St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

The only thing that I don't like is the showers with the buttons you have to push! Pushing it every 3 seconds to keep it going. First world problem.

wifi only worked in the bar area, so that was a bummer. Good location, I felt safe. The breakfast could be better, but they do offer hand fruit. The check-in staff were a little oblivious at times and needed to be prodded for more info. Also they gave the wrong info to a friend about transport, so she could have missed her train.

Amazing food and drink prices, great atmosphere, great area to eat. Computers available upstairs. Beds are nice rooms are spacious and bathrooms are clean ! STAY HERE shopping is about a 2-5 minute walk and cafes around!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Be sure to visit us again soon.

The wifi is not available in rooms and only available in a bar that is busy, not just guests who was staying there but also with the general public. It makes trying to catch up with friends/family over Skype really difficult.

Wi-Fi should be available in the rooms. The cupboards in the rooms that locked did not fit a carry on bag and no way to lock bags under beds or anything - something that is always preferred in a share room when you are travelling solo for security sake. Overall though the rooms and hostel were excellent.

• 27th Dec 2013

This hostel does not have a kitchen. Although on the other hand it does the most amazing breakfast which is included in the price. Staff were very nice and helpful and it was a good place to meet people.

there were a lot of people in the place where is the reception because it is a pub....so most of them were drunk..lot of noise and loud music....the staff was not so sociable and the rooms were a bit inconvenient..recommended only if u like night life.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry you did not receive the level of customer care our staff normally provide. We often receive great feedback regarding our staff as they are a very sociable bunch from all over the world who are committed to providing the best possible customer experience for our guests. I hope your experience here does not stop you from booking with St Christopher's again in one of our many locations across Europe.

Good location and good breakfast!

One of the best hostels i have stayed in so far. Clean, friendly staff, a nice cozy bar on the ground floor to meet other hostelers and interact. loved the place, definitley recommend it and also i would stay in any other christopher's inn hostel. 100 % satisfaction from me.

Hostel was clean. The breakfast was nice. The only big problem is the WiFi not working in the rooms. Sometimes there were about 5 people sitting in the hall to use it and it`s really not convenient have to go to the bar or hall just to send an e-mail or something like that. Also, the only common area be the bar was a problem for me. Sometimes you just want hang out in a quiet place with your friends or skype someone

I had wonderful two nights there. The privacy of each bed is good.

Perfectly located near Alexanderplatz. Easy to find. Room very clean and quiet, howver the bed is way to short. Did not expect to find a 2 meter bed in Germany. That's more something for Southern Europe. Breakfast, for German standards, close to poor, though the rolls are good. Recommended.

Awesome location and has the best atmosphere

• 17th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

A good hostel. Right above the metro & close walking distance to Alexanderplatz and a decent walk from a heap of tourist sites. The bus from the train station is super easy too. The check in staff and breakfast staff are super friendly, the barstaff aren't as approachable but that seems to be a theme of these reviews. Breakfast is great. Fresh rolls, meats, cheeses, cereal and fruit. A good spread. I'd recommend it. If you're having trouble meeting people, just do the Sandemans Free Walking tour

very poor internet - incredibly slow!

This place was AWESOME! Located right off a metro stop, and super close to everything you want to see. The bar on the ground floor is great and has great specials for those staying at this hostel. The rooms were clean and spacious, and though the bathrooms were a little unusual, they were clean and that's all that matters! I would definitely stay here again and again.

nice pub.its more or less a pub with some rooms above.great atmosphere though.location is awesome also.the showers are the ones that you press the tap to get a few seconds of water.the problem was that a couple of those showers it's 1-2 seconds of water.great for energy conservation,but terrible if you want to enjoy your shower.this shouldn't deter backpackers though,and apart from that everything was rosy.

• 14th Dec 2013

Very very noisy, the walls between the rooms were paper thin and you could hear every time the door opened. You could also hear the music from the bar downstairs which went on quite late. For the whole floor there was only 3 female showers and they weren't warm and you had to press the button every 5 seconds to get more water. Staff seemed more concerned with keeping up their social lives than looking after the hostel guests. Only good thing was the free breakfast.

Thank you for the review. We use customer comments to improve the service we provide. I'm sorry your experience with our staff was not as good as usual. We normally receive very good feedback regarding our staff. The showers are in the process of being renovated and there have been improvements made to them since your stay. I wish you well on your travels, and I am sure you will have a better experience should you choose to stay with us again.

Its a very big hostel in my opinion. I hadn't expected that. everybody from the staff was nice, comfortable bed and in general, I enjoyed my stay there.Although big, i got to meet some people and had a great time there. :)

Not my favorite hostel. The facilities are overall decent (comfortable beds), but the environment was lacking. Yeah, there's a bar, but it's difficult to meet new people as there's not a kitchen/place to hang out. It's always so busy downstairs that it's hard to find a place to sit. Also, you don't know who's actually staying at the hostel and who's just visiting the bar. Staff was cold/unfriendly to the point that we were surprised when someone offered us assistance. Overall mediocre.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We always do our best to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible and we can learn a lot from your experience with us. We have a designated chill out area upstairs in the bar where hostel guests can relax throughout the day and night. Our bar is open to the public, but attracts mostly international English speakers living in Berlin, who we think are great people for our guests to interact with enhancing their experience in this great city.