Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Decent breakfast for 25 kuna. Josko is very friendly and helpful with giving an intro and directions. The room was spacious but the top bunks require you to climb up there without a ladder. And there's no rail so if you're someone who rolls in your sleep you better be ok with a 5 foot fall to the ground. Only one full washroom for all men in the hostel so if someone is showering you can't brush your teeth.... pretty inconvenient when you're in a rush. Otherwise location is better than most.

Staff as friendly and helpful as they come.

Very nice stay at split guesthouse ! Easy to meet new people with whom you can spent your stay there. Great host, Josko is full of energy and ready to help you if you have any questions. Cheap and good breakfast in the morning prepared by Grandma! The only things it is the shower, it is broken but its a little detail ! If you wanna have fun and spend a nice stay in Split, It is the place to go !

Josko is legend. He fosters community among his guests like no other host. If you're traveling by yourself, or are with a small group open to making new friends, you must stay here-- if you can get a bed!

Everyone loves this place, and with good reason. The reputation is well deserved.

Split Guesthouse is simply the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is fun and friendly, and Josko is the best host you'll ever have. Can't recommend it enough.

• 11th Apr 2015

The best hostel I have stayed in through all my European Travels! Truly a home away from home and Josko is the most wonderful host, he truly went above and beyond to make my stay as convenient and as fun as possible!

Best hostel hands down during my trip through europe a solo traveler. Small and intimate space makes meeting and partying with people extremely easy. Owner is a boss. He trusts his guests and gives travelers space to do what they want and explore with their fellow travelers while also being there for questions and everything. A welcome shot, and many many free complimentary shots make this place the easiest place to have the best nights of your life (yes, you heard right, many many free shots).

Great place. Not for everyone. If you want a place that will greet you with a shot and a group that will go out and get drunk with you, this is the place. If you're looking for somewhere quieter to just pass out at the end of the day, this isn't the place. That being said, if you want a party in Split, there's no better place to stay.

I had an amazing time here. Josko was an incredible host that really puts an emphasis on making sure people have fun by making sure that everyone gets to know everyone. If you are looking for a quiet hostel, this may not be the place for you, but if you like a drink or two, and like to have fun and party, I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Thanks Josko, you were brilliant!

Josko, the owner, was fantastic and helped out whenever he could, thank you

• 8th Apr 2015

Perfect atmosphere, Josko was super helpful and great help for all of us. I highly recommend this Hostel for everyone visiting Split and Croatia ! Cheers, Matti

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Best hostel I've been to by far! The owner, Josko, treats all of his guests like a family. He takes his guests on an amazing trip to the Plitvice lakes, a castle where Game of Thrones was filmed, and one of the best restaurants in Croatia for a very affordable price. Not to mention he is very knowledgeable about Croatia and is always there to give suggestions for restaurants and places to go.

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel is great! Josko is amazing and really fosters a fun place to stay. The location is great and is close to the park and city center. Josko went out with all of us to a sushi oyster restaurant that was delicious and super fresh. Also for only 3 euro or 25 kuna you can eat Grandma's breakfast, which is the best breakfast ever!! There are only 2 bathrooms, but it works out fine enough. I would definitely stay at this hostel again!!

I loved my stay. The J-Man was so hospitibal and treated his guests like part of the family. He even gave me spare keys once I checked out so I could come back if needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone! Yes his tracksuit makes Josko look like a Mafia boss. But I assure you he is so cool and kind! Till next time.

Best. Hostel. Ever. I was greeted with a shot of Rakija, coffee and a pastry upon my arrival. Josko is simply the best host one could ask for. It is so easy to meet people at this place, it feels like a big family. Grandma's breakfast is incredible, you have to do it at least once. Get the scrambled eggs and tomatoes, it has a bit of everything on the plate, or the fritters. If you're staying in Split, you must stay here. Unless you're a wet blanket and are allergic to fun.

Josko is an excellent host. Very personable, lots of energy and a great tour guide for our trip up to Plit Vice National Park. Well worth the time, money and sour legs!

• 28th Mar 2015

Easily the best small hostel I have been to. Josko went out of his way to accommodate our early morning arrival and drove us to the bus station when we left. During our stay, he provided free alcohol and donuts and personally took us for an awesome day trip to plitvice lakes-well worth the money. Grandma's breakfast are also delicious and really cheap. Otherwise, WiFi is perfect, lockers available, kitchen and bathrooms were clean, and it had a really fun atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Loved this hostel! Joško is an amazing, laid back host with all of the answers. The beds are sooo comfortable and he has free donuts and coffee/ tea every morning, plus a welcome shot on check in. Met some amazing people. Will be going back to Split and will definitely be staying here. Actually wished I had stayed longer.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. As all the other reviews will tell you, Jasok is the man! Simply the coolest, friendliest host I've met. Free homemade liquor (his grandpa juice) is provided for all, helping to get the party started, as well as free donuts every morning. Jasok also offers trips out to the lakes national park, with him as driver and guide (seriously not to be missed). Great atmosphere, great hostel, great host. Just stay here.