St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

Staff were extremely helpful and great! Every day I would see the dorm being cleaned, which shows they are very much on top of it. Only thing is, there's no wifi in the rooms (wifi connects in the common room area/hallways). Another dorm mate did tell me that she didn't bother washing her clothes because there was only one machine for the entire building. Other than that, it's great! Thank you!

• 27th Jul 2015

The hostel and everything about were ok until i was charged extra 100 EUR from my credit card after i came back home. Now i've already spent two days contacting service team but still communication is poor - no one is solving my issue Very bad management!

If you're looking to party in Barcelona and have a fun time, this is the place to go. Great set up with a cool bar and good prices for drinks. Has pool and ping pong, good wifi and a good atmosphere.

The information that I was hoping to get from the reception/help desk was not sufficient for me.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Nepal

Amazing hostel generally. So much better than St Christopher Berlin. But to use the lockers in the first floor you have to giving up your key deposit.... I think that's not fair.

Best hostel in Barcelona.

I would recommend this hostel. Good communal area. Showers aren't great. However, we had an incident with a staff member in our room and it did ruin our last night in the hostel. The hostel was the best we had stayed in so far, but it was just that one staff member that affected everything.

Clean and secure hostel, only issue I had was there was nothing told or given to me about any social activities even though they were happening.

We spent 5 nights here and it was great. The location is second to none, everything in the city is walkable and public transport is close and convenient. They provide free towels, have nice cold air conditioned bedrooms, clean facilities, amazing hostel bar with great food and social atmosphere. Only downside is that they stuffed up our booking and made us move rooms a few times which was highly inconvenient but apart from this I would suggest this hostel to anyone who comes to Barcelona.

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm. The wire drawers on castors for storage under the bottom bunk are noisy. The ladders to the top bunk difficult to manoeuvre. The showers had timers and the water pressure was low. Good location to the airport bus and also tourist buses.

I like the place!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Great place if you're looking to meet a few people and head out into Barcelona. A bit of a hike to good food places, but the Metro is right down the street. Only problem is they shut down a lot of the hang out areas at 12, and they have security who can be pretty uptight (don't let people wait outside before the club). Overall a great hostel

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Europe! The cafe food is amazing compliments to san the chef! There is however only one washing machine but can't fault the rest of the place it's a great vibe and friendly atmosphere. Stayed at this hostel earlier in my trip and returned again

• 14th Jul 2015

Good hostel! Perfect location to La Rambla St & the metro. Free breakfast is substantial. Rooms spacious and clean. Bathrooms good - always someone cleaning them. Only downside was there was only one washing and dryer machine for everyone! We were unable to do ours due to the amount of people waiting. Also the day we checked out all the lockers were full in the storage, so maybe need more lockers to accommodate the high numbers of people coming & going. Bar area seemed good! Staff seemed helpful

There is really no other hostel in Barcelona I know with a better location than this. St Christopher's hostels around Europe never dissapoint me

I informed staff upon checkout but there was the worst smell in my room the whole time was there, made it more difficult to get ride of or lessen as the windows were locked all the time.

I loved this hostel with one exception. We went to Barcelona in the summer and this hostel has NO air conditioning. They do have fans in the room but no one would plug it in since the only plugs were located beneath other people's beds. Our group, among others woke up in a sweat and felt very ill.

Great location, very central. Staff gave average customer service or minimum. I have stayed at another St Christophers and found this property to be disappointing in comparison. Activities are available but as a solo traveller, I think this hostel is more suited to groups. Note, no air conditioning in hallways, lift ect was unbearable. Good security at night times. felt very safe. Also sound and noise within the hostel is louder than the others. Mostly I recommend it to groups.

This is the second time I stay there and I would definitely stay again. The staff is so friendly & helpful. The facilities are great and always kept clean. It's nice that the beds have their own curtain for privacy. It's also great being able to unwind and eat at the bar downstairs. Overall a great place

best location and best facilities

• 10th Jul 2015