Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Just to add to the Josko praise. I only met him on 2 occasions for a very short time but he always had a big smile on his face and was very friendly and helpful. I stupidly missed the bus from Zadar so missed my first night there, but he very kindly chose not to charge me for that night. Thanks again Josko, I'm sure i'll be back throughout the summer.

• 17th May 2015

There are not words to describe what a fantastic experience staying with Joško was. You will not find a more hospitable, genuine, generous, fun-loving man than him. Every part of him wants to assure that you are enjoying Split to the fullest, which is not hard in that incredible city. You'll meet lifelong friends sitting in the kitchen with Joško and the housemates while reading all the incredible stories and reviews left on the walls by past guests. I cannot recommend this hostel enough.

• 16th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I really loved this hostel, the atmosphere is amazing and it enables you to actually to meet and share moments with the other guests, which, in my opinion, the whole idea of hostels! Josko is a great host who is very helpful and is always trying to make you feel welcomed. With us he was particularly kind, as we had had our debit card stolen days before and were having problems withdrawing money. He was really patient and helped us find a solution to our problem, we can not thank him enough!!

• 11th May 2015
  • Argentina

Josko is a cool and helpful guy! Definitely will come back to stay at this hostel the next time I'm back at Split. The people you meet at the hostel really represents the vibe of the place: friendly, fun and spontaneous. The location of the hostel was pretty central too. Pity I only had one night there. Would have been great to stay there a couple of nights

Lets get this out of the way. Josko is the most amazing host you will ever have. But more than that, he is the most laid back, genuine guy you will ever meet. If you have a problem (e.g. Cancelled flight) he'll help you solve it. The facilities are good enough and the dining room is the place to be. I cannot recommend Josko's place enough.

Had a very good stay at the hostel. You wont find better in Split. I wanted to thank josko, the owner, because he was very helpful with every question we had. I also had a cancelled flight and needed to get one the next day in Rome and he explained every step and made sure i could catch that flight. I made it! Thank you very much. There is tours to plitvice national park organised with him too.

Great to meet people Great owner Definitely recommend !

Definitely felt at home in this place. The atmosphere was amazing and for a small hostel it has it all. The top bunks can be tricky to climb into, though. Would for sure stay again.

Thanks Josko, we had an amazing time! Regards, Tomas

Josko is the most amazing host I could've ever asked for! The trip he planned to Plitvice Lakes and to the football game were the highlights of my trip! The atmosphere of the hostel was amazing! Also, grandma's breakfast helped me get every morning started! Will definitely be going back just to hang out here!!

• 27th Apr 2015

Really awesome place. Just really comfortable and chill but can get noisy. Josko makes it his mission th a time everybody knows everybody which gives the place a really comfy feeling. Definitely the place to stay in Split

• 24th Apr 2015

Josko is absolutely amazing, there to help with whatever you need, goes above and beyond to make sure you are having a great time and making the most out of your time in Split! Facilities are great, showers are hot, this is definitely the place to stay if you are visiting Split.

Josko was so awesome! He picked us up from the airport and he and his daughters cooked us dinner. The atmosphere was so awesome, we met a bunch of people and ate dinner with all of them. The hostel is walking distance from everything. We loved this place and we will stay here again when we come back. I highly recommend.

This hostel is a great place to stay if you enjoy meeting peole on your travels! Josko is so friendly and energetic, it's easy to see why the guesthouse is so popular. Clean, homey, and friendly, Split Guesthouse is great for socializing and hanging out with other travelers. His two very cute daughters helped prepare a satisfying dinner, and Grandma's breakfast was cheap and very good. No complaints about our stay!

Josko definitely has an awesome hostel! Already recommended Split Guesthouse & Hostel to everyone we met in Dubrovnik. ;) Thanks for a lovely stay! And btw, to all other travellers leaving from Split by bus: IF the cashier at the bus station says that theres no room in that specific bus youre trying to get in, go straight to the bus and buy the ticket from the driver - its the same price and theres most likely plenty of free seats in the bus! Dont get fooled by the clerks at the ticket desk! ;)

Josko does a really excellent job at making his guests feel comfortable and at home. You should absolutely go on the day trip offered to plitvice lakes national park. However, lunch is included in the price and isn't very good. Especially if you have any dietary restrictions so I would probably recommend opting out and packing your own. The hostel is a 20 minute walk from the station, load the address in maps as directions given arent very clear Wifi works well and breakfast was really good

Hi M, thank you for leaving a review for us. Usually i dont reply but i do have a need today. First, restaurant has at least 8 different meals that you can choose from and it would be nice of you to tell me if something was wrong with your meal while we were there. Second, directions are clear as it gets as you were given a map with the marked way up to the hostel. Third, security is based on 3 locked doors and a locker so what more do one need.

Split Guesthouse and Hostel is one of (if not the best) hostel I've ever been to. Josko makes sure every guest feels at home and like a family. A great place to make friends and have the best breakfast made by Grandma for only €3 (25 kuna). Location was easy to find and close to everything. There's even a day trip to the Plitvice Lakes. Thanks Josko!

A really fun and friendly small hostel. Only 12 beds, a kitchen and big table, but it really works, and everybody makes friends easily and hangs out. As everyone says, Josko (the owner and only staff member!) is great, super friendly and helpful, and very keen to make sure you have a good time. His mum-in-law comes in the morning to make an awesome breakfast, definitely try it! Short walk into the centre (which is small, and very nice) and to bus/train/port. Spacious, comfy dorms, good kitchen.

Decent breakfast for 25 kuna. Josko is very friendly and helpful with giving an intro and directions. The room was spacious but the top bunks require you to climb up there without a ladder. And there's no rail so if you're someone who rolls in your sleep you better be ok with a 5 foot fall to the ground. Only one full washroom for all men in the hostel so if someone is showering you can't brush your teeth.... pretty inconvenient when you're in a rush. Otherwise location is better than most.

Staff as friendly and helpful as they come.