St. Athans Reviews

20 Tavistock Place, Russell Square, London, England

great little cafe downstairs, and a european feel to the quiet and well managed hotel. Wonderful family run place and all our needs were met, Thank you!

Good hostel near many food restaurants and tube station. The room was cleaned and bed made every day. A breakfast for that value would be nice, though.

Very pleasant experience in a single room. Very short walk from St. Pancras/King's Cross.

The location is very good. The facility is limited. Only 1 electrical socket is available for charging. The wifi is needed to login everytime and it is not convenient. No electric pot for boiling water. No hot water available though all these can supported on request. The no. of toilet is limited.

WiFi was poor; throttled at 1 Mg and very poor reception. I work remote, so I will not be staying here again l. Also, staff didn't provide any recommendations on local pubs or restaurants.

For a short stay where I just needed a place to sleep, it was fine and good value considering the location. Staff was friendly enough, but rather businesslike. Cleanliness was ok, room was small but functional, and I actually like the somewhat old-fashioned feel of the house. Biggest problem for me was having to ring and wait for someone to personally open the door any time you wanted to get in, made me feel awkward and unwelcome. Would consider returning if not for that.

The best Hostel in Town for me and my friend. We will check in again.

• 14th Mar 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. The bathrooms are on corridors separated from the rooms, but there are many of them, and they're very clean. The only negative point I could mention: the walls between rooms seem to be thin, and one can hear noise from the neighbouring rooms or the corridor. Overall, good value for money.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay, very nice staff and decent shared shower rooms. The location is very central and benefits from a lively street with plenty of eateries and pubs just around the corner.

• 20th Feb 2014