St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

The location of this hostel is good, but the rooms have these huge windows and the curtains don't fully cover them, so when the sun comes in in the morning it's really bright and hard to sleep. The showers were grimy and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The staff at the bar is cool and really nice but there's no place for just the people at the hostel to hang out, it's only the bar (which is cool) and that doesn't provide a place to meet people just from the hostel.

Good hostel and well priced, only negatives are that there were no power outlets near the beds and it took ten minutes for a member of staff to come to the reception and check me in. There was also no free luggage room, but other than that I had a good stay

One of the best I've been. Food here has a 25% discount and makes it a really good value for the quantity they serve, plus you have free breakfast. Rooms are nice but pillow is extremely soft, no problem here though. It's just in front a metro station so you can go anywhere. Atmosphere downstairs is awesome.

I will definitely recommend this hostel to my friends who are going to Berlin!! Excellent location as it's a few metro stations from the city centre and most of the attractions. Its bar downstairs sometimes may be a little bit noisy at night but it's surely a good place to watch football if you are a football fan! Great breakfast with delicious bread and ham :)

Good location just one stop from Alexander Platz on the subway. Well priced restaurant/bar but is often very busy and hard to find a spot to sit

Good central location, staff were awesome, beds were comfy

The lady told us to book online if we wanted to stay an extra night as it was cheaper and that we were welcome to use the wifi to do so which was very nice and made the stay feel a lot more welcome. breakfast was plenty full and set you up til dinner so that was a bonus

The Irish man at the bar was super helpful, ordering taxis and recommending places to go, loved the fact the bar was underneath as it became a social hub for all the people in the hostel where you could chat and relax. only thing is they don't have a kitchen you can use which is a bit of a bummer, but you get 25% off a burger from the bar which can be split as it's massive and taste ah-mazing. loved it!

One must keep in mind that it is a backpackers inn and not a hotel. Still, good sleep is important for explorers of Berlin and perhaps a little more can be done to soundproof room 7B against the sounds coming from room 7A. It really is disturbing. Other than that we really enjoyed our time there.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Great place , Very social if you Are travelling alone

My friend and I stayed in a two bedroom room and it was so nice! Best free hostel breakfast. I just wish the heater in our room worked better.

Great location, just seconds away from a U-Bahn station. Staff wasn't the greatest, I actually heard a few of them arguing loudly and found that very unprofessional. Rooms were clean and had lockers available, and the free breakfast was definitely a plus. WiFi is generally not available in the rooms, so you have to go to the bar if you want to get on the internet.

Great location and atmosphere. Facilities could be much better, mainly the showers. I forgot my towel, so I asked at reception if they rent towels, they run out and told me they would have the following morning but they did not.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Amazing hostel, super clean, nice rooms, friendly staff. Close to Alexanderplatz and a metro station just in front of it. Breakfast could do with a bit more variety, but it was ok. Huge public restaurant/bar with live sports. A great place.

best part about this hostel for me is that the beds have their own curtains, lending some much-needed privacy even in the dorms

A bar with rooms. The reception is at the bar, you have to shout to the bartender to check-in. People who stay there are the average teenager making the first trip of their lives without mommy. If you have no common-sense about how to behave in a hostel (e.g. if you don't shut your mouth up while inside the room it doesn't matter what time it is, if you pack at 4 am making all the possible noise, etc), go for it, the place is full of morons like you. Otherwise, just look for somewhere else.

Beds are good , room is somehow big , not that near to Alexanderplatz ( 15 min. Walking distance ) , no common area to meet people from the hostel except the bar which is crowded most of the time from people outside the hostel which is not cool for a solo traveller but if you are a group of people it shouldn't be a problem . No activities except free walking tour . Staff are not so friendly but they are ok ( just doing their job ) .. Generally if i were you i would consider another options ..

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was a room in a big apartment with fully equipped kitchen, living room area and bathroom+toilet. We shared these facilities with a 4 bed female dorm room, so when fully booked it would be 10 girls sharing a toilet and a shower. The apartment was beautiful, clean and spacious and our room even had a little balcony. Breakfast was included and their coffee was really good and everything was spotless clean.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel, very lively atmosphere, has its own bar downstairs. Bit far from the center of Berlin, but the metro stop is literally right outside the front door, so that isn't too big of a problem.

Good location, good dorm setup, no kitchen for budget-minded cooks, nor common room besides the bar. After a chat with bar staff about my ongoing stay as a guest, I was charged full price for food after my guest key was acknowledged and refused to remedy their error, nor offer an alternative, after change was given- "there is nothing we can do". In all fairness, the staff all appear in their 20s and seem preoccupied with other issues at hand. Overall a good choice for a large chain hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7