Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Josko is friendly & helpful & the hostel has a homely feel. However, it was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. The floor was not swept once during my stay & had clearly not been swept for several weeks before I arrived. There was a large sticky patch on the floor of the dorm where a soft drink had been spilled some time before. The bathroom had many discarded and abandoned shower gel bottles and shampoo bottles inside the shower cubicle tray. It could be so much better than it is.

I am really sorry V,but i think you are blowing it our of proportions.... although it is sometimes good to get a slap from someone from time to time as we get too comfortable sometimes. Cleaning crew on its way hahahahaha...best times Josko

As many people already have written, staying here is more like staying in a family than staying at a hostel. Josko and his cute kids are always somewhere around and very helpful. Josko does everything to make your stay as perfect as possible. I remember him staying in the waiting loop of Telekom for more than a day, just to fix a WiFi problem. Thank you for the patience! The hostel itself is nice and little. Location is top. very close to the center and a very good bakery, try the sirnica!

The genuine hostel feeling and atmosphere is to be found in Split Guesthouse & Hostel, with something going on all the time. I met wonderful people during my stay, and had good night rests at night. I even forgot my phone charger and Josko managed to have it sent to me to Zagreb! I'm looking forward to come back! Thank you Josko and see you soon.

Awesome little hostel in Split! Great staff, good location, very secure, free computer, tea, coffee. One of my favorite hostels so far - feels like home!

Absolutely sensational hostel in a great location with top atmosphere and taken to the next level by the man himself Josko who will ensure you have a stunner in split.

Nice homey atmosphere. Josko is very helpful and energetic!

Loved Split! Could not have stayed at a better hostel; it was my favourite one in Croatia. Josko was wonderful, he made sure I had all of the information I needed to get around before I went off exploring, made sure I was comfortable and enjoyed myself. I have never stayed at a hostel where someone checks in with you daily, is interested in getting to know you and wants to make sure you have the best time possible while you are there. So much fun!. Thanks for the memorable stay! Much love!

Brilliant, Joško you're a fantastic host - created atmosphere in a small, tidy and well-equipped and personable hostel!

The best hostel experience yet! Josko is the perfect host, and made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Stay here for the homely atmosphere and if you like to socialise.

EPICNESS!!!! Joško, you the best!!!!!!!

Excellent hostel for socialising and meeting other travellers. The owner was really friendly made us feel very welcome and was really helpful. The evening that we spent there the owner even cooked food for everyone staing there. Hostel was a little difficult to find if arriving in by car, so you will need to print off a map of the location and it was difficult to park near the hostel as it was close to the city centre

Booked 3 nights, stayed 9...You will love this place, its only small which gives it a great friendly vibe. Everyone gets together each night to eat and chat. Great for the solo traveler. 5min walk to the old town. Oh and have the breakfast, just do it!

Had an amazing time here, I miss it and our little family so much. Josko and family are so great and I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a fun time in a home away from home. Everybody stayed longer than they planned to.

The best vibes you could ever imagine. Josko is an amazing host, and me feel like I'm right at home. It's like one big family! This place is where you want to be.

All the reviews are so right, everyone extends their stay due to the fact Josko makes Split guesthouse a one of a kind experience! Never have I found such a family oriented atmosphere in a hostel! I was meant to stay 2 nights and I ended up staying 7! One of the highlights of my trip so far! I miss my split guesthouse family! Halloween 2013 will never be forgotten! Don't think twice, book this hostel. You won't regret it!

Amazing hostel. I have travelled a fair bit and this is the first time I ever extended my stay at a hostel. Free vodka and dinner when josko is in the mood to cook. Made loads of new friends and had a great time hanging out with them doing cliff jumping and basically just chilling around. Everyone's like family in the hostel, it's clean, comfortable, has great wifi, an epic host so don't hesitate to book it. Just be warned that it is likely that you will like your stay so much you will extend it

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

AMAZING HOSTEL! Josko is the greatest--I had the best time! Small hostel with a family feel to it. Made tons of new friends, spent most days cliff-jumping and swimming, and had way too much fun with the free Rakia! Small lockers for valuables, good kitchen, fast WiFi. Grandma's breakfast is soooo worth the money and Josko cooks dinner when he's feeling up to it! Definitely stay here--you'll never want to leave! I extended my stay by 2 nights. :)

Great place, great people, free raki, only bad thing about this place is how hard it is to leave

1 2 Next » last »