Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Josko you are a dead-set legend! This is the best place to stay in Split. Felt welcome even before we arrived and had the initiation shots! Great location, atmosphere is unbelievable, everyone comes together like a traveling family! Josko was even able to sort us an extra night in an apartment so we could enjoy split for longer! If you are coming to Split then stay here! Cheers mate, we'll be back! Sam, Ed, Ed and Luke (and mr. Chow)

A million good words have been said about Josko already, he genuinely cares about his guests and makes sure they have all the information they need for a wicked stay in Split. We had two nights there around our Sail Croatia tour and he made both the best hostel experience a group of 9 kiwis lads could have. From introductions with a round of his infamous home brew shot, his knowledge of all local must do's (with customised map), his lovely grandmas breakfast, JOSKO DOES IT BEST! Chur from Manu!

Josko and his family are very friendly and helpful. Everything is easy and the atmosphere is so great! Definitely one of the best hostel I went to!!

The staff was incredible and very understanding!!

Amazing atmosphere and stay!! Would definitely return! Thanks Josko!

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at in my travels. I wouldn't really consider it a hostel though, more of a home for people from different countries to relax, socialize, and enjoy Split together. I've never come across a place with such a great atmosphere for meeting other people.

A very good experience. Josko is just an incredible guy and will make you feel right at home. Perfect environment for backpackers! Totally recommend and will surely go back one day.

From the moment i met Josko i Knew we was brothers! My new home away from home =). Everything from Grandmas breakfast, to Josko cooking himself! =P The great atmosphere and awesome travellers. Don't think about it, just book it guys..!

Excellent hostel! Great atmosphere! Josko is a legend! FREE pizza and beer! 100% recommend.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Josko and Milena were wonderful. There's a proper family feel o the hostel. We only booked one night but wanted to stay 2 so josko found us an apartment of his friend for the second night. Such amazing hosts and the breakfast is so worth the 25kn.

The Krka waterfalls trip and sunset game of thrones tour were the highlight! Josko and his family were fantastic! As a solo traveller this was the best way to meet people- family dinners and pub crawls, I will definitely be back! Thank you so much Josko (and Hannah of course!).

Absolutely loved my stay at Split Hostel and Guesthouse! Such a comfortable place to stay, feels like home :) Josko was so welcoming Really easy to get to from bus station and ferry services Very clean rooms kitchen and bathroom facilities Common area was great for meeting new people, play drinking games and eat dinner together. Super friendly atmosphere, would deffinatly recommend staying here!

• 31st Aug 2015

Amazing hostel, best place we stayed in Croatia. Josko was awesome, showed us everywhere worth seeing and even let us hang out longer than usual when I got sick. Definitely worth a stay.

Everything you hear about Josko and the guesthouse is true - it's as wonderful as everyone says it is! I am just so sad I missed family dinner and a daytrip. Staying there while in Split is a no-brainer, especially if traveling alone. Josko learns everyones name, and introduces everyone to each other. You're part of a family there. Enjoyed it being located out of Old Town, so I could get a feel for real Split, not just the touristy part. I'll be back someday. I miss grandma's pancakes already!!

I turned up to this hostel in a bad state after Yacht Week, couldn't have chosen a better place! Grandma made me breakfast straight away and Josko was an amazing host! Really friendly staff, homely environment, clean and secure, great location also. Wish I had more time to stay longer and do a tour run by the hostel! Would definitely recommend this place.

Such a great hostel! Josko was really welcoming from the moment of arrival, explaining a map of the city, tours, and sharing grandpa's moonshine! The place was clean, not too big (2 x dorms of 6 and 1 x private double), had a great breakfast courtesy of grandma. Would recommend Josko's tour of Plitvice Lakes, and wish I could have stayed longer to visit Krka too!

We had an excellent experience! Josko was wonderful and picked us up from the airport. Him and his wife are very welcoming and nice. They both give great recommendations. The facilities and location were ideal. I would definitely go back!

• 27th Aug 2015

Josko is an amazing person and this is most definitly the friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in.

Wonderful service. Flight was delayed until past midnight and I was collected from the airport by hostel owner. Cannot fault my stay. Recommended!

• 26th Aug 2015

Josko was awesome! He encourages all his guests to meet each other and become great friends. As a solo traveller this was wonderful - the first night we all sat down and had dinner together (cooked by Josko!). Throughout my stay in split I was never alone - - you really feel like you're a family living in Joskos home! A home away from home. Grandmas breakfasts were also delicious. The only downside was that it was a little walk from the town centre, but this was super easy and totally worth it!