St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

LOVE St Christophers Hostel and this did not disappoint. Great place to meet new friends, awesome bar with cheap drinks and live music and perfect location! Staff are super friendly and its super clean. The only downside is there is no wifi in the rooms, but you're in BERLIN! Who needs wifi!!

By far one of the best hostels I stayed at during my trip. So easy to meet people here, they have a great bar downstairs and the atmosphere and people staying at this hostel were great. The bathrooms were okay… could have been a bit cleaner but definitely not the worst I've seen. Breakfast of tea/coffee/ cereals, toasts, meats and cheeses was included which was nice. The bar is also a restaurant so you can order food (typical bar food and burgers) whenever you want (or until the kitchen closes).

The hostel has a great vibe, specially with the bar downstairs. Great breakfast included on the proce. Cool neighboirhood, Berlin is a big city but this is a really good location, right next to a subway and few blocks away from Alexanderplatz. Only one thing I'd change: the shared showers work with a pressed button like the ones on public restrooms, so they turn off every 2 minutes until you press them again.

Superb location, great atmosphere and the free breakfast was welcoming. Wifi however was basically non existent unless used in the middle of the night and €15 for pool? Come on! No wonder I never saw anyone playing..

When I checked in I was told there was a double booking so I was moved to a female 'oasis'. The room was clean and spacious however some of the lockers were broken or had random locks with nothing inside. There was also a private kitchen just outside the room. Hostel is in the perfect location, close to Alexanderplatz. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere. Breakfast is included - always a bonus. There is pick up from the hostel for the free walking tour, which I highly recommend.

This hostel serves up some great food at Belushi's and I liked the lockbox underneath each bed that made it very safe and secure. Overall, this hostel has more of an atomsphere of being a bar first and a hostel second. It can be harder to meet people than at other hostels since most are traveling in groups and the common area upstairs isn't a really popular place to hang out. Breakfast was decent, the iced tea tasted like kombucha and was quite good. Includes bread, meats, cereals, toast.

Great place, I'd stay there again for sure.

This Hostel have all you want! Nice rooms with a locker to store your things! Downstairs you have a greate bar and staff! Have nothing to do? Ask them and they give you greate advices! This place makes you feel welcome and you have greate offers in the bar! And 25% off the food! Bigburgers and sandwich so you can keep on going all night long! Live at this pleace and you fall in love with Berlin even more! The staff is funny, loving and can always bring a smile on you face! Try it feel it love it

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

awesome staff! and that is all that matters. thank you guys for everything.

Nice hostel, would recommend it to others.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

Great atmosphere, subway station in front of the hostel. I had a great time !

Awesome place to stay. Would highly recommend!

• 5th Aug 2014

Nice place. Nice breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Beds were plenty comfortable and the free breakfast in the morning of rolls with a large selection of jams, cereal, fruit, and fresh coffee was perfect. The restaurant had the best potato wedges I've ever and, and a large sauce selection, including sweet chili sauce, which is very important to me and my travel companion. We were a little upset that we couldn't sit in the back courtyard but later on when we saw the mice we realized why. Belushi the cat?

I had a really good and enjoyable stay at the St Christopher's Berlin hostel. The staff were helpful and friendly, the place had a nice buzz to it, and you can't beat having a subway station bang on the doorstep. I was in a very spacious and comfortable room which had good facilities like bedside lamps, mirrors and a table and chairs. The downsides are that the common areas were a bit dirty, the sockets didn't work properly, and the lockers weren't at all safe.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Plenty of space in the dorm, lockers in the room and located right in the centre. Only problem was you can only get wifi in the bar downstairs and it is so frustratingly slow! Means you spend too long trying to research future travel plans raster than relaxing with a beer!

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay

Location by the metro is nice, staff was friendly. Nice to be above a bar but there could have been more done to help people meet each other and their pub crawl started far to early. Otherwise it was a good place to stay, rooms were clean, mirrors in each room, never waited for a shower or toilet. Overall good stay!

I love St Christopher's hostels! Lots of fun. Had a great stay

Need to sort out wifi in rooms and aircon

• 31st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel was good in terms of location and security. Guests weren't as sociable as some of the other hostels but the atmosphere was still there. I would advise bringing big padlocks for the lockers because our basic ones didn't fit and we had to buy some from reception. Staff were knowledge which was helpful. Definitely do the free city walk too.

Thanks for the review. We hope you will stay with us again in the future