St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

I love this place, best hostel there is. The staff at this place is awesome, they do everything for you to make your stay be great. The hostel is a nice clean place, and the cleaners make sure to keep it clean. Beds are good, I slept really well. And I have noticed, that they are still working on it to make things even better in the hostel then it already is. Food is great, Wi-Fi works perfect and everyone is welcome here. I wish i could stay longer, and I will definitely come back!

• 28th Jul 2015

It was good, but nothing special.

• 25th Jul 2015

This was our first St Christopher's hostel and it was an overall good experience. It's right next to a metro station so it's really easy to find! The atmosphere in the bar was especially good as it operates as an independent bar as well as the hostel bar so there's a good range of tourists and locals - the food is also really cheap and good there! The beds had curtains around them and individual plug sockets next to everyone's bed. The included breakfast was also pretty good. Will recommend!

Amazing location, nice staff and rooms and the WORST showers ever!

I stayed at this hostel a number of years ago and it has become quite rundown. It's in need of a 'coat of paint' and other maintenance. The breakfast was not good at all. The establishment needs to be cleaned more regularly and properly. The showers were difficult to operate.

This hostel is very very good!! Perfect location, staff very nice and great atmosphere. Even if you stay in a very big room with many people, each bed has its own curtains, what makes you feel comfortably in private with all the facilities for light and to charge your phone. The only bad point is that there is no kitchen, but with the 25% of discount given at the bar downstairs it is very cheap to eat a delicious food! I'd stay againagain and recommend!

Beds were extremely comfortable and I particularly liked the curtain for privacy.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds to be comfortable. Our pod dorms are great, adding a little more privacy. We hope you visit us again soon!

Dont put huge lockers at the top in the locker room, you cant lift heavy bags that high above your head.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comments! Our locker room is designed to maximise the amount of lockers we can fit inside this space, we understand and if ever a guest needs some assistance with their bags, our team is always there to lend a helping hand. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! You definitely have to stay here! The rooms are always clean, well layed out and the beds are super comfy. The hostel couldn't be better located in Berlin next to a u-Bahn stop. You'll always have a good night at their bar, Belushi's too. The staff were so much fun and made my time in Berlin that much better, thanks to Reinald esp. I will be back!

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us! We are glad you had such a great time. Our cleaner's and bar staff work very hard to ensure the guests have a clean, comfortable and fun environment to experience Berlin at it's best. We will pass on your praise to Reinald also! Please visit us again soon!

Fantastic atmosphere both for the kick-back and party-goer traveler. The apartments are short walk and a lift from main reception which meant it was quiet at night (definite plus in this funky neighborhood). It is quite literally in front of the U-Bahn stop. Fantastic location - walking distance to the Fernsehturm, Alexanderplatz and Museum Insel. Highly recommended!

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you had such a good stay with us! Our location is a perfect base for exploring Berlin with all the main attractions accessible by foot! Our apartments offer privacy at an affordable price, for those who prefer not to share a dorm with other guests. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Very nice and clean! The staff were friendly and helpful! The main room was roudy, I got hit in the eye with a beer bottle cap from people throwing them around, and the breakfast was lackluster. I very disappointed with the the wifi. If your wifi doesn't work in all the rooms you shouldn't advertise free wifi... Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to read that you experienced our high standard of customer service. We sincerely hope that your eye is okay, being a hostel bar sometimes our patrons can get a little excitable at times, our security guard is good at defusing these situations. We are surprised to read that you found the free breakfast to be lackluster; with bread rolls, cereal, meats, cheeses, muesli, yogurt, fruit, tea, coffee and juice. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

one the best hostels ive stayed at so far! the shared bathroom was always kept clean, and the free breakfast was awesome.

Two fire alarms triggered by drunken guests in the middle of the night, another drunken guest sleeping on the corridor, an shower that was in fact not usable as the temperature could not be regulated below, say, 100 degrees C, a slightly stinking toilet, walls so thin that you could hear your neighbors talking. Maybe it was just bad luck, but that was not a good impression, mostly due to the other guests. The staff was friendly and helpful. But that is also part of the experience.

Thank you for your comments. We apologise that you were awoken by the fire alarms, it was in fact a guest who set them off, who was promptly removed from the hostel by our quick reacting staff. Reception is always available 24 hours a day if guests have any complaints or queries, and are more than happy to help in anyway possible to make everyone's stay a good one. We hope you visit us again soon.

Had a great time and the staff was wonderful! Props to the bartender who let us take pictures with him and his beard.

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are glad you had an excellent stay in Berlin! It's great to read that you had such good experiences with our staff, we will pass on your comments to Chris and his beard. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Everthing was excellent. The only trouble we had, was that outside was 35C and there was no AC in the room and we were not used to it. Aside from that, excellent stay, excellent food and beer for reasonable prices. The location is great too, a few meters from the U station and a few blocks from all the sightseeing.

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. We definitely had a heatwave this Summer, we are lucky it only lasted a few days. though, it is a perfect opportunity to experience some of Berlin's many lakes and parks! Come visit us again soon.

Huge party atmosphere if you're into that. I wanted to just chill during my stay, but that worked well because you can't hear anything in your room even if there's a massive party downstairs. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and I saw them being cleaned almost religiously every morning and every night! I had to cancel one night & it was a seamless, easy process. Would recommend St. Christopher's in Berlin.

• 4th Jul 2015

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you had a great stay with us, our bar is usually pretty chilled during the day and of a night it is bustling with travellers enjoying the Berlin lifestyle. It is a great atmosphere to meet fellow travellers and start your Berlin adventure. We will pass on your praise to the cleaning staff, they work very hard to maintain our high standard of cleanliness throughout the hostel. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us!

The rooms were very hot, however it was 40 degrees so they might be more comfortable to sleep in on cooler days. Good location and good food!

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We did recently have a heatwave in Berlin. It is a great opportunity to experience one of Berlin's many lakes and parks, some just a short tram ride away! We will pass on your praise to the chef's also, I am sure they will appreciate that you enjoyed the food and our guest discounts! Travel safe!

Location is great, probably the best thing about this hostel, and it's really clean. Overall it was a pretty good place, however the dorms get hot at night there's no fan, and staff .. They're not rude, just really bad at their jobs? but they don't have to impact your stay that much, and they seem like nice people just dumb or something I dunno. Personally I didn't vibe the bar, I like clubs loud and bars to be chill and this bar has no chill, but I'm sure some people love it. So it's all g.

great breakfast, lovely staff more kitchen facility would be good

Great location, the train station is at the front door of the hostel. The room was clean but the shower situation was a bit iffy, a bunch of the female showers were undergoing maintenance and a lot of the people I spoke to weren't too comfortable using the unisex (male) showers. The bar down stairs was awesome and I met lots of people at the bar which was perfect as a solo traveler.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7