St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

The location is wonderful but the hostel itself is poor. I booked a 6-bed private room "ensuite" and when I arrived I found out that the room had a tiny shower but the toilet was outside and shared by three different rooms. I think this information should be available when booking. Also, the breakfast was poor. I came down for breakfast at 8:30 and there were no dishes left. I asked at the bar and the girl said she was sorry but they were all dirty and she refused to wash one for me. Very noisy.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Spain

10 person dorm with ensuite bathroom was a decent size. Fabulous energy downstairs at the bar (it was a friday night) and among staff who were super friendly and helpful. There are security cages for each bunk (bring your own lock) and you need a swipe card and a seperate code to get to your room so that felt secure. Had a great stay.

Hi!! Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you had a great stay with us!!! Really do appreciate the review and hope you'll be back to stay again!

Excellent place to stay, would definitely stay there again!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Was only in the hostel one night for a few hours butso limited info, but great location good sturdy comfy bunk bed which were very clean.

Thanks for the review! Hope you enjoyed your stay with us and in London!

Very helpful reception / bar staff

• 24th Mar 2014

Hey thanks! Glad we made you're stay a good one! Hope you enjoyed London

I thought it was a shame I couldn't stay longer. If you want peace and quiet, don't stay in Camden. Every other person, this hostel is perfect!

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Cheers! Glad you had a fun time with us!!!

it was ok for one night

Good location in Camden. The staff make the stay wonderful. Great people.

Hey, Thanks for the review!! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! Glad you liked Camden!

The atmosphere is incredible and the people were very agitated. On Friday night It's not a calm place and it was impossible to rest or to get some sleep. Just relax and live the life.

• 21st Feb 2014

Hi there, I know what you mean! The fridays get crazy here but its always with the best intentions so that everyone can have a good time. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us all the same! Cheers!

This hostel was fine. Not too social though but it's in a cool neighborhood near the tube and there is free breakfast.

Hi there, Thanks for the review! We hope you enjoyed London! Cheers, Camden Belushis Team

No soap in bathroom was kind of gross. The breakfast was also disappointing. A bit of a walk from the main Camden DT area, but the bar in the hostel was fun. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall a good experience.

• 15th Feb 2014

Hey there, Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay as well as you could've! But glad you enjoyed it all the same. Hope you had fun in London! Cheers, Camden Belushis Team

One of the best hostels I stayed at on my trip, and I stayed at a lot! Slightly out of town, about 15 minutes from the centre of London, but with the Tube station only 200 metres down the road it didn't matter!

• 9th Feb 2014

Hey! Thanks for the awesome review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and in London! Hope you'll come back and visit us again, Camden Belushis Team

Only bad thing was that I didn't get a lot of sleep because one of the other people in my room was snoring so loud. Which can't be helped so otherwise a pleasant stay.

• 6th Feb 2014

Yeah, we should get a separate snoring room, but I don't think many people would own up to being big snorers! Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay!

I had a really good time there all the people were so friendly and the pub at night was very fun. Regards!

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Hi Samantha, Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels!

The location was amazing and the food was great. The hostel is a typical St. Christopher's hostel with a bar/restaurant attached to it. Unfortunately the "chill-out room" in this location was really dull (so everyone went to the bar instead). The facilities could have been better. The door leading to the shower would not lock and the shower door itself wouldn't close. Also, the rooms were kept extremely hot. However, overall the hostel was great and I would go there again if I return to London.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback, we are going to be jazzing up the chill out room very soon, and I will look into the lock on the shower door, as this is below standard for us.

Loved the sweet ladies behind the bar! Deana, amber and jess! They wer awsome!

• 1st Jan 2014

Hi, They're alright aren't they - great girls (although don't tell them I said this!) Thanks for the review Chris (manager)

Good location right in Camden, a few mins walk from the metro + markets, kinda seedy area though, and the hostel bar and corner out the front are usually full of homeless/creepy people (they will approach you). Staff were pretty knowledgeable and friendly, but could be a little rude and unprofessional at times. There is a common room downstairs however it was empty like 90% of the time. Comfy beds, decent showers (but no wifi in rooms).. probably wouldn't recommend for solo travelers

The lock of te room was broken, and it has to be opened. So anybody could come in to the room without keycard. I spend 3 nights in the hostel and the problema wasn´t solved. Besides the wi-fi service was only in the pub, not in the rooms. Even in the pub the service don´t operate good (poor sigal, very slow and continuous problems of connection).

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Spain

Excellent location right on Camden High street. Tons of bars and restaurants nearby. 5 min walk to the Camden Market. Downstairs Beluchi bar sucks. They blast music on the weekend till 2am, which can be heard throughout the entire hostel. Bathrooms were dirty and smelled terrible. Condom machine was broken :(

Good basic hostel & value for money considering London prices! Beds were really comfy!