St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

I´ve stayed 3 nights in the hostel, in one department with shared bathroom. For the price I paid maybe the best option would be an hotel with no shared bathroom and daily cleaning (Ibis and Ibis Budget was with the same price). The hostel is well located. The staff was Ok.

• 23rd May 2015

the dude at the check-in desk with the slicked back blonde hair hangs out at the bar instead of working at the desk and he is very slow. no laundry, ATM, or kitchen. okay location, but not great. at least it was very clean because of the great cleaning staff. the ladders to the top bunks are hard to maneuver and may be considered unsafe.

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you experienced our high level of cleanliness and will be sure to pass on praise to the cleaners. Our reception staff often help out the bar staff in busy times, and we apologise that you felt like the reception processes were slow at this time. To maximise space and overall atmosphere in the bar, we have local facilities marked on our maps such as ATMs and Laundries which are all a short walk away. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

The room (36) was in need of some repairs. There are some humidity stains on the ceiling and the smell of mold as you enter the room is an indicator of that. The bedside lamp cord was a fire hazard, I never turned that lamp on for safety reasons. But all this can be fixed with some minor repairs.

• 21st May 2015
  • Portugal

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us. We really appreciate your feedback and are sorry for the maintenance issues, we will be using your comments to develop and improve our services and facilities for the benefit our future guests.

Great hostel, amazing food and cheap drinks were the highlight of our trip. Thanks for having us

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Our staff try very hard to continually create a fun atmosphere to socialise and meet fellow travellers. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our guest discounts! We look forward to having you visit us again soon!

the bar was fun, and the sound was well-insulated, so even though I had to nap while the pub was PACKED, i slept like a baby

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in the bar! With our fun bar atmosphere, discounts, live music and comfortable rooms, we certainly offer the full experience for all guests! Please visit us again soon!

Great location, just outside of the metro station. Staff were friendly, free breakfast was great.

• 17th May 2015

Thanks for the review! All our staff work very hard to make sure our guests have the best experience possible during their time with us! It's great you had such an awesome time. We hope you will visit us again here in Berlin or at any of our other fantastic locations across Europe!

I really liked the location of this hostel, it is easy to find your way from there, my only complain could be the girl's showers, it was closed so we need to use the unisex showers which are a bit far away from the roomI stayed at. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stancy there.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It was great to read that you enjoyed our central location. It is unfortunate that there was a maintenance issue during your stay, and we apologise that this was an inconvenience. On each floor in our Hostel we do have more than one Female bathroom (as well as Unisex and Male) to cater for all guests. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Bathrooms look like they get cleaned once a day? Given how many people use them, this needs to be more - they were really horrible during our stay, and we were very reluctant to use them.

Thank you for leaving us a review. First of all, it is good to see that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. We have noted the issue with the bathrooms and recently adjusted the cleaning times and number of cleaners to ensure we uphold our St. Christopher's standard. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Breakfast was good- a lot of choices- atmosphere was nice; staff was friendly. No hostel organized activities

The hostel and especially the bathrooms had a general pee smell. Some staff members were a bit rude and impatient with a few guests but the complete opposite to others so not very fair.

pros: good rooms, decent wifi, good security. cons: no common room so forced to drink in the downstairs bar which is harder to meet travellers,bar staff were arrogant and not very friendly. can't fault the location, if you want somewhere to sleep and to be near loads of things in Berlin then this hostel will be fine but if you want to meet people, look elsewhere

I would live here if I could.

No real complaints. It is very much as advertised. It's a bit far away if you arrive in Berlin via the ZOB, but the metro is pretty effective and direct, so it's not a big issue.

Fantastic rooms, probably the best I've stayed in, but the customer service from the staff is so poor I would never stay there again.

• 8th May 2015

Staff was not really nice. I was happy that I just booked only one night. I did not want to stay more. There were so many party animals in our mix dorm so I and another people who stayed same room really could not sleep from 3 am to 5 am after they came back from parties

The hostel is clean and very good located. But the services are very bad. They do not have people to the needs of customers.

The bar downstairs was an added plus! delicious food at great discounts, and we were there for two soccer games which made for a fun atmosphere! the beds were comfortable and bathrooms were fine. we really enjoyed our stay! breakfast was great too!

Need age limits in the rooms

Free breakfast for the win

staff were excellent. gargle was cheap and the bed was very comfortable. great place to stay in berlin

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great you made the most of the bar! It offers our guests 25% off food and great 2 for 1 deals on drinks. We think this makes our bar the perfect place for our guests to meet each other and have a good time even if they are travelling on a tight budget. We wish you well and hope you will come and stay with us again soon!