St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

Stayed here on two separate occasions on my trip. The location being so close to St Pancras/Kings Cross made it very easy to get to, and easy to travel to any destination after. Pub downstairs has good food/drink, has a good lively atmosphere and plays great music (also live music on certain days). Not the best hostel for meeting travelers but you can meet lots of locals and quickly become friendly with bar staff. Camden is a cool area to stay, not the nicest area but good for young travellers

Heya, We're so glad you enjoyed our little hostel and bar, we're happy that you enjoyed our open mic nights too. We really hope to see you with us soon :) St Christopher's Camden.

For bar crawls and night life - amazing location. Hostel itself has a priority on pub first place, then you realize there's a reception somewhere at the bar :) Shower is crazy too - either too cold or too hot, no way to control. Rooms are great though, free WiFi, breakfast nice. I'd totally recommend this place - you'll have fun in Camden for sure!

Well Hello, I'm glad you enjoyed our hostel, and also the pub crawl. We'll be looking into the showers and fixing them a.s.a.p. :) We hope to see you again. St Christopher's Camden.

Was a great time!

• 19th Jun 2014

We're glad to hear you had fun, join us again :) St Christopher's Camden

Highly recommended

The first floor room was very noisy on a week night, the ear plugs didn't make a difference. Didn't like the shower, I couldn't control the temperature. Everything else was good.

• 8th Jun 2014

I really liked this hostel. If you want to stay in a happening part of central London, Camden is it! The atmosphere was awesome, the pub down stairs was very nice, breakfast was great!! You got all kinds of food offered. The rooms themselves are pretty average and the bathrooms nothing short of disgusting...but its london and your there to party so...who cares! I would stay there again, really nice people there.

Pros: Nice hostel in an amazing location. In the middle of Camden in a street absolutely full of life. The bar in the ground floor and the pub crawl starting there every night makes it a great place to meet people Contras: My room in the first floor was very noisy on Friday night because of the music in the bar until 2 a.m. more or less. You can get free earpads in the reception but it's still too loud. It's not possible to regulate the temperature in the shower. Sometimes too hot or too cold

AMAZING location and staff! Recommend 100%

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Rooms and bathrooms were in great condition, but as a single traveler it was harder to meet people as there isn't a kitchen and the common room is empty as all the groups hang out in the bar

Great Hostel in a convenient location. Just what we needed for a night in London. Staff helpful, and allowed us to store our bags before checkin which was very helpful. Would stay again!

Really good location for people who love thrift shopping. Location is easy to access the centre

Stayed only 1 night for a gig in Camden. On the edge of Camden town. closer to Mornington Crescent station. Very vibrant pub. Good sociable place. The 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm is spacious. Don't expect a quiet lounge to chill in.

Really good stay for 3 nights. Brekkie was very good too. Only complaint is that breakfast time is between 7-9 which is too short I find.

Breakfast not so good and the food ends up early. The integration area is the "Belushis bar", a little bit expensive. In one day I was with two friends just waiting for another one, to getting out, and a a security man of the bar was extremely rude with us. There is no kitchen too.

Room I stayed in was very noisy with traffic outside - double glazing? Poor chill out / cooking facilities.

Not bad, but the staff looks more interested in the bar that the hostel itself. Toilets quite dirty.

They accidentially cancelled my entire booking when I only tried to cancel one night. Although the staff was very accommodating and nice, it was really frustrating having to change rooms every night and having to go to a completely go to a dofferent hostel the last night.

Best hostel in London so far.

Great clean hostel and great location.

The location is wonderful but the hostel itself is poor. I booked a 6-bed private room "ensuite" and when I arrived I found out that the room had a tiny shower but the toilet was outside and shared by three different rooms. I think this information should be available when booking. Also, the breakfast was poor. I came down for breakfast at 8:30 and there were no dishes left. I asked at the bar and the girl said she was sorry but they were all dirty and she refused to wash one for me. Very noisy.

• 13th Apr 2014