St Christopher's Berlin Reviews

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 39-41, Berlin, Germany

Great location, just outside of the metro station. Staff were friendly, free breakfast was great.

• 17th May 2015

Thanks for the review! All our staff work very hard to make sure our guests have the best experience possible during their time with us! It's great you had such an awesome time. We hope you will visit us again here in Berlin or at any of our other fantastic locations across Europe!

I really liked the location of this hostel, it is easy to find your way from there, my only complain could be the girl's showers, it was closed so we need to use the unisex showers which are a bit far away from the roomI stayed at. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stancy there.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It was great to read that you enjoyed our central location. It is unfortunate that there was a maintenance issue during your stay, and we apologise that this was an inconvenience. On each floor in our Hostel we do have more than one Female bathroom (as well as Unisex and Male) to cater for all guests. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Bathrooms look like they get cleaned once a day? Given how many people use them, this needs to be more - they were really horrible during our stay, and we were very reluctant to use them.

Thank you for leaving us a review. First of all, it is good to see that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. We have noted the issue with the bathrooms and recently adjusted the cleaning times and number of cleaners to ensure we uphold our St. Christopher's standard. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Breakfast was good- a lot of choices- atmosphere was nice; staff was friendly. No hostel organized activities

The hostel and especially the bathrooms had a general pee smell. Some staff members were a bit rude and impatient with a few guests but the complete opposite to others so not very fair.

pros: good rooms, decent wifi, good security. cons: no common room so forced to drink in the downstairs bar which is harder to meet travellers,bar staff were arrogant and not very friendly. can't fault the location, if you want somewhere to sleep and to be near loads of things in Berlin then this hostel will be fine but if you want to meet people, look elsewhere

I would live here if I could.

No real complaints. It is very much as advertised. It's a bit far away if you arrive in Berlin via the ZOB, but the metro is pretty effective and direct, so it's not a big issue.

Fantastic rooms, probably the best I've stayed in, but the customer service from the staff is so poor I would never stay there again.

• 8th May 2015

Staff was not really nice. I was happy that I just booked only one night. I did not want to stay more. There were so many party animals in our mix dorm so I and another people who stayed same room really could not sleep from 3 am to 5 am after they came back from parties

The hostel is clean and very good located. But the services are very bad. They do not have people to the needs of customers.

The bar downstairs was an added plus! delicious food at great discounts, and we were there for two soccer games which made for a fun atmosphere! the beds were comfortable and bathrooms were fine. we really enjoyed our stay! breakfast was great too!

Need age limits in the rooms

Free breakfast for the win

staff were excellent. gargle was cheap and the bed was very comfortable. great place to stay in berlin

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great you made the most of the bar! It offers our guests 25% off food and great 2 for 1 deals on drinks. We think this makes our bar the perfect place for our guests to meet each other and have a good time even if they are travelling on a tight budget. We wish you well and hope you will come and stay with us again soon!

This hostel was great. The location is prefect and the energy at the hostel is cool. The rooms are big and private at the same time. Bathrooms are clean. The only downside for me was the fact that the service at the bar sucked. I wish they had a bigger kitchen for their guest to cook.

The hostel's in a really cool and fun location. A main issue I had was that we had a homeless person end up in our hallway and room. Therefore, the security could be better. After talking with them they said they would look at the cameras but didn't follow up with me or anyone in the room. Also this is very much a bar first and a hostel second. So if that's something you're interested in then this place is perfect. If not, perhaps look into a different hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. It's great you liked our location! We're in walking distance of many of the main sites and have an underground station right outside which makes us the perfect base from which to explore! Someone who looks older and somewhat dishevelled is not necessarily homeless, the person in question was a nice old guy who had stayed with us for almost a week. We wish you well on your travels and hope you will visit us again soon!

Great hostel, wifi was spotty

• 28th Apr 2015

If I could describe my stay in this hostel with one word it would be: meh. The positive things are that it is very clean (kudos to the friendly Spanish cleaner who really did an excellent job and was incredibly polite!), the wifi goes all the way to the rooms and the curtains around the beds are great. Everything else leaves something to be desired. There is no common room and no kitchen, plus the left luggage is payable. The whole place has a really corporate feel, to be avoided if you can.

Awesome hostel! The bar downstairs creates a great atmosphere for meeting people and just hanging out!