St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

Stayed here before and would come again. Everything is very clean, comfortable and having the ensuite bathrooms is great. Excellent value for money. I moved from a previous hostel because it was so noisy outside, this place is lively out and about, but not loud so you can get sleep. Has a great chill out room with lots of facilities. Huge lockable cages under the beds are free and pay lockers are available, but no one needs them. Breakfast is a little basic, but that suits me. Top place

Very cramped dorms. Zero atmosphere other than the pub.

The place is ok in excellent location. Dont expect any character at all, just place to sleep and base for your trips around London. The place might get NOISY during weekends so bring your earplugs (or ask reception for free pair).

The staff didn't seem to communicate well (one of them switched my bed for me but never told anyone else, which led to two of us being assigned the same bed later and then we were reprimanded by housekeeping in the morning for the confusion). Cleaning consisted of quickly pushing a broom around and wiping the toilet seat. Our toilet got clogged and we were told we would have to wait until the next day bc only housekeeping had a plunger. The toilet bowl itself was very dirty and never cleaned.

Love having the bar underneath. Stated at a couple places on my travels with a bar downstairs. This one was not noisy. I couldn't hear Znything downstairs, if that bothers you. It was so well situated. One day I started walking south and ended up walking all the way to battersea. It's just so well located. Nice having a shower

This was your typical mass-lodging type hostel. The bar was very loud, especially in the basement, but I did not hear it once I got to the rooms. The staff were kind of unorganized as they doubled as bartenders so it was hard to figure anything out. For the price and location, however, not a bad deal.

Great location in the heart of Camden. A short walk away from the markets and surrounded by restaurants and bars. Perfect Hostel for those under 35. Great food and drink in Belushi's on the main floor with a great atmosphere and good music.

Hey, thanks for the review. Camden has so much to offer and it sounds like you made the most of it. Glad you got to sample some of the food and drink in the bar and had a great time staying with us. See youm again soon.

Very nice hostel. Camden is an excellent place to stay, so it can't get better than an "excellent" rating for that. Good atmosphere, but bar closes so you eventually have to move downstairs to the chillout room. It's still pretty nice. Staff were helpful and very friendly. They shared their Jager with me while I was staying there. Security is good, as with other St. Christopher's hostels. Keycard access to rooms and cages underneath the beds for storing possessions. I'd recommend it!

Hi, thanks for your review. We are glad you had a good time and enjoyed your stay. see you again soon

Close to subway stations (10min-walk) and cheap restaurants. The breakfast is included, but it's very simple. They don't have elevators and the room is quite simple, but clean. Good wi-fi signal.

Wi-fi didn't work. They don't have lockers in the room but ones in the basement and you have to pay to use them.

Hi, sorry to hear you didn't have the best time here. Our wifi works throughout the building and it's rare to hear of it not working. If you come to reception though we are more then happy to give you a hand or reset the wifi to see if that helps. All beds have large cages underneath so if you bring a padlock they are great for storage. Padlocks are also available from reception. We reccommend the lockers downstairs for valuable items such as laptops. A small locker is £1 per 24 hrs.

It's simply a great place to stay.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Thanks for your great review. We love it when our guests have a great time. Hope to see you again soon :)

Location of this hostel is just amazing. The room was clean enough (the wooden floor is so much nicer than a filthy carpet you see in many London hostels!), we were just a bit disappointed that the toilets were in the corridor though we booked ensuite (we had our own shower and two sinks though). Breakfast was very basic at its best, most days they'd ran out of something like milk or butter. The bar downstairs closed quite early on weekdays, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Will go again!

Hi thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Camden. We have recently done some research and come up with a new improved breakfast for all our guests, including fresh fruit, ham and cheese and a more varied selection of cereals. We hope you come back soon and try it out.

It had a good lively atmosphere as it was attached to a pub. Staff were brilliant! Bed was very comfy but room very hot with no fans and only a heavy duvet for bed. I would have liked better shower facilities as it made our room a bit messy . But was a great place to stay for a weekend of fun in Camden.

We are glad you had fun. We know the hostel did get incredibly warm during our abnormally hot British summer so we have now purchased fans for the rooms that are available on request. Glad you liked the staff and the bar.

When you travel alone, choose this hostel. It`s really easy to find other people. The hostel is a Bar where you also can sleep. The perfect combination. I stayed 2 nights, Tuesday and Friday. On both days there was live music. It is a popular hostel, were a lot op people go to. I really recommend this hostel for everyone.

Thanks for the great review. Being in Camden we always like to have a bit of music going on. We are glad you met loads of other awesome, like minded people and hope to see you again soon.

The stay was nice, the staff also and we enjoyed our time there!

• 24th Jul 2013

Thanks for your review. We are glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon.

Dana, the receptionist, was very kind to me. She helped me a lot to find places and the bus routes. Thank you Dana! =)

Thanks for your review. Dana was especially happy to get a mention as she is a new to beds and bars. Getting around London and mastering the bus routes can be a bit tricky if you are new to London so we are really glad you managed to find your way about and have a great time.

Great location, clean rooms, helpful staff and nice bar at the bottom.... spot on!

Thanks for review! We love it when our guests have a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

Nice hostel, up to par with all of the other St. Christophers that I've stayed at. Not much else to say about it. Close to the tube station, good area in Camden too.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Maybe you could tell us why you gave us a three for staff and we can try and make your next visit even better. thanks St Christopher's Camden team

Great hostel, great fun

• 30th Jun 2013

The place was great but the people in our room were rude and unfriendly.

• 29th Jun 2013

What a shame to hear the other guests in your room were not so great. We are always happy to try and move guests if they wish, whatever the reason so you have the best time possible.