Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Nothing bad to say but if i listed all the good things I would run out of space! So nice and simply this set the standard for hostels and it is the highest and best I've been to! Atmosphere was unbelievably amazing and welcoming! Could not ask for anything more! Josko is amazing!

Loved our stay at this hostel! Josko was so welcoming - instant family. Great atmosphere for any traveller. Shout out to Susie at Backpacksack as well who was extremely lovely! Would go back.

Josko creates a warm and wonderful environment for all of the people who stay at Split Guesthouse and Hostel. He does a great job of familiarizing you with Split upon arrival and the welcome rakija shot is awesome! It truly does feel like a friend´s place when you stay here! The small size is great for encouraging good atmosphere and the facilities are well equipped.

• 22nd Oct 2014

JOSKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is awesome. Josko (the owner) is amazing. I haven't come across a more welcoming atmosphere than this place. Being a small hostel, there are 3 dorm rooms, and everyone just hangs out in the common room. I came in and there were 10ish people all sitting talking and they along with Josko immediately let me feel like one of the 'family'. Being shy, this was the easiest place to feel apart of a group. I highly recommend. 1-2-3 JOSKO!!!!!!!

I just wish I could choose an option rather than "excellent", especially for the staff

Josko is THE best hostel host I've ever met and I've been to over 25 hostels. Great guy and great service such as going to a pharmacy to get me medication when i was not feeling well and then not charging me for it. WOW!! And he took a bunch of us to Plitvice Lakes National Park for the day then stopping at Klis Fortress on the way back opening up the fortress just for us. One of my fave days in Croatia no question. Cheers to 'YASSSSSHHHHHHHKOOOOOOOO'!!!

Great hostel! Perfect location and amazing staff. Real hostel atmosphere and quite cheap for Croatia. Would definitely go back!

Cannot fault my stay with Josko at split hostel. Seriously this dude is a legend. Also his mother in law cooks an epic brekky for €3. I would stay there again without a doubt and will make sure I do! Thanks for a great stay, the meal and the shots of grampa juice.

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!! Josko thanks for everything! For sure we will come back :)

I can't praise this hostel enough! It's amazing how Josko, the owner, made this place truly a home for all of us guests. I've met hospitable hostel owners, but none like Josko who would go all out to get to know us and even cook us a family dinner! I had such an amazing time at 'our home' and my only regret is not spending more nights there!

Just stay here if you're in Split, it's just awesome. The staff, atmosphere, the turtle. There's nothing bad to say about it. Just tricky to extend for more nights sometimes, cause it's so popular, but Jusko always have a solution.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was amazing!!! Josko is the best. He is so chill and fun and accommodating. He makes you take a shot of homemade rakia when you arrive. It's horrible but it makes for a good time. Everybody there hangs out in the common room and is so friendly. It really is like a fun family. You will become close to your roommates very quickly. I plan on coming back here for sure.

Incredible experience.

I planned staying 1 night in Split, and I ending up spending 2 since the hostel was so nice! Josko and his wife are simply amazing. They welcome you with a shot of homemade grappa that makes you part of the hostel family! The breakfast cooked by grandma was also to die for (chocolate pancakes, yum!!) Thank you for a great stay! Love from Montreal!

I came here because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews about Josko, and every single review was spot on. Amazing host, greets everyone by name and makes you feel like part of the family. Highly recommended. Just be careful with how much of granddad's rakia you drink! Superb hostel!

This hostel is dope May the force be with you

Superb atmosphere I was greeted with much friendliness and care from the moment I met the wonderful host Josko. Very easy to meet people as it's a relatively small place which makes for great social atmosphere

Josko is the best!!!!!

Josko, the owner, really makes you feel welcome and creates opportunities (like cooking us dinner) for all his guests to gather together. I think this hostel attracts very sociable people that are interested in meeting new people.. great for solo travellers. The Plitvice Lakes tour is a must! No one does a tour like this, Josko organizes and does the tour himself - it was a memorable experience. Thank you for a fabulous stay in Split!

Amazing stay just wish we had more time the the one night. Josko is a great host and is more like a little family, he went out of his way for us even though he didn't need to. Will be reccomending this place to friends and if we are ever in split will be staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7