St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

No kitchen, bar downstairs is cool but expensive. Its not really a hostel for meeting people as no common areas, dorms are very cramped. St Christophers Paris is far better.

St Christopher's could be an amazing hostel chain if their staff had the same attitude as most other hostel staff in smaller hostels in eu. The hostel itself is fantastic; showers are hot and have great pressure, beds are super compfy and private (with a curtain) and they each have bed lights and power or USB ports. Breakfast is decent but each morning the staff would clear it early. Also, my room got changed half way through my stay which was really inconvenient and you have to pay for lockers.

I was very pleased with this hostel. The staff at the bar were especially friendly and welcoming. My only complaint was that I was asked to change rooms to make room in the middle of my stay for a group that have booked the room. It was a hassle, but definitely not a deal breaker. Other than that, it was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is staying in Berlin.

• 14th Oct 2015

I was very impressed by the willingness of staff to accommodate my requests regarding phone and bus ticket printing. Also, they kept an eye on my laptop computer while I was eating breakfast.

• 14th Oct 2015

The location was good, the bar downstairs is nice and has a good atmosphere, it's clean and the breakfast is really nice! The staff at check in were really nice and helpful (the bar staff not so much). My only complaints were they have no luggage room, so you have to pay for a locker. And I'd booked a bed in the 16 bed dorm, but when I arrived they "upgraded" me to a 6 bed dorm. I asked to be changed back but they couldn't, which was annoying, but they gave me a free meal to make up for

I'm glad I booked at this hostel rather than one close to the train station. I don't think I would have seen so much of Berlin otherwise. everything was in waking distance and the bar/ pub had a good atmosphere

Great location, very good showers, good breakfast. Perhaps just missing a guest kitchen and laundry service to have absolutely everthing. The bar downstairs seems pretty good since its crowded every day, beer 0.5L is €3.80 (cash only), they have other good deals, you get a 25% discount on food. There r usb ports to charge ur devices which is very convenient. I recommend st christophers 100% and I wish there was one in every place I visit.

I had a great stay here! Would defiantly recommend. I was able to meet other travelers, the bar was very social. The staff was friendly, place was clean, and located right next to the U bahn!

Nice hostel near Alexander Platz and so the monuments of Berlin. Good hostel with a bar to have some drinks but I would recommend Sunflower Hostel if you want to party! And go to Burgermeiester!!!! Best burger ever!!!

I had a great stay in St. Christopher's. The hostel has a great environment. Its very clean; all facilities are good and in working condition. There is a nice breakfast in the morning. The bar downstairs is great, and offers discount on food for residents. 2 suggestions for the management: they should provide bigger lockers, with locks (like they do in St. Christopher's in Barcelona) and they should openly post hours for breakfast and food availability in the bar.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Pakistan

Lovely little hostel. No kitchen but the bar downstairs offers discount to guests and the food was so cheap and really yummy. Best ciabatta I've ever eaten!! :)

My kindlefire and my charger was stolen on the day of my checkout. The cleaning staff told me 3 different stories about how they found my charger and not my kindle, and then they told me that my charger disappeared again ...while he try to call someone, the manager on duty did not care about what happened to me. I knew all the people on my room so I can only suspect about the staff... although I cannot prove anything, don't stay here if you value your belongings.

Great hostel! Got everything! Reasonable prices and good distance to the centre. Only thing is you have to pay for lockers where most other hostels offer this service free!

Booked for 4 nights, a staff member didn't inform me that I had to move dorms after the first night - I had been downgraded to another 8 person dorm, but without the comfy matresses, curtains on each bunk and cage lockers, I know these things happen and it's easy to over-book a hostel, but please get your staff to inform us if you need to change rooms. The wifi can drop in and out, maybe make it password protected for those that are staying in the hostel, and not just drinking at the bar

Great location right near the subway station, as well as walking distance to all the central sights. I was in a 12 bed dorm but the setup meant it didn't seem like there were that many people there. The bathrooms weren't very nice - only 2 female toilets on our floor and also only 2 showers for everyone (unisex), which I didn't think looked that clean. I also didn't like that the only common area was the bar, however the free breakfast was really good!

Awesome Hostel, If you go to Berlin choose this Hostel!!!

Excellent location! I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm which was massive and had everything you needed. Downstairs is cool but it's the only social area (it's a bar). Most of the staff are awesome! some are rude and put themselves first, including at the bar. But I definitely recommend the stay.

That was very good hostel. They created one very simple and very useful thing - beds with curtains. So girls don't need to go to the toilet to change their clouthes.

The best in Berlin I visited, got free breakfast and the rooms were big with curtain partition, every bed has its own power socket and reading light. There's a nice bar and restaurant downstairs, WiFi was good. Will recommend this hostel.

Nice beds and showers, but the only common room they have is a sports bar and restaurant. If you're into that, you'll love it, but if you aren't, it's probably best to find somewhere else.

• 1st Oct 2015