St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Loved my stay here. I was in a 6 bed dorm female and we had an apartment that was so super spacious it was fantastic. Everything about this place is great I would recommend to anyone

Location is great. The hostel feels more like a hotel with a bar downstairs than anything. It lacks any common areas besides the bar. You do get 25% off at the bar and the food is pretty good so that's convenient. Staff were fine, but nothing to brag about. When I was there almost all of the showers on my floor were out of order... That was very inconvenient. Beds all had curtains in my room, which was really great! No mini lockers for the small important things, just one large one under the bed

It was nice. We had a big room, it was clean and it felt safe. I would say that it has a good value for money, and I would even recommend it. The only downside I can mention is that it is maybe too big, and kinda impersonal. Not cosy at all. I am more fond of that kind of hostel where the treatment is more personal, and you get to interact more with other travelers.

I've stayed in many St. Christopher's hostels and liked them. In Berlin the building in pretty old, not supertidy, but really ok. Curtains in beds creates privacy. Easy to meet people in downstairs bar.

I had a good time in this hostal, the staff so kind and the place is beautiful, you can rest, if you want to drink something with music the bar is perfect, the meat is delicious, 100% recomended.

good location and reasonable price but have to pay for using locker and only can check in after 2 pm. And it was quite loud because of people checkin after midnight and I couldn't sleep.

Only stayed one night and it was great. Wonderful location with lots of little bars and restaurants nearby, dorms were really big with heaps of room, and the free breakfast was amazing! Only negative was the staff were quite rude and seemed to be uninterested in helping us. Would probably stay again just for the free breakky. It was so good. Great value :)

Bar is great downstairs, at first I walked straight passes the hostel as wasn't sure where reception was! While I was staying the a few of the showers were broke, but as long as you timed it well or didn't mine waiting it was fine. Breakfast was so good!

Had a pleasant experience at St. Christopher's Berlin. Really cool that there's a train stop in front of the hostel as it make it easy to get around the big city that is Berlin.

very good would stay again

shower facilities for female was on construction and I had to go down for using it. it was quite uncomfortable.

I can't say that I would recommend this hostel. It's definitely not as nice as the other branches of St. Christopher's Inn. The facilities on my floor were very run down. Mold was growing on the ceiling of the showers, and there were spots unpainted on the walls. (Maybe they're in the middle of renovating?) The wifi was HORRIBLE. The place was filled with 16 and 17 YO students. Good location and average staff.

It's an ok hostel. I was not traveling but I could see that it is not that easy to meet people since it doesnt have a common area or a kitchen it has a big bar though, so if you are traveling solo I suggest you stay somewhere else. Also there were a lot of showers that were out of service and the ones that were working were not that clean the showers were clogged. The good thing about the hostel is its location and its food.

I loved it here! The bar downstairs had great deals for those staying at the hostel and the menu was diverse. You didn't have to go far to have a great time. There is a metro stop right outside, and taxis drive by all the time. The beds were HUGE and comfortable. The bathrooms are outside the mixed dorms and easy to find. There are many friendly locals who come around the bar downstairs and are very willing to give you tips for what to do and are extremely welcoming. The staff was helpful also.

Thank you for your feedback! It is always great to read when guests thoroughly enjoy their stay with us in Berlin! Our bar has awesome discounts for guests as we know how difficult it can be travelling on a budget! We have quite a few regular guests that keep coming back for our fun atmosphere, sport and wicked happy hours! Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Great well located hostel. Staff is great. The bar and restaurant serve amazing food and drinks, free breakfast isn't bad either. Beds have curtains for extra privacy. Only thing is the wifi, which can be spotty in the rooms.

Ive stayed at st christophers 3 times now and each time is a great experience. Highly recommend the place

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad you returned and enjoyed our consistently awesome facilities! Thanks again, we wish you all the best for your travels!

Location is perfect - you step off the metro and are on the hostel's doorstep. Close to all the key areas and anything that's a bit further out is easily accessible by the train. Rooms were big, beds comfortable, pillows a bit lumpy but manageable. Good, friendly atmosphere, great breakfast. Some beds don't have a privacy curtain (my room had none), but that wasn't a problem for me.

Thanks you for leaving a review! We are perfectly located in the city centre, close to all the main attractions and well connected to the rest of Berlin, we know how important it is to be close to all the action! We are always happy to replace any pillows that are uncomfortable, we try to cater for everyone by having a mixture of firm and soft pillows available. Enjoy the rest of your travels and visit us again soon!

I've stayed in Berlin 2x in the past few months, and I won't stay anywhere else. The staff is very helpful and willing to meet your every need, the whole place is very clean, the showers are AMAZING (3-spout rain shower heads), and the bar downstairs is very convenient. The free breakfast is far above average, and the breakfast you can buy is super cheap for the amount of food you receive. I love this hostel! The only complaint I have is the wifi can be poor, so they should get more routers.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thanks for your comments! We are happy to read that you had such an amazing stay with us. We are currently in the process of remodelling all our bathrooms and so far, the guest feedback has been all praises! At busy times the wifi can slow down, we are looking into getting faster connections, but we need to wait for approval from the owners of the building to carryout such renovations. We are glad that you also took advantage of our awesome free breakfast! All the best and see you again soon!

The downstairs bar was ideal. The people who worked there and the people who stayed there were awesome. I highly recommend this hostel

This is probably the best hostel that I've ever stayed at. It's above a bar/restaurant that is cheap and a great place to meet people. Each bed in the rooms has a curtain for privacy, it's own reading light, an electrical socket, and a locker for luggage. The location is right by a metro and in a cool neighborhood. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Bathrooms and rooms were always clean. The only downside was that no male showers were working on my floor. I highly recommend this hostel!