Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Great Hostel, very chilled atmosphere, and an excellent owner - Josko really makes you feel at home.

Very good atmosphere. Almost unevitable to meet nice new people because it's a small and cosy hostel. Good bed and locker. Josko made a free meal for all of us. I would go back!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Very great atmosphere, excellent for meeting new friends, and Josko is a fantastic host! Definitely would recommend the trip he offers to Plitvice Lakes national park.

• 19th May 2014

Josko (the owner) was awesome! He helped us out at a moments notice

• 19th May 2014
  • New Zealand

My only problem was the shower, the rest was perfect.

this was our second stay in Split Guesthouse because we loved it so much! two years later and its still the best atmosphere, the people you meet are incredible and Josko is amazing and will do anything you ask for! Plenty of initiation drinks! we had a trip to the lake and was amazing, one of the best days out!!

This is my second time staying at split guesthouse and hostel and I would recommend it to everyone! Honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else in Split - one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Josko goes above and beyond and will do whatever he can to make your stay special he is genuinely lovely. Also the lakes trip he runs is amazing and is definitely worth it! Thanks for another great stay josko hopefully I'll be back soon!

The Split Guesthouse was amazing! Josco is the man and will do whatever it takes to make your trip amazing. Breakfast in the morning is delicious, and Grandpa makes a fine drink! I definitely suggest staying here and I know I'll be back!

Josko is the best. This hostel is the best. Everyone you meet is the best. If you go to Split and you DON'T stay here, you're making a mistake. Also, if you do stay at this hostel (...you're remotely social/like making friends at all/meeting cool people, you have to stay at this hostel)…definitely try going on Josko's trip to Plitvice Lakes. It's a day trip and he makes it really fun :) plus you get to try some authentic Croatian food. Overall, an AMAZING place/host/time!

Right from the first moment I met Josko he was super friendly and made me feel so included. It was the first part of my trip that I was flying solo and Josko ensured we had a "family dinner" that night - got to meet the other people staying at the hostel and after some "grandpas water" (scary - but yes no hangover it's TRUE!) - great night(s). . DId the trip to Plitvice lakes with Josko and it was super fun, amazingly beautiful! Be prepared to get wet once you're there, but keep it on the DL ;)

Best hostel I've ever been to. The owner, Josko, is amazing! He gave us the best welcome. We had only booked one night, we wanted to stay and even if the hostel was full he worked something out and we stayed 2 more nights! That's what he does! And he organizes this AMAZING trip to Plitvice national park that you must do! Great facilities, great location, and best atmosphere!! Hvala Josko!

• 10th May 2014

Pros: Joske is an brilliant and charismatic host who welcomes every guest, organises trips and even made dinner for everyone when I was there. There was a great easy-going atmosphere and everyone was talking with each other. Cons: my bed was a little uncomfortable and the single computer was super slow. Overall, stay here if you are someone who likes really social hostels.

Excellent small hostel. Josko is a great host and creates a very social and fun atmosphere. Even cooked for the guests on some nights! Good place to meet people. Trip to Plitvice Lakes national park and the Knin Fortress, runned by Josko, was amazing. Would definitely recommend.

• 8th May 2014

Excellent small hostel. Conveniently located. Josko (the owner) was incredibly helpful, and turned a good hostel into an exceptional one. The tour Josko runs to the Plitvice lakes is a must - you get to see the stunning lakes from a unique perspective. Would definitely stay in the hostel if I was in Split again.

This was BY FAR the best place I have ever stayed while traveling. The atmosphere is AMAZING!! Josko and his family go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have a great time, this is the best place to stay in Split!

An amazing hostel to stay in! Josko makes the place feel like you are right at home! Welcome shots as well as a great social atmosphere! The only hostel I will ever stay at in Split! Josko can take you on a trip to the plitvice lakes! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Stay at this hostel!!!!!

Fantastic little hostel and excellent host which is a great place to meet people and socialise. :)

Josko made us feel at home even before we arrived. He and his family are so friendly and a great advert for their country. I stayed 4 nights with my wife and 30 month old son at Joskos Guest house and I was choked with emotion when it was time to leave. All of the guests seemed to be really at ease and enjoy their stay. The trip to Plitvice Lakes National Park was a real highlight as well. I highly recommend staying at this Guest house.

• 3rd May 2014

Had the best time at this hostel with Joško and his family!!! Felt instantly at home and was really happy the entire time we were there. Joško was extremely helpful and accommodating to our questions and concerns. He also took us on the best adventure trip to Plitvice National Park despite terrible weather. Thanks Joško!

• 2nd May 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in! I cried when I left! Josko is so helpful and inclusive and has lots of funny stories and local knowledge. It's very easy to make friends here due to the fun and relaxed atmosphere. The trip to the lakes was a crazy adventure and we visited a restaurant afterwards that kept bears! There is also free towel and locker use for everyone and Grandma's breakfast for a very small cost. This hostel is more like a home than just a place to sleep and made my holiday fantastic!