St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

1975 Total Reviews

Hostel was great. Location good, quite to sleep but still close enough to the city center. Close to metro and bus connections. Didn't organize pub crawl or bar hopping, which would have been nice. Very good large lockers underneath the bed, curtains, light and plug to every bed. Cleanliness was overall quite okay, sanitary cleanliness could have been better. Liked my stay and misses Barcelona already!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great social atmosphere which is great for meeting people when you're traveling by yourself! Cheap happy hour prices in the bar are great to start the nights off with. The location is great, near metros, and I was able to walk to many of the key sights. The beds are comfortable, however since I'm 6'5 (195cm) tall, it was a bit difficult to fit in them - but that's typical of most beds for me. I've recommended this to a few of my friends already because it was such a fun time!

Don't waste you time staying in this hostel in Barcelona. The whole place is devoid of any atmosphere that could be called fun or enjoyable. This is reflected in the unfriendly staff who might as-well be replaced by automated ticket machines. Don't get me wrong the bed with curtain was pretty good but aside from that not much to recommend. ALSO THIS HOSTEL HAS THE WORST WIFI I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. Forget trying to connect in your room you might be able to connect near the reception, maybe.

• 11th Sep 2014

Any time I am in Barcelona, I stay with the wonderful people at St. Christopher's. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Belushi's has great food, staff is superior to anywhere I have stayed in 9 months of traveling and location is perfect!

a total party place. go there to meet new people and have a fun get together.

Good size lockers under bunks to stow kit (8 dorm-male). Bunks has privacy curtains, light & electrical socket. Plenty of loo rolls in toilet and hot water in showers facility which was a high standard. Breakfast is ham and cheese slices, bread, jam and one fresh fruit each morning. Juice & coffee machines (coffee machine output was dreadfully slow & needs attention). I missed my yoghurt :( Sleep a bit disruptive in night (normal sleep hours) due to nightclub/party goers. Great location :)

Pretty awesome hostel. Expect a party vibe, but to be expected with any hostel attached to a bar! Wifi was pretty crappy. Staff all super helpful and friendly, but some lonngg waits at reception to get to speak to a staff member! Great location

Really! one of the best hostel where I've been!! Maybe the "so so part" is that it's a very big hostel, then you don't have that "familiar" atmosphere...but anyway is a really good choice. The hostel is about to 100mts from the Rambla and Catalunya square...is easy to move to diferent parts of the city and there is a metro station just outside. I have the best time there, and the stuff is really helpful.

I was bitten by bedbugs in this hostel . The rest is like your avarage hostel. Cheers

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Romania

Great great place! Nice breakfast, amazing location, wonderful staff and modern facilities! If I return to Barcelona in the future I will definitely stay there again!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Mexico

This was absolutely the best decision I made. I met great friends at this hostel and the atmospher was very welcoming. The location was great also.

• 1st Sep 2014

I arrived late at the hostel and was greeted immediately and quickly checked in. This has to be one of the best hostel I've stayed in..... I really like the curtains on each bunk for privacy.

Hey thanks a lot for your review it makes us really happy to know that you feel greeted by our staff. So nice to know that you feel that we are one of the best hostels that you've stayed in, we hope to see you again in Barcelona to keep having a great time! Thanks again and see you soon

Lockers under the beds, light and plugs for each bed, security in different doors, elevators, internet in the rooms, bar, receptionists were polite. etc. It is very similar to the one in Paris near Gare du Nord. Recommended!! The shuttle bus from the airport has it's last stop one block away from the hostel!

Hostel is in a great location to see everything but also be able to get to the airport quickly and easily. Toilets and showers weren't very clean and smelt horrible but asides from that it's a good hostel. Breakfast is also free but wouldn't bother going to it

• 29th Aug 2014

Hey thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you enjoyed our time here with us. We apologize about the cleanliness in the showers and the toilets, we do clean it several times per day, but we will increase the daily audits to keep all standards on top. Thanks again and see you soon!

Great hostel!! My original booking was for three nights which turned into 6! The first few nights I was in the female dorm with an ensuite and was then moved to a mixed dorm with shared bathroom. No issues with either setup!! I have no negative comments about this hostel!!

• 29th Aug 2014

Hello thanks a lot for your kind review it makes us really happy to know that you had a great time and enjoyed both of the dorms that you slept in. Yes it happens quiet often, this site and this place have something that makes people to stay always around. Thanks again and see you soon!

This place was awesome! Great location, just around the corner from La Rambla and the metro. The rooms are nice, bunks have curtains, outlets, and lamp. Also, there are lockers in the rooms! The bathrooms/showers were nice, always clean. The restaurant downstairs is great, all the food was delicious! I would definitely recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again.

Very clean hostel, awesome that it has Belushi's bar right in it. Great little breakfast. Nice location just above the old town, staff were very friendly. Had problems with the wifi though and noticed a lot of other people struggling as well, also the dorms have bunk beds with their own curtains which is really cool.... unless you're on the top bunk in which case you're literally 3 feet under the light and that curtain doesn't do anything for you.

Staff need to be more approachable And friendly. Great beds and rooms very clean and good lockers!

Great rooms and communal areas-staff let the place down a little but worth booking. Clean rooms with a party vibe. Short walk to la rambla

Hey thanks a lot for your review. we are so sorry to heard about the staff let the place down, that's definitely not the way that they been trained, actually it's the other way around. We apologize if you had a bad experience with any of them. we are going to look after this to prevent this kind of experiences for future customers. Thanks again and see you next time!

Great location, but the bathrooms were quite dirty. They smelled bad and looked dirty.

Hey thanks a lot for your review, We are so sorry to read about the cleanliness in the bathrooms, we do clean it many times per day, We are looking forward to meet with our housekeepers to increase the audits and fix this situation, Thanks again and see you soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7