St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

Great value for the money! Very clean, great free breakfast, fantastic staff - all good comments!

everything was perfect. I strongly recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Well.. Compared with other hostel in bcn based on my prior experience, this place seems to be way too modernized for me :( everything had to be paid by machines. Plus, restrooms are in the room, very near the bed. and the shower tap is really annoying so i was going to have to press it every minute to take shower...

Great hostel, nice pub. Only with some problems in the bedroom, because one bed was not made when we arrived, and the bathroom should be cleaned more often.

I love this place!!!

Great hostel close to Barcelona city center (Pl.Catalunya)! Nice staff. Good breakfast! Highly recommended!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Ukraine

Before coming I read reviews about people complaining there is no hot water. My experience was, there is hot water but it is limited so you have to shower early before other people. My friend also said that you have to adjust the hot water lever every time you turn on the shower. All in all great atmosphere, hostel is clean and it's worth the money.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostle good free breakfast too

Try to get a bed which is not close to the door of the room if you want to sleep more than 2 hours .... Except this problem everything is good and especially the breakfast !

• 15th Feb 2015

When the shower is very uncomfortable. Warm water does not come out well. But the location is the best.

Very good breakfast. Didn´t like the room. Too many people and you couldn´t open the window, so, very stinky!

Awesome location and comfy beds. Staff need a serious attitude adjustment; often made us feel like we were inconveniencing them and gave no explanation of where the facilities were in the hostel.

Wifi is generally very good in all the rooms. Free breakfast is a definite plus especially after a night of partying in Barcelona.

The staff went out of their way to help me. I needed help communicating back home and they were so understanding. When I had questions about booking tickets they called to get me the I do. Overall a very pleasant experience. The breakfast was great too.

• 1st Feb 2015

Pros: table tennis table, big storage lockers, reasonably priced and good food at restaurant, staff willing to help Cons: noisy people in dorm, annoying wifi which take numerous attempts to connect, poor showers and smelly bathrooms

Hey there, Thanks for leaving us such a balanced review. It's great to know what we're doing wrong, as much as what we're doing right, as it's how we grow and change for the better for our future guests : ) We're pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and table tennis, but a little disappointed to see we didn't seem to live up to your expectations with regards to our bathroom facilities. We'll certainly be looking into it further to see what improvements we can make, Thanks

Staff wasn't helpfull and kind so it was ok for just staying

The location is perfect- right around the corner of Las Ramblas, but quiet enough to have a good night sleep. Rooms and bathrooms were clean during my stay, saw cleaning ladies in very different times of day/night. Yes- balcony doors are only opened when room is being cleaned, i hope it is different in the summer. Beds are comfortable and spacious, curtains give you privacy even in dorm rooms. All in all- if you like these big kind of hostels- it's your place to stay!

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

Hello there, It was great to see that you made the most of our central location. We know how important it is to be right in the heart of all the action in the city. Bye for now,

Great location. Nice dorms. Charging point by the bed with light and curtain. Showers sucked. Free breakfast was good. Average wifi. Helpful staff.

Hello, Thanks for writing, It seems that you have made the most of our awesome NEW free breakfast. Based on you guys' previous reviews we decided that it was time for a change, and we've have just upgraded our breakfast buffet to include a range of additional new free products, Keep writing and we'll keep getting better guys ; ) Cheers,

staff is super friendly, which i think determines your trip. i was worried a lot about this hostel after reading a few bad comments on here. i wanna answer some of those comments based on my experience. a. a shared bathroom sucks: partly agree. the shower flow is weak and temp control is not easy. b. breakfast sucks: i disagree. it is average. and you can eat all-you-want. c. security sucks. : i disagree. get good, strong locks then you are on the safe.

Hello, We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Our guys love their jobs and it really makes their day to know that they're made a difference to somebody's visit, or just left a lasting impression on one of our guests : ) Thanks for writing,

It was in a really central area of Barcelona. I only stayed one night but there didn't seem to be that much of a social atmosphere. The breakfast was good with bread, cheese, ham, cereal, and fresh fruit. I also ate at the restaurant which was pretty good and the discount was nice. You do have to pay to store your stuff before/after checkin/out. They also really want to keep your key deposit. I had to ask for mine explicitly. Overall a nice place but nothing special.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6