Split hostel Fiesta Siesta Reviews

Kruziceva 5, Split, Croatia

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The location is amazing, right in the centre of town. Spotless clean and the staff (especially dino) is amazing. The best part of all though is the VEGEMITE. I even got given an extra sachet of it to put away for a rainy day. Aussies, you can NOT look past this place

This is a nice place if you like to party. But, if you'd like to get some good rest, the bar downstairs makes that quite difficult as music blasts for much of the evening. I also felt like the staff didn't really "welcome" me. It felt more like a chore that I was a guest that had arrived.

I am a mature aged woman travelling alone. I was made to feel very welcomed and was helped to the utmost with any query or direction needed. The staff were great most accommodating. A great location and I felt safe and secure. Would certainly recommend this hostel to fellow travellers.

We had a great time at Fiesta Siesta. Hostel has a great atmosphere because of the bar underneath it. Lots of chance to make friends and meet new people! Would especially like to thank Dino for keeping me entertained in the bar each evening with his exceptionally sarcastic sense of humour and general chit chat. He also sorted out a trip to KrKa National Park for me and 5 friends which took the stress out of doing it ourselves. Will 100% stay here again :) Thank you!!

Very social, fun hostel. I stayed 3 nights and had a really good time. They take the guests out for dinner and drinks every night, so it's great for meeting new people!

Excellent location for Split! Can NOT beat it!

• 14th Sep 2014

Great hostel, good location the only negative I have is no common room as such,although it says there is a common room it's charlies bar so only during the day and I didn't feel this was somewhere were you could properly relax like you can in other hostels, we had friends at snooze and booze and there communal areas were much better I think it's a really good hostel however I wouldn't necessary stay again!

Fun atmosphere and decent size room. Bathrooms were so-so, not the cleanest. All the lockers in our room except 1 were broken, so we were a little nervous, but it ended up not being an issue. Not the best place to stay if you are wanting a good night sleep, but lots of fun and fantastic location.

Bathroom was clean, as was dorm. Staff were helpful enough with organizing tours etc. Only problem was that the hostel is on top of a very loud backpackers bar, which is a pain if you want to sleep before 4am, and there was nowhere to store food or anything - I wasn't expecting a kitchen but maybe a fridge or something? Also the common area is the bar during the day, which nobody really hung out at. Still a good stay, though I'll try for snooze

Hostel was very clean and the staff very friendly. There was a mix up with my booking and they escorted me to their sister hostel. The bar down stairs was a great place to meet fellow back packers and had a long happy hour.

• 28th Aug 2014

Two words...absolutely amazing!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

This is a great hostel to meet people!

Right in the middle of the old town! the bar and the rooms were great with bathrooms on every floor. despite the efforts put into the directions, the hostel was still difficult to find. I would recommend this hostel

Not so pleased. Had four nights in split, had to move every night to a new room... Stayed at booze and snooze the first night which was fantastic! But when I moved to siesta got a room with bed bugs so didn't stay there slept at a friends but felt bad for the girls in my room that had no where to go! Then got moved to private accommodation and after that they wanted me to move back to siesta... Went back to Booze and snooze instead, it was better there! Not sure if the bed bugs were their fault.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Good value; central location

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

really hard to find first time. need to highlight that the bar is the reception

Fave hostel out of the 16 others we stayed in around Europe!

Fiesta siesta? More like fiesta fiesta fiesta! We stayed in a five bed dorm. Relatively clean, aside from a brown murky pillow that we were supposed to be able to relax our heads on. The keys work for all rooms, which is slightly concerning, since some revellers left their keys in an unlocked hallway. The bar downstairs is very lively, which is perfect if you wish to party and meet other travellers...if you expect to get to sleep before 2am, this hostel probably isn't for you!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Wales

great location, not great the fact the hostel does not have a storage room and the reception only works until 5pm. bathrooms were way too small and the shower was clogged, which made us shower AND have a swimming pool at the same time. Staff were fun, helped us with mostly everything. I'd recommend this hostel, however do not expect much from what you're paying for.

I didn't love this place. Pros: it's in a great location near the sights and not too far from the bus. Good wifi even in the rooms. Nice staff. Cons: bathrooms and shower not the greatest - could use a good cleaning. It's a real party place, noisy. Breakfast was nothing special. Next time I'd save some cash and stay out of the old town.