Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Perfect josoko and his family really care about you having a good time the best hostel I have stayed at

• 21st Jul 2014

I couldn't fault this hostel. The host was amazing and helped me out whenever possible. It was as if you were invited into his family as his mothers breakfast was also great in the mornings. I will definitely be going back if I ever visit Split again.

• 20th Jul 2014

Thanks for being easy to work with!

Amazing! Thanks, Josko!

• 15th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've been to! Great location, easy to find ( with Josko's map) and the greatest atmosphere. We felt so welcome and at home straightaway. The night we arrived, josko cooked a yummy meal for all the guests (free of charge)Josko told us everything about Split and what to do, and answered every question we had. Best bits were definitely the Plitvice lake trip - YOU HAVE TO DO IT, Josko was the best guide, such a unique experience andddd Grandma's breakfast - the pancakes are impeccable.

• 15th Jul 2014

Awesome time at the Split Guest House, from the moment i walked in the front door i knew it was going to be a great place to stay. Josko is really nice, genuine and hilarious guy who takes the time to get to know his guests and really does everything he can to make you feel at home. The accommodation was clean, comfortable, sociable and very reasonably priced. Couldn't ask for any more from hostel, will certainly be back!

• 15th Jul 2014

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Josko is a fantastic host and makes your stay in Split so much more fun. The trip to Plitvice Lakes was definitely a highlight! As was grandma's breakfast. I would not stay anywhere else in split.

• 15th Jul 2014

Josko is the best. I have stayed there on two separate occasions and would stay there again! Such a great vibe!

Josko was one of the nicest guys I have met in my trip. I was waiting tto meet him after reading so much about him online. Excellent stay and great people. Only complaint was that the A/C didnt work properly 1 night, but Josko took care of it immediately. Highly recommended!

Best hostel ever!!! The host was the nicest host I have ever met! He was so helpful with all information we needed to know about split!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Josko is THE BEST. He will immediately make you feel at home in Split and in his guest house. I have never had such a great hostel experience in all of my travels. Also recommend taking his Plitvice Lakes Trip. He makes it very memorable!!

• 6th Jul 2014

Josko is absolutely amazing! I had the best time. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great place to meet people and enjoy Split.

Jasko and his wife were great, they cooked us all dinner and really made sure everyone was comfortable. It's a good kick off point for yacht week or just backpackers looking to travel

I only stayed at this hostel one night but as soon as you walk in you can tell it is a great travelling hostel which has a really good atmosphere and makes it really easy to meet people. The best thing about this hostel is the owner, Josko, who tells you everything you need to know and makes you feel at home straight away. Dorms are big, only downside is there i only one girls bathroom/toilet. 10 minute walk to the marina down a nice street. Would definitely recommend!

Josko's hostel is PERFECT for solo travellers, he is so welcoming and friendly as soon as you step foot in the door, and sets the atmosphere for the whole place! It's easy to make friends and feel like your part of a family again! With grandma to make your breakfast and the amazing day trip to Plitvice it would be a waste of time to stay at any other hostel. Also because it's a small scale hostel it's cosy and not overwhelming with groups or people! Best hostel ever.

The hostel is in a lovely area next to a park, but a tiny walk from the main part. The atmosphere is great! Josko is lovely and it feels like such a homely environment! He made dinner for us all and even made mine gluten free and another girl's vegetarian! clean rooms with small lockers for each person. I enjoyed my stay here - wish i could have stayed longer!

Only got to stay there for one night, but as soon as we walked througg the door we felt soooo welcomed! Josko is a fantatstic guy! Gave us all the info we needed such as where to eat, drink etc. Def a place id stay again and again! You wont be dissapointed!

• 27th Jun 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Split Guesthouse and hostel. Great atmosphere, clean and tidy, good lockers and security. The owner Josko is a champion! Warm

Excellent hostel. Great host. Awesome atmosphere would fully recommend to everybody

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Fantastic hostel - I can't think of a better one I've stayed at. Josko creates a great atmosphere in this small, homely apartment and you will quickly get to know people. Lots of fun and the Plitvice Lakes trip is also excellent, including a great tour of the lakes and some secret spots - also dinner at a quirky restaurant and amazing views at famous hilltop fort.