Spoon and the Stars Reviews

13 St Marys Terrace, Dublin Road, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Drogheda, Ireland

thanks to katharina,julia and sandra formaking my stayvery pleasant.hope you all end up gettingdecent degrees in english.wouldhave loved to stay a day or two more but perhaps I will make the journey again some time soon.Good location,nice kitchen,clean bedrooms.On one occasion I found onlycold water inthe shower but that was the only gripe in what was a very nice stay indeed.thank yougirls.Sorry I had to leave in rather a hurry......Regards Ian.

• 1st Sep 2014

Great hostel, very nice & hospitable staff. Will definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in Drogheda.

A lovely place to stay. Very comfortable and friendly. Helpful staff. Good location.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Just stayed overnight but staff was really friendly and it was really useful that you can have breakfast really early in the morning (before 7) because I had to change my plans. A lot of choice for breakfast too (different types of cereal and jam).

rooms without keys

We have keys for our private rooms and codes for the dorm rooms. We are sorry about your insecurity and thank you for your feedback.

We got off the bus and were facing the hostel, literally, so the location is great. The staff was very friendly and eager to help with whatever we needed. They're connected to the bike rent, so when we accidentally left our camera there we got it back within 3 minutes. The whole place was clean and tidy, the atmosphere was great - cozy, charming, very homely. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

Their staff was really nice and they had nice places to relax, as well as a great free breakfast and full kitchen. They are near the bus stop and the historic part of Drogheda. The hostel is also a 15 minute car ride from Newgrange, Knowth, and Douth.

Lovely friendly hostel!

Totally awesome atmosphere; fun and eccentric. Managers are kind and helpful. Charming building. Would stay here again.

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the atmosphere. Hope to see you again soon.

Really easy walk from train station and bus station. Staff was super informational and very helpful. A few chill outside seating/hangout areas. Big kitchen. Healthy breakfast provided. Laid back. Loved our stay!

This place! Wonderful! Brother and sister who started the place did such a great job. Pros: Cute decorations, comfortable with many nooks and chilling spots. Full kitchen, patio, good vibes. Very affordable. Cons: Main dorm room also functions as reception, but there are other rooms available.

Great hostel, amazing atmosphere, super-friendly and attentive staff (even asked if we needed an umbrella when we went outside), like 7 different kinds of marmalade for breakfast. In short: it was easy to feel a little bit at home there. Thanks a million :)

• 3rd May 2014

Great place, great hosts, excellent kitchen facilities, even a hammock outside, and clotheslines. Drogheda is history personified. And far enough away from the madness of tourist-centered Dublin, yet close enough for a day trip. I will definitely stay with Rory and Hannah again.

One of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in. It is kind of expensive but the atmosphere and the staff are outstanding!

Very good hostel, the facilities are very good, in fact the atmosphere in there is amazing. And the staff are very good, very polite and helpful. Value for money!