Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

This is probably the best hostel i've ever been. Josko is very friendly and helpful. I would definately choose this hostel again!

Thanks so much for all the super advice for ways to make the most of my short trip to Croatia. Josko is a good laugh and really generous- would highly recommend his trip to Plitvice lakes! great little hostel in a lovely location.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I stayed at Split Guesthouse & Hostel right at the end of my trip in Europe. It was a perfect end to the trip. Josko was really friendly and made me feel very welcome. He is very enthusiastic, helpful and just a great guy all around. The hostel itself is great. It sits right next to a nice park and a few minutes from the centre of town. I had a great stay and met some really awesome people while I was there too :) Thanks a lot!!!

I got a good sleep here because it was quiet with a comfy bed and pillows. The owner is a really awesome guy and helps with everything. It was great to have a kitchen with a local market and bakery nearby. Nice social atmosphere where I met some good friends. Wifi was perfect and a free computer to use too. Cleanliness needs a little improving, but overall I'd say it's a welcoming and safe place to stay.

These reviews may be getting a bit repetitive, but with good reason--Josko really does ensure a great experience at Split Guesthouse. That is not to say that the other features (namely location, atmosphere, facilities, etc.) are not great as well, but this hostel excels on Josko's genuine love of Split and his desire for his guests to have a great time in his city.

• 19th Mar 2014

What a perfect time we had at Josko's hostel! He is hands-down the most helpful host we've had... He told us how to see everything, where to eat, and gave us new ideas of things to see. He made our stay in Split fruitful and enjoyable!

A great hostel in a great location very near everything. Stay here if you want a friendly fun atmosphere.. Was very safe too!

Great hostel! Josko is super nice and coming to his guesthouse is really like visiting an old friend (pay attention to the welcome rakija!). The hostel is in great position and the rooms are big an clean. I'd defenatly like to go back there in summer!

• 11th Mar 2014

Josco's enthusiasm and upbeat nature make his hostel well worth the visit, and his daughters are cute as can be. Thanks, Josco.

Incredible place to stay, located very close to all main attractions. Josko is an outstanding host, accommodating to any needs you might have, along with providing free kitchen access. Such a fun place. I would recommend it to anyone.

Good place, had a great time in Split!

Location was great. Wifi was great. Atmosphere was great. Owner was awesome. Rooms were nice. Zero complaints

This was a great place! Wonderful people we met and close to all the attractions. Josko was a great host. He always made sure we had everything we needed and answered all our questions. He made us feel like family. We miss Split and the guesthouse already and look forward to the next visit! Recommended for all travelers who want a great trip in Split!

Josko is friendly & helpful & the hostel has a homely feel. However, it was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. The floor was not swept once during my stay & had clearly not been swept for several weeks before I arrived. There was a large sticky patch on the floor of the dorm where a soft drink had been spilled some time before. The bathroom had many discarded and abandoned shower gel bottles and shampoo bottles inside the shower cubicle tray. It could be so much better than it is.

I am really sorry V,but i think you are blowing it our of proportions.... although it is sometimes good to get a slap from someone from time to time as we get too comfortable sometimes. Cleaning crew on its way hahahahaha...best times Josko

As many people already have written, staying here is more like staying in a family than staying at a hostel. Josko and his cute kids are always somewhere around and very helpful. Josko does everything to make your stay as perfect as possible. I remember him staying in the waiting loop of Telekom for more than a day, just to fix a WiFi problem. Thank you for the patience! The hostel itself is nice and little. Location is top. very close to the center and a very good bakery, try the sirnica!

The genuine hostel feeling and atmosphere is to be found in Split Guesthouse & Hostel, with something going on all the time. I met wonderful people during my stay, and had good night rests at night. I even forgot my phone charger and Josko managed to have it sent to me to Zagreb! I'm looking forward to come back! Thank you Josko and see you soon.

Awesome little hostel in Split! Great staff, good location, very secure, free computer, tea, coffee. One of my favorite hostels so far - feels like home!

Absolutely sensational hostel in a great location with top atmosphere and taken to the next level by the man himself Josko who will ensure you have a stunner in split.

Nice homey atmosphere. Josko is very helpful and energetic!

Loved Split! Could not have stayed at a better hostel; it was my favourite one in Croatia. Josko was wonderful, he made sure I had all of the information I needed to get around before I went off exploring, made sure I was comfortable and enjoyed myself. I have never stayed at a hostel where someone checks in with you daily, is interested in getting to know you and wants to make sure you have the best time possible while you are there. So much fun!. Thanks for the memorable stay! Much love!