St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

Amazing hostel in an amazing city. Friendly staff and very well organized!

• 4th Feb 2016

A female receptionist was rude, but, other than that, everything was great.

I chose this location because I'd stayed at St. Christopher's in Paris (Gare Du Nord) and really enjoy my experience. The breakfast at the Barcelona location is the best! But my main complaint was that in a hostel so big, it's important for bathrooms to be cleaned several times a day, and well. The bathrooms both inside the rooms and in public spaces weren't nice. Very damp and moldy. The shower curtains could use a wash or replacement. Other than that, over all it was enjoyable.

This hostel is a pearl! Everything was perfect, the facilities, breakfast, staff, location... We just loved it! Will go there the next time we come to Barcelona and probably use the hostels from the chain in other European cities as well. We can definitely recommend!

Pretty good as I've come to expect from St Christopher's, with the location, staff etc being world class. One incident stuck out: ~2am one night I was awakened by loud shouting in the hallways, which turned out to be cleaners chatting as they worked. Was discussing what to do with others who had also woken up, and within minutes a security guard asked us to "keep the noise down", as though someone had reported the problem for us. Pointed the guard to the source, but noise continued.

Great hostel, the location was excellent. Good cleanliness of bathrooms and ok in the bedrooms. The curtains for each bed was great to get some privacy. I missed a common room other than the restaurant to socialize with other guests. Breakfast was simple but very good.

Excellent hostel for the price. Clean rooms/bathrooms, friendly staff and people, centrally located, delicious bar-grill downstairs. Only thing that threw me off was that when I booked my room it asked me my arrival time, which was 700AM, but when I arrived they had told me check-in wasn't until 200PM, so I had to wait in room for 7 hours which kind of sucked. They should post that information online. Other than that, awesome hostel! Will definitely use again.

• 27th Jan 2016

Really good hostel. Great location Great security. You get swipe cards for the hostel and rooms. There are two lifts so you don't have to drag your luggage all the way up to the 5th floor! Bathrooms were good. Only thing is there was sometimes a lot of water all over the bathroom and shower room floors. The free breakfast was great! You get given a great variety. The bar does great food for a really good price! Only issue with this hostel is the wifi! It will drive you insane!!

Wifi isn't working properly, but the atmosphere and other facilities are exremely good)

This hostel is very large and can host quite a few people. The vibe is definitely a party vibe with lots of activities. The bar had great drink specials all week. Location is great, in the center. However, there was a strong smell of sewage on the some of the floors and in the bathrooms also there wasn't much to the community kitchen besides a few microwaves and very small refrigerator, other than that our stay was good.

Great hostel for what you pay in a good area. The only down side was that it only had microwaves to cook with, which made making good meals next to impossible.

Really good location, friendly quick check in , we had a large group of us so pleasing everyone is tough but this place ticked all the boxes.

• 22nd Jan 2016

The location is perfect, breakfast was nice. The mattresses were thin, but there were curtains for every bed, which was very nice. The showers/toilets/rooms weren't very clean.

Very well located, but the bathrooms could be cleaner. Also, the wifi connection wasn't working very well.

15 second push button showers must go.

Very impressed by this hostel. The definition of what a hostel should be; great atmosphere, great location, and security. The beds are a little small, so if you are taller than 6' 2" you might not have the most comfortable time.

laundry sucked.

Rooms were average at best, far too hot in the morning and this is a problem as it is the middle of winter, you cannot open a window or balcony door yourself which is ridiculous. Bathroom is filthy and showers are cold The staff were friendly in reception and in the bar. The bar makes the hostel worth it as there are extremely good drink deals, for example 2 bottles of Amstel for 4 euro is amazing. The food is also amazing as it is cheap, a really good standard and you get a lot on the plate,

• 16th Jan 2016

The staff was not friendly when I asked to check in and didn't give any instructions(such as breakfast time, check-out time) as well. The housekeepers just started to clean the room(at 2:40pm) and my bed after I checked in ( 2:20pm), and moved my stuff on the bed without asking me, it makes me feel disrespectful.

The location is amazing. Just around the corner from La Rambla & Casa Batllo & so easy to get to from the airport as the air bus stops just down the street. The staff were so helpful & friendly. The food & drinks are amazing & cheap & the bar has a really good atmosphere. The free breakfast is pretty good too. The bunks are great as they have pull out lockers underneath as well as individual lamps, plugs & your own curtain. The wifi was a bit average in the room but otherwise it was perfect.

• 15th Jan 2016