St Andrews Tourist Hostel Reviews

Inchape House, St Marys Place, St Andrews, Scotland

Nice and clean hostel, I like the living room the most

Nice friendly hostel. Super location. Comfortable beds. We were on a cycle tour and it would have been good to have some indoor storage for our bikes.

• 30th May 2014

Ryan is the man. The facilities are okay but incredible location and it is a great place. Would return.

Great little hostel run by a cool guy named Sergio. The beds were cots instead of the traditional bunk-beds (at least in our room), and this actually resulted in a great night's sleep for our group. Great bathroom facilities; it's only a single bathroom for each floor, but given that there weren't many people there at the time it wasn't a problem at all. Not sure how many hostels there are in St. Andrews, but we would definitely recommend this one to any of our friends passing through.

The location is really good but there were no lockers and the man at reception ignored me on arrival as he was with another customer, a little awkward as there was nowhere to sit so I was just hovering....

Overall, my first experience in a hostel was a good one. The rooms were clean and the beds/bedding were good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location was great. For the money, this was a great place to stay. My only two suggestions would be to better communicate the options for free parking (I had to ask the local police for the rules on parking overnight on the street), and to communicate to the patrons that hot water for showers is not available during the middle of the day.

• 15th May 2014

Is a good place to stay if you want to visit Saint Andrews and do not want to spend much time in a hotel. The room is clean and the staff is nice.

It is a very basic hostel but there is a good atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful. I also slept very well - everyone was nice and quiet! It was a shame that some of the plumbing facilities were not working, as I do a lot of plumbing and, given the time and the tools, I'd have been pleased to help fix them. I think this sort of "hostel ethos" where everyone does what they can to help, is important.

• 5th May 2014

Good hostel, good location. Our shower was stone cold which was terrible! Apart from that good staff. No lockers though.

We arrived after midnight but the manager helped us very gently and even reopened the kitchen so we could have a drink. Good value for money. I'll be back!! Dirk Gabriels - Belgium

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 41+

Staff was very nice!

Adequate accommodation - but the place is in need of refurb.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Staff and hostel were nice, although could be improved by adding lockers to the rooms. Well equipped kitchen and welcoming common area. Super location :)

• 15th Apr 2014

The hostel staff were some of the nicest I've ever met at any hostel, so I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting St Andrews.

• 11th Apr 2014

The hostel suited our needs, but it was difficult to find as it was down an alleyway, the showers constantly ran out of hot water, and our roommates left a huge mess in the room- we couldn't figure out which beds were not taken as most of them had stuff on them and were not assigned by the hostel. The staff were quite friendly and willing to help, which made our stay much better.

great atmosphere

• 10th Apr 2014

Nice hostel in the center of town. staff was helpful. basic hostel, all you really need.

A very nice place.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • China

nice hostel with spacious rooms. 3 showers. nice living room. super kitchen. friendly staff.

1 2 3 Next » last »