St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

The hostel was an excellent place to stay. The location is second to none, the staff are friendly and accommodating and the rooms were kept clean and tidy. I will certainly be coming back to stay should I be brought back to St Andrews in the near future.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Our hostel is cleaned thoroughly everyday and a standard of tidiness is kept at all times. We hope to see you back again at our hostel someday.

For me it was in a prime location. Two minute walk from the bus station. With plenty to see and do all walking distance. The hostel is a bargin. And perfect for all a backpackers needs. The only one thing if i had to criticize was no lockers To store ur valuables when out adventuring. So u have to trust the guys you share a dorm with.as the dorm room is only accessible by key... Didnt faze me tho. Will be going back to the hostel again and again. Highly recomend.

• 28th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review. We do not provide lockers but if needed we can store any valuables that you may have at reception.

I had a good time at the St Andrews Hostel. The best feature of the hostel was definitely the large living room / common area with the sofas, large table and tv. The staff was very friendly and we laughed a lot. I didn't used the kitchen a lot, but it seemed very well supplied. The bed was comfortable, but the upstairs dorm was a bit cramped. The bathroom and showers could use a make over and more space for clothes to dry or a dryer is needed. Overall, it was a good value for my money.

Decent enough hostel, but the people staying there at the time seemed dis-interested in meeting new people, they just had their heads in their laptops/iphones, but i guess this could be the norm for backpackers these days!

Great location. It has kitchen facilities and adequate showers and toilets. Very dilapidated décor - peeling paint and mould in showers and toilet. Faded bobbly sheets and pillowcases. My hostel room smelled strongly of dampness. Not many plug sockets in the room for the five occupants. Dorms all mixed - I shared with three men, would've preferred if there had been a female only dorm option.

Very good location near shops and bus station, kitchen and bathroom very clean. Room smelled a bit musty and could do with lockers or a storage room for luggage somwhere in the hostel.

Unfortunately we do not provide lockers. It is best to keep your valuables with you or we can keep them the at reception. The hostel is cleaned thoroughly everyday and is checked by management.

The staff is really helpful. On my first night even though I arrived quite late the guy at the reception agreed to put me in a different room because I did not like my roommate, even if this was a bit of a bother for him. He was also very nice and friendly. One morning there was no hot water in the shower but only in the bathroom upstairs, I went in the shower downstairs and it was fine.

Pretty awesome hostel for the price. The staff is awesome and it's very clean! I've made a lot of friends there and I recommend this hostel for either long stay or short stay! :)

• 26th Oct 2014

Thanks for your review. We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy for everyone. Hope to see you back again someday.

Over all, a bit rundown and not always as clean as I'd like, but the options in St Andrews are few, and as they say on their sign it is the cheapest accommodation in town, and that is everything you should expect. The wifi was good at least.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not find the cleaning to your standards but I can assure you the hostel is cleaned thoroughly everyday and checked by management. As you've mentioned we are by far the cheapest and coolest hostel in town. Hope to see you again one day.

We had a fantastic stay in St Andrews. Yvo was very helpful and approachable. The atmosphere in the hostel was great so we ended up staying in instead of going out. Would definitely return.

That's great to hear that you enjoyed St Andrews and ofcourse the hostel. We hope to see you stay with us again someday.

There are no lockers in the rooms and the hot water tends to run out if a lot of people are showering at the same time... Otherwise a very nice hostel with a huge kitchen and common room, right at the heart of St Andrews and at a very affordable price!

The hot water runs on a timer morning and afternoon. If you find the water has gone cold please speak to reception. Unfortunately we do not have lockers. It is best to keep your valuables with you or we are more than happy to keep any valuables at reception.

lockers in the rooms would be great, but apart of this it was amazing!

Gem of a hostel. Very tidy and great, friendly and helpful staff.

We do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy; and also help guests in any way we can.

We arrived very late because the A1 was closed, but the staff stayed up to let us in - a huge thank you. Excellent wifi, comfortable bed and well equipped kitchen. Right in the centre of St Andrews.

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. Our reception does close at 10pm but if really necessary we will wait up for people who arrive after this hour.

This is my second stay here, was there for a week in 2012 as well. Still a great hostel with nice beds and great showers. Manager Ivo and his assistant Victor were very friendly and always helpful. Very nice stay. Will be back in July 2015. Thanks!

Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide great customer service and assist guests the best way we can. See you next time.

1 2 Next » last »