Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Josko is an absolute legend! Had a great time there, he makes everyone feel welcome and part of the family. Not necessarily a party hostel but great place to meet people to head out with. Also recommend Joskos Plitvice Lakes tour, make sure you do the swimming if you go!

Great hostel - the owner is fab and makes this place what it is! Great value for money - he threw a fee free dinners. AMAZING breakfast. Cute turtle out the back. Shower was average though. Facilities are just so so - it is a small hostel after all. Would def recommend

We had a great time staying at Split Guesthouse. Josko is an amazing host who welcomes everyone with homemade rakija. It is also a great place to meet other travellers

Josko and Nikki were the best!!! They were so friendly, accommodating and definitely made my time in Split an unforgettable one! grandma's breakfast is a must and watch out for grandpa's rakia! The guesthouse has a very family and social feel to it which is great after backpacking solo for a while. Would definitely come back!

This is hands down the best small hostel in the world. Joška takes the meaning of a hostel to another level, because when you are there, you are family. There's nothing like waking to up Grandma's breakfast and then heading out for an excursion with someone who genuinely cares that you are having a good time. I would highly recommend this place, it really made Split a memorable experience.

Too bad we only stayed for one night. I think the guys who went on the Plitvicer Lakes trip with Josko had an amazing time because that guy seems to be hilarious. In retrospect we should have stayed longer. Well... next time!! :)

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. You will meet tons of people and Josko is a fantastic host. Make sure to do the Plitvice Lakes tour if you have the time and also make sure to have Grandma's breakfast!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this hostel!! I got in super early and Josko (hostel manager) was out and about. I got grandma's breakfast and it was DELICIOUS. Loved the atmosphere of this hostel, everyone is so friendly and it is definitely because of Josko. The people made it for me during my trip to Split. Say hi to their hostel pet - Ralph the turtle. Very clean place, internet was great, facility fantastic. It was about 20 min walk to the old town but no big deal. Close to grocery.

Great atmosphere, one big family at Split Guesthouse! Josko and his team are extremely helpful and make you feel right at home. I have stayed in hostels all around Europe and this was by far my favorite. Highly recommended!

Josko is a pretty cool guy. His wife (I'm so sorry, I can never remember her name), and Nikki were super nice, very helpful, and very welcoming. This is one of the most welcoming hostels I have ever been to, and it was nice to find a lot of single travelers here like me, and not just big groups of friends.

Josko is amazing, really makes the atmosphere in the hostel. The waterfall trip is definitely worth doing. Had such a good stay here that we ended up staying an extra night which Josko sorted out for us.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The hostel is really cozy and nice. The staff is just amazingly nice and they did welcome us the best way possible. I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Split!! Totaly recommendi it :)

Josko is a great host and he creates a friendly atmosphere in the hostel. The small size also helps with the laid back feel.

This is really the best place to stay in Split, if you want to make the most of your trip. They give you perfect tips for the best locations in town or around to visit. Finally there is one little advice to the owner: Since this place is well cared, it should reallly fix the shower tab, since it doesn't make any sense to use a pliers tool to get the water out of the shower heads!

• 18th Aug 2014

Excellent hostel expierence, truly provided more than expected from a traditional hostel. Will definetly come again.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Poland

This place felt like home! Was exactly what I need in the middle of travel.... Thank you Josko for your awesome hospitality!

I felt at home, even being kilometers away from my country (Brazil). Me and my friend were greeted with a welcome drink, and it was enough to be sure that the rest of our staying would be amazing. I definitely recommend that place.

Josko IS THEE BEST! Amazing hostel owner-you can tell he loves his guests. He has a cupboard of 'free food' with pastas, sauces, coffee. Breakfast is offered every morning for only 25 kuna - delicious, filling & cheap! Josko even made us all dinner on our last night. He offers tours to Plitvice Lakes (a must-see) with his brother as a tour guide who can show you hidden lakes, caves & maybe even swimming! Hostel is close to Old Town, restaurants, view point, and beaches. Do not stay anywhere else

Josko is the man! He made my stay there amazing! Great hostel would recommend to anyone! Great atmosphere and a great place to meet people. Josko also made everyone dinner for free one night too. Can't wait to stay there again in a few days before I leave croatia! Thanks Josko!

Highly recommend staying at this hostel, I have never felt more welcome