St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

Fantastic! The staff are wonderfully helpful and friendly - I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 16th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in the center of St. Andrews and the cost per night is unbeatable. The room was good, while the bathroom would need some maintenance.

Our stay was fine, we were at a wedding at the old course hotel so the location was ideal. Staff were friendly and approachable. Our only small criticism was that we were in a room with long stay residents so felt we might be disturbing them if we came back late. Overall, great value for money, served the purpose of a one night, convenient stay.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent price for great simple accommodation: comfortable single beds in a dorm and a warm shower (but get there before the hot water runs out!). Staff were incredibly friendly; I had left my charger behind and they kindly posted it back to me. Will be staying there again next time I'm in St. Andrews.

• 14th Jun 2014

We loved our stay here. The rooms were spacious, bright and clean. The kitchen was fully stocked and its nice having the all day tea and coffee available. There was a nice atmosphere around the common rooms and a really comfortable place to stay that we wished we could have stayed longer. Would be good to have a bit more signage on the street to find it, but the staff were so helpful that it really didn't matter in the end.

The staff is very friendly, the hostel is very nice and clean. :) The only problem I had is the bathing switch. I don't quite understand why there are some people using that kind of double rotation switch. It is very difficult to rotate it to the very end to get the water out when the hands are wet. I would strongly recommend the staff to change it if it is possible.

Good, basic accommodation.

• 4th Jun 2014

Atmosphere, stuff, location, attitude, cleanness were all fantastic. I really enjoyed staying with you. In a long run, you might think about changing the beds since the current ones are very squicky and there is very little space at the bottom bed so I kept banging my head.

Great location and excellent value for St. Andrews. Not the cleanest though and a little worn down

Nice and clean hostel, I like the living room the most

Nice friendly hostel. Super location. Comfortable beds. We were on a cycle tour and it would have been good to have some indoor storage for our bikes.

• 30th May 2014

Ryan is the man. The facilities are okay but incredible location and it is a great place. Would return.

Great little hostel run by a cool guy named Sergio. The beds were cots instead of the traditional bunk-beds (at least in our room), and this actually resulted in a great night's sleep for our group. Great bathroom facilities; it's only a single bathroom for each floor, but given that there weren't many people there at the time it wasn't a problem at all. Not sure how many hostels there are in St. Andrews, but we would definitely recommend this one to any of our friends passing through.

The location is really good but there were no lockers and the man at reception ignored me on arrival as he was with another customer, a little awkward as there was nowhere to sit so I was just hovering....

Overall, my first experience in a hostel was a good one. The rooms were clean and the beds/bedding were good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location was great. For the money, this was a great place to stay. My only two suggestions would be to better communicate the options for free parking (I had to ask the local police for the rules on parking overnight on the street), and to communicate to the patrons that hot water for showers is not available during the middle of the day.

• 15th May 2014

Is a good place to stay if you want to visit Saint Andrews and do not want to spend much time in a hotel. The room is clean and the staff is nice.

It is a very basic hostel but there is a good atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful. I also slept very well - everyone was nice and quiet! It was a shame that some of the plumbing facilities were not working, as I do a lot of plumbing and, given the time and the tools, I'd have been pleased to help fix them. I think this sort of "hostel ethos" where everyone does what they can to help, is important.

• 5th May 2014

Good hostel, good location. Our shower was stone cold which was terrible! Apart from that good staff. No lockers though.

We arrived after midnight but the manager helped us very gently and even reopened the kitchen so we could have a drink. Good value for money. I'll be back!! Dirk Gabriels - Belgium

• 30th Apr 2014