Squareone Reviews

241/34 Rat-u-thit Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

This hostel is actually a hotel. There is only one dorm room. The mixed dorm room we were given was right next to the pool with a sliding door with no lock and no lockers. Not good for security. The top bunk beds were the hardest mattresses I've ever experienced. The staff was not helpful about tours and transportation tickets. However, the place was beautiful, had a great pool, speedy wifi, and a wonderful location (about a 5 min walk to the beach.)

Absolutely loved staying here. They have a small little pool and are about 7 min walk to the beach. Staff here was great with helping me get travel arrangements figured out as well as helping me order a pizza. The beds were a little hard but it wasn't a big deal.

This is the second time I've stayed at SquareOne, and once again, I was impressed. The things they provide for the price you pay is ridiculous. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 7th Jan 2015

I never leave bad reviews but the service here was bad. On my second night the water pipe broke and it wasn't fixed for the rest of my stay. The wifi connection was awful, it would connect out of the blue hours later. And finally, I almost miss a flight because one staff member didn't call a taxi for me after having repeated it a few times. He only understood that I would get my luggage at 5:30.I think it's important to speak English well if you're gonna work in the hotel industry for tourists.

Nice hotel. Good value for money.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Simple and nice, very clean. The dorm dies not have a lock, and it is right next to the entrance, so security is not great. Wifi is ok, pool is nice. People have drinks outside the dorm every night (its next to the pool/common room), but i never found it to be a problem. Air conditioning is fantastic, plenty of power points too. Really cheap, ill be coming back.

• 26th Nov 2014

Not really a hostel, more a hotel to a hostel price. Close to beach and city, nice staff and a really nice pool!

This is more of a fancy hotel than hostel but we loved our private room. The beds were clean and comfy. The towels and shower great. TV was rubbish. Air con cooled the room lovely. The pool was ridiculously small but was nice for a little dip. I think we were the only guests there as it was still off season so there was no atmosphere. But it was a nice place to stay, close(ish) to the beach and near to some shops and restaurants. Hard Rock Cafe is a 5 min walk if you want an overpiced meal.

We used the hotel just for a quick stop off, it was walking distance to the strip. rooms were clean, the pool isnt very big, but did the trick. would stay here again

there is only me and another guest, who has been there for almost a month and i'm the second one he meets. however, the room is quite clean, toilet smells a little bit but it's acceptable. cleaner comes and clean everyday, so it's good. the pool is really really small. not far from the busy street, 15min walk. 10 min walk to the beach.