St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

The staff is really helpful. On my first night even though I arrived quite late the guy at the reception agreed to put me in a different room because I did not like my roommate, even if this was a bit of a bother for him. He was also very nice and friendly. One morning there was no hot water in the shower but only in the bathroom upstairs, I went in the shower downstairs and it was fine.

Pretty awesome hostel for the price. The staff is awesome and it's very clean! I've made a lot of friends there and I recommend this hostel for either long stay or short stay! :)

• 26th Oct 2014

Thanks for your review. We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy for everyone. Hope to see you back again someday.

Over all, a bit rundown and not always as clean as I'd like, but the options in St Andrews are few, and as they say on their sign it is the cheapest accommodation in town, and that is everything you should expect. The wifi was good at least.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not find the cleaning to your standards but I can assure you the hostel is cleaned thoroughly everyday and checked by management. As you've mentioned we are by far the cheapest and coolest hostel in town. Hope to see you again one day.

We had a fantastic stay in St Andrews. Yvo was very helpful and approachable. The atmosphere in the hostel was great so we ended up staying in instead of going out. Would definitely return.

That's great to hear that you enjoyed St Andrews and ofcourse the hostel. We hope to see you stay with us again someday.

There are no lockers in the rooms and the hot water tends to run out if a lot of people are showering at the same time... Otherwise a very nice hostel with a huge kitchen and common room, right at the heart of St Andrews and at a very affordable price!

The hot water runs on a timer morning and afternoon. If you find the water has gone cold please speak to reception. Unfortunately we do not have lockers. It is best to keep your valuables with you or we are more than happy to keep any valuables at reception.

lockers in the rooms would be great, but apart of this it was amazing!

Gem of a hostel. Very tidy and great, friendly and helpful staff.

We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy; and also help guests in any way we can.

We arrived very late because the A1 was closed, but the staff stayed up to let us in - a huge thank you. Excellent wifi, comfortable bed and well equipped kitchen. Right in the centre of St Andrews.

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. Our reception does close at 10pm but if really necessary we will wait up for people who arrive after this hour.

This is my second stay here, was there for a week in 2012 as well. Still a great hostel with nice beds and great showers. Manager Ivo and his assistant Victor were very friendly and always helpful. Very nice stay. Will be back in July 2015. Thanks!

Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide great customer service and assist guests the best way we can. See you next time.

Good hostel, exepted for the hot water which is very limited

• 27th Sep 2014

The hot water works on a timer so therefore the amount per day is limited. If hot water is requested for a shower then it can be arranged.

Awesome Staff. Extremely nice and helpful!!

• 25th Sep 2014

We do our best to help guests in any way we can.

Great value for money, clean and great location. Room was not great - 7 people sleeping there, lots of noises, lights, chatting at night. No lockers to put your staff, rather unsafe.

• 22nd Sep 2014

I only stayed at the St Andrews Tourist Hostel for one night, but it was very comfortable, safe, and convenient. I stayed in a mixed dorm and, being in a university town, sort of expected things to be a bit loud at night with people coming back from drinking, but everyone was respectful and quiet. I was really impressed! Everything was clean. Staff and other guests were friendly.

Thanks for your comments. We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy; and also do what we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

very nice〜clean,chip!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • China

We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy.

Really friendly staff, very good value. It's a little old and the bed were reminiscent of movie orphanages. Otherwise, it was better than expected.

Thank you for your kind!!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Japan

just great am planning on going back last part of October

• 7th Sep 2014

That's great to hear. We look forward to welcoming you back another stay.

Likes. Not far from the golf course, helpful staff, relaxed environment God place to stay

The facilities were good and had a lovely time meeting the other guests in the common room. The only thing is that we arrived at 3pm to the hostel only to find out that you can't get in until 5pm which left us and a few other guests we met out in the rain. Then at 5pm we were left outside for another 20 min cuz the desk lady forgot to turn on the buzzer. Oops

Yes we do close reception between 2 and 5pm and the buzzer does go off. Sorry about that.

It's a great hostel with a cheap price and a very good atmosphere. It could be better, if there were lockers.