St Christopher's Camden Reviews

48-50 Camden High Street, Camden NW1, London, England

It had a good lively atmosphere as it was attached to a pub. Staff were brilliant! Bed was very comfy but room very hot with no fans and only a heavy duvet for bed. I would have liked better shower facilities as it made our room a bit messy . But was a great place to stay for a weekend of fun in Camden.

We are glad you had fun. We know the hostel did get incredibly warm during our abnormally hot British summer so we have now purchased fans for the rooms that are available on request. Glad you liked the staff and the bar.

When you travel alone, choose this hostel. It`s really easy to find other people. The hostel is a Bar where you also can sleep. The perfect combination. I stayed 2 nights, Tuesday and Friday. On both days there was live music. It is a popular hostel, were a lot op people go to. I really recommend this hostel for everyone.

Thanks for the great review. Being in Camden we always like to have a bit of music going on. We are glad you met loads of other awesome, like minded people and hope to see you again soon.

The stay was nice, the staff also and we enjoyed our time there!

• 24th Jul 2013

Thanks for your review. We are glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon.

Dana, the receptionist, was very kind to me. She helped me a lot to find places and the bus routes. Thank you Dana! =)

Thanks for your review. Dana was especially happy to get a mention as she is a new to beds and bars. Getting around London and mastering the bus routes can be a bit tricky if you are new to London so we are really glad you managed to find your way about and have a great time.

Great location, clean rooms, helpful staff and nice bar at the bottom.... spot on!

Thanks for review! We love it when our guests have a great time. Hope to see you again soon.

Nice hostel, up to par with all of the other St. Christophers that I've stayed at. Not much else to say about it. Close to the tube station, good area in Camden too.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Maybe you could tell us why you gave us a three for staff and we can try and make your next visit even better. thanks St Christopher's Camden team

Great hostel, great fun

• 30th Jun 2013

The place was great but the people in our room were rude and unfriendly.

• 29th Jun 2013

What a shame to hear the other guests in your room were not so great. We are always happy to try and move guests if they wish, whatever the reason so you have the best time possible.

Stayed there for two nights, but ended up on a sofa in Streatham the first night. I completely regret that, because the sofa was very uncomfortable, and when I slept in the hostel the beds were super comfortable. Camden is a great location and the hostel is just around the corner of a great Sushi place, tea place and close to Prime Rose Hill, were you can overview whole London. I'll be going back to the hostel in a few days again.

• 25th Jun 2013

Thanks for your glowing review. We also think our hostel is in an excellent location and we are glad you came back again. Hopefully we will see you in Camden a third time, or if not, at a different St Christopher's

great location..friendly welcoming staff..good hostel for partying and cheap drinks..rooms were ok except the shower flooded but i was to drunk to care

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Female

excellant stay, staff very friendly and helpfull

• 17th Jun 2013

Hi, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you in Camden or one of our many other St Christopher's in the near future.

Love Camden but lack of areas to relax outside of the bar and no kitchen/computer which I usually enjoy from a hostel. Otherwise nice and close to the tube and drinks are reasonably priced

We have recently added a fridge in the chill out room along with the microwave and kettle that we encourage all guests to use. We would love to have a guest kitchen on site but unfortunately we just lack the space to do so. We also recently added extra new benches outside where you can sit and watch Camden go by. We are happy you found the location good and took advantage of our special drinks deals for hostel guests. Hope to see you again soon.

area is really cool, theres a bar downstairs with cheap drinks and food if you stay at the hostel which was good. you can hear the music from the bar in your room til 2am but didnt bother me and they give free earplugs. good atmosphere, great location and if you're australian you'll meet plenty of fellow aussies as they all seem to stay here. free wifi in rooms and rooms/bathrooms were fairly clean

You can find free earplugs at the reception, use it :) The hostel is in a great location, easy to get everywhere.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Hungary

I loved this hostel, had a mixed 6 bedroom and everyone was very cool. It was nice to go downstairs and get a drink at the hostel bar with everyone too, Camden is well know for it's bar crawls! Lockers under the beds were nice too. Hostel was one of my faves

Good pub, decent beds, very quiet. One of the better hostels in London.

I just stayed one night and it was good.

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

By far the worst hostel I stayed at while on my trip through Europe. We were checked in by a drunk staff member who nearly took 30 minutes to complete the process. The hostel wasn't filthy but it was also the most noticeably un-clean when compared to other hostels. No toilet in the room. You need to check out every morning and check back in every afternoon even if you are staying multiple nights. If you plan on spending all of your time in the Camden area, this is in the heart of it...

Really nice bar and bed, locate near supermarket is good.

• 5th Jun 2013
  • China

Loved it! Great area lots to see and do. The staff were very friendly and helpful big cheers to Darcy for making us feel at home!

• 3rd Jun 2013