Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

This is even better than home! Josko is such a wonderful host! This will stay in my memory for a long time especially the lakes trip organized by the hostel. I will definitely be back!

Best hostel we have ever stayed in, Josko is awesome. Do not consider any other hostel in Split!

• 14th Apr 2014

AMAZING. Josko is the greatest host, makes you feel like home the second you walk in and is more than helpful with finding things to do Split and everything you could want is in walking distance. And gramma's breakfast was worth every kuna! Definitely recommend this hostel! One of the best !

Yoško was an amazing host and he was super accommodating to his guests! The atmosphere is awesome - and if you're sociable, you'll find some lifelong friends from your experience in this hostel. I will definitely book at the guesthouse the next time I'm back in Split! Thank you again Yoško!

I don't know how to begin with what I can say about the Split Guesthouse, but I know it ends with this being the best hostel experience I could have possibly fathomed. You cannot beat the Split Guesthouse experience. Josko bends over backwards to accomadate his guests, going wellabove expectations to insure the best experience for every guest. The man is a legend. The atmosphere is that of a second family, the friends I made here I will have for life. I will absolutely return! Thanks Josko!

• 12th Apr 2014

Take one step inside the Split Guesthouse and you'll understand all the great reviews. The walls of the common area are plastered with message left by previous guests. It's a small hostel, two dorm rooms and one private room, but this is definitely part of the vibe. Josko is the best host you could imagine. He's very hands on and will go out of his way to help you. Cheap breakfasts made by grandma every morning, a tortoise named Ralph living in the courtyard. This place is unique.

• 10th Apr 2014

Hands down the best hostel I've ever been to yet. Josko makes sure that all of his guests feel welcomed and comfortable. Immediately when I walked through the door I was greeted with a smile and a shot of Rakjia. Not only is Josko the best, but everyone that goes through the hostel is friendly and becomes immediate friends! If you are looking for a fun stay in Split, this is the place to stay. A young crowd, with great friends, food, music and atmosphere! A+

• 10th Apr 2014

This is probably the best hostel i've ever been. Josko is very friendly and helpful. I would definately choose this hostel again!

Thanks so much for all the super advice for ways to make the most of my short trip to Croatia. Josko is a good laugh and really generous- would highly recommend his trip to Plitvice lakes! great little hostel in a lovely location.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I stayed at Split Guesthouse & Hostel right at the end of my trip in Europe. It was a perfect end to the trip. Josko was really friendly and made me feel very welcome. He is very enthusiastic, helpful and just a great guy all around. The hostel itself is great. It sits right next to a nice park and a few minutes from the centre of town. I had a great stay and met some really awesome people while I was there too :) Thanks a lot!!!

I got a good sleep here because it was quiet with a comfy bed and pillows. The owner is a really awesome guy and helps with everything. It was great to have a kitchen with a local market and bakery nearby. Nice social atmosphere where I met some good friends. Wifi was perfect and a free computer to use too. Cleanliness needs a little improving, but overall I'd say it's a welcoming and safe place to stay.

These reviews may be getting a bit repetitive, but with good reason--Josko really does ensure a great experience at Split Guesthouse. That is not to say that the other features (namely location, atmosphere, facilities, etc.) are not great as well, but this hostel excels on Josko's genuine love of Split and his desire for his guests to have a great time in his city.

• 19th Mar 2014

What a perfect time we had at Josko's hostel! He is hands-down the most helpful host we've had... He told us how to see everything, where to eat, and gave us new ideas of things to see. He made our stay in Split fruitful and enjoyable!

A great hostel in a great location very near everything. Stay here if you want a friendly fun atmosphere.. Was very safe too!

Great hostel! Josko is super nice and coming to his guesthouse is really like visiting an old friend (pay attention to the welcome rakija!). The hostel is in great position and the rooms are big an clean. I'd defenatly like to go back there in summer!

• 11th Mar 2014

Josco's enthusiasm and upbeat nature make his hostel well worth the visit, and his daughters are cute as can be. Thanks, Josco.

Incredible place to stay, located very close to all main attractions. Josko is an outstanding host, accommodating to any needs you might have, along with providing free kitchen access. Such a fun place. I would recommend it to anyone.

Good place, had a great time in Split!

Location was great. Wifi was great. Atmosphere was great. Owner was awesome. Rooms were nice. Zero complaints

This was a great place! Wonderful people we met and close to all the attractions. Josko was a great host. He always made sure we had everything we needed and answered all our questions. He made us feel like family. We miss Split and the guesthouse already and look forward to the next visit! Recommended for all travelers who want a great trip in Split!