St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

A few staff did smile at us but apart from that it feels like we were bothering them. The breakfast was terrible, yes it's free like at all the other st.chris inns I've stayed at but there was never any cutlery or plates? The staff were literally throwing cheese and ham onto plates in the middle of the pool table. When I asked for a spoon, they said that they were washing them all? The bar was terrible, we ordered a veg meal and it came with meat, very overpriced. Clean but toilets dirty/smelly.

Had an amazing time at St Christophers, Barcelona! The location was so easy to get to from the airport and is a really good base for exploring the city. Had an amazing time- thanks guys! - will definately reccommend!

• 12th Apr 2014

Cheap and great hostel! The staff were helpful and a good laugh and the atmosphere was always great! Decent walk to the beach but it's close to the underground lines. Would definitely stay here again

Location was amazing. Hallways smelled horrible from bathrooms. Some days the showers didnt have hot water. Breakfast was poor, as they were short of food and short of plates/bowls/spoons at all times (also ends at 10am sharp). Electronic key cards stopped working multiple times. Check out is at 11am and if you get to the desk at 11:01am you won't get your key card deposit back. If it's your cheapest option go for it, if it's not I'd go with another choice.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was an easy place to get to and but was a very far walk from the beach. Everything else was great though. Good security, nice having a bar downstairs with a good atmosphere and free breakfast. The 16 person dorm was broken up so it really didn't seem that big. The only downfall was that it was very hot in the rooms at night.

Toilets & Showers on 4th floor are keeping you away from getting a better rating from me. The restrooms smelled terribly on both of my stays. They eventually only got cleaned properly once during my time at your hostel. Also it would make sense to install urinals on a mens restroom and put some toilet brushes in the toilets.

not so comfortable bed, facilitys not so good.

• 7th Apr 2014

Great place, would definetly come back here again! Great atmosphere with the bar down stairs. Super clean facilities and comfortable bed. Large lockers to store your stuff!

• 6th Apr 2014

This was an awesome place to stay! Super clean and modern looking. In a great location, I definitely felt safe in the hostel's area, and with the staff. Staff speaks English and Spanish! Also, Lots of perks with going out in Barcelona for you crazy party animals, such as free entries to popular night clubs.

• 6th Apr 2014

Great location,I walked everywhere with ease. The staff was friendly and helpful and having the restaurant/bar in the building was nice. It also offered a good way to meet people. I felt like the bathrooms/showers were fairly well maintained, considering how often they were used. My only complaint would be that the room was very warm and stuffy, and you cannot open the windows, it made it hard to sleep at times. I would definitely book again, and recommend to others.

• 6th Apr 2014

Great hostel walking distance to everything fantastic city i recommend the free walking city tour leaves from the hostel. Very clean well organised yummy breakfast would return in a second!

i think it would be good if there is some coin changing machine at the locker area and there is no change so need to give exact. I tried to change coin from the staff but after talking to them for a while before he willing to change for me.

+ good security + friendly staff +location - come early to breakfast, otherwise no knifes, no bread, no apples - ask twice in reception for opening the window in the night in the room, otherwise you will be dead by the hot - poor wifi internet signal

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Poland

I thought keeping luggages for free for leaving customers is a MUST! I dont understand why they charge SO MUCH for lockers! Facilities are clean and nice but there is only ONE washroom for a 12 people dorm. It is very good to have curtains for every bed but not so good if you want to social.

Security was great! I liked that we needed to use our key cards at several points. Could be a hassle, but I felt safe. Location was pretty good and safe. It was nice to be right by the Rambles. If I had spent more time there it would have been a hike for anything else, but I guess anywhere in Barcelona is a bit of a hike. Quite clean - but main bathroom smelled a little. But rooms/beds didn't so that was a plus. And the breakfast was decent enough quality. Would DEFINITELY recommend to anybody!

• 26th Mar 2014

Would be better if the cleaner cleaned the room better as she left the puddle of water to dry , but overall , this is really a nice hostel, with sumptuous breakfast~ I mean really really good breakfast~ Friendly staff, have a post box in the hostel, that's really cool! STAY HERE! right in the center of Barcelona, everything is just within reach!

This hostel was really clean, the curtains on bunks was great for privacy and the lockers were big enough to fit my entire suitcase. The location was so central and it was nice having the bar downstairs.

Great hostel

Secure hostel and in a good location. However it was too rowdy, loud, and full of people for my taste. This is not the type of hostel to stay in if you want to see local culture--more for partying and going out. Located in a very central area, very good for metro travel.

I have been in this hostel for few day and I didn't see the bathroom cleaned.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5