his way for us even though he didn't need to. Will be reccomending this place to friends and if we are ever in split will be staying here.

We had the best time in Split thanks to our stay here. Josko made us feel very welcomed into his hostel. We had high expectations after reading all the comments! And he certainly exceeded them, we definitely want to come back. Elise and Becky :)

This hostel was the ideal tonic after a long day's driving, Josko is the heart of the place and you can see how much he has made people's holidays with all the messages on the wall. When we arrived there was some cake and a lovely bunch of people in the common area chatting. The toilets and showers were very clean, lots of helpful local advice and map. Handy parking. Parking place is important as it's easy to get clamped in wrong place. Breakfast for €3, bargain, lovely scrambled eggs.

I was so excited to say at this hostel but we missed our ferry to Split and had to take one to Zadar.I called the hostel right away and explained my situation and they were SO nice and SO understanding and did not charge me(even thought I was only giving them a few hours notice).As soon as I booked my hostel, they send me so much helpful information about getting to the hostel(send a map)& information about excursions.It seemed like a great hostel&great staff from the little I did experience.

Hostel owner is more than accomadating to all of his/ her guests. If want to meet cool people go stay at the split guesthouse where youl be made to feel like a part of the family.

Josko is the best!! Everyone should stay here at least once in their life!

There is not enough nice things I can say about josko, the story about how he started his hostel is inspiring and he deserves everything he has got. He is such a great guy and I had an amazing stay and a fantastic trip to the lakes even if it did rain. My stay was the best on my whole traveling journey. He was so funny and helpful and would do anything for his guests to make their stay good.

Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Josko is a great owner, willing to help you out with anything. Makes it feel like a family, cooked us dinner the night we were there, and also organised a trip to the lakes which included seeing beers and a great dinner, totally worth it and would LOVE to go back again.

Feels like family, everyone is so friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a great time in Split

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7