St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

Great location! Having a bar in the hostel is always fantastic!

I stayed here for 1 night and was really glad i chose St Christopher's. It was really great value for money and the free breakfast was amazing with plenty of choice, you could even upgrade to a cooked breakfast for a small charge! I was amazed that they didn't charge for use of laundry machines which is great for backpackers. IThe bar downstairs was very cool and the staff were really friendly! I was sad that i was only able to spend one night here but will come back again, for sure.

• 16th Mar 2015

Great hostel with an awesome atmosphere and the best staff. Will definitely recommend to my friends

• 15th Mar 2015

great place, great people!! It is a young and cool place where you will feel as at home! Really known in the area.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It's far from the center but you can arrive there with one bus or in subway. The room was ok and it had private bathroom. I disliked that I didn't have my own room key and I had always to wait for some one of the staff to open my room and the breakfast wasn't so good.

Great value for money, even though it's above a pub, I couldn't really hear the music, however it is central London so the roads and underground can be loud up until 11ish, something I had to get used to but you can't complain for the price. Breakfast is very basic but it will get you started for the day. Definitely great for a short stay, worth the money!

• 2nd Mar 2015

It was so dirty - Ive never ever see a hostel dirty like this one. I rather used public toilettes than those in the hostel. Simply disgusting. It smelled in the floor and rooms and there was in the toilette as well - and this just after a guy walked through it to clean it. I wondered what he actually did there cause obviously he wasnt cleaning a thing!

Thanks very much, one of the best hostel than I ever been but just to help to improve your service: You have to clean the public toilet bins more often, I been in two of toilets on the corridor and both had the toilet litter full. Didn't look very nice but I think was just after a busy day! Anyway was a very nice experience, I will recommend sure!

When I arrived there was only one girl of the staff on all the hostel, and she was serving in the hostel's pub, apparently, the pub's clients are more important than the hostel's guest. The location is really far to the center, however there are a lot of party around the hostel during night. Really noisy at night, it isn't good election if you want sleep.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

I and my boyfriend stayed in a 6 bed dormitory with bathroom. The room was good, but it has only a shower, the toilet is outside the room and you have to share it with other rooms. The shower isn't very good, you have to press a buttom to water flows and you cannot control the temperature. I didn''t have any problems with noise of the pub that, by the way, it is nice and cheap. The staff is very helpful and nice. It is a good hostel, but it needs some improvements.

O hostel é em cima de um bar, portanto sextas e sábados impossível dormir antes das 3 da manhã. Chuveiro com água temperatura ambiente ou seja não tome banho pela manhã pois a água é extremamente gelada. Fiquei numa beliche que quando eu me movia fazia barulho. Só gostei msm da localização.

It is very well run hostel and kept clean and secure. The bed was also comfortable and the breakfast was a nice bonus. . The only restriction was 1 shower and wc in the room which was restrictive. I think there should be a larger space for chilling out in a quiet space. However I do recognize that space is at a premium in Camden and it would be difficult to extend

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

The location is just perfect, I love Camden. It's a good area to be at, plus the metro station is 3-5 mins from the hostel. Now, the service and facilities leave much to be desired (at least, for the price you're charged for). I had booked a few nights there but when I arrived I was told I needed to change rooms and pay for a locker because I had to check out to switch rooms. Very moody, unkind and unhelpful staff at the front specially a blonde girl whose English was difficult to understand :(

This was a brilliant hostel, great value for the money. The hostel is attached to a pub, which is very lively in its own right. Hostel customers get deals on drink and food. The hostel was safe - bring a padlock and you can lock your stuff in a cage under your bed. Really hip and trendy area of London. Very convenient for Camden Market and Horse Tunnel Market.

I've stayed in two St. Christopher's brand hostels and have been pretty unimpressed both times. Nothing terrible but nothing very good either.

Very friendly staff. Lively bar down stairs. FREE laundry facilities downstairs including iron and ironing board! Great location just a two minute walk from Mornington Crescent Tube station. Cheap - well it was when I went. Plenty of entertainment on site and advice in order to enjoy all that London has to offer.

Nice place to stay for backpackers, with Belushi's bar on the ground floor and live music. Clean enough for this kind of travels.

This is my favourite hostel in London at the moment. The room was nice- and the bar is very cool. The chill out room is quite small, so if you don't fancy spending time in the bar it's quite limiting- still, a great hostel in a great location.

This definitely isn't the hostel to come to if you are a single traveller. The common room is in the basement and smelled a little odd so no one hung out down there. The bar attached to the hostel has good food and decent prices for beer, especially since you get a discount for staying at the hostel. They showed the NFL games on Sunday, so that definitely made me a happy traveller!

The day of my arrival, my booking was changed from a 6bed all female room in St. Christopher's Camden to an 8bed mixed dorm at their Village location. It's not an ideal situation for a solo female traveller coming off a 9.5 hr flight. Needless to say, I went with it and the village location is a bit more lively with the camden location more suited to an older crowd. At both locations, you got the bare basics and I wouldn't say they were clean, but it's cheap. Wifi was iffy too.