Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

I turned up to this hostel in a bad state after Yacht Week, couldn't have chosen a better place! Grandma made me breakfast straight away and Josko was an amazing host! Really friendly staff, homely environment, clean and secure, great location also. Wish I had more time to stay longer and do a tour run by the hostel! Would definitely recommend this place.

Such a great hostel! Josko was really welcoming from the moment of arrival, explaining a map of the city, tours, and sharing grandpa's moonshine! The place was clean, not too big (2 x dorms of 6 and 1 x private double), had a great breakfast courtesy of grandma. Would recommend Josko's tour of Plitvice Lakes, and wish I could have stayed longer to visit Krka too!

Josko is an amazing person and this is most definitly the friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in.

Wonderful service. Flight was delayed until past midnight and I was collected from the airport by hostel owner. Cannot fault my stay. Recommended!

• 26th Aug 2015

The team at this place is one of the most helpful and energetic teams I've met. I had an absolute ball here and felt really at home. Centrally located with nice walking distance to most places!

Amazing hosts where I was made to feel very welcome and part of a 'family' - almost a hidden club - also, there is a great social atmosphere based around the communal area where it's extremely easy to spark up conversation and plans for the day. Josko and Micaela went out of their way to introduce new arrivals to other guests and get them involved. They are the heart and soul of the place and made my stay a wonderful experience. - Simon (Newcastle)

• 25th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel - wish I could have stayed longer. Staff were LOVELY and Grandma's breakfast was delicious. Would highly recommend this hostel.

Joško and family are THE greatest! This hostel is the only one to stay at in split, it's small which makes it perfect for meeting people, it's clean and grandma's breakfast is to die for! Wifi is great, free coffee and tea and you get the perfect run down of split when you check in. If you want to meet some amazing people definitely stay here! Cannot recommend highly enough!

Can't say anything other than this hostel experience is like a 5-star hotel one! Great communcation, great flexibility with checkins, awesome staff and top notch service. You won't regret anything staying here, I sure will return when I'm in Split. Definitely recommended!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Great place and fantastic host Josko. Would return!

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Josko really makes it feel like the home away from home.

• 15th Aug 2015

One there for a night, the owner went above and beyond to help us out and make us feel comfortable. I would recommend staying here if you visit Split.

Amazing! Brilliant atmosphere, Josko is a legend! You can not go wrong with this place!

• 14th Aug 2015

Staying @Split Guesthouse was the best way to end my trip in Croatia! It left me feeling energised and happy for the great people I've met. Although I stayed for only 2 nights, I had so much fun in the Guesthouse and it felt as if we were all family. A crazy, wonderful one! Josko & Mirela, you've been SO WELCOMING! And thank you for being so cool with the check-out. I'd come back to Split even if only to spend few more days in the hostel and have more adventures and laugh my lungs out :)

LOVED IT! Josko is really friendly and helpful and his wife is lovely and the hostel is small and clean with good air con, everyone hung around together all the time and it was super fun. Also, the rakija is delicious.

❤️❤️❤️JUST LOVE❤️❤️❤️

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Had a great stay, would definitly recommend to all. Was treated like part of the family.

Where to begin? The Split Guesthouse is not just a place to stay; it's so much more than that. It's a place to call home while in Split as you meet life long friends and extended family. That's what it felt like for me during my stay there. Josko and his wife make a great team and you can tell they enjoy doing what they do and are enjoying life. They are wonderful people and I will be visiting them again.

Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Josko is amazing and really looked after us from the very start! Nothing was a problem and everything was top class. Made some brilliant friends and amazing memories!! THANKYOUU JOSKO❤️❤️❤️

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Josko was amazing! He gave you a personal Welcome on arrival and took you through everything you needed to know. He explained everything on the map which was really usefull. The grandmas cooked breakfast was amazing and they even have a family dinner! Awesome Place!!

• 31st Jul 2015