St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

I really enjoyed my time in St. Andrews and the hostel was a part of it! Although I stayed in a mixed shared room I felt very comfortable. The ambient was calm and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful! The hostel was very crowded at the time I was staying but I never felt overcrowded, I felt like it was a really big family! The other guests were very respectful. I will definitely consider the St Andrews Tourist Hostel for future staying in St. Andrews!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Could do with a secure place to put bikes

• 21st Apr 2015

There was a lot of noise, shouting and swearing at guests who brought people back to the hostel. This went on for about 15minutes at 3am. It was pretty intimidating. I thought that staff should have called the police as they were not able to make people leave by themselves.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Apologies for the weekend that you were here. I'm sorry that you had to hear all that noise and shouting. It was a busy weekend for us and we were dealing with some guests that were a bit out of line. Unfortunately we sometimes do have to deal with guests like that. Things were sorted in the end.

Enjoyed our stay and found staff very helpful and friendly. Other users also friendly and considerate.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for leaving us a nice review. We do our best to be as accommodating and helpful as possible. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again at our hostel.

include breakfast into price

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

Hot showers, helpful staff, decent towels ;), spacious room, free wifi.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to be helpful and as accommodating as possible. Some of our dorms are quite spacious with high ceilings and big windows. Our free wifi is accessible throughout the hostel making it convenient to connect to the web wherever you may be in the building.

Cracking hostel, right in the middle of St Andrews. Welcoming staff, great facilities, good atmosphere - would highly recommend!

Thanks for the great review. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to see you back here again. Our central location makes it very ideal to explore all the sites of St. Andrews. There are many shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance from the hostel.

It was mid-week so very quiet atmosphere. Excellent location right in the heart of St Andrews.

We are located in the centre of St Andrews close to many shops and restaurants. An ideal location to explore the town and the sites. Weekdays are usually more quiet here whereas weekends can get busier and more lively.

Great hostel! It was easy to check in, and I felt comfortable leaving valuables there while I toured the town. Great staff too.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks. That's great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We do what we can to make everyone's stay a good one. Any valuables can just be left in the room without a problem or on request we will keep them at reception. We hope to see you back here again.

St Andrews Tourist Hostel is well-equipped and in a great location, however I couldn't tell whether anything other than the kitchen had been painted or updated since my last visit in 2006 - the bathrooms were poorly ventilated and the lighting seemed unreliable, the whole place seems to be getting a bit shabby. Room 4 was nice and quiet, facing away from the street and made a good base for exploring St Andrews.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for your review. Our hostel is in the centre of St Andrews ideally located near many shops and close to several attractions. Some parts of the hostel have been repainted. We will been painting more this year. Room 4 is one of the more quiet rooms upstairs. We hope to see you back at our hostel in the future.

Only hostel in St Andrews it looks like. Could use some updating, and atmosphere completely depends on who stays there, since despite it being a student town when i was there other beds were booked by family and some people in the 50+ age group. Kitchen is locked before 10, which was annoying if you have your own food in the fridge and you want a snack because you can't get to it! No safe place to keep your stuff. Overall i was comfortable, and for it being the only option, it's a decent one.

We are the only hostel in St Andrews and as our sign says "Cheapest Accommodation in Town". We have guests of all age groups staying with us. The atmosphere does depend on who is staying here. We do get many students and young travelers. Our kitchen does close around 10PM for safety reasons. We do not provide lockers but on request any valuables can be kept at reception.

A good place to stay in St Andrews. Unfortunately, there are no lockers for luggage. Besides that, it was very good.

We are very well located in the centre of St. Andrews and are the cheapest accommodation in town. If needed any valuables can be stored at reception for safe keeping.

Location is awesome and so were the folks who worked there. The cleanliness was a constant focus but building needs some work from the owner I.e. Heat does not work and shower caulking needs to be replaced. The employees were super diligent about cleaning and very responsive to our requests. The kitchen was nice and very clean. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend for folks who like hostel stays.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. We are ideally located in the centre of town close to many shops. We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy. This is important for us. The kitchen is kept tidy throughout the day and gets a good clean up in the evening. The heating in the hostel is on a timer so it is not on all the time. If it gets cold during the night extra duvets can be provided on request.

Great staff, some dubious reviews about this place online, but unfounded in my experience.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for reviewing us. We really appreciate your feedback. Our staff do their best to make everyone's stay with us as accommodating as possible.

It's the only hostel in St andrews but it's a good one and its not expensive. I'd definitely stay there again.

We are the only hostel around here and as our sign stays the cheapest accommodation in town. We are also very centrally located. Come stay with us again.

Great place!!! Mainly the staff! I had some travel problems to get from my home country to Scotland and I had to arrive late at the hostel, but the guys made everything to help me! Definitely I'll recommend.

For one night I could deal with it. Knowing now what the it is like, I would probably splurge on a hotel next time.

Great that you gave it a try to stay in a hostel. It's not for everyone. I hope that you will give it another go. Hostels are not all the same. They are great places to meet and chat with people from all over the world.

Cosy hostel with a character

Thank you for your review. Our hostel is inside an old building with high ceilings and big windows located ideally in centre of town. It does have character.

Everything was great! Perfect Value for Money!

• 14th Feb 2015

Thanks for the review. We appreciate it. If you are on budget then we have all you need at a very fair price in the centre of town. Please come visit us again someday.

The staff was not very accommodating. The manager would not leave us alone. He was almost watching over us while we were cooking our meal. It made me like we were not wanted at the hostel.

• 13th Feb 2015

All our staff are very accommodating. We like to socialize with our guests and we are sorry that you felt that this was watching over you and your friends when really this was just us being friendly.