St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

28€/night-well you can get a better deal in London (But small breakfast&wifi is included) Shower was fine - I got a bed right next to the window>great view>Camden *_* >great location btw:) Locker for everyone under the bed (but you need your own lock) Staff extremely friendly-you defiantly feel @ home there-Storage of luggage between £2-3 depending on size of locker (or for free if you trust people) -Nice common room+let me shower before check in! Would I come back? Sure, but also check others:)

• 18th Oct 2015

Heeeey, thank you for review, we really appreciate all guests comments and it helps us improve all the time. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and let them know. All time our staff try to do our best to give our guests a great time. Really pleased you enjoyed your time here and we hope to see you again at some point Happy Travelling Camden Team

It's very rare I write a review but this one has to be aired! Beds great, clean, nice showers, all other standard things above board! Ok to the bad stuff. So my 2nd time here and it was the same experience! I waited at reception for like twenty mins and I asked the bar girl who has many piercings and blonde what do I do? She said its "not my job" then walked away! Then the reception guy for the actual hostel came and was really nice and apologised! TV only worked with DVDs.

hey, Thank you for your review and stay in our hostel. Really sorry to hear your experience with us one staff member was less than you had anticipated. We will make sure the member of staff in question is aware of her behavior, we are sure she didn't mean to be rude and we apologize if this is how it came across. We hope this did not affect your stay with us in future. Happy travels Camden team

Excellent hostel, the staff people are very cool and funny, always with a smile on the face.

Heya, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we sure try our very best to give our guests a good time and make them happy. We hope you visit us again Safe Travelling Camden Team

Pretty good place, all we needed for a night in London. Near the tube station and our room had its own bathroom which was great. Bar downstairs was awesome with lovely staff. And breakfast was really good considering its included in the price.

Hi there, Thanks for your review, we are all very happy you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you again. Happy Travels Camden Team

Steven and Greg were the best staff. Felt so comfortable with them and the rest of the staff. They went above and beyond for my friend and I. They greeted us with a cup of tea every morning or after a night out, a shot of tequila (Steven)!

• 13th Oct 2015

hey, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Thank you for the kind words about the staff- Boys :), we will make sure and let them know. All time our staff try to do our best to give our guests a great time. please come see us again soon. Camden team

Oh man this hostel is awesome I went on a Monday and they had an open mic night in the bar!! Some amazing musicians were playing I had such a great night!

hey there, Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We hope to see you again at some point in the future. remember about Open mic- it is every Monday! Happy travels from Camden Team

The staff were always wiling to help out, comfy beds and clean bathrooms.

• 11th Oct 2015

Heya, We are glad you had an awesome time with us, and of course we will look forward to seeing you again.Thanks for your feedback Safe traveling Camden team

Great for me, nice to chill out. Although can be little noisy because of the traffic outside

Great staff and very good location (between Camden and Mornington Crescent station.) The beds are comfortable but it's really noise at night with the pub downstairs till 2am... The atmosphere is quite good in the pub but it's not really a "travellers" place. Everybody can access the pub so you can't easily meet other backpackers.

Hello, Thank you for your review, we appreciate it. We really apologize for the noise, we do love to party and hope our guest enjoy that too, we try to keep the noise level down and we are always quiet by midnight and on the weekend 2am. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and let them know. We always recommend do Camden pubcrawl to meet amazing people. Hope to see you again Safe travelling Camden team

General welcome feel upon arrival was worse than expected, and having to check-in at a busy and dark bar did not give a good first impression. Rooms were adequate, however toilets outside the room were well below standards and by the morning they were near unusable given the condition (dirty floor and water all over, toilets un-flushed, dirty sinks)

Heya, Thank you for your review, your feedback is always welcome. We really apologize if the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. Bathrooms are cleaned daily within housekeeping hours, as they are used heavily unfortunately they can get a bit messy after housekeepers leave for the day. Staff are here at reception to rectify this and are happy to go and clean them and make the sweet for future users. We hope this did not affect your stay with us Happy travels Camden team

Breakfast was nice and free, the staff was very nice but the cleaner guy was too chatty and intrusive for my liking. I had big bags so the stairs were a bit problamatic for me also it would be nice to have a computer in the common room. Free laundry was a big plus!

Clean and spacious rooms. Excellent location, helpful staff. Would stay again!

Noisy, disrespecfull for people's needs to rest. We stayed there two nights and shared a room with other 6 people, none of them were the problem: there is no community room (maybe one downstairs where there is always someone sleeping on the sofas all day long..... no kitchen, or microwave where you can heat your food. Upstairs it's a a bar, opened 18 hours a day. You can eat or drink something from their menu with a 25% discount, but that's it! You can´t either eat in your room....

• 21st Sep 2015

Location is excellent! Very close to camden market, and has two underground stations near by. Rooms are big enough so there is enough space for everyone. Nice bar. Staff was great and helpul although it seemed that they didn't have enough people to give enough attention for everyone. In general, totally recommended!

Staff was amazing, breakfast was very good too. Not a bad location, tube station just down the street. Can be noisy at night because of the bar downstairs. Overall a very nice hostel, would stay here again.

Apart from having a rough night due to a drunk/aggressive rommate, the hostel itself is lovely and well organised. The price is perfect, especially for the area it is in. I could get to any part of london really easily, both by walking and by tube. the lounge area downstairs is quiet and really well furbished, really cozy.

• 13th Sep 2015

Toilets were absolutely putrid. Had 2 American guys smoking cigarettes in our room that stunk out all our clean clothes. Hostel staff were okay but not approachable. Especially when the bar got busy, you were treated like a drunk customer who they just wanted to hurry along so they could serve the next person.

This is actually a PUB where they set people to sleep upstars. Terrible atmospheare. No good place to hang out. The beds where completely squeezed in the room. Does not worth the price paid!

The staff made my trip all possible, they went above and beyond and made my stay fantastic. I shall be returning.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Wales

Staff was super nice there was a mixup with the bed situation and they weren't very organized on that part but otherwise it was good! They need more plugs around in the rooms as that was a huge issue or at least put extension cords to more of the middle beds.