St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Awesome place to stay. Would highly recommend!

• 5th Aug 2014

Nice place. Nice breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Beds were plenty comfortable and the free breakfast in the morning of rolls with a large selection of jams, cereal, fruit, and fresh coffee was perfect. The restaurant had the best potato wedges I've ever and, and a large sauce selection, including sweet chili sauce, which is very important to me and my travel companion. We were a little upset that we couldn't sit in the back courtyard but later on when we saw the mice we realized why. Belushi the cat?

I had a really good and enjoyable stay at the St Christopher's Berlin hostel. The staff were helpful and friendly, the place had a nice buzz to it, and you can't beat having a subway station bang on the doorstep. I was in a very spacious and comfortable room which had good facilities like bedside lamps, mirrors and a table and chairs. The downsides are that the common areas were a bit dirty, the sockets didn't work properly, and the lockers weren't at all safe.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Plenty of space in the dorm, lockers in the room and located right in the centre. Only problem was you can only get wifi in the bar downstairs and it is so frustratingly slow! Means you spend too long trying to research future travel plans raster than relaxing with a beer!

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay

Location by the metro is nice, staff was friendly. Nice to be above a bar but there could have been more done to help people meet each other and their pub crawl started far to early. Otherwise it was a good place to stay, rooms were clean, mirrors in each room, never waited for a shower or toilet. Overall good stay!

I love St Christopher's hostels! Lots of fun. Had a great stay

Need to sort out wifi in rooms and aircon

• 31st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel was good in terms of location and security. Guests weren't as sociable as some of the other hostels but the atmosphere was still there. I would advise bringing big padlocks for the lockers because our basic ones didn't fit and we had to buy some from reception. Staff were knowledge which was helpful. Definitely do the free city walk too.

Thanks for the review. We hope you will stay with us again in the future

Great hostel! Nice location right by the u bahn stop! Everyone was very friendly and the bar had a great atmosphere! Was traveling by myself and met so many great people! Only downside was no internet in the rooms but forced you into the common areas more so not that bad unless you really had to work.

• 31st Jul 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Wifi in the rooms is on the way ;-)

This hostel made me realize why most hostels don't allow group bookings. In a 10 bed room were two of us and 8 other people that were together. Let's just say we got absolutely no sleep. That was a personal reason my time at this hostel wasn't great. Also wifi is only available at the bar which turns into a huge party at night. Not ideal for wanting to get on my computer at night. I feel it's almost a requirement that wifi should be available in rooms. Definitely a huge party hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Our staff are here 24/7 and are always available to help our guests get the most out of their stay. In a situation where roommates are being noisy such as the one you have described, we would deal with it as soon as we found out. Even with regular patrols we cant be everywhere all the time. Its important to us that all our guests get a good nights sleep and have a great experience when they choose to stay at St Christopher's.

Bar food and deals are really good and met some great people there.

Thanks for the review. We hope you will choose St Christopher's again in the future!

Extremely noisy atmosphere; it's a great place to party and enjoy yourself but i don't think I got a single night's good sleep. You can hear the music and shouting from the bar from both the dorm rooms AND the apartments. Most nights you couldn't get to sleep until 2am-3am. I will never stay here again due to the constant noise.

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal that all our guests have a great time but also, very importantly, a good nights sleep. We do patrol the hallways regularly to control the noise level but we cant be there all the time. Whenever we are made aware of noise problems we deal with it immediately in order to ensure our guests get a restful nights sleep. We wish you well on your future travels!

Love this place! Great location, right next to the metro. It was fun and the staff were very accommodating!

Good hostel and fun environment. Wasn't the cleanest and it was annoying to not have wifi in the rooms.

I had a great stay at Saint Cristophers inn. I would recomned staying here. I found it easy to meet fellow travellers and had alot in common with most. Although i am a mature traveller of 32 and the age group is early to mid twenties they made me feel welcone and not too old. Also there are cutains on the beds that give you excellent privacy.

Super noisy on street lasting hours after closing time. Rooms are super hot/sweaty in summer. If you open the windows at night you get the noise. Showers either, have no hot water, leak everywhere, have no ventilation so it's actually a steam room, falling off the wall. Rather then put wifi in the rooms it's only in the bar to increase beer sales Nothing left for the last 30min of breakfast. No pride of ownership showing. Obviously don't care to know about things like the showers.

POOR PLACE!! I'll omit things like noisy nights (drunk teenagers partying all over etc) or breakfast on sticky bar tables, because that is potentially up to personal prefs. Bad things: - they charged us additional 5% (tax for tourists) despite it was stated that the price includes all taxes. that 5% makes difference when your booking is for 7 nights! - mens showers on our floor were "under construction". yet no construction was happening there. - dirty showers made my foot mycoses!!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. The Berlin city tax is added from Berlin and will be applied to all bookings made after 1/1/14. I am sorry you were not aware of it. The showers are indeed under construction, I am sorry they were not completed during your stay. I hope you will try us again in the future.

The hostel is very near Alexanderplatz and in a district where there is a lot of bars and so it is easy to go out. It is a very big hostel and every morning the cleaning ladies make a lot of noise so it's impossible to sleep. The toilets were not always clean. No real common room to meet people from the hostel.

I thought everything was fine except the lack of AC and no WIFI in the rooms.

Thanks for the feedback. It can get hot in Berlin in the summer but as it is only for 4 weeks or so not many places have AC. WiFi in the rooms is on the way. I Hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Berlin