Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!!!! It's like being at home with 10 of your best friends. Thank you Josko.

We absolutely loved the Split guesthouse. The place itself wasn't that special but the atmosphere was something we've never experienced before in other hostels! The hostel owner Josko is the most welcoming and wonderful person you can imagine. If you're considering coming to Split, definitely choose this hostel!

It's hard to believe that Josko's is actually as amazing as everyone says, but it really is! Best hostel ever, it's so cozy and relaxed. I can't imagine Split without this guesthouse. It's impossible to tear yourself away and is a great place to relax in the middle (or beginning) of a hectic trip. Everyone stay here! And eat all of grandma's breakfast!! Also go to froggyland...

A bit crowded. Only one place to sit.Only 2 bathrooms.

Hi S,, after all you are 70 years old and this is not really place for you. You should concider hotels or b&b. Making this coment want change anything but i will make a age restriction now because of you.

Great Hostel, very chilled atmosphere, and an excellent owner - Josko really makes you feel at home.

Very good atmosphere. Almost unevitable to meet nice new people because it's a small and cosy hostel. Good bed and locker. Josko made a free meal for all of us. I would go back!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Very great atmosphere, excellent for meeting new friends, and Josko is a fantastic host! Definitely would recommend the trip he offers to Plitvice Lakes national park.

• 19th May 2014

Josko (the owner) was awesome! He helped us out at a moments notice

• 19th May 2014
  • New Zealand

My only problem was the shower, the rest was perfect.

this was our second stay in Split Guesthouse because we loved it so much! two years later and its still the best atmosphere, the people you meet are incredible and Josko is amazing and will do anything you ask for! Plenty of initiation drinks! we had a trip to the lake and was amazing, one of the best days out!!

This is my second time staying at split guesthouse and hostel and I would recommend it to everyone! Honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else in Split - one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Josko goes above and beyond and will do whatever he can to make your stay special he is genuinely lovely. Also the lakes trip he runs is amazing and is definitely worth it! Thanks for another great stay josko hopefully I'll be back soon!

The Split Guesthouse was amazing! Josco is the man and will do whatever it takes to make your trip amazing. Breakfast in the morning is delicious, and Grandpa makes a fine drink! I definitely suggest staying here and I know I'll be back!

Josko is the best. This hostel is the best. Everyone you meet is the best. If you go to Split and you DON'T stay here, you're making a mistake. Also, if you do stay at this hostel (...you're remotely social/like making friends at all/meeting cool people, you have to stay at this hostel)…definitely try going on Josko's trip to Plitvice Lakes. It's a day trip and he makes it really fun :) plus you get to try some authentic Croatian food. Overall, an AMAZING place/host/time!

Right from the first moment I met Josko he was super friendly and made me feel so included. It was the first part of my trip that I was flying solo and Josko ensured we had a "family dinner" that night - got to meet the other people staying at the hostel and after some "grandpas water" (scary - but yes no hangover it's TRUE!) - great night(s). . DId the trip to Plitvice lakes with Josko and it was super fun, amazingly beautiful! Be prepared to get wet once you're there, but keep it on the DL ;)

Best hostel I've ever been to. The owner, Josko, is amazing! He gave us the best welcome. We had only booked one night, we wanted to stay and even if the hostel was full he worked something out and we stayed 2 more nights! That's what he does! And he organizes this AMAZING trip to Plitvice national park that you must do! Great facilities, great location, and best atmosphere!! Hvala Josko!

• 10th May 2014

Pros: Joske is an brilliant and charismatic host who welcomes every guest, organises trips and even made dinner for everyone when I was there. There was a great easy-going atmosphere and everyone was talking with each other. Cons: my bed was a little uncomfortable and the single computer was super slow. Overall, stay here if you are someone who likes really social hostels.

Excellent small hostel. Josko is a great host and creates a very social and fun atmosphere. Even cooked for the guests on some nights! Good place to meet people. Trip to Plitvice Lakes national park and the Knin Fortress, runned by Josko, was amazing. Would definitely recommend.

• 8th May 2014

Excellent small hostel. Conveniently located. Josko (the owner) was incredibly helpful, and turned a good hostel into an exceptional one. The tour Josko runs to the Plitvice lakes is a must - you get to see the stunning lakes from a unique perspective. Would definitely stay in the hostel if I was in Split again.

This was BY FAR the best place I have ever stayed while traveling. The atmosphere is AMAZING!! Josko and his family go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have a great time, this is the best place to stay in Split!

An amazing hostel to stay in! Josko makes the place feel like you are right at home! Welcome shots as well as a great social atmosphere! The only hostel I will ever stay at in Split! Josko can take you on a trip to the plitvice lakes! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Stay at this hostel!!!!!