Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Fantastic place! Just like staying with friends or family loved the sense of community

This place deserves any praise it gets. Josko is the most awesome host ever. Somehow, after being delayed by a full hour because of croatian rail, he made us forget about our problems and realize we were in for the time of our lives. I wished we stayed longer because there were so many things to do that Josko either organized or recommended. After staying in a party hostel in budapest, this place felt like a four seasons with clean facilities and grandma's breakfast. Definitely coming back.

A great hostel with really helpful staff, itit's a really friendly and sociable place!

• 16th Jun 2015

I had a great time at the Split Guesthouse! Great environment for meeting people and the owners are incredibly nice and so much fun!

had an awesome time at this hostel! a bit of a walk from the bus station / ferry teinal but there are shops and stuff nearby which is great. was offered a shot when I got there to become part of the family :) I was travelling solo so I really appreciated how josko and his wife made an effort to get people to hang out together, and made an effort to try and make sure everyone was included in activities. Unfortunately josko wasn't doing his lake trip until the day I left but I would recommend it!

Split guesthouse and hostel was excellent. Perfect atmosphere for meeting other guests and the hosts were incredibly helpful and friendly which made our stay even better. Good location close to everything in Split, would definitely stay again! Cheers josko!

Such a great hostel which required all of our needs! Josko is the man and put up with a lot that we threw at him! So helpful and always getting the group together! Very homey atmosphere which is what I look for in a hostel.Also grandmas breakfast is a must have! Won't be the last visit :)

You HAVE to stay here if you visit Split! Not enough words to say how wonderful Josko and Split Guesthouse are!!! The hostel is safe, clean, and super welcoming. And you need to have Grandma's breakfast at least once during your stay. Thanks for everything Josko!

• 12th Jun 2015

This was our last hostel on my two week trip around Europe and was by far the best one I stayed in. Josko, who everyone loves, made us dinner our first night which was a) yummy and b) gave everyone an opportunity to socialise and thoroughly enjoy their stay at the hostel. We all went out and partied into the night - with people who I had only met a few hours before. Would highly recommend this hostel!! Also, the turtle, Ralph, is awesome.

This was my first stay at a hostel in Split and it will be the only hostel I will be staying at next time I'm in Split. The reason? Josko. Josko is a wonderful human being who goes out of his way to make your stay surpass your expectations in every way possible. I cannot thank Josko enough for his incredible hospitality.

• 12th Jun 2015

The breakfast was amazing!!!

Joska is such a nice guy! Made me feel welcome from the start, I only stayed one night but would definately return again!

Joshko is the man! I've never had such a unique and phenominal experience. I've been at over 50 hostels and this one ranks near the top...it would be a mistake to pass up. Party, chill, it all works over here.

it's great hostel!

Split Guesthouse is great! The owner goes out of his way to make everyone feel like part of the family. I would highly recommend this hostel for Solo travelers or anyone that wants to have a great experience in Split.

Josko!!! Amazing hospitality and advice about the city. the atmosphere is fun and chill, making it easy to make friends. Take the welcome shot and don't ask questions!

Josko and the Split Guesthouse are amazing. They completely made our trip to Split with Josko, grandpa juice, grandma' breakfast,and the amazing people. It's by far one of my favorite hostels I have stayed in throughout Europe.

• 29th May 2015

We felt very safe and secure in the hostel throughout our entire stay. It is a couple of minutes work from the centre, and barely more than five minutes from diocletians palace. We were greeted by Josko and his wife and hey were absolutely lovely, and very accommodating. The whole place was super clean and the people we met there were fantastic. The best place I have ever stayed in terms of atmosphere.

• 27th May 2015

We had an amazing stay at Split guesthouse! Joško was a great host, super friendly and a good laugh. Great atmosphere and the breakfasts are epic! Had a welcome shot and he made dinner for us all one night! Definitely would come back and stay again! Thanks again Joško!

• 25th May 2015

Great Atmosphere, you will feel comfortable right when you walk into the place.

• 25th May 2015