St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Great place , Very social if you Are travelling alone

My friend and I stayed in a two bedroom room and it was so nice! Best free hostel breakfast. I just wish the heater in our room worked better.

Great location, just seconds away from a U-Bahn station. Staff wasn't the greatest, I actually heard a few of them arguing loudly and found that very unprofessional. Rooms were clean and had lockers available, and the free breakfast was definitely a plus. WiFi is generally not available in the rooms, so you have to go to the bar if you want to get on the internet.

Great location and atmosphere. Facilities could be much better, mainly the showers. I forgot my towel, so I asked at reception if they rent towels, they run out and told me they would have the following morning but they did not.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Amazing hostel, super clean, nice rooms, friendly staff. Close to Alexanderplatz and a metro station just in front of it. Breakfast could do with a bit more variety, but it was ok. Huge public restaurant/bar with live sports. A great place.

best part about this hostel for me is that the beds have their own curtains, lending some much-needed privacy even in the dorms

A bar with rooms. The reception is at the bar, you have to shout to the bartender to check-in. People who stay there are the average teenager making the first trip of their lives without mommy. If you have no common-sense about how to behave in a hostel (e.g. if you don't shut your mouth up while inside the room it doesn't matter what time it is, if you pack at 4 am making all the possible noise, etc), go for it, the place is full of morons like you. Otherwise, just look for somewhere else.

Beds are good , room is somehow big , not that near to Alexanderplatz ( 15 min. Walking distance ) , no common area to meet people from the hostel except the bar which is crowded most of the time from people outside the hostel which is not cool for a solo traveller but if you are a group of people it shouldn't be a problem . No activities except free walking tour . Staff are not so friendly but they are ok ( just doing their job ) .. Generally if i were you i would consider another options ..

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was a room in a big apartment with fully equipped kitchen, living room area and bathroom+toilet. We shared these facilities with a 4 bed female dorm room, so when fully booked it would be 10 girls sharing a toilet and a shower. The apartment was beautiful, clean and spacious and our room even had a little balcony. Breakfast was included and their coffee was really good and everything was spotless clean.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel, very lively atmosphere, has its own bar downstairs. Bit far from the center of Berlin, but the metro stop is literally right outside the front door, so that isn't too big of a problem.

Good location, good dorm setup, no kitchen for budget-minded cooks, nor common room besides the bar. After a chat with bar staff about my ongoing stay as a guest, I was charged full price for food after my guest key was acknowledged and refused to remedy their error, nor offer an alternative, after change was given- "there is nothing we can do". In all fairness, the staff all appear in their 20s and seem preoccupied with other issues at hand. Overall a good choice for a large chain hostel.

The bar was excellent.. As a solo traveller I met loads of cool people. Berlin is a great city and when I return I will definitely be staying at St Christophers Inn

Everything was perfect. Though I would hate to get locked in the showers.

St. Christophers is a rather large hostel, which can be a bit overwhelming, but the place was very clean. I did enjoy the bar downstairs as there were always a lot of people and games to watch. My biggest complaint was that all of the hair dryers on my floor were not working, but I was able to go to another floor to use those. The hostel is also a little far from the main sights, but there is a metro right outside the hostel that can get you anywhere pretty quickly.

You have to stay here if you're in Berlin. The staff are all sound and happy to help and it's near most things to see. No common room but the bar downstairs is where to meet people to go out with. I just wish there was a kitchen but it's still an absolute steal

Pretty good at best. Decent hike to good clubs. Staff was very good but bartenders were horribly slow and bar downstairs was more of a sports bar than a social hall

If I am ever back in Berlin this is where I will stay. Awesome location, it has everything you need and the curtains on the bed were an awesome bonus.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. It's great you thought our location is "awesome". We are in walking distance of many of the main sites with a Ubahn station right outside the door. We know how important it is to be right in the heart of the action! We look forward to your next visit!

The best ! I always get a St Christopher hostels I really recommend for everyone.

Thanks for the review! It's fantastic you like St Christopher's so much, we do too! We have hostels in many different locations across Europe, including Barcelona, London, Paris, Amsterdam and of course Berlin. The next time you visit one of these fantastic locations, we hope you will choose us again!

Perfect Situation, nice staff, loved this hostel!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great you found our staff to be nice. They love their jobs and are committed to making sure our guests get the most out of their time here in Berlin. We wish you well on your travels and hope you will visit us again soon!

The people in the hostel were lovely and very helpful. The location is awesome. One annoying problem is there was only one plug in the whole room to charge stuff. Also the night before I arrived, everyone in my room was robbed by someone not even staying at the hostel, who even broke into lockers, we also discovered it had happened to a few rooms over the week. So security may be an issue. The breakfast in the morning is good and the bar atmosphere is nice if you can deal with American frat boys

• 5th Mar 2015