St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

Few lockers, small common area - but the bar is big and good to chill and have a beer. Staff was very friendly and MOST OF ALL -> the manager went far and beyond to help us out and made our stay a memorable one; helping us on multiple occasions. Slightly far from touristy part, but fantastic area and easy tube. RECCOMENDED and would return!

Not a bad hostel, recommend getting a feed somewhere else though - not cause the food is bad, but cause there's tons of options around! Really recommend Bodean's (ribs etc) near Oxford St. Really great pub crawl (Camden pub crawl) as well, recommend you do it if you're eager for a night out.

Excellent location and very friendly staff.

its good hostel.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Pakistan

St Christopher's in general are pretty good pubs but lousy hostels. The room was stinking hot and the staff reckoned we could turn it off our end but none of us had a spanner. Their common room was kitchenless and small, and why do these hostels have one temperature springy push button showers? They are the most irritating things to use ever. If I was you I would avoid this place, and London in particular, but I'm not you, so feel free to make up your own mind

There was a staff member that was always rude. Certain night I heard another staff member saying that the Rude Guy was drunk every night. I don't think it is a cool thing to do while you are working.

Key-card readers should be replaced.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Love this place. I use it often.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• 26th Oct 2013

I liked this place, it was fairly clean, nice atmosphere, decent breakfast and for a good price. Really great location right on Camden High Street and a nice bar connected to the hostel. The toilet in our room wouldn't flush sometimes though, that was not so pleasant. The room had cages to put you bags in and lock under the beds but if you wanted to really secure your stuff you had to pay a small fee for secure lockers in the basement.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Very clean and awesome hostel for the price (London...) Only downside is the common area (chilling room) is way too small. Would totally recomend it. Best short term hostel I've seen in London!

I really enjoyed my stay at St. Christopher's Camden. It was a cleanly place that had really nice facilities. I've stayed at a few hostels around Europe, and this was one of the nicer ones.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great location 5 minutes from the tube station very friendly and helpful staff, felt very welcoming. The beds were very comfy, got a great sleep. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was also very nice. Only issues I had was the shower was incredibly small, no room to get undressed or dressed in there and there was only 4 plug sockets which were all situated near to one bed.

• 19th Oct 2013

Staff was cold and unorganized. Beds were old. Wifi kept dropping. No kitchen facilities. Showers were hot, good location, cheap laundry.

Great place. Great bar. Good location! When I go back to london I will stay here again

The biggest problem of this hostel are the facilities and cleanliness, the design is very uncomfotable, the rooms that are "ensuite" means a door with a shower with little changing space and a door with a wc with no ventilation, and the lavatory where people usually need to wash their teeth is at the middle of the room, being uncomfortable for the guests who are sleeping as the ones who are washing there teeth. And all looks dirty and old. The beds are just bunkers, no curtains, light or power.

Best hostel in london

Nice and helpful staff, plenty of stores and bars around. Well, it's Camden and it says a lot! :) Probably not a good choice if you want to have a good rest because the music and the crowd downstairs in the bar won't really give you a choice but to join the party. But then again you wouldn't stay in Camden if you wanted to get to bed early. Apart from that the hostel is very clean, showers and toilets are good, dorms are rather spacious. Note:no common kitchen, only a microwave in a common room.

Location is perfect, and the bar downstairs is really nice. I just think you should extend the breakfast until later, and some staff members could be more kind to the guests. But in general, it was a nice experience!

The property is quite old and small. Facilities need to be fixed.