St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

have to wait a long time for the reception~maybe needa hire more staff...and awful smell in female bathroom on 5th floor

Great experience. This was only the second hostel I stayed in so I don't have much to compare it to. However I must say the staff were great, location was good as well as security. Nice sized showers where you could actually hang stuff and place to put your toiletries. Having to press the shower button every 15-20 was not a huge deal. Nice sized underbed lockers. Good drink and food specials and tapas/sangria happy hour was a great way to meet other travelers. I would def recommend to friends.

• 17th Apr 2014

As far as hostels go the building was one of the nicer I've seen. The privacy curtains on the beds and the bedside electrical plugs were appreciated. It was also nice that every bunk in the room had it's own lockable storage bin. The hostel was noisy and our room was pretty dirty when we checked in. The bathrooms also felt dirty (probably the puke we saw in them on more than one occasion) and we saw a lot of uncollected sweepings in the hallway corners. Overall the place was fine I guess.

Great Hostel!!!

A few staff did smile at us but apart from that it feels like we were bothering them. The breakfast was terrible, yes it's free like at all the other st.chris inns I've stayed at but there was never any cutlery or plates? The staff were literally throwing cheese and ham onto plates in the middle of the pool table. When I asked for a spoon, they said that they were washing them all? The bar was terrible, we ordered a veg meal and it came with meat, very overpriced. Clean but toilets dirty/smelly.

Had an amazing time at St Christophers, Barcelona! The location was so easy to get to from the airport and is a really good base for exploring the city. Had an amazing time- thanks guys! - will definately reccommend!

• 12th Apr 2014

Cheap and great hostel! The staff were helpful and a good laugh and the atmosphere was always great! Decent walk to the beach but it's close to the underground lines. Would definitely stay here again

Location was amazing. Hallways smelled horrible from bathrooms. Some days the showers didnt have hot water. Breakfast was poor, as they were short of food and short of plates/bowls/spoons at all times (also ends at 10am sharp). Electronic key cards stopped working multiple times. Check out is at 11am and if you get to the desk at 11:01am you won't get your key card deposit back. If it's your cheapest option go for it, if it's not I'd go with another choice.

• 11th Apr 2014

Fantastic staff, very friendly & helpful. The online check in facility is great. I would suggest introducing a quiet dorm so travellers who're only in Barcelona for the tourism aren't being woken up by people who are returning from bars and clubs.

Professionally run like a hotel, downside is the staff are more impersonal. But overall a good place to stay.

It was an easy place to get to and but was a very far walk from the beach. Everything else was great though. Good security, nice having a bar downstairs with a good atmosphere and free breakfast. The 16 person dorm was broken up so it really didn't seem that big. The only downfall was that it was very hot in the rooms at night.

Toilets & Showers on 4th floor are keeping you away from getting a better rating from me. The restrooms smelled terribly on both of my stays. They eventually only got cleaned properly once during my time at your hostel. Also it would make sense to install urinals on a mens restroom and put some toilet brushes in the toilets.

not so comfortable bed, facilitys not so good.

• 7th Apr 2014

Sorry if we weren't what you've expected. thanks for your review!

Great place, would definetly come back here again! Great atmosphere with the bar down stairs. Super clean facilities and comfortable bed. Large lockers to store your stuff!

• 6th Apr 2014

Hi Thanks for your review! Seems that you had a great time! Please come back for more!!!!

This was an awesome place to stay! Super clean and modern looking. In a great location, I definitely felt safe in the hostel's area, and with the staff. Staff speaks English and Spanish! Also, Lots of perks with going out in Barcelona for you crazy party animals, such as free entries to popular night clubs.

• 6th Apr 2014

Yes! Party AnimalZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! Nice to know that you had a blast! Great that you used our promoter to get in too the clubs! thanks for your review and see you later!

Great location,I walked everywhere with ease. The staff was friendly and helpful and having the restaurant/bar in the building was nice. It also offered a good way to meet people. I felt like the bathrooms/showers were fairly well maintained, considering how often they were used. My only complaint would be that the room was very warm and stuffy, and you cannot open the windows, it made it hard to sleep at times. I would definitely book again, and recommend to others.

• 6th Apr 2014

Heyy, so nice to know that you had a good time! Yes Belushi's makes everything better and it's a really nice spot to meet travellers from all over the world. Sorry if your room was a bit stuffy, we already improved or ventilation/air con system, so we are sure that when you come back everything will be great and you wont have any complaints! thanks again and see you later!

Excellent, I-ve stayed in other StChristophers and this is far the better, good facilities, really good location near Placa de Catalunya, staff is charming as hell, breakfast included with jam, cheese, bread and juice, very nice. Didnt try the welcome tapas and sangria, showers with hot water, wifi works in the whole building, a basic but OK kitchen, bar separated from guests area. Definetely would stay here again.

Hello, thanks a lot for your review, it makes us really happy to know that you enjoy our place! Please come back, so you wont miss the welcome meeting next time! See you later!

Great hostel walking distance to everything fantastic city i recommend the free walking city tour leaves from the hostel. Very clean well organised yummy breakfast would return in a second!

Heyyy thanks a lot for your review, It's really nice to know that you had a good time! See you later when you're back!

i think it would be good if there is some coin changing machine at the locker area and there is no change so need to give exact. I tried to change coin from the staff but after talking to them for a while before he willing to change for me.

Heyy thanks for your review, that's a really good idea that you're giving us! We will think about it! thanks again!

+ good security + friendly staff +location - come early to breakfast, otherwise no knifes, no bread, no apples - ask twice in reception for opening the window in the night in the room, otherwise you will be dead by the hot - poor wifi internet signal

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5