Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Me and three other girls came to split for a weekend with the worst weather ever and we still had an awesome time because of our hostel. Josko the manager is great and took such good care of us and he is the reason we had so much fun! He saved our trip. The whole business is very family oriented and it was a beautiful breath of fresh air. Breakfast is made my Grandma, and his daughters visited with bubbles and the warm environment made our stay at this hostel awesome.

• 2nd May 2014

Josko is a very welcoming host and helps to create a warm and fun atmosphere. I joined an activity that he proposed as well as he did to other guests, that's how 4 of my room mates and I were driven to the national park by josko. We'll all have great memories of that day ! Hostel is a bit far away from the center but josko kindly drove me to the train station

Josko and the Split Guesthouse absolutely made our experience in Split. When you check in, you really feel like you're being welcomed in to Josko's home. Such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Grandma's breakfast is definitely the best hostel breakfast I've ever had, but the best part of our stay was definitely Josko's trip to the Plitvice lakes. I could not recommend the trip or this hostel any more highly, and would return in a heartbeat.

• 1st May 2014

Great hostel! Very social and they make it easy to meet people! Grandma's breakfast was excellent!!!! Thank you so much Josko and family. I miss Split already and can't wait to come back!! You can tell Josko puts his heart and soul in to running this place and it shows. Best hostel!!!!!!

Top hostel! One of the best I've stayed in overall but definitely had the best atmosphere! Yosko is amazing

No complaints at all, Josko, the owner, promotes a really social, laid back atmosphere and does anything he can to help, top, top host! Great location, good people.

Josko is the nicest man ever and so accommodating! We loved the family atmosphere! Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in yet!!!

• 19th Apr 2014

Our stay was as good as it gets! Couldn't have asked for more of a comforting base from which to explore the city. Definitely recommend!

• 19th Apr 2014

This is even better than home! Josko is such a wonderful host! This will stay in my memory for a long time especially the lakes trip organized by the hostel. I will definitely be back!

Loved our stay in Split! Josko was AWESOME and we had a great time. A very social hostel because everyone pretty much eats together. Family dinner and grandma's breakfast. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed Split that much more because of it!

Best hostel we have ever stayed in, Josko is awesome. Do not consider any other hostel in Split!

• 14th Apr 2014

AMAZING. Josko is the greatest host, makes you feel like home the second you walk in and is more than helpful with finding things to do Split and everything you could want is in walking distance. And gramma's breakfast was worth every kuna! Definitely recommend this hostel! One of the best !

Yoško was an amazing host and he was super accommodating to his guests! The atmosphere is awesome - and if you're sociable, you'll find some lifelong friends from your experience in this hostel. I will definitely book at the guesthouse the next time I'm back in Split! Thank you again Yoško!

I don't know how to begin with what I can say about the Split Guesthouse, but I know it ends with this being the best hostel experience I could have possibly fathomed. You cannot beat the Split Guesthouse experience. Josko bends over backwards to accomadate his guests, going wellabove expectations to insure the best experience for every guest. The man is a legend. The atmosphere is that of a second family, the friends I made here I will have for life. I will absolutely return! Thanks Josko!

• 12th Apr 2014

I had an amazing time here at the split guesthouse! My friend and I planned to come to split for 3 nights and we booked a different hostel for each night, but just an hour and talking with Josko we decided to stay there the whole time and deal with the consequences from the other hostels. Josko has a day trip where we go to the lakes, lunch included, and it was definitely worth every penny! I highly suggest doing that! Josko is the coolest guy with the coolest hostel I have been to in Europe!

• 10th Apr 2014

Take one step inside the Split Guesthouse and you'll understand all the great reviews. The walls of the common area are plastered with message left by previous guests. It's a small hostel, two dorm rooms and one private room, but this is definitely part of the vibe. Josko is the best host you could imagine. He's very hands on and will go out of his way to help you. Cheap breakfasts made by grandma every morning, a tortoise named Ralph living in the courtyard. This place is unique.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever been to yet. Josko makes sure that all of his guests feel welcomed and comfortable. Immediately when I walked through the door I was greeted with a smile and a shot of Rakjia. Not only is Josko the best, but everyone that goes through the hostel is friendly and becomes immediate friends! If you are looking for a fun stay in Split, this is the place to stay. A young crowd, with great friends, food, music and atmosphere! A+

• 10th Apr 2014

This is probably the best hostel i've ever been. Josko is very friendly and helpful. I would definately choose this hostel again!

Thanks so much for all the super advice for ways to make the most of my short trip to Croatia. Josko is a good laugh and really generous- would highly recommend his trip to Plitvice lakes! great little hostel in a lovely location.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I stayed at Split Guesthouse & Hostel right at the end of my trip in Europe. It was a perfect end to the trip. Josko was really friendly and made me feel very welcome. He is very enthusiastic, helpful and just a great guy all around. The hostel itself is great. It sits right next to a nice park and a few minutes from the centre of town. I had a great stay and met some really awesome people while I was there too :) Thanks a lot!!!