St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

There was urine in the elevator - informed staff and was received with a sarcastic comment and the urine was in the lift (not cleaned up) for 2 days. Bunk beds were extremely squeaky. Received an email asking me to extend my stay, when asked if I could got turned away. Location was great. Pub always busy so good atmosphere.

Very nice hostel. Good atmosphere. Visitors of very mixed nationalities. Also good mix of different ages. Belushi's was good fun. Loved the live music. Happy hours were good fun.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great location in Mitte, and Belushis bar downstairs is a great place to meet other travelers

Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

It's good for beers. Showers were amazing! There are other places you could stay and just come here to drink and get the same or better experience! Wifi doesn't reach rooms and it's pretty slow but they do show all sports which is a plus

Good fun hostel. Lots going on there!

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a great time!

Cool place and a nice bar downstairs with good food. Sometimes the bar is so packed it can be hard to meet people as a solo traveler. One night I went out and partied into the morning with a bunch of new friends, the next I just wandered the city alone. Would probably be a great place for groups of friends though. Rooms were spacious and clean. Good common bathroom facilities although the second day none of the lights would turn on. Not a bad stay, but I preferred another hostel in Berlin more.

St.Christopher's Inn in Berlin is the best for travellers on a short stay. Located in centre with Metro just opposite the Inn, it has cafes, shopping malls, Hop on Hop off bus centre all nearby. Free breakfast is excellent. However, the lounge at the reception is too crowded and not comfortable for singles or those who just want to lounge around with a book in free time.

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We really appreciate it and we will certainly be using your comments help us improve. In the upstairs section of the bar is our chill-out area, which is a place for our guests to enjoy our free wifi and meet each other where you can get away from the busy bar. We receive many positive comments about the bar but I appreciate that it is not for everyone and we aim to satisfy all the needs of all our guests. We wish you well on your travels!

Our stay at St. Christopher's was awesome! The staff are so amazing and helpful- a BIG thank you to Nat on the bar and Tom on reception for being super friendly. The rooms are great very private, with big lockers under the beds and curtains too. There are a lot of showers with hot water which is a luxury in any hostel. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe!

• 12th Sep 2014

Great location. Great place to meet people. Only thing was it took an hour to check in and we were only second in line. Having the reception at the bar is a bit annoying for guests n staff. No wifi in the rooms was also abut inconvient as you have to go to the bar area to use it.

• 12th Sep 2014

We stayed 3 nights at a room in an apartment (shared bathroom with another couple) and they never cleaned! even after I asked for it and also asked for them to replenish the toilet paper (which they never did). The how water in the shower went from cold to hot every 5 seconds... Didn't like their facilities and service at all.

We really appreciate your feedback and we will certainly be using your comments to develop and improve our services for the benefit our future guests. I can only apologise for the breakdown in communication that led to you having an unsatisfactory stay. I can assure you it is our policy to clean apartments during a guests 3 night stay so that our guests can enjoy the best experience possible. I hope we will one day see you again so we can show you the high level of service we strive to provide.

Stayed in double room, very private and quiet. Big hostel with lots of guests but no noise from the bar etc at night. Located next to metro which is great as you will have to use metro to see tourist spots and explore. Wifi in lobby only but works good even if lots of people are on it like at breakfast.

Thank you for the review. We hope you are enjoying your travels and that you stay with us again here, or in another of our fantastic locations across Europe.

Staff were absolutely fantastic! Helped us out on many occasions and even reunited me with the ipod I left there! No bad things to be said :) also the food is gorgeous!

Thanks for the review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Our guys love their jobs and it really makes their day to know that they've made a difference to somebody's visit, or just left a lasting impression on one of our guests :)

fun place to stay - even for seniors like us - 79 and 84!!!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for the review. It makes us really happy to see that we can satisfy the needs of our all our guests, no matter what age they are. We wish you well and hope we will see you again at some point in the future.

The hostel is really worth its price and reputation. First of all, it's located in Berlin Mitte, the center of Berlin and is easily reachable from the airport. Plus, the metro station is 2 steps from the hostel. We stayed is a 6-bed mixed dorm and met amazing people. The room was spacious, the beds where clean. The included breakfast was ok. We bonded with a lot of people thanks to the bar downstairs.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Thank you for your feedback. It brings a smile to us all to hear that you enjoyed exactly the experience we work very hard to provide our guests. It is our thought as well that our bar with its free wifi and great deals on food and drink is the perfect place for our guests to meet up and have fun ensuring they enjoy their stay with us as much as possible.

It was a great place to stay, the staff very helpful, well done

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Thanks for the review. Hope to see you again soon!

Good if you want to watch afl !!

There is nothing especially "bad" about this hostel- the beds and rooms are great (I especially like the individual curtains on each bed for privacy). Personally I felt the atmosphere of the bar lacking and not at all like the Berlin I wanted. I spent 5 nights there before moving elsewhere to find something less sterile. Breakfast was great.

Thanks for your feedback. We will use your comments to improve our service and therefore the experience of our future guests. We normally however receive much better feedback regarding our bar. The atmosphere in there is great, with lots of our guests taking advantage of our great specials on drinks and food, attending our daily events and meeting up with other guests in order to get the most out of our time here in Berlin!

Atmosphere was good, location also good, however security boxes under beds need oiling, nothing worse than being woken up by a squeaky hinge countless times throughout the night.

Thanks for your feedback. This kind of feedback is really important as it is the only way we can find out things like this. We will get those squeaky hinges oiled a.s.a.p. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Only downside is that, if you're there to be a tourist in Berlin, it's a little trek from Alexanderplatz (the nearest big landmark) to the big Berlin sites and museums/galleries. Easy to address, though, because the underground is literally right outside this hostel. Pluses are the price, the fantastic bar with wifi, really cheap drinks, exciting atmosphere, eager and fun staff, well-cleaned bathrooms, and clean private room with comfortable bed.

Thanks for this great review!

Needs wifi in rooms, it's so loud every night in the bar you can't talk to anyone. Other then that great place to stay!