St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Super noisy on street lasting hours after closing time. Rooms are super hot/sweaty in summer. If you open the windows at night you get the noise. Showers either, have no hot water, leak everywhere, have no ventilation so it's actually a steam room, falling off the wall. Rather then put wifi in the rooms it's only in the bar to increase beer sales Nothing left for the last 30min of breakfast. No pride of ownership showing. Obviously don't care to know about things like the showers.

POOR PLACE!! I'll omit things like noisy nights (drunk teenagers partying all over etc) or breakfast on sticky bar tables, because that is potentially up to personal prefs. Bad things: - they charged us additional 5% (tax for tourists) despite it was stated that the price includes all taxes. that 5% makes difference when your booking is for 7 nights! - mens showers on our floor were "under construction". yet no construction was happening there. - dirty showers made my foot mycoses!!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. The Berlin city tax is added from Berlin and will be applied to all bookings made after 1/1/14. I am sorry you were not aware of it. The showers are indeed under construction, I am sorry they were not completed during your stay. I hope you will try us again in the future.

The hostel is very near Alexanderplatz and in a district where there is a lot of bars and so it is easy to go out. It is a very big hostel and every morning the cleaning ladies make a lot of noise so it's impossible to sleep. The toilets were not always clean. No real common room to meet people from the hostel.

I thought everything was fine except the lack of AC and no WIFI in the rooms.

Thanks for the feedback. It can get hot in Berlin in the summer but as it is only for 4 weeks or so not many places have AC. WiFi in the rooms is on the way. I Hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Berlin

Close to Alexander Platz, very good hostel, friendly staff, good beds with curtains!!! :-) (Showers not super Clean but could be worst)

Thanks for the review. I am glad you had a great time

Hostel was great. Showers perfect, room nice size, location brilliant. Only problem was I was forced to move rooms between my two nights booked. I had purposely booked two nights so I could wind down from a long tour and was planning on sleeping the entire middle day but didn't have a room from 11-230. Was told to come back at 2 to get my new room but it wasn't ready. Wifi could have been better in rooms.

This hostel was quite expensive when I booked it and I was throughly dissapointed in almost every aspect of it. The staff were highly unfriendly and seemed to care little about helping guests. The rooms had little to no ventilation and the bathrooms were quite dirty. I was extremely dissapointed in this place and will not stay here again.

• 12th Jul 2014

Firstly, thank you for taking time to give us some feedback. Sorry you did not have the best experience with us. It is a great shame that you felt the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. We often receive far better feedback regarding them. Their knowledge of the city is second to none and they are usually more than willing to help out our guests. Enjoy the rest of your travels

It can get kinda hot in the dorms and too bad wifi doesn't work in the dorms. Other than that, great hostel with a great atmosphere.

Glad you had a good time. Getting WiFi in the rooms is something we are working on. Summer in Berlin can be very hot, I am glad you still enjoyed yourself

enjoyed my stay. great bar and restaurant facilities, very close (15 meters) to the metro station, showers and toilets were mostly clean and there were enough not to have to wait. staff were helpful, but not very friendly.

I'm sorry you felt our staff were not very friendly. We normally get much better feedback regarding the staff, and I hope this wont stop you staying with us again in the future

Really great hostel with super friendly staff! I got to stay in one of the "oasis" rooms and it had a private shower only used by girls which was really fantastic! Definitely a very cool vibe, tends to attract really friendly people, and if somehow you find yourself alone, amazing deals on drinks will somehow cheer you up :) As for the wifi not being very available in the rooms, personally, I thought it was good!, It brought people together at the bar/reception ;) Would go back anytime!

• 9th Jul 2014

Thanks for the review. Sounds like you got the most out of your time here. I hope we will see you again in the future :-)

Great hostel, good location and easy to find. Staff were all really helpful and the place had a good atmosphere. Rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean & tidy.

NO WIFI in rooms! :(

Loved it!

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a great time!

No common room. Cheap food and happy hr was a bonus. Train stop right out the front

thanks for the review. We have a chill-out area with couches in the upstairs area of the bar. We think this is a great place for our guests to socialise with each other, where they can also take advantage of the free WiFi and also the great offers on food and drink in our bar. Hope you will stay with us again in the future!

The piles of human waste in the toilets my first night were alarming. Stressed out staff dealing with absent management. No cold water! Scalding hot water coming out of showers and taps. Second day toilets flushed but most showers closed for repairs.

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes problems like the ones you encountered in the toilets are unavoidable. A solution was however quickly found and the toilets were in order again shortly after the staff were made aware of it. Unfortunately some of our showers were closed as they were being renovated. I'm sorry you did not have the best experience with us and hope you will try us again in the future.

St. Christopher is great...one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Eveything was very good: breaksfast, location, staff, cleanliness, rooms...the only thing that could be improved is to have wifi in the rooms, but besides that, I have no complains. I totally recommend this hostel!

Thanks for the great review.

The staff didn't speak English well, so it was hard to ask questions and get answers. They did not go out of their way to help you or try to be friendly. The downstairs is a giant bar, which can get pretty packed (we were there during World Cup). We had an apartment which was big and clean with a kitchen. Good location with the metro directly in front of the building.

Everything was lovely, though I stayed just for the day - great location in the center, awesome pub in the hostel itself, very lively, cool staff and nice clean rooms :) cool bar deals as well!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Israel

Thanks for the awesome review.

The place is cool, but the bathrooms were dirty and the bartender is not nice/polite at all

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I'm sorry you did not have the best experience with us here in Berlin. We normally receive much better feedback regarding our staff. I'm sorry you did not see eye to eye with one member of our staff, our guys love their job are all committed to providing a high level of customer service. I hope your experience here does not stop you staying with us again at another of our locations across Europe.

Great hostel with an awesome bar underneath it. They drink specials and friendly atmosphere make this place. Easy to meet people and in a great location as well.

Thanks for your review, I am glad you had such a great time with us here in Berlin!