Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Even though I did not get to meet Josko in person I could tell he was a geniune guy that would have made for an awesome host and stay.

Josko you were an amazing host love the grandpa juice I'm sure I'll make it back before the end of my travels peace.

Josko creates a wonderful atmostsphere and is extremely helpful. Great stay.

Amazing atmosphere. Looks like you are at home!

Had an awesome night here. Josko sent us in the direction of all the places to see and do in our time in Split: a brilliant fish restaurant, buzzing pub crawl and the best view over the port to name a few things we did on his recommendation! Definitely coming back to see more of it and will try to stay here again! Could not of asked for better value for money but would have been willing to pay more for the services and atmosphere provided in the hostel! Perfect!

• 17th Jun 2014

Josko is the man. Got a shot of his uncle's moonshine when first checking in.... and more later in the night when hanging out with other backpackers for some King's Cup ;-) Very friendly, chill vibe - can only think of one other hostel (in Thailand) with a similar atmosphere among the guests.. Josko also does tours of Plitvice Lakes and he gave us a "VIP experience" you can't get from any other tour. Josko also treated me to a scampi lunch with his wife the day I was leaving! A+++++

Definitely my favourite hostel of a 5 month trip! With space for only 14 guests, it's a wonderful place to come if you're willing to make new friends and hang out with the whole group. This isn't like staying at a hostel - it's like crashing at a friend's place. Josko is always available if you need him, but never lingers or makes you feel "watched". He is a warm, helpful and generous host. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough!

Overall, the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Josko and Mirela create an incredibly welcoming environment and make their guests feel like family. During our time there, my friend and I really got to know the other travelers in our hostel, and I credit that very much to the environment they create (and the free booze). They offer day trips to Plitvice National Park (which they run themselves; amazing) and cooked dinner for us one of the nights we were there. Don't miss out on this place!

Josko, Thanks for sharing your wonderful family and your incredible hospitality. I really enjoyed my stay and dinner was delicious.

We cannot express enough gratitude to Josko and his beautiful family for our wonderful stay in Split. We loved the lakes tour, the friendly atmosphere, grandma's breakfast and the initiation with grandpa's rakija! This is hands down the BEST hostel in the world - it becomes more like home than a guesthouse. You genuinely feel like part of the family - we wanted to stay forever.

The best hostel I've stayed in!! It's great for if your travelling alone the atmosphere makes you feel very welcome and the host josko makes sure your having a good time I would recommend his trips to the lakes and grandmas breakfast!! Thanks for the amazing stay josko from Lucy !!!

Fantastic staff, open-minded people, the tour to plitivce was amazing. Thank you guys so much. Definitely the place to go when you visit Split. I wish you guys all the bets

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in!!! It was so much fun, it was friendly and Josko is the man! If you want to have a great time stay here. And get ready for grandpa juice!

• 6th Jun 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Josko the owner is amazing and great at getting everyone involved and chatting with each other. The lakes trip that is offered is well worth doing as there are little extras that you won't get with a trip on your own! The rooms were great, the showers fine and great location. It is the perfect place to meet people and Josko is very good at recommending things to do in and around Split. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

Highly recommend this place to anyone that is lucky enough to visit Split. We were greeted by Josko at Split airport for a transfer after giving him about 3 hours notice and from here on in he made our stay as welcoming and fun as possible. Great people, great food, plenty of drinks and an extremely hospitable host who went above and beyond every step of the way. Top location and great company, 10/10.

Split Guesthouse & Hostel is easily one of the most fun and home-y places I've ever stayed. It is not a super fancy hostel, it is Josko's home. He makes you feel at home right away and tells you everything you need to know about Split and what to do. The hostel is very clean as well. Josko cooks dinner for everyone almost every other night which is unlike a lot of places. He really brings everyone together as a family and before you l leave you have to add to his wonderful posters on the walls.

• 5th Jun 2014

Very fun hostel! Josko works really hard to make sure the hostel has a family atmosphere and that every guest has everything he or she needs. The location is very close to the old town, and the rooms are huge. You would have to try pretty hard to NOT to have a good time here. Also, the trip to Lake Plitvice is a blast and a great way to see the best national park in Croatia.

Great host who offers an awesome welcome for all!

Spend two nights with Josko and Ralph and you'll be family! Super awesome hostel! They are very very accomadating with everything you could possible think off in Split and the Croatian Islands. My girlfriend and I heard about split guest house through another traveller we met in Istanbul and decided to check it out. We were not disappointed. Even though hostel world said it was fully booked, we emailed them and Josko organised for us to stay with a close family friend who was amazing! Legendary!

We only stayed in Split for one night and instantly wished we had more time. Josko was an absolute gem and was more than welcoming upon arrival and accommodating throughout. He recommended a fantastic dinner spot- food, views and wine were absolutely phenomenal- and "must sees" for our short time there. You have to get Grandma's breakfast in the morning, it was amazing and a sizeable amount of food for a great price. We took advantage on the lift to the airport, which I also recommend.