St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

I've stayed in two St. Christopher's brand hostels and have been pretty unimpressed both times. Nothing terrible but nothing very good either.

Nice place to stay for backpackers, with Belushi's bar on the ground floor and live music. Clean enough for this kind of travels.

The day of my arrival, my booking was changed from a 6bed all female room in St. Christopher's Camden to an 8bed mixed dorm at their Village location. It's not an ideal situation for a solo female traveller coming off a 9.5 hr flight. Needless to say, I went with it and the village location is a bit more lively with the camden location more suited to an older crowd. At both locations, you got the bare basics and I wouldn't say they were clean, but it's cheap. Wifi was iffy too.

It's a lovely place with pleasant atmosphere with live music in the bar. Clean and warm place in heart of Camden, however the room at the main road side is quite noisy. I really liked the separate shower room for the room but I missed a kitchen to make at least a cup of tea in the afternoon. It's a good place in average.

A nice hostel with a great breakfast. Not much more to say, if you stayed at a St. Christopher's before, this one is a good one.

Hello there and thank you so much for the positive review. Nothing pleases us more than hearing our guests have had a great experience! Camden is awesome, and we are glad you really got into the swing of it! Safe Travels, Camden Team

I had an amazing time staying at St Christopher's Inn. The fact that there's a pretty lively pub underneath it is an awesome option for having/starting a night out. You can also catch the Camden pub crawl from here too... I've been on the pub crawl it's awesome. I'd definitely recommend and stay at this hostel again!

• 8th Nov 2014

Hey there, We really appreciate your reviews and are delighted that you had a great time with us. Yey the Camden Pub Crawl is a great night out and we are lucky enough to host them each night so there is always something going on. Happy Traveling St Christophers Team Camden

Nice stay In camden. Nothing special but everything is clean and has most things you would want in a hostel

Hi There, We are really happy that you found everything to your satisfaction. Our housekeepers work hard to keep standards up. We hope you choose to visit us again Happy Travels St Chris Team Camden

Fun hostel in cool neighborhood. Only complaint is the showers with the push button u gotta keep pressing every 10 seconds to keep the water running.

Hi, Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We have had the showers looked at so that there is a longer time limit between pushing the button. We hope this helps Safe travels Camden St Christopher'sTeam

Great staff. Great location in Camden, quick walk to the Mornington Crescent on the Northern Line, which will get you to the heart of London in under 15 minutes. If you are a beer lover, it is walkable to both a Brew Dog and Camden Town Brewery! Only bads are that it is a bit on the pricey side for a hostel, theres not much of a hostel atmosphere, and if you are on the 1st floor, you may as well stay up till last call on the weekends, you won't sleep over the noise from the pub underneath

The toilets were not clean

• 24th Oct 2014

The hostel was in a great location – right on Camden High Street, 5 minute walk to the station. There were lockers under the bed and additional lockers downstairs. I really liked the chill out room. There were bean bags and books down there. Room was very clean. The staff were friendly. There is a free breakfast each morning. In addition you can buy food at the bar down stairs. I would stay again.

Excelent location and staff... But expesive as most things in London and without a kitchen and a really small living room... Really nice pub downstairs.

I stayed here for a week while visiting London. The hostel is near lots of bars so you're likely to be chatted up by drunk guys as you walk back at night (this happened to me twice). Security is good though- they have card access to the hostel and rooms, and handy lockers that pull out from under the beds. Things are mostly clean, although they didn't empty the trash in the bathroom for several days straight and it was quite overfull. If I were to stay in London again I'd go somewhere else.

Definitely coming back to stay for our next gig in Camden

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Great place in a great location. Facilities great, pub great, really nice beds and in a fantastic area. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Get up early to catch the free breakfast and you find you make better use of the day!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meal and drink deals at Belushi's were really great, especially since a lot of places in the neighbourhood were a bit more expensive. The hostel atmosphere was good, and of course having a bar downstairs was extra convenient! Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Camden/London. Thanks!

• 5th Oct 2014

It was kind of strange to enter through the Belushi's bar and try to find where to check in (it's to the right of the bar, BTW) but everything was clean and they were cool about letting me use a locker after I'd checked out. Having an ensuite bathroom and shower in the dorm room is great.

Only stayed for one night, fantastic location in Camden! Comfy beds although the top bunk was a little creaky :) Would stay here again!

We always try to stay here when in London. Great location, great staff and good bar downstairs.

The room was too small for a private room. Cleaning should be more efficient. Good staff. Great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3