Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

An amazing hostel to stay in! Josko makes the place feel like you are right at home! Welcome shots as well as a great social atmosphere! The only hostel I will ever stay at in Split! Josko can take you on a trip to the plitvice lakes! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Stay at this hostel!!!!!

Fantastic little hostel and excellent host which is a great place to meet people and socialise. :)

Josko made us feel at home even before we arrived. He and his family are so friendly and a great advert for their country. I stayed 4 nights with my wife and 30 month old son at Joskos Guest house and I was choked with emotion when it was time to leave. All of the guests seemed to be really at ease and enjoy their stay. The trip to Plitvice Lakes National Park was a real highlight as well. I highly recommend staying at this Guest house.

• 3rd May 2014

Had the best time at this hostel with Joško and his family!!! Felt instantly at home and was really happy the entire time we were there. Joško was extremely helpful and accommodating to our questions and concerns. He also took us on the best adventure trip to Plitvice National Park despite terrible weather. Thanks Joško!

• 2nd May 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in! I cried when I left! Josko is so helpful and inclusive and has lots of funny stories and local knowledge. It's very easy to make friends here due to the fun and relaxed atmosphere. The trip to the lakes was a crazy adventure and we visited a restaurant afterwards that kept bears! There is also free towel and locker use for everyone and Grandma's breakfast for a very small cost. This hostel is more like a home than just a place to sleep and made my holiday fantastic!

Me and three other girls came to split for a weekend with the worst weather ever and we still had an awesome time because of our hostel. Josko the manager is great and took such good care of us and he is the reason we had so much fun! He saved our trip. The whole business is very family oriented and it was a beautiful breath of fresh air. Breakfast is made my Grandma, and his daughters visited with bubbles and the warm environment made our stay at this hostel awesome.

• 2nd May 2014

Josko is a very welcoming host and helps to create a warm and fun atmosphere. I joined an activity that he proposed as well as he did to other guests, that's how 4 of my room mates and I were driven to the national park by josko. We'll all have great memories of that day ! Hostel is a bit far away from the center but josko kindly drove me to the train station

Josko and the Split Guesthouse absolutely made our experience in Split. When you check in, you really feel like you're being welcomed in to Josko's home. Such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Grandma's breakfast is definitely the best hostel breakfast I've ever had, but the best part of our stay was definitely Josko's trip to the Plitvice lakes. I could not recommend the trip or this hostel any more highly, and would return in a heartbeat.

• 1st May 2014

Great hostel! Very social and they make it easy to meet people! Grandma's breakfast was excellent!!!! Thank you so much Josko and family. I miss Split already and can't wait to come back!! You can tell Josko puts his heart and soul in to running this place and it shows. Best hostel!!!!!!

Top hostel! One of the best I've stayed in overall but definitely had the best atmosphere! Yosko is amazing

No complaints at all, Josko, the owner, promotes a really social, laid back atmosphere and does anything he can to help, top, top host! Great location, good people.

Josko is the nicest man ever and so accommodating! We loved the family atmosphere! Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in yet!!!

• 19th Apr 2014

Our stay was as good as it gets! Couldn't have asked for more of a comforting base from which to explore the city. Definitely recommend!

• 19th Apr 2014

This is even better than home! Josko is such a wonderful host! This will stay in my memory for a long time especially the lakes trip organized by the hostel. I will definitely be back!

Loved our stay in Split! Josko was AWESOME and we had a great time. A very social hostel because everyone pretty much eats together. Family dinner and grandma's breakfast. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed Split that much more because of it!

Best hostel we have ever stayed in, Josko is awesome. Do not consider any other hostel in Split!

• 14th Apr 2014

AMAZING. Josko is the greatest host, makes you feel like home the second you walk in and is more than helpful with finding things to do Split and everything you could want is in walking distance. And gramma's breakfast was worth every kuna! Definitely recommend this hostel! One of the best !

Yoško was an amazing host and he was super accommodating to his guests! The atmosphere is awesome - and if you're sociable, you'll find some lifelong friends from your experience in this hostel. I will definitely book at the guesthouse the next time I'm back in Split! Thank you again Yoško!

I don't know how to begin with what I can say about the Split Guesthouse, but I know it ends with this being the best hostel experience I could have possibly fathomed. You cannot beat the Split Guesthouse experience. Josko bends over backwards to accomadate his guests, going wellabove expectations to insure the best experience for every guest. The man is a legend. The atmosphere is that of a second family, the friends I made here I will have for life. I will absolutely return! Thanks Josko!

• 12th Apr 2014

I had an amazing time here at the split guesthouse! My friend and I planned to come to split for 3 nights and we booked a different hostel for each night, but just an hour and talking with Josko we decided to stay there the whole time and deal with the consequences from the other hostels. Josko has a day trip where we go to the lakes, lunch included, and it was definitely worth every penny! I highly suggest doing that! Josko is the coolest guy with the coolest hostel I have been to in Europe!

• 10th Apr 2014