Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Josko and the Split Guesthouse are amazing. They completely made our trip to Split with Josko, grandpa juice, grandma' breakfast,and the amazing people. It's by far one of my favorite hostels I have stayed in throughout Europe.

• 29th May 2015

We felt very safe and secure in the hostel throughout our entire stay. It is a couple of minutes work from the centre, and barely more than five minutes from diocletians palace. We were greeted by Josko and his wife and hey were absolutely lovely, and very accommodating. The whole place was super clean and the people we met there were fantastic. The best place I have ever stayed in terms of atmosphere.

• 27th May 2015

We had an amazing stay at Split guesthouse! Joško was a great host, super friendly and a good laugh. Great atmosphere and the breakfasts are epic! Had a welcome shot and he made dinner for us all one night! Definitely would come back and stay again! Thanks again Joško!

• 25th May 2015

Great Atmosphere, you will feel comfortable right when you walk into the place.

• 25th May 2015

We only stayed for one night but the host Josko was really friendly and accommodating, and the other people at the hostel were fun. We had a double room which was perfect for us and the hostel is close to town. Josko went out of his way to help us when we returned to Split and we thank him for that.

I stayed at Josko's place a couple of weeks ago, and it's still been one of the best if not the best, hostel experience I've had since beginning my european travelling in January! You get such a family sense which is nice to have so far from home, as well as somehow attracting the best kind of travellers to enjoy your stay in Split. Coming from 24 hours of transit it was amazing to come into a home of comfort and fun and excitement. Thanks for everything, I definitely will be back!! :)

• 18th May 2015

Josko might be the most deservedly legendary host in Croatia if not all of Europe. Attentive, available, and eager to accommodate at any time day or night. He makes this hands down the place to stay in Split. It's a cozy guesthouse where you're certain to meet travel buddies or even future lifelong friends. Josko made a special adjustment to the Plitvice Lakes trip just so I could catch a connecting bus to Zagreb. It's an incendiary place unlike any other. Book it!

Just to add to the Josko praise. I only met him on 2 occasions for a very short time but he always had a big smile on his face and was very friendly and helpful. I stupidly missed the bus from Zadar so missed my first night there, but he very kindly chose not to charge me for that night. Thanks again Josko, I'm sure i'll be back throughout the summer.

• 17th May 2015

Just stay here- you won't regret it. Josko is the most amazing host I have met in my travels. He makes everyone staying at his Guesthouse feel like family. The location is excellent. The day trip to the Lakes can't be beat (do this!). Grandma's breakfast is amazing and affordable. I met some great friends at Josko's-- STAY HERE!

There are not words to describe what a fantastic experience staying with Joško was. You will not find a more hospitable, genuine, generous, fun-loving man than him. Every part of him wants to assure that you are enjoying Split to the fullest, which is not hard in that incredible city. You'll meet lifelong friends sitting in the kitchen with Joško and the housemates while reading all the incredible stories and reviews left on the walls by past guests. I cannot recommend this hostel enough.

• 16th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The only bad thing that is that there was not enough bathrooms. So during the morning I had to wait more than half an hour to use it. And there's also no shower holder, I find it really annoying when I have to hold the shower while I'm using it. But overall it's a pretty nice hostel with an excellent staff

I really loved this hostel, the atmosphere is amazing and it enables you to actually to meet and share moments with the other guests, which, in my opinion, the whole idea of hostels! Josko is a great host who is very helpful and is always trying to make you feel welcomed. With us he was particularly kind, as we had had our debit card stolen days before and were having problems withdrawing money. He was really patient and helped us find a solution to our problem, we can not thank him enough!!

• 11th May 2015
  • Argentina

Split Guesthouse was the best hostel I stay at during my trip in Europe. Josko was extremely friendly and a gracious host; couldn't have asked for better hospitality. This is a great hostel if you intend to meet amazing, like-minded people who are also traveling across Europe. Definitely make sure to try Grandma's pancakes during your stay.

Josko is a cool and helpful guy! Definitely will come back to stay at this hostel the next time I'm back at Split. The people you meet at the hostel really represents the vibe of the place: friendly, fun and spontaneous. The location of the hostel was pretty central too. Pity I only had one night there. Would have been great to stay there a couple of nights

Lets get this out of the way. Josko is the most amazing host you will ever have. But more than that, he is the most laid back, genuine guy you will ever meet. If you have a problem (e.g. Cancelled flight) he'll help you solve it. The facilities are good enough and the dining room is the place to be. I cannot recommend Josko's place enough.

Had a very good stay at the hostel. You wont find better in Split. I wanted to thank josko, the owner, because he was very helpful with every question we had. I also had a cancelled flight and needed to get one the next day in Rome and he explained every step and made sure i could catch that flight. I made it! Thank you very much. There is tours to plitvice national park organised with him too.

Great to meet people Great owner Definitely recommend !

Wonderful hostel! I was welcomed by the staff and guests alike! It was a small hostel but everyone was so friendly. The bathrooms were super nice and the beds were comfy and the wifi worked great! They offer homemade breakfast for a cheap price as well.

Definitely felt at home in this place. The atmosphere was amazing and for a small hostel it has it all. The top bunks can be tricky to climb into, though. Would for sure stay again.

Thanks Josko, we had an amazing time! Regards, Tomas