St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Amazing hostel! Everything was new, clean, nice location. The room was amazing and the beds awsome ! I have never been to such a good hostel. Plus, the St. Christopher's chain of hostel is flawless.

It was a wonderful weekend, meeting so many people! I miss your hostel and wish I could stay longer! Lack of the internet in rooms in the best - at least people are open not just stuck in their "own reality"

This is a great hostel, i highly recommend staying here. If you are looking for a quiet hostel this is probably not the place for you. The bar downstairs is great, with great staff and great food.

Great stay as always at St Christopher's.

Great place to stay in Berlin, very well located. Nice breakfast, nice rooms. Perhaps the only issue is that there's no wifi in the dorms and you have to go down to the bar.

My stay here was pretty average. The atmosphere of the place isn't so good to meet people as as solo traveller, and there isn't really a common room if you don't want to sit in the bar, and WiFi doesn't reach to the rooms. Found staff to be pretty unhelpful, and when I wanted to extend my stay an extra night it was going to cost more than double to do it at the reception desk. Instead I had to sit right by reception and book the extra night online to get the cheaper price!

Thank you for your review. The feedback we receive is a great tool for us in improving the service we provide. We normally get far better feedback about our staff who are there 24/7 for our guests in order to ensure they have the best time possible here. Free WiFi is available the public area where we have a chill-out zone for our guests to enjoy. Our bar is a great place to meet people from all over the world, both travellers and those living here, so you can make the most of this great city!

The only thing that I don't like is the showers with the buttons you have to push! Pushing it every 3 seconds to keep it going. First world problem.

wifi only worked in the bar area, so that was a bummer. Good location, I felt safe. The breakfast could be better, but they do offer hand fruit. The check-in staff were a little oblivious at times and needed to be prodded for more info. Also they gave the wrong info to a friend about transport, so she could have missed her train.

Amazing food and drink prices, great atmosphere, great area to eat. Computers available upstairs. Beds are nice rooms are spacious and bathrooms are clean ! STAY HERE shopping is about a 2-5 minute walk and cafes around!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Be sure to visit us again soon.

The wifi is not available in rooms and only available in a bar that is busy, not just guests who was staying there but also with the general public. It makes trying to catch up with friends/family over Skype really difficult.

Wi-Fi should be available in the rooms. The cupboards in the rooms that locked did not fit a carry on bag and no way to lock bags under beds or anything - something that is always preferred in a share room when you are travelling solo for security sake. Overall though the rooms and hostel were excellent.

• 27th Dec 2013

This hostel does not have a kitchen. Although on the other hand it does the most amazing breakfast which is included in the price. Staff were very nice and helpful and it was a good place to meet people.

there were a lot of people in the place where is the reception because it is a pub....so most of them were drunk..lot of noise and loud music....the staff was not so sociable and the rooms were a bit inconvenient..recommended only if u like night life.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry you did not receive the level of customer care our staff normally provide. We often receive great feedback regarding our staff as they are a very sociable bunch from all over the world who are committed to providing the best possible customer experience for our guests. I hope your experience here does not stop you from booking with St Christopher's again in one of our many locations across Europe.

Good location and good breakfast!

One of the best hostels i have stayed in so far. Clean, friendly staff, a nice cozy bar on the ground floor to meet other hostelers and interact. loved the place, definitley recommend it and also i would stay in any other christopher's inn hostel. 100 % satisfaction from me.

Hostel was clean. The breakfast was nice. The only big problem is the WiFi not working in the rooms. Sometimes there were about 5 people sitting in the hall to use it and it`s really not convenient have to go to the bar or hall just to send an e-mail or something like that. Also, the only common area be the bar was a problem for me. Sometimes you just want hang out in a quiet place with your friends or skype someone

I had wonderful two nights there. The privacy of each bed is good.

Perfectly located near Alexanderplatz. Easy to find. Room very clean and quiet, howver the bed is way to short. Did not expect to find a 2 meter bed in Germany. That's more something for Southern Europe. Breakfast, for German standards, close to poor, though the rolls are good. Recommended.

Awesome location and has the best atmosphere

• 17th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

A good hostel. Right above the metro & close walking distance to Alexanderplatz and a decent walk from a heap of tourist sites. The bus from the train station is super easy too. The check in staff and breakfast staff are super friendly, the barstaff aren't as approachable but that seems to be a theme of these reviews. Breakfast is great. Fresh rolls, meats, cheeses, cereal and fruit. A good spread. I'd recommend it. If you're having trouble meeting people, just do the Sandemans Free Walking tour