Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Best hostel I have stayed at. Awesome atmosphere and the facilities are great. Josko is incredible and was an amazing host. Will definitely be back !

This is such a good hostel with the nicest owners they really go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be, it feel like you are staying in a house with your mates we stayed for five nights and it was honestly the best we had two rainy days and they were awesome we just chilled at the hostel and watched movies ! Grandmas breakfast is super tasty and the pet turtle is the best ! Make the most out of your stay as when it ends u will want to stay longer !!

We had a great time at this hostel. Josko and his wife are very friendly and make the atmosphere of the hostel very fun and social. We met a lot of great people here and the hostel felt very comfortable. It's a small hostel with a small common area, so it was very easy to make friends and find people to go out with or take day trips with. The location was great and not far from the water and plenty of grocery stores, restaurants, bars, and more.

• 1st Oct 2015

Nice, social hostel. The host really tries to get everyone doing things together, so it is great for meeting people. Close to town and dont forget to meet the turtle :)

Fantastic hostel!! The owner, Josko, was an amazing host. The hostel is very small, which makes meeting people incredibly easy. The rooms contain lockers and while each bed did not have its own plug, I never had difficulty finding a place to charge my devices. The kitchen was pretty good - free tea, coffee, spices and cooking oil; oven, stove, dishwasher (no microwave or toaster). Nice common area with a TV for watching movies on those inevitable rainy days. Overall, a wonderful place to stay!

Josko is an amazing host and genuinely wonderful person! I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to meet fellow backpackers.

Yosko is the best! I got into the Hostel at 9am, exhausted, and he sits me down with a bunch of other people eating breakfast, offers me coffee and food, goes over the city with me. You're part of a family when you're in this Hostel since it's so small and Yosko does his best to make you feel at home. Do yourself a favor and stay here when in Split, you won't regret it.

Very nice hostel. The staff is very kind, the place ir very clean. Good shower. They do shuttle to the airport for a fair price. About 10 minutes to the centre of the city.

All the reviews talk about this amazing guy Joško, and you think, how great can he be? Then you meet him and within five minutes he makes you feel like family. Only 14 beds and a small common area so it's great for meeting fellow travellers. Everything you need is easily within walking distance. Check in and out times are very relaxed; just let Joško know your arrival time. Thanks for missing the football to take me to the lakes Joško. Is there a better way to spend a Sunday?

THE place to stay in Split (and maybe even a reason to go to Split in the first place!) This small hostel is pleasantly managed by a very welcoming host, who really cares about you having the best time in its city. He was cooking a (free) nice dinner for everyone the evening I arrived! I easily met wonderful people there, and end up travelling other place Croatia with some of them, which makes my stay here even more memorable.

Probably my favourite hostel I've stayed at.

Amazing stay!! Josko and family make you feel like one of the family. Nobody feels left out, very fun stay. Will return when I'm back in Croatia!!

Undoubtedly one of my best hostel stays in a year of travelling! Josko is the best host you could ask for, he has a way of making everyone feel comfortable immediately...the atmosphere is unbeatable. He knows exactly what travellers need and goes above and beyond that, his hostel is more of a home which really sets it apart from the rest. Cheers Josko, you are the man!

Amazing stay. We stayed the night after our sail croatia tour. To top off our sail croatia tour, josko took us (9 nz lads) to a local football game. The atmosphere, the pipe bombs, flares, chants and the crazy football fans were amazing. I can not thank you enough for your hospitality and wish u and your beautiful family all the best for the future. Go Hajduk Split!!!!!!! Zak

From the first moment we meet josko, we knew we picked the best hostel in split, croatia. Very friendly, funny and a all round top bloke. We stayed a night before and after our sail croatia tour. When we first got to the hostel we were introduced with a welcome shot and we're given maps which showed all the key places (atm, supermarkets, restaurants, laundry mats, etc. On our first night josko took us to do archery where they filmed game of thrones. Amazing sites and activity. A++++++++++

We really enjoyed our stay here, it's a really good atmosphere and we went on the trip to Plitvice that Josko organised, which was brilliant! It's incredible that he manages to run the hostel and trips almost completely by himself!

Best staff and atmosphere I have come across in a hostel yet!

• 17th Sep 2015

All this awards for the hostel are worth it. Josko is really a brilliant host. He knows every guest by name and is interested in what you are feeling and doing. Hostel is well equipped, especially the kitchen. I mean an oven, an automatic dishwasher and free hard liqour are things, that I miss in the most other hostel kitchens. It is a quite small hostel, but this makes the special atmosphere there. For me it felt more living in a lovely shared flat with greet room mates than a normal hostel.

Josko, the owner, is what makes this place so great. It is a relatively small hostel with a small common area, so you will meet a ton of people and have a great time. If you are trying to get to bed early bring earplugs. Breakfast in the morning was cheap and excellent, and Josko would work to organize trips at lease every other day. He took us to the Klis fortress while I was there, which was a lot of fun. I could not recommend more that you stay here if you want a social group in Split.

Josko is the man. Hands down, best hostel I've ever been to. Brilliant facilities (spacious rooms & toilets - trust me, those things matter). Wonderful service from the married couple; get the airport transfer if you come by plane, don't plan for dinner on Fridays (Josko cooks a sumptuous family dinner) & most definitely get Grandma's breakfast every morning (delicious & helps with the hangover). Josko also knows some of his friends' apartments for en suite options; those are great too.