St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Location was amazing. Hallways smelled horrible from bathrooms. Some days the showers didnt have hot water. Breakfast was poor, as they were short of food and short of plates/bowls/spoons at all times (also ends at 10am sharp). Electronic key cards stopped working multiple times. Check out is at 11am and if you get to the desk at 11:01am you won't get your key card deposit back. If it's your cheapest option go for it, if it's not I'd go with another choice.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was an easy place to get to and but was a very far walk from the beach. Everything else was great though. Good security, nice having a bar downstairs with a good atmosphere and free breakfast. The 16 person dorm was broken up so it really didn't seem that big. The only downfall was that it was very hot in the rooms at night.

not so comfortable bed, facilitys not so good.

• 7th Apr 2014

This was an awesome place to stay! Super clean and modern looking. In a great location, I definitely felt safe in the hostel's area, and with the staff. Staff speaks English and Spanish! Also, Lots of perks with going out in Barcelona for you crazy party animals, such as free entries to popular night clubs.

• 6th Apr 2014

Great location,I walked everywhere with ease. The staff was friendly and helpful and having the restaurant/bar in the building was nice. It also offered a good way to meet people. I felt like the bathrooms/showers were fairly well maintained, considering how often they were used. My only complaint would be that the room was very warm and stuffy, and you cannot open the windows, it made it hard to sleep at times. I would definitely book again, and recommend to others.

• 6th Apr 2014

Great hostel walking distance to everything fantastic city i recommend the free walking city tour leaves from the hostel. Very clean well organised yummy breakfast would return in a second!

i think it would be good if there is some coin changing machine at the locker area and there is no change so need to give exact. I tried to change coin from the staff but after talking to them for a while before he willing to change for me.

+ good security + friendly staff +location - come early to breakfast, otherwise no knifes, no bread, no apples - ask twice in reception for opening the window in the night in the room, otherwise you will be dead by the hot - poor wifi internet signal

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Poland

I thought keeping luggages for free for leaving customers is a MUST! I dont understand why they charge SO MUCH for lockers! Facilities are clean and nice but there is only ONE washroom for a 12 people dorm. It is very good to have curtains for every bed but not so good if you want to social.

Security was great! I liked that we needed to use our key cards at several points. Could be a hassle, but I felt safe. Location was pretty good and safe. It was nice to be right by the Rambles. If I had spent more time there it would have been a hike for anything else, but I guess anywhere in Barcelona is a bit of a hike. Quite clean - but main bathroom smelled a little. But rooms/beds didn't so that was a plus. And the breakfast was decent enough quality. Would DEFINITELY recommend to anybody!

• 26th Mar 2014

Would be better if the cleaner cleaned the room better as she left the puddle of water to dry , but overall , this is really a nice hostel, with sumptuous breakfast~ I mean really really good breakfast~ Friendly staff, have a post box in the hostel, that's really cool! STAY HERE! right in the center of Barcelona, everything is just within reach!

This hostel was really clean, the curtains on bunks was great for privacy and the lockers were big enough to fit my entire suitcase. The location was so central and it was nice having the bar downstairs.

Great hostel

Secure hostel and in a good location. However it was too rowdy, loud, and full of people for my taste. This is not the type of hostel to stay in if you want to see local culture--more for partying and going out. Located in a very central area, very good for metro travel.

I have been in this hostel for few day and I didn't see the bathroom cleaned.

The location of the hostel is really great, only 50m to Placa de Catalunya. The bar, belonging to the Hostel, is a nice place to meet other people from the hostel. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. The only downside was, that we couldn't open the windows and thus it was quite hot in our room.

Had a great time her! Dorm rooms were nice in that you had a huge locker for your stuff, and your bed had a curtain, reading lamp, and electrical outlet. Definitely a party hostel. The bar was nice with decent food that was about 7-9 euro, but you got 25% off of that. Cheap alcohol. Ping pong table, pool table, lots of places to sit and many tv's. Breakfast was just average, nothing special. Location was incredible, 2 minutes to metro and la rambla, 20 min walk to the beach. Highly recommend!

• 13th Mar 2014

This Hostel is well located and offers everything you need. Some of the reading lights didn't work but the breakfast was really nice.

Thanks for your review, we are glad to know that you had a good time. Next time inform us at the reception and we will be pleased to change your reading light! Thanks again and see you later!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, but I found the staff very poor! The girl at the reception was grumpy, didn't like to help even I being very smily and so... And they didn't give me good informations :( But if you already know everything what to do and how, the hostel is very good option

Please get a Toaster and larger fridges. Two mini fridges is not sufficient for hundreds of people. The kitchen should be open 24/7 with operating lights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5