Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Joško is an amazing host and made my stay in his hostel really memorable. I was greeted with a great enthusiasm and a welcome drink - homemade rakija. Grandmother's breakfasts were also something to look forward to. It won't be for those who seek a bit of privacy as the hostel is small and there's not much space. So if you seek some solitary, go somewhere else, however, if you love to meet new people, this is a perfect place to be.

Nothing bad to say but if i listed all the good things I would run out of space! So nice and simply this set the standard for hostels and it is the highest and best I've been to! Atmosphere was unbelievably amazing and welcoming! Could not ask for anything more! Josko is amazing!

Loved our stay at this hostel! Josko was so welcoming - instant family. Great atmosphere for any traveller. Shout out to Susie at Backpacksack as well who was extremely lovely! Would go back.

Josko creates a warm and wonderful environment for all of the people who stay at Split Guesthouse and Hostel. He does a great job of familiarizing you with Split upon arrival and the welcome rakija shot is awesome! It truly does feel like a friend´s place when you stay here! The small size is great for encouraging good atmosphere and the facilities are well equipped.

• 22nd Oct 2014

JOSKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is awesome. Josko (the owner) is amazing. I haven't come across a more welcoming atmosphere than this place. Being a small hostel, there are 3 dorm rooms, and everyone just hangs out in the common room. I came in and there were 10ish people all sitting talking and they along with Josko immediately let me feel like one of the 'family'. Being shy, this was the easiest place to feel apart of a group. I highly recommend. 1-2-3 JOSKO!!!!!!!

Josko's Guesthouse simply put is exceptional. If you want a host that goes above and beyond every expectation to make your stay as comfortable and fun as possible, look no further. Split Guesthouse is so much more than a hostel. It's a home away from home. We made the best of memories here and met some amazing people we can now call family (even if they are a little eclectic). If your looking to meet some awesome people and share some incredible experiences, this is it. 100%. Josko is THE man!

I just wish I could choose an option rather than "excellent", especially for the staff

A fantastic hostel, with an excellent family vibe, it was great as a solo traveller to be able to have such a good group of people in the one hostel. Joško was more than welcoming, with plenty of advice on things to see and do in Split (as well as a welcome shop on arrival). I definitely hope to visit again as in the near future.

• 17th Oct 2014

Josko is THE best hostel host I've ever met and I've been to over 25 hostels. Great guy and great service such as going to a pharmacy to get me medication when i was not feeling well and then not charging me for it. WOW!! And he took a bunch of us to Plitvice Lakes National Park for the day then stopping at Klis Fortress on the way back opening up the fortress just for us. One of my fave days in Croatia no question. Cheers to 'YASSSSSHHHHHHHKOOOOOOOO'!!!

Great hostel! Perfect location and amazing staff. Real hostel atmosphere and quite cheap for Croatia. Would definitely go back!

Cannot fault my stay with Josko at split hostel. Seriously this dude is a legend. Also his mother in law cooks an epic brekky for €3. I would stay there again without a doubt and will make sure I do! Thanks for a great stay, the meal and the shots of grampa juice.

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!! Josko thanks for everything! For sure we will come back :)

I can't praise this hostel enough! It's amazing how Josko, the owner, made this place truly a home for all of us guests. I've met hospitable hostel owners, but none like Josko who would go all out to get to know us and even cook us a family dinner! I had such an amazing time at 'our home' and my only regret is not spending more nights there!

Like you, I've stayed at plenty of nice hostels, but I bet you've never stayed in one quite like this. From the moment you walk in, you feel like your at your best friend's place. You feel welcomed, at home and relaxed. Joško runs the place and he's a superstar. By the end of your stay, you'll feel like one of his best friends. He sets the vibe for this hostel and will help you with anything you need. Do yourself a favor and stay here. Go ahead and book extra nights because EVERYONE extends.

Just stay here if you're in Split, it's just awesome. The staff, atmosphere, the turtle. There's nothing bad to say about it. Just tricky to extend for more nights sometimes, cause it's so popular, but Jusko always have a solution.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was amazing!!! Josko is the best. He is so chill and fun and accommodating. He makes you take a shot of homemade rakia when you arrive. It's horrible but it makes for a good time. Everybody there hangs out in the common room and is so friendly. It really is like a fun family. You will become close to your roommates very quickly. I plan on coming back here for sure.

Incredible experience.

I planned staying 1 night in Split, and I ending up spending 2 since the hostel was so nice! Josko and his wife are simply amazing. They welcome you with a shot of homemade grappa that makes you part of the hostel family! The breakfast cooked by grandma was also to die for (chocolate pancakes, yum!!) Thank you for a great stay! Love from Montreal!

I came here because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews about Josko, and every single review was spot on. Amazing host, greets everyone by name and makes you feel like part of the family. Highly recommended. Just be careful with how much of granddad's rakia you drink! Superb hostel!

This hostel is dope May the force be with you

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5