Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Superb atmosphere I was greeted with much friendliness and care from the moment I met the wonderful host Josko. Very easy to meet people as it's a relatively small place which makes for great social atmosphere

Josko is the best!!!!!

Josko, the owner, really makes you feel welcome and creates opportunities (like cooking us dinner) for all his guests to gather together. I think this hostel attracts very sociable people that are interested in meeting new people.. great for solo travellers. The Plitvice Lakes tour is a must! No one does a tour like this, Josko organizes and does the tour himself - it was a memorable experience. Thank you for a fabulous stay in Split!

Amazing stay just wish we had more time the the one night. Josko is a great host and is more like a little family, he went out of his way for us even though he didn't need to. Will be reccomending this place to friends and if we are ever in split will be staying here.

We had the best time in Split thanks to our stay here. Josko made us feel very welcomed into his hostel. We had high expectations after reading all the comments! And he certainly exceeded them, we definitely want to come back. Elise and Becky :)

This hostel was the ideal tonic after a long day's driving, Josko is the heart of the place and you can see how much he has made people's holidays with all the messages on the wall. When we arrived there was some cake and a lovely bunch of people in the common area chatting. The toilets and showers were very clean, lots of helpful local advice and map. Handy parking. Parking place is important as it's easy to get clamped in wrong place. Breakfast for €3, bargain, lovely scrambled eggs.

I was so excited to say at this hostel but we missed our ferry to Split and had to take one to Zadar.I called the hostel right away and explained my situation and they were SO nice and SO understanding and did not charge me(even thought I was only giving them a few hours notice).As soon as I booked my hostel, they send me so much helpful information about getting to the hostel(send a map)& information about excursions.It seemed like a great hostel&great staff from the little I did experience.

Hostel owner is more than accomadating to all of his/ her guests. If want to meet cool people go stay at the split guesthouse where youl be made to feel like a part of the family.

Josko is the best!! Everyone should stay here at least once in their life!

There is not enough nice things I can say about josko, the story about how he started his hostel is inspiring and he deserves everything he has got. He is such a great guy and I had an amazing stay and a fantastic trip to the lakes even if it did rain. My stay was the best on my whole traveling journey. He was so funny and helpful and would do anything for his guests to make their stay good.

Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Josko is a great owner, willing to help you out with anything. Makes it feel like a family, cooked us dinner the night we were there, and also organised a trip to the lakes which included seeing beers and a great dinner, totally worth it and would LOVE to go back again.

Feels like family, everyone is so friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a great time in Split

In ally travels possibly the best hostel I have stayed at. GIVE THIS MAN A HOSCAR!

Yosko was amazing!!! He surprised us by picking us up from the bus station instead of having to walk. Sadly we only got to spend one night in Split, but it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Definitely recommend for the atmosphere that Yosko and the hostel provided.

Although it is a small hostel it is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed, Josko is awesome and the lakes tour ir even best! The breakfast is really good as well, if you are going to split this is definitely the place to stay!

Can't speak highly enough of the hostel. Josko is the perfect host and the atmosphere is fantastic. The hostel is worth a trip to Split for alone!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Thanks Josko

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Incredible place and a pretty unique hostel. Josko is not only a great help but he becomes part of the experience. A real treat

Josko was amazing, went above and beyond to help us . Full of information and advice and really lovely. The house was like a home , very welcoming . We would definitely go back .

One step closer to the Hoscar. Josko & the family are top notch. Took good care of us even when the weather didn't!