St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

I love this place, best hostel there is. The staff at this place is awesome, they do everything for you to make your stay be great. The hostel is a nice clean place, and the cleaners make sure to keep it clean. Beds are good, I slept really well. And I have noticed, that they are still working on it to make things even better in the hostel then it already is. Food is great, Wi-Fi works perfect and everyone is welcome here. I wish i could stay longer, and I will definitely come back!

• 28th Jul 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy that you had such an excellent stay with us, it is always nice know that we have created the perfect Berlin experience for a guest! We appreciate your comments, please visit us again soon.

Was very nice atmosphere, I could enjoy my life With new people! It hostal is clean the staff is very friendly, they help me in anything.

I couldn't think of one bad thing to say about this hostel!!! My stay was absolutely perfect, I was helped constanly by members of staff, in particular Amy, Jen and joe. Who helped me endlessley with questions in regards to where to go and what I should see aways with a smile on their face. They made this stay one in a million and one I will for sure never forget!! He atmosphere in the bar of the hostel was fun and charismatic. Easily the bet time I have had on this trip sk far!!!

It was good, but nothing special.

Thank you for your comments, it is disappointing to read that you did not have the best possible time with us in Berlin, we are currently working on new ways to bring guests together with hostel meet and greet nights, we appreciate your comments and hope that you visit us again to see our improvements!

Awesome hostel. So fun! Great atmosphere and staff. Close walk to Alexanderplatz and easy to get to by transit.

This was our first St Christopher's hostel and it was an overall good experience. It's right next to a metro station so it's really easy to find! The atmosphere in the bar was especially good as it operates as an independent bar as well as the hostel bar so there's a good range of tourists and locals - the food is also really cheap and good there! The beds had curtains around them and individual plug sockets next to everyone's bed. The included breakfast was also pretty good. Will recommend!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It is always great to see when a guest's first St. Christopher's experience is a great one! We are centrally located, close to all the sites and attractions. Our pod dorms offer added privacy and comfort, which is important when staying in large dormitories. We appreciate your comments and hope you will return soon!

Amazing location, nice staff and rooms and the WORST showers ever!

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our amazing location and that our staff created a great Berlin experience with you! We are currently renovating our bathrooms, section by section. Some of the bathrooms have not yet been started, but guests are more than welcome to use the showers down other hallways and also of the other floors of the hostel. Once all of the renovations are complete, we are confident that guests will love our new facilities! Enjoy your travels!

Really fun place and easy to meet people with the bar downstairs. Ensuite rooms were much larger than expected. Location wasn't the best, but really close to the Rosa-Luxemburg platz, so it was easy to get around and there were a bunch of restaurants and grocery stores nearby. Staff was really friendly and helpful too.

I stayed at this hostel a number of years ago and it has become quite rundown. It's in need of a 'coat of paint' and other maintenance. The breakfast was not good at all. The establishment needs to be cleaned more regularly and properly. The showers were difficult to operate.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are currently renovating the hostel section by section, and are excited to see the new changes, it is surprising that you did not enjoy our free breakfast with the variety of cereals, muesli, toast, rolls, hot drinks, juices, meats, cheeses and fruit. We do try to cater for everyone's taste, and for those who prefer a hot breakfast we offer guest discounts on our breakfast menu. We hope you return soon to see all of our improvements!

This hostel is very very good!! Perfect location, staff very nice and great atmosphere. Even if you stay in a very big room with many people, each bed has its own curtains, what makes you feel comfortably in private with all the facilities for light and to charge your phone. The only bad point is that there is no kitchen, but with the 25% of discount given at the bar downstairs it is very cheap to eat a delicious food! I'd stay againagain and recommend!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are very pleased that you had a great time with us in Berlin. Our pod dorms are great for offering guests added privacy, we know how important it is for guests to feel comfortable when sharing a large dorm. It is unfortunate that we do not have a guest kitchen, but we do try to make up for this by offering guests awesome discounts on food and drinks in the bar! We hope you will visit us again soon.

Beds were extremely comfortable and I particularly liked the curtain for privacy.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds to be comfortable. Our pod dorms are great, adding a little more privacy. We hope you visit us again soon!

Under Info tab they specify a deposit but not the key deposit that they demand at the time of check-in. The staff only verbally tells you that it will be refunded at the time of check-out. They didn't return mine because I checked out 20mins late at about 11:20. I was told I could not claim ignorance of the rule re consequence of late check-out bcoz a citizen can't claim ignorance of law! (in a contractual matter?!) But I wasn't offered any compensation for delay caused by their faulty lockers.

Dont put huge lockers at the top in the locker room, you cant lift heavy bags that high above your head.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comments! Our locker room is designed to maximise the amount of lockers we can fit inside this space, we understand and if ever a guest needs some assistance with their bags, our team is always there to lend a helping hand. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! You definitely have to stay here! The rooms are always clean, well layed out and the beds are super comfy. The hostel couldn't be better located in Berlin next to a u-Bahn stop. You'll always have a good night at their bar, Belushi's too. The staff were so much fun and made my time in Berlin that much better, thanks to Reinald esp. I will be back!

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us! We are glad you had such a great time. Our cleaner's and bar staff work very hard to ensure the guests have a clean, comfortable and fun environment to experience Berlin at it's best. We will pass on your praise to Reinald also! Please visit us again soon!

Fantastic atmosphere both for the kick-back and party-goer traveler. The apartments are short walk and a lift from main reception which meant it was quiet at night (definite plus in this funky neighborhood). It is quite literally in front of the U-Bahn stop. Fantastic location - walking distance to the Fernsehturm, Alexanderplatz and Museum Insel. Highly recommended!

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you had such a good stay with us! Our location is a perfect base for exploring Berlin with all the main attractions accessible by foot! Our apartments offer privacy at an affordable price, for those who prefer not to share a dorm with other guests. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Very nice and clean! The staff were friendly and helpful! The main room was roudy, I got hit in the eye with a beer bottle cap from people throwing them around, and the breakfast was lackluster. I very disappointed with the the wifi. If your wifi doesn't work in all the rooms you shouldn't advertise free wifi... Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to read that you experienced our high standard of customer service. We sincerely hope that your eye is okay, being a hostel bar sometimes our patrons can get a little excitable at times, our security guard is good at defusing these situations. We are surprised to read that you found the free breakfast to be lackluster; with bread rolls, cereal, meats, cheeses, muesli, yogurt, fruit, tea, coffee and juice. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

one the best hostels ive stayed at so far! the shared bathroom was always kept clean, and the free breakfast was awesome.

Two fire alarms triggered by drunken guests in the middle of the night, another drunken guest sleeping on the corridor, an shower that was in fact not usable as the temperature could not be regulated below, say, 100 degrees C, a slightly stinking toilet, walls so thin that you could hear your neighbors talking. Maybe it was just bad luck, but that was not a good impression, mostly due to the other guests. The staff was friendly and helpful. But that is also part of the experience.

Thank you for your comments. We apologise that you were awoken by the fire alarms, it was in fact a guest who set them off, who was promptly removed from the hostel by our quick reacting staff. Reception is always available 24 hours a day if guests have any complaints or queries, and are more than happy to help in anyway possible to make everyone's stay a good one. We hope you visit us again soon.

Had a great time and the staff was wonderful! Props to the bartender who let us take pictures with him and his beard.

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are glad you had an excellent stay in Berlin! It's great to read that you had such good experiences with our staff, we will pass on your comments to Chris and his beard. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Everthing was excellent. The only trouble we had, was that outside was 35C and there was no AC in the room and we were not used to it. Aside from that, excellent stay, excellent food and beer for reasonable prices. The location is great too, a few meters from the U station and a few blocks from all the sightseeing.

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. We definitely had a heatwave this Summer, we are lucky it only lasted a few days. though, it is a perfect opportunity to experience some of Berlin's many lakes and parks! Come visit us again soon.