St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

Good location right in Camden, a few mins walk from the metro + markets, kinda seedy area though, and the hostel bar and corner out the front are usually full of homeless/creepy people (they will approach you). Staff were pretty knowledgeable and friendly, but could be a little rude and unprofessional at times. There is a common room downstairs however it was empty like 90% of the time. Comfy beds, decent showers (but no wifi in rooms).. probably wouldn't recommend for solo travelers

The lock of te room was broken, and it has to be opened. So anybody could come in to the room without keycard. I spend 3 nights in the hostel and the problema wasn´t solved. Besides the wi-fi service was only in the pub, not in the rooms. Even in the pub the service don´t operate good (poor sigal, very slow and continuous problems of connection).

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Spain

Excellent location right on Camden High street. Tons of bars and restaurants nearby. 5 min walk to the Camden Market. Downstairs Beluchi bar sucks. They blast music on the weekend till 2am, which can be heard throughout the entire hostel. Bathrooms were dirty and smelled terrible. Condom machine was broken :(

Good basic hostel & value for money considering London prices! Beds were really comfy!

Terrible! We paid for a room with bathroom and they gave us a room without it. Never more we gonna stay at that place!

I only spent one night but welcome was really friendly. Nice decoration of the common areas, good beds and en-suite bathroom (clean!). Breakfast in the morning is also good. Definitely recommending it!

Few lockers, small common area - but the bar is big and good to chill and have a beer. Staff was very friendly and MOST OF ALL -> the manager went far and beyond to help us out and made our stay a memorable one; helping us on multiple occasions. Slightly far from touristy part, but fantastic area and easy tube. RECCOMENDED and would return!

Not a bad hostel, recommend getting a feed somewhere else though - not cause the food is bad, but cause there's tons of options around! Really recommend Bodean's (ribs etc) near Oxford St. Really great pub crawl (Camden pub crawl) as well, recommend you do it if you're eager for a night out.

Excellent location and very friendly staff.

its good hostel.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Pakistan

St Christopher's in general are pretty good pubs but lousy hostels. The room was stinking hot and the staff reckoned we could turn it off our end but none of us had a spanner. Their common room was kitchenless and small, and why do these hostels have one temperature springy push button showers? They are the most irritating things to use ever. If I was you I would avoid this place, and London in particular, but I'm not you, so feel free to make up your own mind

There was a staff member that was always rude. Certain night I heard another staff member saying that the Rude Guy was drunk every night. I don't think it is a cool thing to do while you are working.

Key-card readers should be replaced.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Love this place. I use it often.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• 26th Oct 2013

I liked this place, it was fairly clean, nice atmosphere, decent breakfast and for a good price. Really great location right on Camden High Street and a nice bar connected to the hostel. The toilet in our room wouldn't flush sometimes though, that was not so pleasant. The room had cages to put you bags in and lock under the beds but if you wanted to really secure your stuff you had to pay a small fee for secure lockers in the basement.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Very clean and awesome hostel for the price (London...) Only downside is the common area (chilling room) is way too small. Would totally recomend it. Best short term hostel I've seen in London!

• 23rd Oct 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at St. Christopher's Camden. It was a cleanly place that had really nice facilities. I've stayed at a few hostels around Europe, and this was one of the nicer ones.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great location 5 minutes from the tube station very friendly and helpful staff, felt very welcoming. The beds were very comfy, got a great sleep. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was also very nice. Only issues I had was the shower was incredibly small, no room to get undressed or dressed in there and there was only 4 plug sockets which were all situated near to one bed.

• 19th Oct 2013

Staff was cold and unorganized. Beds were old. Wifi kept dropping. No kitchen facilities. Showers were hot, good location, cheap laundry.