St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

The atmosphere is incredible and the people were very agitated. On Friday night It's not a calm place and it was impossible to rest or to get some sleep. Just relax and live the life.

• 21st Feb 2014

Hi there, I know what you mean! The fridays get crazy here but its always with the best intentions so that everyone can have a good time. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us all the same! Cheers!

This hostel was fine. Not too social though but it's in a cool neighborhood near the tube and there is free breakfast.

Hi there, Thanks for the review! We hope you enjoyed London! Cheers, Camden Belushis Team

No soap in bathroom was kind of gross. The breakfast was also disappointing. A bit of a walk from the main Camden DT area, but the bar in the hostel was fun. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall a good experience.

• 15th Feb 2014

Hey there, Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay as well as you could've! But glad you enjoyed it all the same. Hope you had fun in London! Cheers, Camden Belushis Team

One of the best hostels I stayed at on my trip, and I stayed at a lot! Slightly out of town, about 15 minutes from the centre of London, but with the Tube station only 200 metres down the road it didn't matter!

• 9th Feb 2014

Hey! Thanks for the awesome review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and in London! Hope you'll come back and visit us again, Camden Belushis Team

Only bad thing was that I didn't get a lot of sleep because one of the other people in my room was snoring so loud. Which can't be helped so otherwise a pleasant stay.

• 6th Feb 2014

Yeah, we should get a separate snoring room, but I don't think many people would own up to being big snorers! Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay!

I had a really good time there all the people were so friendly and the pub at night was very fun. Regards!

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Hi Samantha, Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels!

The location was amazing and the food was great. The hostel is a typical St. Christopher's hostel with a bar/restaurant attached to it. Unfortunately the "chill-out room" in this location was really dull (so everyone went to the bar instead). The facilities could have been better. The door leading to the shower would not lock and the shower door itself wouldn't close. Also, the rooms were kept extremely hot. However, overall the hostel was great and I would go there again if I return to London.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback, we are going to be jazzing up the chill out room very soon, and I will look into the lock on the shower door, as this is below standard for us.

Loved the sweet ladies behind the bar! Deana, amber and jess! They wer awsome!

• 1st Jan 2014

Hi, They're alright aren't they - great girls (although don't tell them I said this!) Thanks for the review Chris (manager)

Good location right in Camden, a few mins walk from the metro + markets, kinda seedy area though, and the hostel bar and corner out the front are usually full of homeless/creepy people (they will approach you). Staff were pretty knowledgeable and friendly, but could be a little rude and unprofessional at times. There is a common room downstairs however it was empty like 90% of the time. Comfy beds, decent showers (but no wifi in rooms).. probably wouldn't recommend for solo travelers

The lock of te room was broken, and it has to be opened. So anybody could come in to the room without keycard. I spend 3 nights in the hostel and the problema wasn´t solved. Besides the wi-fi service was only in the pub, not in the rooms. Even in the pub the service don´t operate good (poor sigal, very slow and continuous problems of connection).

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Spain

Excellent location right on Camden High street. Tons of bars and restaurants nearby. 5 min walk to the Camden Market. Downstairs Beluchi bar sucks. They blast music on the weekend till 2am, which can be heard throughout the entire hostel. Bathrooms were dirty and smelled terrible. Condom machine was broken :(

Good basic hostel & value for money considering London prices! Beds were really comfy!

Terrible! We paid for a room with bathroom and they gave us a room without it. Never more we gonna stay at that place!

I only spent one night but welcome was really friendly. Nice decoration of the common areas, good beds and en-suite bathroom (clean!). Breakfast in the morning is also good. Definitely recommending it!

Few lockers, small common area - but the bar is big and good to chill and have a beer. Staff was very friendly and MOST OF ALL -> the manager went far and beyond to help us out and made our stay a memorable one; helping us on multiple occasions. Slightly far from touristy part, but fantastic area and easy tube. RECCOMENDED and would return!

Not a bad hostel, recommend getting a feed somewhere else though - not cause the food is bad, but cause there's tons of options around! Really recommend Bodean's (ribs etc) near Oxford St. Really great pub crawl (Camden pub crawl) as well, recommend you do it if you're eager for a night out.

Excellent location and very friendly staff.

its good hostel.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Pakistan

St Christopher's in general are pretty good pubs but lousy hostels. The room was stinking hot and the staff reckoned we could turn it off our end but none of us had a spanner. Their common room was kitchenless and small, and why do these hostels have one temperature springy push button showers? They are the most irritating things to use ever. If I was you I would avoid this place, and London in particular, but I'm not you, so feel free to make up your own mind

There was a staff member that was always rude. Certain night I heard another staff member saying that the Rude Guy was drunk every night. I don't think it is a cool thing to do while you are working.