St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

I really liked this hostel. If you want to stay in a happening part of central London, Camden is it! The atmosphere was awesome, the pub down stairs was very nice, breakfast was great!! You got all kinds of food offered. The rooms themselves are pretty average and the bathrooms nothing short of disgusting...but its london and your there to party so...who cares! I would stay there again, really nice people there.

Pros: Nice hostel in an amazing location. In the middle of Camden in a street absolutely full of life. The bar in the ground floor and the pub crawl starting there every night makes it a great place to meet people Contras: My room in the first floor was very noisy on Friday night because of the music in the bar until 2 a.m. more or less. You can get free earpads in the reception but it's still too loud. It's not possible to regulate the temperature in the shower. Sometimes too hot or too cold

AMAZING location and staff! Recommend 100%

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Rooms and bathrooms were in great condition, but as a single traveler it was harder to meet people as there isn't a kitchen and the common room is empty as all the groups hang out in the bar

Great Hostel in a convenient location. Just what we needed for a night in London. Staff helpful, and allowed us to store our bags before checkin which was very helpful. Would stay again!

Really good location for people who love thrift shopping. Location is easy to access the centre

Stayed only 1 night for a gig in Camden. On the edge of Camden town. closer to Mornington Crescent station. Very vibrant pub. Good sociable place. The 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm is spacious. Don't expect a quiet lounge to chill in.

Really good stay for 3 nights. Brekkie was very good too. Only complaint is that breakfast time is between 7-9 which is too short I find.

Breakfast not so good and the food ends up early. The integration area is the "Belushis bar", a little bit expensive. In one day I was with two friends just waiting for another one, to getting out, and a a security man of the bar was extremely rude with us. There is no kitchen too.

Room I stayed in was very noisy with traffic outside - double glazing? Poor chill out / cooking facilities.

Not bad, but the staff looks more interested in the bar that the hostel itself. Toilets quite dirty.

They accidentially cancelled my entire booking when I only tried to cancel one night. Although the staff was very accommodating and nice, it was really frustrating having to change rooms every night and having to go to a completely go to a dofferent hostel the last night.

Best hostel in London so far.

Great clean hostel and great location.

The location is wonderful but the hostel itself is poor. I booked a 6-bed private room "ensuite" and when I arrived I found out that the room had a tiny shower but the toilet was outside and shared by three different rooms. I think this information should be available when booking. Also, the breakfast was poor. I came down for breakfast at 8:30 and there were no dishes left. I asked at the bar and the girl said she was sorry but they were all dirty and she refused to wash one for me. Very noisy.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Spain

10 person dorm with ensuite bathroom was a decent size. Fabulous energy downstairs at the bar (it was a friday night) and among staff who were super friendly and helpful. There are security cages for each bunk (bring your own lock) and you need a swipe card and a seperate code to get to your room so that felt secure. Had a great stay.

Hi!! Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you had a great stay with us!!! Really do appreciate the review and hope you'll be back to stay again!

The vibe of this hostel was great, everyone was super friendly and easy going! The price was ok too considering the cost of hotels in London. I would just say that our stay could maybe have been a little more comfortable. I slept next to the bathroom which was very loud when people went to the toilet! Plus, there was a horrific fire alarm in the middle of the night which kept going off and put me on edge! If there was a real fire though, rest assured that no one would miss it! I'd stay again.

• 10th Apr 2014

Excellent place to stay, would definitely stay there again!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Was only in the hostel one night for a few hours butso limited info, but great location good sturdy comfy bunk bed which were very clean.

Thanks for the review! Hope you enjoyed your stay with us and in London!

Pretty good hostel with a great location. Staff is super chill, but hostel is super small and hard to meet people because it lacks a gathering space.