St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

Good stay here - beds comfortable, hostel reasonably clean and staff very welcoming and pleasant.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel is quite worn, but aged in grace, The staff is very welcoming and super helpful. During my stay there where quite a large number of long term residents ( students from St.Andrews) which gave me a feeling of coming to a family, not a hostel. So , if you are looking for a boarding house atmosphere instead of a posh urban design place this is where you go!

Great place to stay in inverness. Safe and clean and friendly. No problems with this place. Would definite stay again. Don't think twice about booking here.

• 14th Jul 2014

Had a lovely stay, the place has a great atmosphere.

• 13th Jul 2014

The staff are very welcoming and the other hostel residents were mainly very friendly Great place to stay beats the vastly overpriced accommodation elsewhere in town.

Very friendly staff. Could improve security by ensuring outside door clicks into 'locked' whenever someone leaves. The mouldy ceiling in room 1 was rather off putting.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This was my first experience with a Hostel and this place was great. Made for a great value

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff at the reception was lovely. However, the one living in our room was not ideal. Half of our 8 people dorm was occupied by a staff as his private space and he never closed the window therefore it was quite frozen. Couldn't say the shower was great either. Anyway the price was pretty low. Don't expect too much.

Difficult to find, if you do not take the road in the good way ... perhaps a pancart on the front wall and another one on the door : very usefull !

• 22nd Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel Central to everything. Staff helpful and knowledgable about the local area. We will be back.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Scotland

I was very taken by the fact that the kitchen was very well equipped, e.g. many good facilities.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Had a great stay and would recommend this hostel! Lovely relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff and tenants! Great value and situation, would definitely go back again.

• 20th Jun 2014

A wonderful little hostel, staff accommodating and very friendly..

Fantastic! The staff are wonderfully helpful and friendly - I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 16th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in the center of St. Andrews and the cost per night is unbeatable. The room was good, while the bathroom would need some maintenance.

Our stay was fine, we were at a wedding at the old course hotel so the location was ideal. Staff were friendly and approachable. Our only small criticism was that we were in a room with long stay residents so felt we might be disturbing them if we came back late. Overall, great value for money, served the purpose of a one night, convenient stay.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent price for great simple accommodation: comfortable single beds in a dorm and a warm shower (but get there before the hot water runs out!). Staff were incredibly friendly; I had left my charger behind and they kindly posted it back to me. Will be staying there again next time I'm in St. Andrews.

• 14th Jun 2014

We loved our stay here. The rooms were spacious, bright and clean. The kitchen was fully stocked and its nice having the all day tea and coffee available. There was a nice atmosphere around the common rooms and a really comfortable place to stay that we wished we could have stayed longer. Would be good to have a bit more signage on the street to find it, but the staff were so helpful that it really didn't matter in the end.

The staff is very friendly, the hostel is very nice and clean. :) The only problem I had is the bathing switch. I don't quite understand why there are some people using that kind of double rotation switch. It is very difficult to rotate it to the very end to get the water out when the hands are wet. I would strongly recommend the staff to change it if it is possible.

Good, basic accommodation.