Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

I was so excited to say at this hostel but we missed our ferry to Split and had to take one to Zadar.I called the hostel right away and explained my situation and they were SO nice and SO understanding and did not charge me(even thought I was only giving them a few hours notice).As soon as I booked my hostel, they send me so much helpful information about getting to the hostel(send a map)& information about excursions.It seemed like a great hostel&great staff from the little I did experience.

Hostel owner is more than accomadating to all of his/ her guests. If want to meet cool people go stay at the split guesthouse where youl be made to feel like a part of the family.

Josko is the best!! Everyone should stay here at least once in their life!

There is not enough nice things I can say about josko, the story about how he started his hostel is inspiring and he deserves everything he has got. He is such a great guy and I had an amazing stay and a fantastic trip to the lakes even if it did rain. My stay was the best on my whole traveling journey. He was so funny and helpful and would do anything for his guests to make their stay good.

Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Josko is a great owner, willing to help you out with anything. Makes it feel like a family, cooked us dinner the night we were there, and also organised a trip to the lakes which included seeing beers and a great dinner, totally worth it and would LOVE to go back again.

Feels like family, everyone is so friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a great time in Split

In ally travels possibly the best hostel I have stayed at. GIVE THIS MAN A HOSCAR!

Yosko was amazing!!! He surprised us by picking us up from the bus station instead of having to walk. Sadly we only got to spend one night in Split, but it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Definitely recommend for the atmosphere that Yosko and the hostel provided.

Although it is a small hostel it is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed, Josko is awesome and the lakes tour ir even best! The breakfast is really good as well, if you are going to split this is definitely the place to stay!

Can't speak highly enough of the hostel. Josko is the perfect host and the atmosphere is fantastic. The hostel is worth a trip to Split for alone!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Thanks Josko

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Incredible place and a pretty unique hostel. Josko is not only a great help but he becomes part of the experience. A real treat

Josko was amazing, went above and beyond to help us . Full of information and advice and really lovely. The house was like a home , very welcoming . We would definitely go back .

One step closer to the Hoscar. Josko & the family are top notch. Took good care of us even when the weather didn't!

Josko is an absolute legend! Had a great time there, he makes everyone feel welcome and part of the family. Not necessarily a party hostel but great place to meet people to head out with. Also recommend Joskos Plitvice Lakes tour, make sure you do the swimming if you go!

Great hostel - the owner is fab and makes this place what it is! Great value for money - he threw a fee free dinners. AMAZING breakfast. Cute turtle out the back. Shower was average though. Facilities are just so so - it is a small hostel after all. Would def recommend

We had a great time staying at Split Guesthouse. Josko is an amazing host who welcomes everyone with homemade rakija. It is also a great place to meet other travellers

Josko and Nikki were the best!!! They were so friendly, accommodating and definitely made my time in Split an unforgettable one! grandma's breakfast is a must and watch out for grandpa's rakia! The guesthouse has a very family and social feel to it which is great after backpacking solo for a while. Would definitely come back!

This is hands down the best small hostel in the world. Joška takes the meaning of a hostel to another level, because when you are there, you are family. There's nothing like waking to up Grandma's breakfast and then heading out for an excursion with someone who genuinely cares that you are having a good time. I would highly recommend this place, it really made Split a memorable experience.

Too bad we only stayed for one night. I think the guys who went on the Plitvicer Lakes trip with Josko had an amazing time because that guy seems to be hilarious. In retrospect we should have stayed longer. Well... next time!! :)