St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Not my favorite hostel. The facilities are overall decent (comfortable beds), but the environment was lacking. Yeah, there's a bar, but it's difficult to meet new people as there's not a kitchen/place to hang out. It's always so busy downstairs that it's hard to find a place to sit. Also, you don't know who's actually staying at the hostel and who's just visiting the bar. Staff was cold/unfriendly to the point that we were surprised when someone offered us assistance. Overall mediocre.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We always do our best to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible and we can learn a lot from your experience with us. We have a designated chill out area upstairs in the bar where hostel guests can relax throughout the day and night. Our bar is open to the public, but attracts mostly international English speakers living in Berlin, who we think are great people for our guests to interact with enhancing their experience in this great city.

In a great location, just steps from the metro; super convenient for getting home, day or night. Although the bar it is connected to is cool, it is hard to tell if the people there are staying in the hostel or just stopping by to watch sports, not the best for meeting people. No wifi in the rooms was especially irritating in this hostel because the only common area is the bar. Staff were nice, but nothing to rave about. Not the best place to meet people or best party hostel in Berlin.

would be better if there was wi-fi access in the rooms

Very nice place to stay, few minutes from Alexander platz. Very clean, quite comfy beds for hostel, tasty breakfast. U bahn station just outside. Big disadvantage - you can't pay by card, cash only.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Poland

Great atmosphere and good food. The staff is nice and helpful, the bar is great, love the discount on food and drinks. Location is good, the dormitories are big, the beds are good but sometimes it looked like they didn't change the bedlinen. I found hair and stains in one of the beds. Also, the beds are numbered, and I got a bed that was already taken. Just male sure you get the right bed, otherwise people will just move your stuff when you're not there.

I absolutely loved my stay here. I planed on staying only one night but ended up staying 6. Its clean, has the best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed at. It has a free breakfast buffet, hot showers, friendly staff. I cant wait to come back.

I order the wrong time!!! omg!!!

This wasn't one of my favorite hostels. Wifi is only available in the common area, which is a very popular bar/restaurant. There wasn't a kitchen or quieter common area (and if there was, I wasn't aware because they never mentioned either of those places existing). Beds were amazing, though. Big and comfortable. Staff weren't friendly, except with each other and paying customers at Belushi's Bar.

Enjoyed my stay with St. Christopher's as usual - unfortunately a couple of bar staff let it down just a little by overcharging.

Close enough to the train station, about half an hour walk to Brandeburger Gate. The bar downstairs is very cool but you tend to find a lot of locals in there too so it wasn't so easy to meet people. It would have been nice if the hostel had organised some activities, ie walking tour or even a pub crawl on the weekend to make it a bit easier for people traveling alone.

I would say is a very good hostel, everything is very clean and the location is top notch, my onlu complain is that the bathrooms don´t have heating.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Venezuela

Awesome hostel! Is located right next to a major U-Bahn line, the rooms were really nice, and the free breakfast was way better compared to what I was expecting. Would definitely recommend this place to any friends going to Berlin!

• 14th Nov 2013

Great place to stay! The only thing is that there's no kitchen so it can be a problem for longer stay... Otherwise I strongly recommend it!

In 4.5 months I visited Berlin 6 times and stayed at St Christopher's the majority of those visits. Each time we walked through the door the staff remembered us and tried to convince us to stay longer. Somebody please get me a job at this place. Everything is awesome.

The hostel is very easy to access, the Rosa-Luxemburg Strasse subway station is exactly at the front of the hostel door, giving you wasy access to the rest of the city too! If you like walking tours, the hostel is located very near the main areas at the center of the City. The atmosphere is nice, with a bar and a restaurant where you can eat and drink every night and chat with the other guests. The staff is very helpful and can give you some nice tips to explore better the city. Great hostel!

Best hostel in the world, possibly.

This is a bar with a hostel, and not the other way round. The room was depressing and the beds not comfortable. Party hostel with drunk people making noise at night in the halls. Staff not very helpful.

One of the best places I've ever stayed! Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Comfy beds that offer much privacy with a curtain, even in a 16 bed dorm! Spacious lockers provided. Great location near to Alex, metro station in front of the door. The bar is really cool to hang out and meet cool people. Reasonable prices and good deals. I would definitely stay there again and can highly recomment this place to every traveller!

Very large hostel. Minimal atmosphere but good facilities. Not much of a common room so it's difficult to meet people. Similar to all of the St Christophers really. Super cheap drinks but..

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it completely surpassed all of my expectations. The rooms were really spacious and clean and even though I was in a room with 15 other people it was quite private if you wanted it to be. The bathrooms and showers were very nice. The staff was not the friendliest and it was as if we were bothering them if we had a question and that wasn't very pleasant. The common area and bar were nice but were quite loud and rowdy most of the time.