St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Location is great. The hostel feels more like a hotel with a bar downstairs than anything. It lacks any common areas besides the bar. You do get 25% off at the bar and the food is pretty good so that's convenient. Staff were fine, but nothing to brag about. When I was there almost all of the showers on my floor were out of order... That was very inconvenient. Beds all had curtains in my room, which was really great! No mini lockers for the small important things, just one large one under the bed

good location and reasonable price but have to pay for using locker and only can check in after 2 pm. And it was quite loud because of people checkin after midnight and I couldn't sleep.

Only stayed one night and it was great. Wonderful location with lots of little bars and restaurants nearby, dorms were really big with heaps of room, and the free breakfast was amazing! Only negative was the staff were quite rude and seemed to be uninterested in helping us. Would probably stay again just for the free breakky. It was so good. Great value :)

very good would stay again

shower facilities for female was on construction and I had to go down for using it. it was quite uncomfortable.

I can't say that I would recommend this hostel. It's definitely not as nice as the other branches of St. Christopher's Inn. The facilities on my floor were very run down. Mold was growing on the ceiling of the showers, and there were spots unpainted on the walls. (Maybe they're in the middle of renovating?) The wifi was HORRIBLE. The place was filled with 16 and 17 YO students. Good location and average staff.

I loved it here! The bar downstairs had great deals for those staying at the hostel and the menu was diverse. You didn't have to go far to have a great time. There is a metro stop right outside, and taxis drive by all the time. The beds were HUGE and comfortable. The bathrooms are outside the mixed dorms and easy to find. There are many friendly locals who come around the bar downstairs and are very willing to give you tips for what to do and are extremely welcoming. The staff was helpful also.

Thank you for your feedback! It is always great to read when guests thoroughly enjoy their stay with us in Berlin! Our bar has awesome discounts for guests as we know how difficult it can be travelling on a budget! We have quite a few regular guests that keep coming back for our fun atmosphere, sport and wicked happy hours! Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Great well located hostel. Staff is great. The bar and restaurant serve amazing food and drinks, free breakfast isn't bad either. Beds have curtains for extra privacy. Only thing is the wifi, which can be spotty in the rooms.

Ive stayed at st christophers 3 times now and each time is a great experience. Highly recommend the place

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you returned and enjoyed our consistently awesome facilities! Thanks again, we wish you all the best for your travels!

Location is perfect - you step off the metro and are on the hostel's doorstep. Close to all the key areas and anything that's a bit further out is easily accessible by the train. Rooms were big, beds comfortable, pillows a bit lumpy but manageable. Good, friendly atmosphere, great breakfast. Some beds don't have a privacy curtain (my room had none), but that wasn't a problem for me.

Thanks you for leaving a review! We are perfectly located in the city centre, close to all the main attractions and well connected to the rest of Berlin, we know how important it is to be close to all the action! We are always happy to replace any pillows that are uncomfortable, we try to cater for everyone by having a mixture of firm and soft pillows available. Enjoy the rest of your travels and visit us again soon!

I've stayed in Berlin 2x in the past few months, and I won't stay anywhere else. The staff is very helpful and willing to meet your every need, the whole place is very clean, the showers are AMAZING (3-spout rain shower heads), and the bar downstairs is very convenient. The free breakfast is far above average, and the breakfast you can buy is super cheap for the amount of food you receive. I love this hostel! The only complaint I have is the wifi can be poor, so they should get more routers.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thanks for your comments! We are happy to read that you had such an amazing stay with us. We are currently in the process of remodelling all our bathrooms and so far, the guest feedback has been all praises! At busy times the wifi can slow down, we are looking into getting faster connections, but we need to wait for approval from the owners of the building to carryout such renovations. We are glad that you also took advantage of our awesome free breakfast! All the best and see you again soon!

The downstairs bar was ideal. The people who worked there and the people who stayed there were awesome. I highly recommend this hostel

Female traveling alone, had a fantastic time here. Safe, clean, met awesome people and the place was great. Had their own bar with food, outdoor seating, pool table and a place to watch the game. Was in one of the big rooms, didn't have a problem. Would definitely go back.

Stuff was very kind and helpful, Location is very close to subway and also 10-15 mins to one of the main Sq of berlin (Alexanderplatz) where you can go almost anywhere you want. But the only thing i didnt like, was paying for sth that generally is free in other hostels ( like locker & keeping luggages after check out....)

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Our staff work very hard to uphold our high standard of customer service, we know how important it is to be greeted with a friendly face! We installed our new locker room for guests to store luggage securely and at just €2 for an entire day, guests can have piece of mind that their valuables are safe. Unfortunately, open luggage rooms do not offer the same security. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, visit us again soon!

Really enjoyed this hostel, the breakfast and the wifi

• 13th Jun 2015

Had really good and clean facilities, even privacy curtains for each bed.

Thanks for your comments! We are pleased that you had a great stay with us! Our cleaners take great pride in their work and we will be sure to pass on your feedback. It's good to read that you also enjoyed our POD dorms, they provide added privacy for guests, which is important when sharing with more travellers. We hope to see you again soon!

Awesome stay. Thanks for the upgrade!!

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review, it's great to read that you enjoyed your self with us in Berlin. Have fun on the rest of your travels!

There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and as this is a non-smoking hostel, I find this could be controlled better. Location is good, staff could be a bit more serious.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for your feedback! Our hostel is perfectly located with the city centre just moments away. We have strict house rules, which include no smoking in the rooms. When someone is caught, they can be fined and asked to leave the hostel. These rules are in place for the comfort of fellow travellers but most importantly because it is the law. When these instances occur, our cleaners work very hard to get rid of the smokey smell, we are sorry you had to endure this. Travel Safe!

The staff was very helpful and the facilities were clean, I loved this hostal... too bad I was only there for a night. I also liked that the metro was right in front of the hostal! Loved my stay and really recommend.

Thanks for the excellent review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, we will be sure to pass on your praise to the staff, they work very hard to continually deliver our high standard of customer service and generate a fun atmosphere for travellers! We are very well connected with the rest of Berlin with Rosa-Luxemburg Platz train station just outside our front door, the perfect base for avid travellers! Be sure to visit us again soon!

Great location.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our great location, we really are the perfect base for anyone wanting to have the full Berlin Experience! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7