Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Hostel owner is more than accomadating to all of his/ her guests. If want to meet cool people go stay at the split guesthouse where youl be made to feel like a part of the family.

There is not enough nice things I can say about josko, the story about how he started his hostel is inspiring and he deserves everything he has got. He is such a great guy and I had an amazing stay and a fantastic trip to the lakes even if it did rain. My stay was the best on my whole traveling journey. He was so funny and helpful and would do anything for his guests to make their stay good.

Feels like family, everyone is so friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a great time in Split

In ally travels possibly the best hostel I have stayed at. GIVE THIS MAN A HOSCAR!

Yosko was amazing!!! He surprised us by picking us up from the bus station instead of having to walk. Sadly we only got to spend one night in Split, but it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Definitely recommend for the atmosphere that Yosko and the hostel provided.

Can't speak highly enough of the hostel. Josko is the perfect host and the atmosphere is fantastic. The hostel is worth a trip to Split for alone!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Thanks Josko

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Incredible place and a pretty unique hostel. Josko is not only a great help but he becomes part of the experience. A real treat

Josko was amazing, went above and beyond to help us . Full of information and advice and really lovely. The house was like a home , very welcoming . We would definitely go back .

One step closer to the Hoscar. Josko & the family are top notch. Took good care of us even when the weather didn't!

We had a great time staying at Split Guesthouse. Josko is an amazing host who welcomes everyone with homemade rakija. It is also a great place to meet other travellers

Josko and Nikki were the best!!! They were so friendly, accommodating and definitely made my time in Split an unforgettable one! grandma's breakfast is a must and watch out for grandpa's rakia! The guesthouse has a very family and social feel to it which is great after backpacking solo for a while. Would definitely come back!

This is hands down the best small hostel in the world. Joška takes the meaning of a hostel to another level, because when you are there, you are family. There's nothing like waking to up Grandma's breakfast and then heading out for an excursion with someone who genuinely cares that you are having a good time. I would highly recommend this place, it really made Split a memorable experience.

Too bad we only stayed for one night. I think the guys who went on the Plitvicer Lakes trip with Josko had an amazing time because that guy seems to be hilarious. In retrospect we should have stayed longer. Well... next time!! :)

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. You will meet tons of people and Josko is a fantastic host. Make sure to do the Plitvice Lakes tour if you have the time and also make sure to have Grandma's breakfast!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this hostel!! I got in super early and Josko (hostel manager) was out and about. I got grandma's breakfast and it was DELICIOUS. Loved the atmosphere of this hostel, everyone is so friendly and it is definitely because of Josko. The people made it for me during my trip to Split. Say hi to their hostel pet - Ralph the turtle. Very clean place, internet was great, facility fantastic. It was about 20 min walk to the old town but no big deal. Close to grocery.

Great atmosphere, one big family at Split Guesthouse! Josko and his team are extremely helpful and make you feel right at home. I have stayed in hostels all around Europe and this was by far my favorite. Highly recommended!

Josko is a pretty cool guy. His wife (I'm so sorry, I can never remember her name), and Nikki were super nice, very helpful, and very welcoming. This is one of the most welcoming hostels I have ever been to, and it was nice to find a lot of single travelers here like me, and not just big groups of friends.

Josko is amazing, really makes the atmosphere in the hostel. The waterfall trip is definitely worth doing. Had such a good stay here that we ended up staying an extra night which Josko sorted out for us.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Josko is a great host and he creates a friendly atmosphere in the hostel. The small size also helps with the laid back feel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7