St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Superb location, great atmosphere and the free breakfast was welcoming. Wifi however was basically non existent unless used in the middle of the night and €15 for pool? Come on! No wonder I never saw anyone playing..

When I checked in I was told there was a double booking so I was moved to a female 'oasis'. The room was clean and spacious however some of the lockers were broken or had random locks with nothing inside. There was also a private kitchen just outside the room. Hostel is in the perfect location, close to Alexanderplatz. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere. Breakfast is included - always a bonus. There is pick up from the hostel for the free walking tour, which I highly recommend.

This hostel serves up some great food at Belushi's and I liked the lockbox underneath each bed that made it very safe and secure. Overall, this hostel has more of an atomsphere of being a bar first and a hostel second. It can be harder to meet people than at other hostels since most are traveling in groups and the common area upstairs isn't a really popular place to hang out. Breakfast was decent, the iced tea tasted like kombucha and was quite good. Includes bread, meats, cereals, toast.

Great place, I'd stay there again for sure.

This Hostel have all you want! Nice rooms with a locker to store your things! Downstairs you have a greate bar and staff! Have nothing to do? Ask them and they give you greate advices! This place makes you feel welcome and you have greate offers in the bar! And 25% off the food! Bigburgers and sandwich so you can keep on going all night long! Live at this pleace and you fall in love with Berlin even more! The staff is funny, loving and can always bring a smile on you face! Try it feel it love it

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Nice hostel, would recommend it to others.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

Great atmosphere, subway station in front of the hostel. I had a great time !

Awesome place to stay. Would highly recommend!

• 5th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Beds were plenty comfortable and the free breakfast in the morning of rolls with a large selection of jams, cereal, fruit, and fresh coffee was perfect. The restaurant had the best potato wedges I've ever and, and a large sauce selection, including sweet chili sauce, which is very important to me and my travel companion. We were a little upset that we couldn't sit in the back courtyard but later on when we saw the mice we realized why. Belushi the cat?

I had a really good and enjoyable stay at the St Christopher's Berlin hostel. The staff were helpful and friendly, the place had a nice buzz to it, and you can't beat having a subway station bang on the doorstep. I was in a very spacious and comfortable room which had good facilities like bedside lamps, mirrors and a table and chairs. The downsides are that the common areas were a bit dirty, the sockets didn't work properly, and the lockers weren't at all safe.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Plenty of space in the dorm, lockers in the room and located right in the centre. Only problem was you can only get wifi in the bar downstairs and it is so frustratingly slow! Means you spend too long trying to research future travel plans raster than relaxing with a beer!

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay

Location by the metro is nice, staff was friendly. Nice to be above a bar but there could have been more done to help people meet each other and their pub crawl started far to early. Otherwise it was a good place to stay, rooms were clean, mirrors in each room, never waited for a shower or toilet. Overall good stay!

I love St Christopher's hostels! Lots of fun. Had a great stay

Need to sort out wifi in rooms and aircon

• 31st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel was good in terms of location and security. Guests weren't as sociable as some of the other hostels but the atmosphere was still there. I would advise bringing big padlocks for the lockers because our basic ones didn't fit and we had to buy some from reception. Staff were knowledge which was helpful. Definitely do the free city walk too.

Thanks for the review. We hope you will stay with us again in the future

Great hostel! Nice location right by the u bahn stop! Everyone was very friendly and the bar had a great atmosphere! Was traveling by myself and met so many great people! Only downside was no internet in the rooms but forced you into the common areas more so not that bad unless you really had to work.

• 31st Jul 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Wifi in the rooms is on the way ;-)

This hostel made me realize why most hostels don't allow group bookings. In a 10 bed room were two of us and 8 other people that were together. Let's just say we got absolutely no sleep. That was a personal reason my time at this hostel wasn't great. Also wifi is only available at the bar which turns into a huge party at night. Not ideal for wanting to get on my computer at night. I feel it's almost a requirement that wifi should be available in rooms. Definitely a huge party hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Our staff are here 24/7 and are always available to help our guests get the most out of their stay. In a situation where roommates are being noisy such as the one you have described, we would deal with it as soon as we found out. Even with regular patrols we cant be everywhere all the time. Its important to us that all our guests get a good nights sleep and have a great experience when they choose to stay at St Christopher's.

Bar food and deals are really good and met some great people there.

Thanks for the review. We hope you will choose St Christopher's again in the future!

Extremely noisy atmosphere; it's a great place to party and enjoy yourself but i don't think I got a single night's good sleep. You can hear the music and shouting from the bar from both the dorm rooms AND the apartments. Most nights you couldn't get to sleep until 2am-3am. I will never stay here again due to the constant noise.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal that all our guests have a great time but also, very importantly, a good nights sleep. We do patrol the hallways regularly to control the noise level but we cant be there all the time. Whenever we are made aware of noise problems we deal with it immediately in order to ensure our guests get a restful nights sleep. We wish you well on your future travels!

Love this place! Great location, right next to the metro. It was fun and the staff were very accommodating!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6