St Andrews Tourist Hostel

Fabulous 1411 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1411 Total Reviews

4th Feb 2017

Basically, the staff is really helpful and friendly, and they make you feel like you're staying at a friend's house not a hostel. The atmosphere at the hostel is more like a family gathering than strangers traveling, and I loved every moment I spent there the couple of days I stayed. The people there are very friendly and kind, and they make the hostel an even greater place to stay at. The hostel has great facilities, the best location, good cleanliness and it has a big kitchen & a common room.

• England, Female, 41+
20th Jan 2017

The city of St. Andrews is magic and the hostel is part of the thrill. Staff let me do my own thing. Kitchen excellent to cook in. Maybe some money can be put in to repair bits. Also the beds are the spring type which I often bump my head on when I sit up because it is so low. Small inconveniences for the pleasure of staying in an affordable place.

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
7.7

Excellent value for money, generally very clean, nice hot shower, friendly staff. I have stayed here 3 times now and each time the WIFI has not worked 70% of the time and even when it does it is an incredibly weak and intermittent signal, WIFI should not be advertised as a facility on offer! A staff member even admitted it has been a problem for years but the management won't pay for the necessary upgrade.

• Scotland, Female, 41+
24th Dec 2016

good enough for the price, location, etc

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Nov 2016

The man at the office was fantastic. The atmosphere is great, everyone smiles at each other and are happy to chat to you but also understand that people need time to themselves. For such a cheap price, this hostel is cheap and very cheerful. I would definitely stay there again but I don't think I would put my parents up in a hostel as some students regret doing so. Be sure to remember that there are no safes to keep your valuables. But I did leave my laptop and phone unattended with no worries.

• briannasommer1
  • USA, Female, 25-30
12th Nov 2016

So glad this hostel exists! It's in a fantastic location and the staff were very helpful. Had a great time and if I'm ever in St. Andrews again, I will definitely come back to this hostel.

7th Nov 2016

Really good! Pros: - Center of town. Town is small too, so you can get everywhere by walking. - Relaxed feel. Cosy and comfortable, easy to talk to others. - Facilities. Lots of bathrooms and showers. Open kitchen. - Could control heat in rooms. - Price. Cons: - No personal lockers. You can lock the room itself, though. - Not super clear where to park. We parked on recommended street (Hope St., maybe?) overnight and got a ticket.

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
5th Nov 2016

We were only there briefly over night, but the place seemed basic, but plenty clean and decent. Staff were friendly and helpful and you couldn't fault the location, minutes away from the bus station, right in the centre of town. Might have been worried about noise as we were opposite the student union on a Saturday night, but everything closes so early in St Andrews that it didn't really bother us.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Oct 2016

Great place if you are looking to stay in St Andrews for the night as this is the only hostel in town. Had no issues with the place as you ultimately get what you pay for. The staff were extremely nice where I was felt welcomed right away. I would stay here again if I ever returned.

26th Oct 2016
6.0

I stayed two nights. Room 5 was OK. Room 4 smelt damp and not nice. It was essentially an attic room. It was cold all night long as the heating didn't work, despite being the end of October. The hot water in the morning was not hot but luke warm. It seems this is the only hostel in St Andrews - what choice do you have?