Split Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Lovretska 1, Split, Croatia

Perfect atmosphere, Josko was super helpful and great help for all of us. I highly recommend this Hostel for everyone visiting Split and Croatia ! Cheers, Matti

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Best hostel I've been to by far! The owner, Josko, treats all of his guests like a family. He takes his guests on an amazing trip to the Plitvice lakes, a castle where Game of Thrones was filmed, and one of the best restaurants in Croatia for a very affordable price. Not to mention he is very knowledgeable about Croatia and is always there to give suggestions for restaurants and places to go.

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel is great! Josko is amazing and really fosters a fun place to stay. The location is great and is close to the park and city center. Josko went out with all of us to a sushi oyster restaurant that was delicious and super fresh. Also for only 3 euro or 25 kuna you can eat Grandma's breakfast, which is the best breakfast ever!! There are only 2 bathrooms, but it works out fine enough. I would definitely stay at this hostel again!!

I loved my stay. The J-Man was so hospitibal and treated his guests like part of the family. He even gave me spare keys once I checked out so I could come back if needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone! Yes his tracksuit makes Josko look like a Mafia boss. But I assure you he is so cool and kind! Till next time.

Best. Hostel. Ever. I was greeted with a shot of Rakija, coffee and a pastry upon my arrival. Josko is simply the best host one could ask for. It is so easy to meet people at this place, it feels like a big family. Grandma's breakfast is incredible, you have to do it at least once. Get the scrambled eggs and tomatoes, it has a bit of everything on the plate, or the fritters. If you're staying in Split, you must stay here. Unless you're a wet blanket and are allergic to fun.

Josko is an excellent host. Very personable, lots of energy and a great tour guide for our trip up to Plit Vice National Park. Well worth the time, money and sour legs!

• 28th Mar 2015

Easily the best small hostel I have been to. Josko went out of his way to accommodate our early morning arrival and drove us to the bus station when we left. During our stay, he provided free alcohol and donuts and personally took us for an awesome day trip to plitvice lakes-well worth the money. Grandma's breakfast are also delicious and really cheap. Otherwise, WiFi is perfect, lockers available, kitchen and bathrooms were clean, and it had a really fun atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Loved this hostel! Joško is an amazing, laid back host with all of the answers. The beds are sooo comfortable and he has free donuts and coffee/ tea every morning, plus a welcome shot on check in. Met some amazing people. Will be going back to Split and will definitely be staying here. Actually wished I had stayed longer.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. As all the other reviews will tell you, Jasok is the man! Simply the coolest, friendliest host I've met. Free homemade liquor (his grandpa juice) is provided for all, helping to get the party started, as well as free donuts every morning. Jasok also offers trips out to the lakes national park, with him as driver and guide (seriously not to be missed). Great atmosphere, great hostel, great host. Just stay here.

Josko for president! The best hostel I've stayed in so far on my 3 month long backpacking trip. All the amenities you would expect from a well run hostel, but what really makes this one stand out is the social atmosphere. I felt like I was hanging out with my friends from high school back home in NJ. Josko also took us on an excursion to Plitvice Lakes, a real paradise of a place to see. I feel like Josko is the type of guy that could make watching paint dry on a wall a fun experience. Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »